• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:21
CEST 05:21
KST 12:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8895 users

Mass Effect 3 - Page 154

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 152 153 154 155 156 179 Next
RA
Profile Joined October 2008
Latvia791 Posts
April 05 2012 13:54 GMT
#3061
Why are some people calling ME2/3 a FPS game? It's not a FIRST person shooter. It's action, 3rd person shooter then. (3d action/adventure in 90ies classification).
revel8
Profile Joined January 2012
United Kingdom3022 Posts
April 05 2012 14:59 GMT
#3062
On April 05 2012 22:43 nonsequitur wrote:
http://investor.ea.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=662095

Show nested quote +
BioWare Announces Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut

Free* DLC Pack to Provide Additional Cinematic Scenes to the Ending of Mass Effect 3 this Summer


Guess we all knew it was coming.. but still I'm really excited for this, hopefully it doesn't disappoint.


I think it is great news. Hopefully we can get a better resolution to the Series. It also shows that Bioware listened to the consumers, and that is a good thing.
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
April 05 2012 15:04 GMT
#3063
The damage is still done.
For a lot of people, the ME3 ending is the end of the Bioware we used to know.

Gaming compagny never trully recover from things like that. Look at what WoW expansions did to Blizzard reputation.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
abominare
Profile Joined March 2010
United States1216 Posts
April 05 2012 15:07 GMT
#3064
On April 06 2012 00:04 Noocta wrote:
The damage is still done.
For a lot of people, the ME3 ending is the end of the Bioware we used to know.

Gaming compagny never trully recover from things like that. Look at what WoW expansions did to Blizzard reputation.




O_o Not sure if serious. For the record though, only team liquid really vilifies Blizzard, so I guess its serious.

Though, I always though DA2 was the end of bioware as we new it. Then nearly a bajillion people bought ME3, and even with the controversy I'm sure everyone and their mother will keep playing SWTOR and till buy DA3 when it comes out.
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-05 15:28:54
April 05 2012 15:21 GMT
#3065
On April 06 2012 00:07 abominare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2012 00:04 Noocta wrote:
The damage is still done.
For a lot of people, the ME3 ending is the end of the Bioware we used to know.

Gaming compagny never trully recover from things like that. Look at what WoW expansions did to Blizzard reputation.




O_o Not sure if serious. For the record though, only team liquid really vilifies Blizzard, so I guess its serious.

Though, I always though DA2 was the end of bioware as we new it. Then nearly a bajillion people bought ME3, and even with the controversy I'm sure everyone and their mother will keep playing SWTOR and till buy DA3 when it comes out.


Why would I be joking ?
It's not only Teamliquid who have a bad idea of Blizzard now. Pretty much everyone saw a degradation of the compagny work since wow midlife. oO

Something like that definitly plague the reputation of a compagny.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
HaXXspetten
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Sweden15718 Posts
April 05 2012 15:33 GMT
#3066
It's impossible to say exactly what this will mean for the end of the series, but I can't see it getting any worse, so I'm all up for it. Let's hope Bioware can pull there stuff together and give us the closure we're looking for.
Denzil
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom4193 Posts
April 05 2012 15:33 GMT
#3067
On April 06 2012 00:21 Noocta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2012 00:07 abominare wrote:
On April 06 2012 00:04 Noocta wrote:
The damage is still done.
For a lot of people, the ME3 ending is the end of the Bioware we used to know.

Gaming compagny never trully recover from things like that. Look at what WoW expansions did to Blizzard reputation.




O_o Not sure if serious. For the record though, only team liquid really vilifies Blizzard, so I guess its serious.

Though, I always though DA2 was the end of bioware as we new it. Then nearly a bajillion people bought ME3, and even with the controversy I'm sure everyone and their mother will keep playing SWTOR and till buy DA3 when it comes out.


Why would I be joking ?
It's not only Teamliquid who have a bad idea of Blizzard now. Pretty much everyone saw a degradation of the compagny work since wow midlife. oO

Something like that definitly plague the reputation of a compagny.


what are you on about? I have nothing but the utmost respect for Blizzard for doing a fucking good job with every game. Have they fucked up aspects of Starcraft 2? Yes the damn right have, has it still exceeded my expectations? of course, as only a blizzard product could do.
For WoW to manage multi million players is an incredible feat especially on a pay to play basis. Does Blizzard cock up? Yes as all companies do, I still don't doubt they'll deliver a fucking good product though
Anna: So Sen how will you prepare for your revenge v MC? Sen: With a smile.
Szubie
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom294 Posts
April 05 2012 15:34 GMT
#3068
On April 06 2012 00:21 Noocta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2012 00:07 abominare wrote:
On April 06 2012 00:04 Noocta wrote:
The damage is still done.
For a lot of people, the ME3 ending is the end of the Bioware we used to know.

