• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:37
CEST 18:37
KST 01:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8324 users

Mass Effect 3 - Page 164

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 162 163 164 165 166 179 Next
Praetorial
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States4241 Posts
April 20 2012 12:35 GMT
#3261
On April 20 2012 20:18 woody60707 wrote:
I have that damn harpoon gun up to level X, I don't even have the Korgen Battlemaster yet.


Battlemaster, unlike the other vanguards, is very very viable in gold.

My favorite new class.
FOR GREAT JUSTICE! Bans for the ban gods!
procyonlotor
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Italy473 Posts
April 20 2012 13:11 GMT
#3262
On April 20 2012 21:35 Praetorial wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2012 20:18 woody60707 wrote:
I have that damn harpoon gun up to level X, I don't even have the Korgen Battlemaster yet.


Battlemaster, unlike the other vanguards, is very very viable in gold.

My favorite new class.


The others are also good in my experience. Especially if you have a good novaguard on the team, and you're able to support them properly then you'll clean up.
Lokrium
Profile Joined March 2011
United States131 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-10 20:34:45
May 10 2012 20:34 GMT
#3263
I feel like this is a pretty decent reason to bump this thread:

Scylla Costa, ME3 Live Producer
Hi guys,

We are discussing internally about a set of guidelines that can permit MP modding while protecting the IP, economy and other players. I ask for a little bit of patience while we move forward internally with this topic.


I've been working on a mod that rebalances the game, as well as a 'platinum' difficulty level. The people I was working on the mod with decided to post some videos of us playing the mods in their beta stages, and a week later Bioware said that any and all modding is cheating. I was very sad. Now, there's a pretty decent chance we'll get developer supported modding!

So, modding in Mass Effect 3 MP? Discuss!
imJealous
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1382 Posts
May 10 2012 23:00 GMT
#3264
On May 11 2012 05:34 Lokrium wrote:
I feel like this is a pretty decent reason to bump this thread:

Show nested quote +
Scylla Costa, ME3 Live Producer
Hi guys,

We are discussing internally about a set of guidelines that can permit MP modding while protecting the IP, economy and other players. I ask for a little bit of patience while we move forward internally with this topic.


I've been working on a mod that rebalances the game, as well as a 'platinum' difficulty level. The people I was working on the mod with decided to post some videos of us playing the mods in their beta stages, and a week later Bioware said that any and all modding is cheating. I was very sad. Now, there's a pretty decent chance we'll get developer supported modding!

So, modding in Mass Effect 3 MP? Discuss!

What kind of balance changes did you guys make in your mod? I'm just curious
... In life very little goes right. "Right" meaning the way one expected and the way one wanted it. One has no right to want or expect anything.
Lokrium
Profile Joined March 2011
United States131 Posts
May 11 2012 00:01 GMT
#3265
I balanced ALL THE THINGS:
+ Show Spoiler +

Combos:
Reduced Biotic Explosion damage from [100-250] to [75-190].
Unlocked Fire & Ice Explosions
Fire Explosion damage over time reduced from [20-50] to [0.01-0.01] UNTESTED
Fire Explosion radius decreased from [300-600] to [0.01-0.01] UNTESTED
Fire Explosion maxtargets decreased from [4] to [1] UNTESTED
Cryo Explosion damage increased from [50-125] to [100-175] UNTESTED
Cryo Explosion radius increased from [300-500] to [300-700] UNTESTED
Cryo Explosion freeze duration increased from [2-5] to [4-10] UNTESTED

Singularity:
Radius increased from [100] to [150]
Max targets increased from [2] to [3]
Projectile speed increased from [3000] to [5300]

Cloak:
Minimum cloak cooldown time increased from [3] to [3.75]
Base cooldown increased from [10] to [12]

Carnage:
Cooldown decreased from [10] to [8]
Projectile speed increased from [2000] to [2500]
Instant damage percent increased from [0.75] to [1.0]

Incinerate:
Damage increased from [300] to [450]
Instant damage percent from [0.75] [1.25]
Projectile speed increased from [3000] to [4300]

