• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:01
CEST 11:01
KST 18:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10045 users

Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim - Page 10

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 586 Next
Kalpman
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden406 Posts
December 15 2010 20:45 GMT
#181
Wow this is so sick, cant believe I hadnt found this thread until now
I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than you!
RedMosquito
Profile Joined September 2010
United States280 Posts
December 16 2010 06:21 GMT
#182
did i just hear someone say oblivion was terrible?? that was one of the best games i ever played. lost three years of my life to that game. Its quite simply the best RPG of all time and you're ignorant to say its terrible. Theres so much to do in that game
JoFu
Profile Joined May 2010
United States25 Posts
December 16 2010 07:14 GMT
#183
On December 16 2010 15:21 RedMosquito wrote:
did i just hear someone say oblivion was terrible?? that was one of the best games i ever played. lost three years of my life to that game. Its quite simply the best RPG of all time and you're ignorant to say its terrible. Theres so much to do in that game


*sits back and waits for the uproar*

...I thought Oblivion was pretty good. Was not too fond of the main quest line, though.
wut
Fishball
Profile Joined December 2005
Canada4788 Posts
December 16 2010 07:20 GMT
#184
I liked Oblivion too.

The original ending was a let down, but a lot of the other side quests made up for it.
I really loved the Dark Brotherhood quests. I was so drawn in at the time, and remember myself being "angered" by the death of my beloved friend Lucien Lachance.

I avenged him with pride.
靈魂交響曲
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-16 08:15:09
December 16 2010 08:06 GMT
#185
On December 15 2010 03:12 Drowsy wrote:
Is it just me or has every game since Daggerfall had progressively less customization options? I remember Daggerfall just had a bazillion different ways to customize your character at generation. Morrowind had a decent amount of options, and then in Oblivion everything was limited and consolidated as fuck. I wanna have a lot of different weapons, abilities, spells, and characteristics that differentiate my character and make the gameplay experience different. In oblivion it just didn't feel like it actually mattered what skills/race/class I chose.

This a thousand times. And don't forget the world as well. The entire world in Daggerfall spanned the equivalent of of 487,000 square kilometers with thousands of procedurally generated towns. Morrowind and Oblivion are scaled down to about 25.9 square kilometers and 41.4 square kilometers respectively.

The content in Daggerfall was pretty roughly done, but one wonders what they could have made with the procedural content today. Imagine with better generation algorithms what a 487,000 square kilometer procedurally generated world could look like today. And would it have been a better game than Morrowind/Oblivion?

On December 16 2010 15:21 RedMosquito wrote:
did i just hear someone say oblivion was terrible?? that was one of the best games i ever played. lost three years of my life to that game. Its quite simply the best RPG of all time and you're ignorant to say its terrible. Theres so much to do in that game

It's all a relative measure. People who say Oblivion is bad are saying so in comparison to pretty provably better games (Morrowind, BG1/2, Fallout Series, etc.). Having "much to do" doesn't amount to much when so little of it actually matters for anything.

Ironically, this would make them anything BUT ignorant. Elitist, maybe. Overly cynical, probably. But not ignorant.

It's a fun game, but its pretty clearly not the best RPG of all time. I probably wouldn't even put it on my top 10, but if we're making a list that starts to get more subjective.
Moderator
SnK-Arcbound
Profile Joined March 2005
United States4423 Posts
December 16 2010 13:06 GMT
#186
I thought oblivion was awesome, until I played morrowind. Now I have morrowind installed and haven't reinstalled oblivion since the first time I played it. Once you get past the poor asthetics of morrowind, the game is amazing.
Nyx
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Rwanda460 Posts
December 16 2010 13:13 GMT
#187
On December 16 2010 16:20 Fishball wrote:
I liked Oblivion too.

The original ending was a let down, but a lot of the other side quests made up for it.
I really loved the Dark Brotherhood quests. I was so drawn in at the time, and remember myself being "angered" by the death of my beloved friend Lucien Lachance.

I avenged him with pride.


The quest where you're inserted into a house party to kill off all the guests one by one, I replayed that so many times in so many ways....
University
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States263 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-16 13:35:07
December 16 2010 13:34 GMT
#188
Oblivion was meh...

...but Morrowind. That was something to keep you playing for hours. Such a badass title. Soo many glitches and ways to destroy balance/any danger of dying whatsoever BUT that's what made it so fun in some ways.

I just remember getting to Balmora for the first time and stealing everything.

Really looking forward to this title and I hope it comes out in the summer so I have time to play it.
lynx.oblige
Profile Joined August 2009
Sierra Leone2268 Posts
December 17 2010 12:15 GMT
#189
Aw, don't be so hard on Oblivion. If you can get past the numerous bugs and technical issues, it was really a great game.
Everyone needs a nemesis.
iamke55
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
United States2806 Posts
December 17 2010 18:47 GMT
#190
Alright I'm gonna play Morrowind and install the right mods to play it the right way...

