• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:38
CEST 15:38
KST 22:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9436 users

Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim - Page 7

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 586 Next
Dagon
Profile Joined August 2010
Romania264 Posts
December 13 2010 22:30 GMT
#121
On December 12 2010 15:03 MarwanBaki wrote:
Oblivion, first game to decimate systems and bring PCs to their knees. As much as i am excited for this, do i dare imagine specs needed for a full on experience. <3 you Bethesda though.


Nope. First game to spit on high end computers with impunity at it's time was C&C Generals..

Anyway, i liked Oblivion more than Morrowind because i don't think true RPGs are suited for first person. And Oblv was more action than RPG. Plus, Morrowind was SO GOD DAMN LONG i never actually finished it..
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
December 13 2010 22:35 GMT
#122
So apparently a certain mad Khajiit wasn't wrong after all?

Anyways I hope they go back to a morrowindish style rather than oblivion. Also if they make the nords stereotype vikings I'm going to go kill some kittens. And yeah, sounds like I'll be replacing my HD 4830 next year.......
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
ZaplinG
Profile Blog Joined February 2005
United States3818 Posts
December 13 2010 22:38 GMT
#123
I'm still playing morrowind.

There are just so many user made mods that it never gets old.

Actually, I plan on making a pretty comprehensive morrowind mod thread in the near future!

looking forward to this game, although I probably wont have the ability to play it.
Don't believe the florist when he tells you that the roses are free
Nyx
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Rwanda460 Posts
December 13 2010 22:38 GMT
#124
On December 14 2010 07:35 Fargoth wrote:
So apparently a certain mad Khajiit wasn't wrong after all?

Anyways I hope they go back to a morrowindish style rather than oblivion. Also if they make the nords stereotype vikings I'm going to go kill some kittens. And yeah, sounds like I'll be replacing my HD 4830 next year.......


A new CPU would be a plan too, Oblivion was often CPU limited so I wouldn't be suprised if Skyrim is the same. You're probably going to want 4GB RAM minimum too, but considering you've got a recent generation graphics card I won't be suprised if you've already running that.
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-13 22:51:47
December 13 2010 22:50 GMT
#125
On December 14 2010 07:38 Nyx wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2010 07:35 Fargoth wrote:
So apparently a certain mad Khajiit wasn't wrong after all?

Anyways I hope they go back to a morrowindish style rather than oblivion. Also if they make the nords stereotype vikings I'm going to go kill some kittens. And yeah, sounds like I'll be replacing my HD 4830 next year.......


A new CPU would be a plan too, Oblivion was often CPU limited so I wouldn't be suprised if Skyrim is the same. You're probably going to want 4GB RAM minimum too, but considering you've got a recent generation graphics card I won't be suprised if you've already running that.


Already have 4gb of ram, ddr3 for that matter, and a phenom 955. Probably wouldn't hurt to replace the graphics card now but considering it runs all the games I have now just fine I don't see any reason to.
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
thReNody
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11 Posts
December 13 2010 23:10 GMT
#126
Aughhh I can't wait That music towards the end gives me chills....
Disregard women, acquire vespene gas.
Conzeq
Profile Joined April 2010
64 Posts
December 13 2010 23:30 GMT
#127
Really excited for this one. Reminds me that I have to play through Morrowind :D
wtf
Traveler
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States451 Posts
December 13 2010 23:35 GMT
#128
Ever since I first played Morrowind, and continued playing it for years I have always wanted to play the following games in the series, Skyrim is a lot to look forwards too. Also, I hope they return to a more Morrowind style over Oblivion. Morrowind simply had that feel to it that Oblivion didn't really, I mean Oblivion had some great quest play, and elements like NPC scheduling, but Morrowind's world was so much more chaotic and open than Oblivion's.

Anyways, I'm hoping for even more history and realms to explore.
Can you ever argue in favor of something without first proving it?
Pyrrhuloxia
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States6700 Posts
December 13 2010 23:45 GMT
#129
On December 14 2010 07:30 Dagon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2010 15:03 MarwanBaki wrote:
Oblivion, first game to decimate systems and bring PCs to their knees. As much as i am excited for this, do i dare imagine specs needed for a full on experience. <3 you Bethesda though.