Cryo Blast:
Projectile speed increased from [3000] to [4300]
Duration increased from [3] to [8]
Base damage taken bonus increased from [0] to [0.15]

Energy Drain:
Shields restored changed from [0.5] to [0.175]
Shields restored evolve changed from [0.5 to [0.175]

Shockwave:
Rank 6 Cooldown evolution changed from [0.4] to [1.15]
Lift duration increased from [2.5] to [3.75]
Range increased from [1000] to [1400]
Projectile speed increased from [1000] to [1400] not really sure if this is working
Number of pulses increased from [6] to [8]
Force increased from [600] to [1000] - overwritten by balance changes
Damage increased from [200] to [315] overwritten by balance changes
timebetweenimpacts decreased from [0.18] to [0.15] UNTESTED
Radius increased from [200] to [260] UNTESTED

Sticky Grenades:
Damage increased from [750] to [1250]
Radius decreased from [200] to [250]

Tech Armor:
Radius increased from [300] to [550]
Damage Reduction increased from [0.25] to [0.35]

Fortification:
Base damage reduction increased from [0.15] to [0.25]

Sentry Turret:
Will nerf the cooldown to make it feel more impactful to use.
Damage increased by 12 times. (evolve_damagebonus = 7f)
Flamethrower does 3000 * (7/12) damage/cycle (damage increased from [55] to [83 * 7]
Rocket radius increased from [150] to [350] doesn't work t.t
Rocket force increased from [600~??] to [2000]
Rocket cooldown decreased from [4] to [3.75]
Rocket minimum range decreased from [1000] to [500]
Shock power "removed"
Evolve shieldbonus increased from [0.4] to [1]
Freeze chance increased from [0.5] to [100.0]


These aren't all the changes I'm going to make, and I also intend on rebalancing the weapons. As soon as I finish writing this paper I'll get started on the mod again. The platinum difficulty takes all of these changes and also increases enemy health by an average of 40% and enemy spawn counts by 150%.
procyonlotor
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Italy473 Posts
May 11 2012 00:08 GMT
#3266
On May 11 2012 09:01 Lokrium wrote:
I balanced ALL THE THINGS:
+ Show Spoiler +

Combos:
Reduced Biotic Explosion damage from [100-250] to [75-190].
Unlocked Fire & Ice Explosions
Fire Explosion damage over time reduced from [20-50] to [0.01-0.01] UNTESTED
Fire Explosion radius decreased from [300-600] to [0.01-0.01] UNTESTED
Fire Explosion maxtargets decreased from [4] to [1] UNTESTED
Cryo Explosion damage increased from [50-125] to [100-175] UNTESTED
Cryo Explosion radius increased from [300-500] to [300-700] UNTESTED
Cryo Explosion freeze duration increased from [2-5] to [4-10] UNTESTED

Singularity:
Radius increased from [100] to [150]
Max targets increased from [2] to [3]
Projectile speed increased from [3000] to [5300]

Cloak:
Minimum cloak cooldown time increased from [3] to [3.75]
Base cooldown increased from [10] to [12]

Carnage:
Cooldown decreased from [10] to [8]
Projectile speed increased from [2000] to [2500]
Instant damage percent increased from [0.75] to [1.0]

Incinerate:
Damage increased from [300] to [450]
Instant damage percent from [0.75] [1.25]
Projectile speed increased from [3000] to [4300]

Cryo Blast:
Projectile speed increased from [3000] to [4300]
Duration increased from [3] to [8]
Base damage taken bonus increased from [0] to [0.15]

Energy Drain:
Shields restored changed from [0.5] to [0.175]
Shields restored evolve changed from [0.5 to [0.175]

Shockwave:
Rank 6 Cooldown evolution changed from [0.4] to [1.15]
Lift duration increased from [2.5] to [3.75]
Range increased from [1000] to [1400]
Projectile speed increased from [1000] to [1400] not really sure if this is working
Number of pulses increased from [6] to [8]
Force increased from [600] to [1000] - overwritten by balance changes
Damage increased from [200] to [315] overwritten by balance changes
timebetweenimpacts decreased from [0.18] to [0.15] UNTESTED
Radius increased from [200] to [260] UNTESTED

