• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:15
CEST 17:15
KST 00:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8005 users

Mass Effect 3 - Page 55

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 53 54 55 56 57 179 Next
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
March 04 2012 10:01 GMT
#1081
My current computer is barely able to run the ME3 demo. I have a new -beast- of a computer arriving around the 20th of March. Do I play ME3 instantly when it comes out, or wait to play it on my new computer in all its glory ~2 weeks later? DECISIONS DECISIONS.
Moderator
seiferoth10
Profile Joined May 2010
3362 Posts
March 04 2012 10:41 GMT
#1082
Play it twice! I usually do anyway, once going full paragon, and the other renegade.
AntiGrav1ty
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany2310 Posts
March 04 2012 13:12 GMT
#1083
Wait! Think of all the great games in the past. You always remember your first playthrough. If this one turns out to be great you would want it to be perfect
www.twitch.tv/antigrav1ty
haduken
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Australia8267 Posts
March 04 2012 13:28 GMT
#1084
Ooo... can't wait for the game release. To bad they can't release it on a Friday or something
Rillanon.au
Praetorial
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States4241 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-04 16:16:15
March 04 2012 15:24 GMT
#1085
Okay, that ending wasn't as bad as most people are saying it was. I won't discuss anything to do with spoilers, but it really felt conclusive and meaningful, what with + Show Spoiler +
the three voices in unison.


And the story still makes sense, which is why I don't care about everyone else saying "screw Bioware, I wanted ME1 all over again". I still think that after watching all of the endings that it is still an extremely well-written plot.
FOR GREAT JUSTICE! Bans for the ban gods!
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
March 04 2012 15:52 GMT
#1086
^ You should censor the last bit of your first sentence imo.
Moderator
Candadar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
2049 Posts
March 04 2012 15:53 GMT
#1087
On March 05 2012 00:24 Praetorial wrote:
Okay, that ending wasn't as bad as most people are saying it was. I won't discuss anything to do with spoilers, but it really felt conclusive and meaningful, what with the three voices in unison.

And the story still makes sense, which is why I don't care about everyone else saying "screw Bioware, I wanted ME1 all over again". I still think that after watching all of the endings that it is still an extremely well-written plot.


I'll double spoil my problem with it.

+ Show Spoiler +
+ Show Spoiler +
So what we know from the script leak and that ending, is that the kid in the very beginning in the vents was the "Catalyst", or basically the speaker of the Reapers or some shit. Furthermore, the very premise of the Reapers is fucking ridiculous. It literally makes no god damn sense at all.

"I LOVE ORGANIC LIFE SO I'M GOING TO KILL ALL ORGANIC LIFE AND TURN IT INTO SYNTHETIC LIFE SO ORGANIC LIFE DOESN'T CREATE SYNTHETIC LIFE THAT KILLS ALL ORGANIC LIFE"

That's literally the purpose of the Reapers killing all advanced life every 50,000 years.

Also, the very very ending. Where it was just a bed time story the entire time. And when the kid talks about "The Shepard", it insinuates it was just a myth at that point in human history so most of it probably never even happened. Then, the biggest fucking cock slap of all, the kid is all "tell me another story Grampa!" to set up another sequel.
Warpath
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1242 Posts
March 04 2012 15:56 GMT
#1088
On March 04 2012 19:01 Firebolt145 wrote:
My current computer is barely able to run the ME3 demo. I have a new -beast- of a computer arriving around the 20th of March. Do I play ME3 instantly when it comes out, or wait to play it on my new computer in all its glory ~2 weeks later? DECISIONS DECISIONS.


Sounds like your playing the game already IRL

your decision you make now could have serious negative repercussions.
Praetorial
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States4241 Posts
March 04 2012 16:21 GMT
#1089
On March 05 2012 00:53 Candadar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2012 00:24 Praetorial wrote:
Okay, that ending wasn't as bad as most people are saying it was. I won't discuss anything to do with spoilers, but it really felt conclusive and meaningful, what with the three voices in unison.

