• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:54
CEST 20:54
KST 03:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9314 users

Mass Effect 3 - Page 163

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 161 162 163 164 165 179 Next
HaXXspetten
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Sweden15718 Posts
April 19 2012 12:44 GMT
#3241
On April 18 2012 11:44 Redox wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2012 02:14 HaXXspetten wrote:
On April 16 2012 15:38 anmolsinghmzn2009 wrote:
On April 16 2012 11:16 Mobius_1 wrote:
So I downloaded a more complete save because my ME2 was only vanilla and never played ME1 and went back in. The little additional bits with Wrex and Kirrahe that I've encountered up till now really warms me cold heart and the ending fiasco aside, this is just an amazing game and the attention to detail is incredible.

Also, what do Turian females look like? Garrus mentions a sister. Also I assume the Dalatrass is a female Salarian? Also, how ugly must Batarian females be?


Doesn't seem to matter since the males of all other races are chasing after the asari anyways

Can you honestly say you blame them?

Never understood why Asari are supposed to be the hottest thing in the universe.
Blue skin, tentacles instead of hair, hundreds of years old and of uncertain sexuality.
No thanks.

When you put it like that, it definitely sounds like a Japanese thingy.


Then again, that might just be why they're so ******* sexy
Obsidian
Profile Joined June 2010
United States350 Posts
April 19 2012 13:09 GMT
#3242
I think it was more because the Asari are the oldest of the current generation of races. They were the most advanced, and their biological makeup lets them be pretty social as well. Think Psychic pheremons or something.

That their commandos are some of the most powerful warriors in the universe and that almost every member is a biotic makes them a bit mary sue... but whatever.

Know what I'm pissed about though? Other than the ending...

Multiplayer, I still have yet to get a goodamn Carnifex! These boxes, they drive me to drink! Why couldn't we just buy some things specifically!
Luke, you are still a wanker!
Mastermyth
Profile Joined March 2010
Netherlands207 Posts
April 19 2012 20:23 GMT
#3243
On April 19 2012 22:09 Obsidian wrote:
Multiplayer, I still have yet to get a goodamn Carnifex! These boxes, they drive me to drink! Why couldn't we just buy some things specifically!


Lol similar experiences here. No Carnifix, no Paladin, so I have to make do with my Phalanx. Also no Asari Adept or Justicar, but I have almost everyone else + almost maxed out some rare weapons. I got 5x Geth SMG in a row
imJealous
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1382 Posts
April 19 2012 20:43 GMT
#3244
On April 19 2012 22:09 Obsidian wrote: Why couldn't we just buy some things specifically!

Cause that wouldn't be fun =P I would have all the best stuff maxed out already and I wouldn't have been forced to experiment along the way and find fun new things that I didn't expect. Being able to buy medigel, specific ammo, etc to a limited extent would be cool though.
... In life very little goes right. "Right" meaning the way one expected and the way one wanted it. One has no right to want or expect anything.
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
April 19 2012 20:47 GMT
#3245
Don't worry about the paladin. The carnifex is the better weapon. As long as you get some levels into the carnifex and spec headshots, you will be able to 1-shot headshot all unshielded enemies. The paladin does the same, but is rather limited with its 3-round mag and heavier weight.

The asari justicar is a really cool character. Biotic sphere, reave, and assault rifle spec make her a very interesting (and sometimes superior) alternative to asari adepts. The best part is that she's a friggin tank. With reave and biotic sphere active (and I don't even spec the sphere for defense), I can eat 3 shots from a geth prime on gold before losing my shields.
imJealous
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1382 Posts
April 19 2012 22:19 GMT
#3246
On April 20 2012 05:47 xDaunt wrote:
Don't worry about the paladin. The carnifex is the better weapon. As long as you get some levels into the carnifex and spec headshots, you will be able to 1-shot headshot all unshielded enemies. The paladin does the same, but is rather limited with its 3-round mag and heavier weight.

The asari justicar is a really cool character. Biotic sphere, reave, and assault rifle spec make her a very interesting (and sometimes superior) alternative to asari adepts. The best part is that she's a friggin tank. With reave and biotic sphere active (and I don't even spec the sphere for defense), I can eat 3 shots from a geth prime on gold before losing my shields.

Yeah, justicar is very cool! I don't think comparing it to the asari adept is appropriate though, as its roll is much more like the drell adept. Justicar is incredible for setting up detonations with reave, lift, and the warp effect upgrade on the bubble as well as providing damage protection/boost with the bubble. The asari adept is more about controlling high threat enemies with stasis and detonating the combos set up by other adepts. The two really complement one another quite well as a team. The question is less "hmm which asari should we have?" and more "hmm, should we use the double asari combo?"
... In life very little goes right. "Right" meaning the way one expected and the way one wanted it. One has no right to want or expect anything.
GeorgeH
Profile Joined January 2012
United Kingdom190 Posts
April 19 2012 22:41 GMT
#3247
On April 19 2012 22:09 Obsidian wrote:Why couldn't we just buy some things specifically!