Sticky Grenades:
Damage increased from [750] to [1250]
Radius decreased from [200] to [250]

Tech Armor:
Radius increased from [300] to [550]
Damage Reduction increased from [0.25] to [0.35]

Fortification:
Base damage reduction increased from [0.15] to [0.25]

Sentry Turret:
Will nerf the cooldown to make it feel more impactful to use.
Damage increased by 12 times. (evolve_damagebonus = 7f)
Flamethrower does 3000 * (7/12) damage/cycle (damage increased from [55] to [83 * 7]
Rocket radius increased from [150] to [350] doesn't work t.t
Rocket force increased from [600~??] to [2000]
Rocket cooldown decreased from [4] to [3.75]
Rocket minimum range decreased from [1000] to [500]
Shock power "removed"
Evolve shieldbonus increased from [0.4] to [1]
Freeze chance increased from [0.5] to [100.0]


These aren't all the changes I'm going to make, and I also intend on rebalancing the weapons. As soon as I finish writing this paper I'll get started on the mod again. The platinum difficulty takes all of these changes and also increases enemy health by an average of 40% and enemy spawn counts by 150%.


Korolen? ^_^

This is looking pretty good, btw, and I look forward to the weapon changes. So many need buffs or changes.
Praetorial
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States4241 Posts
May 11 2012 00:38 GMT
#3267
Wooo multiplayer mods!
FOR GREAT JUSTICE! Bans for the ban gods!
NeMeSiS3
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Canada2972 Posts
May 11 2012 01:11 GMT
#3268
It actually really takes away from the game that you all are so satisfied with the mediocore multiplayer that you are excited when they annouce multiplayer DLC's barely after launch (inlcuding day 1 dlc's) but are fine with the single player (which if you remember is what mass effect 3 was about)... Maybe if we all stopped purchasing alright... not good or great dlc then they'd stop spoon feeding us this shit kool-aid and give some quality content... For instance a different ending then the single ending we all got.
FoTG fighting!
GeorgeH
Profile Joined January 2012
United Kingdom190 Posts
May 11 2012 09:21 GMT
#3269
On May 11 2012 09:01 Lokrium wrote:
I balanced ALL THE THINGS:
+ Show Spoiler +

Combos:
Reduced Biotic Explosion damage from [100-250] to [75-190].
Unlocked Fire & Ice Explosions
Fire Explosion damage over time reduced from [20-50] to [0.01-0.01] UNTESTED
Fire Explosion radius decreased from [300-600] to [0.01-0.01] UNTESTED
Fire Explosion maxtargets decreased from [4] to [1] UNTESTED
Cryo Explosion damage increased from [50-125] to [100-175] UNTESTED
Cryo Explosion radius increased from [300-500] to [300-700] UNTESTED
Cryo Explosion freeze duration increased from [2-5] to [4-10] UNTESTED

Singularity:
Radius increased from [100] to [150]
Max targets increased from [2] to [3]
Projectile speed increased from [3000] to [5300]

Cloak:
Minimum cloak cooldown time increased from [3] to [3.75]
Base cooldown increased from [10] to [12]

Carnage:
Cooldown decreased from [10] to [8]
Projectile speed increased from [2000] to [2500]
Instant damage percent increased from [0.75] to [1.0]

Incinerate:
Damage increased from [300] to [450]
Instant damage percent from [0.75] [1.25]
Projectile speed increased from [3000] to [4300]

Cryo Blast:
Projectile speed increased from [3000] to [4300]
Duration increased from [3] to [8]
Base damage taken bonus increased from [0] to [0.15]

Energy Drain:
Shields restored changed from [0.5] to [0.175]
Shields restored evolve changed from [0.5 to [0.175]