And the story still makes sense, which is why I don't care about everyone else saying "screw Bioware, I wanted ME1 all over again". I still think that after watching all of the endings that it is still an extremely well-written plot.


I'll double spoil my problem with it.

+ Show Spoiler +
+ Show Spoiler +
So what we know from the script leak and that ending, is that the kid in the very beginning in the vents was the "Catalyst", or basically the speaker of the Reapers or some shit. Furthermore, the very premise of the Reapers is fucking ridiculous. It literally makes no god damn sense at all.

"I LOVE ORGANIC LIFE SO I'M GOING TO KILL ALL ORGANIC LIFE AND TURN IT INTO SYNTHETIC LIFE SO ORGANIC LIFE DOESN'T CREATE SYNTHETIC LIFE THAT KILLS ALL ORGANIC LIFE"

That's literally the purpose of the Reapers killing all advanced life every 50,000 years.

Also, the very very ending. Where it was just a bed time story the entire time. And when the kid talks about "The Shepard", it insinuates it was just a myth at that point in human history so most of it probably never even happened. Then, the biggest fucking cock slap of all, the kid is all "tell me another story Grampa!" to set up another sequel.


Double spoilers again:

+ Show Spoiler +
+ Show Spoiler +
I am pretty sure that the kid in the vents is not the Catalyst. Yeah, the logic was a bit screwed up with what you have in all caps. However, I find that it doesn't really take away from the story, as not all organic life is killed. What I do have a problem with, is what you brought up last. Yes, that is fucking terrible ending, and if it actually appears in the game I will do my best to murder whomever in EA or Bioware decided to end one of the best modern sci-fi video games on such a cheap note. I mean, it could be integrated into the story as an ending in which Earth is cut off from the galaxy by the destruction of the mass relays, but I am really angry about the fact that it might just be a story within the game.
FOR GREAT JUSTICE! Bans for the ban gods!
Candadar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
2049 Posts
March 04 2012 16:38 GMT
#1090
On March 05 2012 01:21 Praetorial wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2012 00:53 Candadar wrote:
On March 05 2012 00:24 Praetorial wrote:
Okay, that ending wasn't as bad as most people are saying it was. I won't discuss anything to do with spoilers, but it really felt conclusive and meaningful, what with the three voices in unison.

And the story still makes sense, which is why I don't care about everyone else saying "screw Bioware, I wanted ME1 all over again". I still think that after watching all of the endings that it is still an extremely well-written plot.


I'll double spoil my problem with it.

+ Show Spoiler +
+ Show Spoiler +
So what we know from the script leak and that ending, is that the kid in the very beginning in the vents was the "Catalyst", or basically the speaker of the Reapers or some shit. Furthermore, the very premise of the Reapers is fucking ridiculous. It literally makes no god damn sense at all.

"I LOVE ORGANIC LIFE SO I'M GOING TO KILL ALL ORGANIC LIFE AND TURN IT INTO SYNTHETIC LIFE SO ORGANIC LIFE DOESN'T CREATE SYNTHETIC LIFE THAT KILLS ALL ORGANIC LIFE"

That's literally the purpose of the Reapers killing all advanced life every 50,000 years.

Also, the very very ending. Where it was just a bed time story the entire time. And when the kid talks about "The Shepard", it insinuates it was just a myth at that point in human history so most of it probably never even happened. Then, the biggest fucking cock slap of all, the kid is all "tell me another story Grampa!" to set up another sequel.


Double spoilers again:

+ Show Spoiler +
+ Show Spoiler +
I am pretty sure that the kid in the vents is not the Catalyst. Yeah, the logic was a bit screwed up with what you have in all caps. However, I find that it doesn't really take away from the story, as not all organic life is killed. What I do have a problem with, is what you brought up last. Yes, that is fucking terrible ending, and if it actually appears in the game I will do my best to murder whomever in EA or Bioware decided to end one of the best modern sci-fi video games on such a cheap note. I mean, it could be integrated into the story as an ending in which Earth is cut off from the galaxy by the destruction of the mass relays, but I am really angry about the fact that it might just be a story within the game.