It's a terrible system, but then again there are some weapons that are just better than others, I think that's why they decided to do it like that. What annoys me the most are those character training bonuses: I could have a level 20 character with all appearence options unlocked and it would still be given to me... -________-
Whitewing
Profile Joined October 2010
United States7483 Posts
April 19 2012 22:52 GMT
#3248
On April 18 2012 11:44 Redox wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2012 02:14 HaXXspetten wrote:
On April 16 2012 15:38 anmolsinghmzn2009 wrote:
On April 16 2012 11:16 Mobius_1 wrote:
So I downloaded a more complete save because my ME2 was only vanilla and never played ME1 and went back in. The little additional bits with Wrex and Kirrahe that I've encountered up till now really warms me cold heart and the ending fiasco aside, this is just an amazing game and the attention to detail is incredible.

Also, what do Turian females look like? Garrus mentions a sister. Also I assume the Dalatrass is a female Salarian? Also, how ugly must Batarian females be?


Doesn't seem to matter since the males of all other races are chasing after the asari anyways

Can you honestly say you blame them?

Never understood why Asari are supposed to be the hottest thing in the universe.
Blue skin, tentacles instead of hair, hundreds of years old and of uncertain sexuality.
No thanks.


Well, if you pay close attention to the lore and the codex, you can figure out that Asari apparently have some kind of special pheromone or attraction ability that makes everyone, regardless of species, attracted to them. The Ardat Yakshi are so scary specifically because they are really freaking good at using that skill too.
Strategy"You know I fucking hate the way you play, right?" ~SC2John
mastergriggy
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1312 Posts
April 19 2012 22:53 GMT
#3249
On April 19 2012 22:09 Obsidian wrote:
I think it was more because the Asari are the oldest of the current generation of races. They were the most advanced, and their biological makeup lets them be pretty social as well. Think Psychic pheremons or something.

That their commandos are some of the most powerful warriors in the universe and that almost every member is a biotic makes them a bit mary sue... but whatever.

Know what I'm pissed about though? Other than the ending...

Multiplayer, I still have yet to get a goodamn Carnifex! These boxes, they drive me to drink! Why couldn't we just buy some things specifically!


I understand your sentiment (I still don't have that stupid black widow), but at the same time I am kinda happy because it means I have to keep going back and playing more. I've really enjoyed the multiplayer and what Bioware has done with it. My favorite build is actually a Battefield 3 soldier class (I get so much crap playing on gold) double shotting with Widow X via adrenaline rush into carnage. The character is amazing on gold with sniper rail amp level 3 (can double shot ravagers and brutes that are missing one bar for example).
Write your own song!
NeMeSiS3
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Canada2972 Posts
April 20 2012 01:21 GMT
#3250
Any news on the ending other then the new DLC ?
FoTG fighting!
Heinsenzerg
Profile Joined September 2011
Argentina2279 Posts
April 20 2012 04:07 GMT
#3251
has this been posted already? it was a cool read

http://www.gamefront.com/mass-effect-3-ending-hatred-5-reasons-the-fans-are-right/
imJealous
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1382 Posts
April 20 2012 04:47 GMT
#3252
On April 20 2012 07:53 mastergriggy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2012 22:09 Obsidian wrote:
I think it was more because the Asari are the oldest of the current generation of races. They were the most advanced, and their biological makeup lets them be pretty social as well. Think Psychic pheremons or something.

That their commandos are some of the most powerful warriors in the universe and that almost every member is a biotic makes them a bit mary sue... but whatever.

Know what I'm pissed about though? Other than the ending...

Multiplayer, I still have yet to get a goodamn Carnifex! These boxes, they drive me to drink! Why couldn't we just buy some things specifically!


I understand your sentiment (I still don't have that stupid black widow), but at the same time I am kinda happy because it means I have to keep going back and playing more. I've really enjoyed the multiplayer and what Bioware has done with it. My favorite build is actually a Battefield 3 soldier class (I get so much crap playing on gold) double shotting with Widow X via adrenaline rush into carnage. The character is amazing on gold with sniper rail amp level 3 (can double shot ravagers and brutes that are missing one bar for example).

Oooooh now there is something I haven't tried yet... thanks for the idea!
... In life very little goes right. "Right" meaning the way one expected and the way one wanted it. One has no right to want or expect anything.
Lokrium
Profile Joined March 2011
United States131 Posts
April 20 2012 07:27 GMT
#3253
Some friends and I just beat Reaper Gold in 13 minutes, 49 seconds, which we're pretty sure is the best time for a (recorded) speedrun.
+ Show Spoiler [My perspective] +



+ Show Spoiler [Vanguard's perspective] +



Rainbow Cuddles
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States486 Posts
April 20 2012 07:32 GMT
#3254
Just finished it. Not gonna lie it was a lot better than I expected. The ending wasn't too bad but I guess people were expecting a lot more.
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
April 20 2012 07:40 GMT
#3255
On April 20 2012 16:27 Lokrium wrote:
Some friends and I just beat Reaper Gold in 13 minutes, 49 seconds, which we're pretty sure is the best time for a (recorded) speedrun.
+ Show Spoiler [My perspective] +

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgKzCzloeUA

+ Show Spoiler [Vanguard's perspective] +

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMv-9VpdMqc


Don't quite feel like watching 13 minutes of charge/nova spam but grats nonetheless
Moderator
FireSA
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia555 Posts
April 20 2012 08:21 GMT
#3256
On April 20 2012 05:23 Mastermyth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2012 22:09 Obsidian wrote:
Multiplayer, I still have yet to get a goodamn Carnifex! These boxes, they drive me to drink! Why couldn't we just buy some things specifically!