Shockwave:
Rank 6 Cooldown evolution changed from [0.4] to [1.15]
Lift duration increased from [2.5] to [3.75]
Range increased from [1000] to [1400]
Projectile speed increased from [1000] to [1400] not really sure if this is working
Number of pulses increased from [6] to [8]
Force increased from [600] to [1000] - overwritten by balance changes
Damage increased from [200] to [315] overwritten by balance changes
timebetweenimpacts decreased from [0.18] to [0.15] UNTESTED
Radius increased from [200] to [260] UNTESTED

Sticky Grenades:
Damage increased from [750] to [1250]
Radius decreased from [200] to [250]

Tech Armor:
Radius increased from [300] to [550]
Damage Reduction increased from [0.25] to [0.35]

Fortification:
Base damage reduction increased from [0.15] to [0.25]

Sentry Turret:
Will nerf the cooldown to make it feel more impactful to use.
Damage increased by 12 times. (evolve_damagebonus = 7f)
Flamethrower does 3000 * (7/12) damage/cycle (damage increased from [55] to [83 * 7]
Rocket radius increased from [150] to [350] doesn't work t.t
Rocket force increased from [600~??] to [2000]
Rocket cooldown decreased from [4] to [3.75]
Rocket minimum range decreased from [1000] to [500]
Shock power "removed"
Evolve shieldbonus increased from [0.4] to [1]
Freeze chance increased from [0.5] to [100.0]


These aren't all the changes I'm going to make, and I also intend on rebalancing the weapons. As soon as I finish writing this paper I'll get started on the mod again. The platinum difficulty takes all of these changes and also increases enemy health by an average of 40% and enemy spawn counts by 150%.


I suspect this is unlikely, but, is it possible to change the way the cover system behaves when using weapons that can be charged up? For example, as awkward as the Kishock Harpoon Gun is, I think it's quite fun to use. However, when using a chargable weapon from cover you remain exposed when charging the weapon until you discharge. I think it would be preferable if you could charge the weapon and still remain in cover, and only expose yourself when aiming.

I hope that makes sense.
Lokrium
Profile Joined March 2011
United States131 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-11 09:46:53
May 11 2012 09:45 GMT
#3270
On May 11 2012 18:21 GeorgeH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 11 2012 09:01 Lokrium wrote:
I balanced ALL THE THINGS:
+ Show Spoiler +

Combos:
Reduced Biotic Explosion damage from [100-250] to [75-190].
Unlocked Fire & Ice Explosions
Fire Explosion damage over time reduced from [20-50] to [0.01-0.01] UNTESTED
Fire Explosion radius decreased from [300-600] to [0.01-0.01] UNTESTED
Fire Explosion maxtargets decreased from [4] to [1] UNTESTED
Cryo Explosion damage increased from [50-125] to [100-175] UNTESTED
Cryo Explosion radius increased from [300-500] to [300-700] UNTESTED
Cryo Explosion freeze duration increased from [2-5] to [4-10] UNTESTED

Singularity:
Radius increased from [100] to [150]
Max targets increased from [2] to [3]
Projectile speed increased from [3000] to [5300]

Cloak:
Minimum cloak cooldown time increased from [3] to [3.75]
Base cooldown increased from [10] to [12]

Carnage:
Cooldown decreased from [10] to [8]
Projectile speed increased from [2000] to [2500]
Instant damage percent increased from [0.75] to [1.0]

Incinerate:
Damage increased from [300] to [450]
Instant damage percent from [0.75] [1.25]
Projectile speed increased from [3000] to [4300]

Cryo Blast:
Projectile speed increased from [3000] to [4300]
Duration increased from [3] to [8]
Base damage taken bonus increased from [0] to [0.15]

Energy Drain:
Shields restored changed from [0.5] to [0.175]
Shields restored evolve changed from [0.5 to [0.175]