+ Show Spoiler +
+ Show Spoiler +
Yes, it is. The scripts gave that little fact away. There's a small chance I and others misinterpreted, but it seems to be very clear that's whom it is by the dialogue and shit.

Praetorial
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States4241 Posts
March 04 2012 16:42 GMT
#1091
On March 05 2012 01:38 Candadar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2012 01:21 Praetorial wrote:
On March 05 2012 00:53 Candadar wrote:
On March 05 2012 00:24 Praetorial wrote:
Okay, that ending wasn't as bad as most people are saying it was. I won't discuss anything to do with spoilers, but it really felt conclusive and meaningful, what with the three voices in unison.

And the story still makes sense, which is why I don't care about everyone else saying "screw Bioware, I wanted ME1 all over again". I still think that after watching all of the endings that it is still an extremely well-written plot.


I'll double spoil my problem with it.

+ Show Spoiler +
+ Show Spoiler +
So what we know from the script leak and that ending, is that the kid in the very beginning in the vents was the "Catalyst", or basically the speaker of the Reapers or some shit. Furthermore, the very premise of the Reapers is fucking ridiculous. It literally makes no god damn sense at all.

"I LOVE ORGANIC LIFE SO I'M GOING TO KILL ALL ORGANIC LIFE AND TURN IT INTO SYNTHETIC LIFE SO ORGANIC LIFE DOESN'T CREATE SYNTHETIC LIFE THAT KILLS ALL ORGANIC LIFE"

That's literally the purpose of the Reapers killing all advanced life every 50,000 years.

Also, the very very ending. Where it was just a bed time story the entire time. And when the kid talks about "The Shepard", it insinuates it was just a myth at that point in human history so most of it probably never even happened. Then, the biggest fucking cock slap of all, the kid is all "tell me another story Grampa!" to set up another sequel.


Double spoilers again:

+ Show Spoiler +
+ Show Spoiler +
I am pretty sure that the kid in the vents is not the Catalyst. Yeah, the logic was a bit screwed up with what you have in all caps. However, I find that it doesn't really take away from the story, as not all organic life is killed. What I do have a problem with, is what you brought up last. Yes, that is fucking terrible ending, and if it actually appears in the game I will do my best to murder whomever in EA or Bioware decided to end one of the best modern sci-fi video games on such a cheap note. I mean, it could be integrated into the story as an ending in which Earth is cut off from the galaxy by the destruction of the mass relays, but I am really angry about the fact that it might just be a story within the game.


+ Show Spoiler +
+ Show Spoiler +
Yes, it is. The scripts gave that little fact away. There's a small chance I and others misinterpreted, but it seems to be very clear that's whom it is by the dialogue and shit.



Ew.
FOR GREAT JUSTICE! Bans for the ban gods!
DKo
Profile Joined July 2010
United States187 Posts
March 04 2012 16:51 GMT
#1092
Just finished ME1, ME2, and all the DLCs.
I am ready for this week.
Praetorial
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States4241 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-04 16:56:30
March 04 2012 16:55 GMT
#1093
Not related to Mass Effect 3, but
[image loading]
What the hell?
FOR GREAT JUSTICE! Bans for the ban gods!
Fragile51
Profile Joined October 2011
Netherlands15767 Posts
March 04 2012 17:01 GMT
#1094
On March 05 2012 01:55 Praetorial wrote:
Not related to Mass Effect 3, but
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

What the hell?


...You didn't know yet? Bioware is making the next C&C generals. Lets hope it doesn't suck z_z
Praetorial
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States4241 Posts
March 04 2012 17:06 GMT
#1095
On March 05 2012 02:01 Fragile51 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2012 01:55 Praetorial wrote:
Not related to Mass Effect 3, but
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

What the hell?


...You didn't know yet? Bioware is making the next C&C generals. Lets hope it doesn't suck z_z


No, I didn't, but Bioware? C&C? What twisted leap of corporate logic led EA to do something so idiotic?
FOR GREAT JUSTICE! Bans for the ban gods!
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
March 04 2012 17:15 GMT
#1096
On March 05 2012 00:56 Warpath wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2012 19:01 Firebolt145 wrote:
My current computer is barely able to run the ME3 demo. I have a new -beast- of a computer arriving around the 20th of March. Do I play ME3 instantly when it comes out, or wait to play it on my new computer in all its glory ~2 weeks later? DECISIONS DECISIONS.