Nope. First game to spit on high end computers with impunity at it's time was C&C Generals..

Anyway, i liked Oblivion more than Morrowind because i don't think true RPGs are suited for first person. And Oblv was more action than RPG. Plus, Morrowind was SO GOD DAMN LONG i never actually finished it..

Pretty sure daggerfall and morrowind also spit on computers when they came out. As well as Crysis.
iamke55
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
United States2806 Posts
December 13 2010 23:46 GMT
#130
Can someone explain what made Morrowind so much better than Oblivion? I couldn't take the lack of voice acting, small font, no fast traveling, impossible combat, and general instability preventing me from alt-tabbing to read guides. On the other hand, Oblivion with FCOM was the best single player video game experience I ever had. What am I missing out on?
During practice session, I discovered very good build against zerg. -Bisu[Shield]
Pyrrhuloxia
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States6700 Posts
December 13 2010 23:52 GMT
#131
On December 14 2010 07:35 Fargoth wrote:
So apparently a certain mad Khajiit wasn't wrong after all?

Anyways I hope they go back to a morrowindish style rather than oblivion. Also if they make the nords stereotype vikings I'm going to go kill some kittens. And yeah, sounds like I'll be replacing my HD 4830 next year.......

Pretty sure Maiq was talking about Oblivion in the quote I think you're referring to.
Pyrrhuloxia
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States6700 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-13 23:57:18
December 13 2010 23:54 GMT
#132
On December 14 2010 08:46 iamke55 wrote:
Can someone explain what made Morrowind so much better than Oblivion? I couldn't take the lack of voice acting, small font, no fast traveling, impossible combat, and general instability preventing me from alt-tabbing to read guides. On the other hand, Oblivion with FCOM was the best single player video game experience I ever had. What am I missing out on?

Well I think that vanilla morrowind is superior to vanilla oblivion for a lot of people, due to the problem of everything levelling with you in Oblivion. Additionally, the other big complaint is the atmosphere/areas, because Morrowind had these crazily unique places like skyscraper plants and dead giant enemy crab mansions, and a volcano, and such and Oblivion settings seem more stock.

FCOM is super bamf tho.

Oh I forgot to mention (in my list of improvements from Morrowind to Oblivion I made to remind the nostalgia gogglers) that most people / enemies couldn't follow you through doors in Morrowind, which was pretty lame. There is a mod to add this, though.
Drowsy
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States4876 Posts
December 13 2010 23:59 GMT
#133
Oblivion was "bad" in the sense that it had like 0 replay value, for me anyway. I still had a blast playing through it the very first time. Before the novelty wore off it was quite fun.
Our Protoss, Who art in Aiur HongUn be Thy name; Thy stalker come, Thy will be blunk, on ladder as it is in Micro Tourny. Give us this win in our daily ladder, and forgive us our cheeses, As we forgive those who play zerg against us.
OblivionMage
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada377 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-14 00:08:58
December 14 2010 00:06 GMT
#134
On December 14 2010 08:46 iamke55 wrote:
Can someone explain what made Morrowind so much better than Oblivion? I couldn't take the lack of voice acting, small font, no fast traveling, impossible combat, and general instability preventing me from alt-tabbing to read guides. On the other hand, Oblivion with FCOM was the best single player video game experience I ever had. What am I missing out on?


Morrowind had a rich sense of adventure and danger. The content was unique both in relation to other fantasy worlds and to itself (it was not 'copy/pasted' and had a great variety of content), and it was probably the most non-linear game I've ever had the pleasure of playing. You made your character, then "good luck." There were houses to pledge loyalty to, guilds to join, and lands to explore. The game encouraged you to be creative with spells (see: levitation) and potions to overcome obstacles that would otherwise be very difficult (the game didn't scale in relation to your character).

Everyone played the game differently, everyone felt like they discovered something wonderful when they found the Morag Tong or figured out some obscure riddle given to them by a drunken NPC in a bar in Vivec. The lore was fascinating -- books, NPCs, quests, everything created an environment of mystery and wonder.