Shockwave:
Rank 6 Cooldown evolution changed from [0.4] to [1.15]
Lift duration increased from [2.5] to [3.75]
Range increased from [1000] to [1400]
Projectile speed increased from [1000] to [1400] not really sure if this is working
Number of pulses increased from [6] to [8]
Force increased from [600] to [1000] - overwritten by balance changes
Damage increased from [200] to [315] overwritten by balance changes
timebetweenimpacts decreased from [0.18] to [0.15] UNTESTED
Radius increased from [200] to [260] UNTESTED

Sticky Grenades:
Damage increased from [750] to [1250]
Radius decreased from [200] to [250]

Tech Armor:
Radius increased from [300] to [550]
Damage Reduction increased from [0.25] to [0.35]

Fortification:
Base damage reduction increased from [0.15] to [0.25]

Sentry Turret:
Will nerf the cooldown to make it feel more impactful to use.
Damage increased by 12 times. (evolve_damagebonus = 7f)
Flamethrower does 3000 * (7/12) damage/cycle (damage increased from [55] to [83 * 7]
Rocket radius increased from [150] to [350] doesn't work t.t
Rocket force increased from [600~??] to [2000]
Rocket cooldown decreased from [4] to [3.75]
Rocket minimum range decreased from [1000] to [500]
Shock power "removed"
Evolve shieldbonus increased from [0.4] to [1]
Freeze chance increased from [0.5] to [100.0]


These aren't all the changes I'm going to make, and I also intend on rebalancing the weapons. As soon as I finish writing this paper I'll get started on the mod again. The platinum difficulty takes all of these changes and also increases enemy health by an average of 40% and enemy spawn counts by 150%.


I suspect this is unlikely, but, is it possible to change the way the cover system behaves when using weapons that can be charged up? For example, as awkward as the Kishock Harpoon Gun is, I think it's quite fun to use. However, when using a chargable weapon from cover you remain exposed when charging the weapon until you discharge. I think it would be preferable if you could charge the weapon and still remain in cover, and only expose yourself when aiming.

I hope that makes sense.


I suspect that's theoretically possible by someone more technically skilled than I. I really don't know where I'd even begin to look, though - I did a cursory check through the coalesced file, but the coalesced is mostly just numbers. I can't change any of the core gameplay. In this case, I can change the charge-up time for, say, the Arc Pistol, but I have no idea how I'd let you charge it behind cover. Also, the DLC is stored somewhere else. Until I figure it out, I can't change anything related to the DLC - it's just not in the coalesced file.
Tula
Profile Joined December 2010
Austria1544 Posts
May 11 2012 10:50 GMT
#3271
On May 11 2012 10:11 NeMeSiS3 wrote:
It actually really takes away from the game that you all are so satisfied with the mediocore multiplayer that you are excited when they annouce multiplayer DLC's barely after launch (inlcuding day 1 dlc's) but are fine with the single player (which if you remember is what mass effect 3 was about)... Maybe if we all stopped purchasing alright... not good or great dlc then they'd stop spoon feeding us this shit kool-aid and give some quality content... For instance a different ending then the single ending we all got.


Personally I enjoy the multiplayer parts, it's obvious they did not invest too much time into it, but it is fun and gives me a way to pass the time. Of course I'd enjoy it more if I could play the campaign as Co-op, but sadly that is not a feature Bioware focused on.

Yes the ending disappointed me, but the game itself is still the best of the triology, and I've loved every single minute I spent in this universe.

Also note that so far every DLC (except the Day 1 collectors edition DLC, which i still haven't bought simply because i don't buy stuff like that) has been free, so of course we are excited about it.
HeeroFX
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2704 Posts
May 17 2012 17:54 GMT
#3272
MP is fun
Fencar
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States2694 Posts
May 17 2012 19:50 GMT
#3273
On May 11 2012 19:50 Tula wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 11 2012 10:11 NeMeSiS3 wrote:
It actually really takes away from the game that you all are so satisfied with the mediocore multiplayer that you are excited when they annouce multiplayer DLC's barely after launch (inlcuding day 1 dlc's) but are fine with the single player (which if you remember is what mass effect 3 was about)... Maybe if we all stopped purchasing alright... not good or great dlc then they'd stop spoon feeding us this shit kool-aid and give some quality content... For instance a different ending then the single ending we all got.