Sounds like your playing the game already IRL

your decision you make now could have serious negative repercussions.

:D Ahhhhh!
Moderator
Snotling
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany885 Posts
March 04 2012 17:16 GMT
#1097
On March 05 2012 02:06 Praetorial wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2012 02:01 Fragile51 wrote:
On March 05 2012 01:55 Praetorial wrote:
Not related to Mass Effect 3, but
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

What the hell?


...You didn't know yet? Bioware is making the next C&C generals. Lets hope it doesn't suck z_z


No, I didn't, but Bioware? C&C? What twisted leap of corporate logic led EA to do something so idiotic?



Money?
Candadar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
2049 Posts
March 04 2012 17:25 GMT
#1098
On March 05 2012 02:06 Praetorial wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2012 02:01 Fragile51 wrote:
On March 05 2012 01:55 Praetorial wrote:
Not related to Mass Effect 3, but
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

What the hell?


...You didn't know yet? Bioware is making the next C&C generals. Lets hope it doesn't suck z_z


No, I didn't, but Bioware? C&C? What twisted leap of corporate logic led EA to do something so idiotic?


Maybe they want more romance in C&C?
Praetorial
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States4241 Posts
March 04 2012 17:46 GMT
#1099
On March 05 2012 02:25 Candadar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2012 02:06 Praetorial wrote:
On March 05 2012 02:01 Fragile51 wrote:
On March 05 2012 01:55 Praetorial wrote:
Not related to Mass Effect 3, but
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

What the hell?


...You didn't know yet? Bioware is making the next C&C generals. Lets hope it doesn't suck z_z


No, I didn't, but Bioware? C&C? What twisted leap of corporate logic led EA to do something so idiotic?


Maybe they want more romance in C&C?


Romance options-love is war?
FOR GREAT JUSTICE! Bans for the ban gods!
ragnorr
Profile Joined April 2011
Denmark6097 Posts
March 04 2012 17:52 GMT
#1100
On March 05 2012 02:46 Praetorial wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2012 02:25 Candadar wrote:
On March 05 2012 02:06 Praetorial wrote:
On March 05 2012 02:01 Fragile51 wrote:
On March 05 2012 01:55 Praetorial wrote:
Not related to Mass Effect 3, but
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

What the hell?


...You didn't know yet? Bioware is making the next C&C generals. Lets hope it doesn't suck z_z


No, I didn't, but Bioware? C&C? What twisted leap of corporate logic led EA to do something so idiotic?


Maybe they want more romance in C&C?


Romance options-love is war?

Paragon and Renegade options! The terrorists can now be the good guys!
Prev 1 53 54 55 56 57 179 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 45m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech146
Codebar 25
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 2863
Shuttle 1450
EffOrt 923
BeSt 709
Light 424
Mini 407
ggaemo 334
Stork 278
ZerO 245
firebathero 231
[ Show more ]
Rush 171
Barracks 138
Sea.KH 80
Zeus 64
Dewaltoss 63
Killer 60
Shine 52
Hyun 40
Shinee 30
Mong 30
ToSsGirL 28
Sexy 27
Aegong 25
sorry 23
Bale 22
Terrorterran 20
soO 19
ajuk12(nOOB) 12
Sacsri 11
yabsab 8
zelot 7
910 7
Dota 2
qojqva3705
Dendi1667
BananaSlamJamma415
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
Fnx 179
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes515
Other Games
singsing2255
hiko1233
Liquid`RaSZi1185
B2W.Neo916
Lowko391
Liquid`VortiX274
Sick176
ArmadaUGS132
Rex83
Trikslyr32
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream547
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 9
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile119
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2247
• Jankos2225
• TFBlade700
Other Games
• WagamamaTV285
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
45m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
18h 45m
Afreeca Starleague
18h 45m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 8h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 19h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.