Oblivion, on the other hand, had nothing other than the Dark Brotherhood quests, three houses, the main storyline, and 1-2 quests per city and a few scattered around as well. There. Thats it. No mystery, just a bunch of cities that all look, feel, and function pretty much the same way. There was almost no sense of "oh, I wonder if I can break into here and steal that awesome weapon!" because everything scaled to you (yeah, there were mods that changed this, to some extent, but they could not fix the underlying issue and were more bandaid fixes than anything else). There were lots of random dungeons, but thats all they were -- copy/pasted dungeons without lore, reason, or intrigue.

And fast-travel is a horrible thing -- don't ever praise it. If you want to play Dragon Age, go and play it. Morrowind was open ended -- you had to figure out the best way to get to places (Mark/recall? Teleport to the nearest temple? Take a silt-strider? Boat? You almost always had to use a combination of these things). It wasn't just a few scripted quests stringed together, but an open-ended experience in which you crafted your own character and story as you played.
HazMat
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States17077 Posts
December 14 2010 00:38 GMT
#135
On December 14 2010 07:38 ZaplinG wrote:
I'm still playing morrowind.

There are just so many user made mods that it never gets old.

Actually, I plan on making a pretty comprehensive morrowind mod thread in the near future!

looking forward to this game, although I probably wont have the ability to play it.

That'd be awesome, I'm playing Morrowind atm for the first time and am running a couple of basic mods. MGE makes Morrowind look great but I don't know any other good mods.
www.youtube.com/user/ShakeDrizzle | League and SSBM content creator | Armada's Youtube Editor
OblivionMage
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada377 Posts
December 14 2010 00:40 GMT
#136
On December 14 2010 09:38 HazMat wrote:
That'd be awesome, I'm playing Morrowind atm for the first time and am running a couple of basic mods. MGE makes Morrowind look great but I don't know any other good mods.



Heres a good place to start:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3248990&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Also, there are the websites:

http://tesnexus.com/
and
http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=mods.list

Have fun!
Talin
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Montenegro10532 Posts
December 14 2010 00:54 GMT
#137
I heart tesnexus.

I reinstalled Oblivion two months ago and thanks to those guys I played one of the best games ever (and still didn't go through all the content), instead of Bethesda's ugly, broken gameplay, half-finished product.

I'm gonna give Morrowind another go soon as well.
Qzy
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Denmark1121 Posts
December 14 2010 01:05 GMT
#138
Since they've used the same engine for both oblivion and fallout 3 (+ all expansions and DLC) i expect this game to be... THE SAME ENGINE!
TG Sambo... Intel classic! Life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery
OblivionMage
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada377 Posts
December 14 2010 01:25 GMT
#139
On December 14 2010 10:05 Qzy wrote:
Since they've used the same engine for both oblivion and fallout 3 (+ all expansions and DLC) i expect this game to be... THE SAME ENGINE!


No, actually, it will be on a 'brand new engine':

http://twitter.com/Bethblog/status/14010984884604929
KMARTRULES
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia474 Posts
December 14 2010 01:41 GMT
#140
cool. i liked oblivion but it needed some work. this should really hit the nail on the head with improvements
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 586 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 619
ComeBackTV 465
SteadfastSC338
TaKeTV 256
Rex94
IndyStarCraft 52
EnkiAlexander 33
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 338
ProTech138
Rex 94
IndyStarCraft 52
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 44289
Bisu 2364
Horang2 1364
Shuttle 882
EffOrt 783
Hyuk 593
BeSt 553
Soma 509
Mini 387
Light 377
[ Show more ]
Larva 316
Rush 219
ZerO 198
Mong 93
Leta 88
Snow 75
Pusan 55
ToSsGirL 51
Mind 45
Sexy 43
JYJ 34
Aegong 29
Bale 22
sorry 20
Terrorterran 19
Noble 11
Icarus 9
Rock 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Dota 2
Gorgc6417
Counter-Strike
Fnx 768
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1529
Khaldor1016
Lowko437
Other Games
gofns39209
singsing1995
olofmeister1413
Beastyqt462
hiko452
B2W.Neo431
Livibee210
XaKoH 204
Liquid`VortiX123
Hui .90
Mew2King70
djWHEAT67
ArmadaUGS54
QueenE15
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV173
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream121
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 13
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 27
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2084
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 22m
CranKy Ducklings
20h 22m
Online Event
21h 22m
FEL
1d 2h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 3h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 5h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 20h
INu's Battles
1d 22h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.