Personally I enjoy the multiplayer parts, it's obvious they did not invest too much time into it, but it is fun and gives me a way to pass the time. Of course I'd enjoy it more if I could play the campaign as Co-op, but sadly that is not a feature Bioware focused on.

Yes the ending disappointed me, but the game itself is still the best of the triology, and I've loved every single minute I spent in this universe.

Also note that so far every DLC (except the Day 1 collectors edition DLC, which i still haven't bought simply because i don't buy stuff like that) has been free, so of course we are excited about it.

I dunno, I played through all 3 games in order, and I enjoyed myself in ME2 the most. Something about character development really got me into it the 2nd and 3rd times I played through. ME3 feels unfinished, story rushed, not very polished, etc. I think they wanted to get it out in 2011 but had to delay it so it wasn't complete crap, but it's still not as good/polished as ME2 or ME1.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
DarkSpectre
Profile Joined December 2011
121 Posts
May 30 2012 17:45 GMT
#3274
I finally beat ME3 last night. Wow, now I understand why a lot of people hate ME3 endings. They all suck. WTF WERE THEY SMOKING WHEN THEY WROTE THE ENDINGS?

I will never buy another Bioware game ever again. I have invested emotionally in ME series. What do I get in the end? A Big FU.
HeeroFX
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2704 Posts
May 30 2012 18:04 GMT
#3275
On May 31 2012 02:45 DarkSpectre wrote:
I finally beat ME3 last night. Wow, now I understand why a lot of people hate ME3 endings. They all suck. WTF WERE THEY SMOKING WHEN THEY WROTE THE ENDINGS?

I will never buy another Bioware game ever again. I have invested emotionally in ME series. What do I get in the end? A Big FU.




I wouldn't go as far as never buying another one of there games. Like you I got really into the ME series, and was kinda like that ending? wtf? They claim they are gonna fix it. But I personally hope they come out with a ME 4 that gets back to the roots of ME 2
killa_robot
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada1884 Posts
May 30 2012 18:30 GMT
#3276
On May 31 2012 03:04 HeeroFX wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 31 2012 02:45 DarkSpectre wrote:
I finally beat ME3 last night. Wow, now I understand why a lot of people hate ME3 endings. They all suck. WTF WERE THEY SMOKING WHEN THEY WROTE THE ENDINGS?

I will never buy another Bioware game ever again. I have invested emotionally in ME series. What do I get in the end? A Big FU.




I wouldn't go as far as never buying another one of there games. Like you I got really into the ME series, and was kinda like that ending? wtf? They claim they are gonna fix it. But I personally hope they come out with a ME 4 that gets back to the roots of ME 2


Their "fixing it", is just them adding a few more cutscenes to explain some of the things that happen in the end. They're not actually going to change anything.

Which is a shame.
procyonlotor
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Italy473 Posts
May 30 2012 18:56 GMT
#3277
On May 31 2012 03:30 killa_robot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 31 2012 03:04 HeeroFX wrote:
On May 31 2012 02:45 DarkSpectre wrote:
I finally beat ME3 last night. Wow, now I understand why a lot of people hate ME3 endings. They all suck. WTF WERE THEY SMOKING WHEN THEY WROTE THE ENDINGS?

I will never buy another Bioware game ever again. I have invested emotionally in ME series. What do I get in the end? A Big FU.




I wouldn't go as far as never buying another one of there games. Like you I got really into the ME series, and was kinda like that ending? wtf? They claim they are gonna fix it. But I personally hope they come out with a ME 4 that gets back to the roots of ME 2


Their "fixing it", is just them adding a few more cutscenes to explain some of the things that happen in the end. They're not actually going to change anything.

Which is a shame.