Lol similar experiences here. No Carnifix, no Paladin, so I have to make do with my Phalanx. Also no Asari Adept or Justicar, but I have almost everyone else + almost maxed out some rare weapons. I got 5x Geth SMG in a row



Oh my god this!!!

WHAT THE HELL!!! I am N7 rank 260ish? I think? and have a fair few characters, black widow, and a bunch of okish weapons, asari adept, justicar, krogan vanguard and the like, but in terms of pistols...I have the phalanx V. I mean it is awesome, but OMG I WANT THE DARN CARNI SO MUCH ARE YOU KIDDING ME??

Yeah.

Also am I the only one who loves the mattock? I mean it is pretty bad in Gold, but in Bronze and Silver I can generally come first with any level 1 character if I just run around with the mattock (and there are no level 20 characters running around either).

Also still wanting salarian infiltrator, if I got that I would just play around with that and my black widow for a while. No, not in that way.
Mastermyth
Profile Joined March 2010
Netherlands207 Posts
April 20 2012 10:48 GMT
#3257
I love the Mattock on my Turian Sentinel. With the skills they get you can have Mattock + 200% cast rate, which lets you spam stuff fast enough even with maxed out Tech Armor. 6/5/6/6/3. Kind of an odd build but I'm liking it so far.
procyonlotor
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Italy473 Posts
April 20 2012 11:03 GMT
#3258
On April 20 2012 17:21 FireSA wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2012 05:23 Mastermyth wrote:
On April 19 2012 22:09 Obsidian wrote:
Multiplayer, I still have yet to get a goodamn Carnifex! These boxes, they drive me to drink! Why couldn't we just buy some things specifically!


Lol similar experiences here. No Carnifix, no Paladin, so I have to make do with my Phalanx. Also no Asari Adept or Justicar, but I have almost everyone else + almost maxed out some rare weapons. I got 5x Geth SMG in a row



Oh my god this!!!

WHAT THE HELL!!! I am N7 rank 260ish? I think? and have a fair few characters, black widow, and a bunch of okish weapons, asari adept, justicar, krogan vanguard and the like, but in terms of pistols...I have the phalanx V. I mean it is awesome, but OMG I WANT THE DARN CARNI SO MUCH ARE YOU KIDDING ME??

Yeah.

Also am I the only one who loves the mattock? I mean it is pretty bad in Gold, but in Bronze and Silver I can generally come first with any level 1 character if I just run around with the mattock (and there are no level 20 characters running around either).

Also still wanting salarian infiltrator, if I got that I would just play around with that and my black widow for a while. No, not in that way.


You kidding? The Mattock is probably the best Assault Rifle all around. The Revenant is a beast but you need to have it at X and on a Turian and with the right mods to get it to rip through things reliably.
woody60707
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1863 Posts
April 20 2012 11:18 GMT
#3259
I have that damn harpoon gun up to level X, I don't even have the Korgen Battlemaster yet.
Thezzy
Profile Joined October 2010
Netherlands2117 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-20 12:09:34
April 20 2012 12:09 GMT
#3260
I prefer the Raptor over the Mattock.
More ammo, more RoF and more damage per shot.
It also comes with a low power scope which really helps putting shots down range.
Unscoped it doesn't lose any damage like other sniper rifles so if you get blindsided you can still fire away.

It is a bit heavier than the Mattock but with so much ammo you don't need a pistol or SMG for backup.
That said, I've been playing around with the Viper and it's quite nice as well.
Playing Terran is like flying down a MULE drop in a marine suit, firing a Gauss Rifle
Prev 1 161 162 163 164 165 179 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 6m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 686
UpATreeSC 116
JuggernautJason36
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 18981
firebathero 188
Rush 127
Dewaltoss 97
Sexy 24
Shine 22
Bale 13
yabsab 11
Djem5 1
Dota 2
Gorgc8074
qojqva1404
monkeys_forever105
Counter-Strike
fl0m1561
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1998
crisheroes1151
Liquid`Hasu783
XaKoH 147
MindelVK15
Other Games
Grubby2964
summit1g1966
Beastyqt699
FrodaN677
ceh9634
ArmadaUGS204
byalli199
C9.Mang0159
KnowMe158
Hui .147
QueenE103
Mew2King66
shahzam5
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV236
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream75
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 10
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• intothetv
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 30
• 80smullet 13
• FirePhoenix11
• ZZZeroYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• Nemesis1707
League of Legends
• TFBlade1131
Other Games
• imaqtpie884
• Shiphtur260
• WagamamaTV253
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 6m
Stellar Fest
18h 6m
OSC
1d 3h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 15h
Online Event
1d 16h
FEL
1d 21h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 22h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.