But seriously, Oblivion with FCOM and other mods was literally 100x better than everything else I've played on PC. I don't understand how people can think non-Bethesda RPGs are good unless they haven't played Oblivion.
During practice session, I discovered very good build against zerg. -Bisu[Shield]
REDBLUEGREEN
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Germany1904 Posts
December 17 2010 19:19 GMT
#191
On December 16 2010 22:34 University wrote:
Soo many glitches and ways to destroy balance/any danger of dying whatsoever BUT that's what made it so fun in some ways.

lol yeah. I remember making a 5000 points levitation potion that lasted like 30 minutes. Was just flying around until my PC crashed :D
takingbackoj
Profile Joined December 2010
United States684 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-17 19:40:21
December 17 2010 19:38 GMT
#192
Did anyone else hate oblivion for the mere fact that enemies leveled with you. I think that ruined the game.

I really like the Elder Scrolls games but hopefully Bethesda changes this imo.
Get the hell outta here Der Beek, your'e ruining my moment.
polgas
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada1791 Posts
December 17 2010 20:22 GMT
#193
I just bought Oblivion this week and it has been a blast. I've limited myself from reading too many guides while trying to avoid deaths on my current first playthrough. I've died from trolls though, I didn't know I have to kill a bunch of them.

I didn't know enemies scale levels until I read this thread. It's disappointing but at least now I know I didn't have to grind.
Leee Jaee Doong
Boblion
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
France8043 Posts
December 17 2010 20:25 GMT
#194
On December 18 2010 03:47 iamke55 wrote:
I don't understand how people can think non-Bethesda RPGs are good unless they haven't played Oblivion.

Usually it is the other way around.
fuck all those elitists brb watching streams of elite players.
Dizz
Profile Joined November 2010
United States17 Posts
December 17 2010 20:52 GMT
#195
On December 18 2010 04:38 takingbackoj wrote:
Did anyone else hate oblivion for the mere fact that enemies leveled with you. I think that ruined the game.


Yes, one of the chief pleasures of playing an RPG is to watch your character grow stronger/advance. There's no bar to measure that progress with auto-leveling enemies.
SingletonWilliam
Profile Joined April 2008
United States664 Posts
December 17 2010 20:58 GMT
#196
I hate how creatures scaled with you so much, it kind of ruined the feel of the Oblivion for me. No doubt I loved Morrowind though, and Oblivion was really good. I liked the crazy broken things you could do in Morrowind like fly, it just made the game more fun.

But the real problem with oblivion is that it wasn't as expansive as Morrowind. Morrowind had ship wrecks, underwater caves, daedric temples, dwemer temples, etc. and Oblivion was like one large field.
Aegraen #1 Fan!
scottyyy
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom796 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-18 00:28:36
December 18 2010 00:28 GMT
#197
I'm pretty sure they won't be keeping the same leveling system in Skyrim. 99% of people who installed mods fixed it, with one of the many different leveling mods. It makes the game 100x better and I'm sure Bethesda has noticed just how many mods there are that make their leveling system better.
Lord_of_Chaos
Profile Joined June 2007
Sweden372 Posts
December 20 2010 14:21 GMT
#198
Btw, I think that Shvering Isles had basicly everything in terms of atmosphere that Oblivion lacked. So I'm hopeful that Beth realised what they needed to change.
dacthehork
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States2000 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-20 14:53:50
December 20 2010 14:35 GMT
#199
On December 18 2010 03:47 iamke55 wrote:
Alright I'm gonna play Morrowind and install the right mods to play it the right way...

But seriously, Oblivion with FCOM and other mods was literally 100x better than everything else I've played on PC. I don't understand how people can think non-Bethesda RPGs are good unless they haven't played Oblivion.


FCOM Oblivion is great, vanilla oblivion was really bad

Too bad my version just crashes a ton for some reason I can't figure out. Installing Fcom is always a pain though

FCOM basically makes the game a lot better and takes out a good portion of dynamic stuff for more static areas (places with way harder creatures etc where you will die).

So it's a nice change of pace and rewards exploring (looking for the right dungeons, running from some to come back later etc.
Warturtle - DOTA 2 is KING
Orgondor
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden16 Posts
December 20 2010 15:12 GMT
#200
On December 18 2010 04:38 takingbackoj wrote:
Did anyone else hate oblivion for the mere fact that enemies leveled with you. I think that ruined the game.


Yes, it was even a very bad implementation of a bad concept. The system made it super bad to diversify your skill set, if you trained very different skills you would end up being super under powered in combat. And if you did the opposite you got way to overpowered... Oblivion was beautiful and I did spend some time playing it, Morrowind however outshines it every way apart from graphics.

Fingers crossed they get it right in this iteration.
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 586 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 59m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 159
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 961
Mind 729
Larva 606
ggaemo 588
Stork 320
Leta 185
Bisu 158
PianO 150
Killer 45
Hyuk 34
[ Show more ]
Bale 25
yabsab 22
ZergMaN 21
Hm[arnc] 11
sorry 8
Dota 2
XcaliburYe219
League of Legends
JimRising 407
Reynor106
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1150
Other Games
summit1g10369
Mew2King121
ArmadaUGS46
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick530
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream184
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2347
League of Legends
• Stunt1252
• Jankos927
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
59m
Online Event
1h 59m
FEL
6h 59m
AI Arena Tournament
7h 59m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
9h 59m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d
INu's Battles
1d 2h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 14h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.