You have to understand that in Bioware's eyes what caused the uproar with the ending wasn't failure, it was brilliance. They believe their move was so gutsy and inspired that it was only natural that the unenlightened masses reject it, being as they are raised on convenient tropes and harmless narratives. Add to that the slew of supposed critics and connoisseurs who hold up the ending to Bioware's own marketing statements and you have a recipe for their current embarrassment.
mikkmagro
Profile Joined April 2011
Malta1513 Posts
May 30 2012 19:13 GMT
#3278
I loathed the ending when I played it, but a few months after I finished it, I started reading up on the indoctrination theory, and watching videos of it online, that it absolutely makes sense. There are way too many indications that show it - if its writing was as crappy, and if the ending was as rushed as 'fans' are saying it is - why would they include all those little details that keep on hinting towards indoctrination? Bioware's forte in RPGs has always been the minute details, and the stuff you see that hints towards indoctrination is at the end of the day, unequivocal, because these details wouldn't have been included if the ending was as crap as everyone says it is. Things such as Shepard holding a bleeding wound in the exact same place where he shot Anderson, or the little boy never being noticed by anyone else rather than Shepard, the child himself is an obvious manifestation in Shepard's mind, if you think about it.

And even so, I'm ready to give Bioware the benefit of the doubt, because their games have always been excellent. People who jump on the bandwagon saying that Dragon Age 2 was crap mostly did not play it to its entirety - the game has better storytelling than the first game - sure, the gameplay changes, and repetitive environments were for the worst, but the game was still extremely enjoyable.

mousesports, Team Acer, Fnatic!
Telcontar
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom16710 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-30 19:35:56
May 30 2012 19:32 GMT
#3279
Indoc theory has been proven false. Bioware's statements on them standing by the ending is proof. All the clues & hints are either coincidental or down to people reading too much into things. And I doubt they will use any of it since all they're doing is 'clarifying & explaining' the current shitfest.

Just go through all of Bioware's statements released after the whole furore started and you'll see.
Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta.
AgentChaos
Profile Joined July 2011
United Kingdom4569 Posts
May 30 2012 19:37 GMT
#3280
On May 31 2012 04:32 Telcontar wrote:
Indoc theory has been proven false. Bioware's statements on them standing by the ending is proof. All the clues & hints are either coincidental or down to people reading too much into things. And I doubt they will use any of it since all they're doing is 'clarifying & explaining' the current shitfest.

Just go through all of Bioware's statements released after the whole furore started and you'll see.

can you get me bioware's statements on the ending saying that indoctronate theory is wrong? thanks
IM & EG supporter
Prev 1 162 163 164 165 166 179 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
IntoTheiNu 626
ComeBackTV 565
SteadfastSC381
Rex107
EnkiAlexander 52
CosmosSc2 41
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 381
Rex 107
UpATreeSC 64
CosmosSc2 41
Codebar 4
MindelVK 0
BRAT_OK 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 41531
Hyuk 1507
Jaedong 1351
Mini 592
Soma 572
Horang2 524
BeSt 469
Larva 347
Rush 310
Soulkey 280
[ Show more ]
ZerO 256
Snow 200
Last 134
hero 85
sorry 58
Mind 56
Liquid`Ret 47
Free 41
Terrorterran 29
Killer 27
ToSsGirL 25
yabsab 22
Shine 22
Rock 21
Trap 18
HiyA 17
Dewaltoss 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8397
qojqva1593
Dendi780
Counter-Strike
Fnx 819
x6flipin578
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2534
Khaldor2073
Grubby833
Liquid`Hasu277
Other Games
ArmadaUGS2934
singsing1787
hiko766
B2W.Neo706
byalli460
ceh9247
KnowMe118
QueenE94
Mew2King78
Trikslyr42
Railgan18
ZerO(Twitch)18
Chillindude15
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream85
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 37
• Adnapsc2 6
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix9
• Azhi_Dahaki3
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3359
League of Legends
• Nemesis1825
• TFBlade728
Other Games
• Shiphtur356
• WagamamaTV229
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
17h 23m
OSC
20h 23m
Stellar Fest
20h 23m
OSC
1d 7h
Stellar Fest
1d 20h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.