Gaming compagny never trully recover from things like that. Look at what WoW expansions did to Blizzard reputation.




O_o Not sure if serious. For the record though, only team liquid really vilifies Blizzard, so I guess its serious.

Though, I always though DA2 was the end of bioware as we new it. Then nearly a bajillion people bought ME3, and even with the controversy I'm sure everyone and their mother will keep playing SWTOR and till buy DA3 when it comes out.


Why would I be joking ?
It's not only Teamliquid who have a bad idea of Blizzard now. Pretty much everyone saw a degradation of the compagny work since wow midlife. oO

Something like that definitly plague the reputation of a compagny.


Meh, although I personally didn't mind the endings, I accept that many others disliked them. But ME3 as a whole was a great game, claims about the end of Bioware as we know it are way over the top. In my opinion people are being drama queens.
IMMvp, Maru
ApocAlypsE007
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Israel1007 Posts
April 05 2012 17:14 GMT
#3069
Free DLC? o_O
Well Bioware and EA lied about quiet alot in relation to ME3...
If this eventually turns out as announced, this is VERY unexpected, but also very welcome.
I'm playing the game, the one that will take me to my end, i'm waiting for the rain, TO WASH-- WHO I AM!!!
Weebem-Na
Profile Joined May 2010
United States221 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-05 17:45:50
April 05 2012 17:38 GMT
#3070
Just in case anyone here plays some of the ME3 multiplayer and likes fast credits, me and a friend of mine stumbled across a glitch that was pretty fun for a couple nights where you get 45k every 5 minutes or so after you set it up. We did it on the Xbox so I'm not sure if it will work on PC or PS3 versions.

To get the glitch going simply party up and pick your map and enemy type and select Bronze difficulty. Play through to wave 10 and make sure to complete the objective and then everyone suicide and die with the objective complete but wave 10 not yet over (pretty easy to do). Next when you go back to the lobby go to the game settings and bump the difficulty to Gold. You can change your character but you can't mess with any of the other game settings or it won't work. Now remember who the lobby leader is and everyone ready up. When the match begins the leader should be the last one to join. This is the hardest part of the glitch (and it's still really easy). The narrator will start talking, as soon as he starts talking the leader must leave the match. All the other players will go to a load screen, after the loading is done the other players will be placed directly into wave 10 with the objective. The previous leader should be able to rejoin the game without an invite by going to the party screen or whatever. Make sure to finish completing the objective after the leader rejoins the match so everyone gets the 45k. Now everyone suicide again and repeat wave 10 objective until you have all the credits you ever wanted!

EDIT: Because I know I will be attacked by an uber/elitist nerd likely sooner than later for this ("Just play the game the way BioWare intended"), I just want to let you know I've beaten gold with some friends several times before we came across this. Also BioWare decided to charge both real and in-game money to buy packs in the multiplayer store. This is my way of getting back at them for this as I deal with enough economic segregation in my day to day let alone when I'm trying to relax at night by playing some games with friends.
The reaction of boron-11 and plain hydrogen produces all its energy in the form of charged particles which can be directed by a magnetic field, but the reaction is very difficult to sustain and many fusion physicists doubt it will ever prove practical
mastergriggy
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1312 Posts
April 05 2012 18:07 GMT
#3071
On April 06 2012 02:38 Weebem-Na wrote:
Just in case anyone here plays some of the ME3 multiplayer and likes fast credits, me and a friend of mine stumbled across a glitch that was pretty fun for a couple nights where you get 45k every 5 minutes or so after you set it up. We did it on the Xbox so I'm not sure if it will work on PC or PS3 versions.

To get the glitch going simply party up and pick your map and enemy type and select Bronze difficulty. Play through to wave 10 and make sure to complete the objective and then everyone suicide and die with the objective complete but wave 10 not yet over (pretty easy to do). Next when you go back to the lobby go to the game settings and bump the difficulty to Gold. You can change your character but you can't mess with any of the other game settings or it won't work. Now remember who the lobby leader is and everyone ready up. When the match begins the leader should be the last one to join. This is the hardest part of the glitch (and it's still really easy). The narrator will start talking, as soon as he starts talking the leader must leave the match. All the other players will go to a load screen, after the loading is done the other players will be placed directly into wave 10 with the objective. The previous leader should be able to rejoin the game without an invite by going to the party screen or whatever. Make sure to finish completing the objective after the leader rejoins the match so everyone gets the 45k. Now everyone suicide again and repeat wave 10 objective until you have all the credits you ever wanted!

EDIT: Because I know I will be attacked by an uber/elitist nerd likely sooner than later for this ("Just play the game the way BioWare intended"), I just want to let you know I've beaten gold with some friends several times before we came across this. Also BioWare decided to charge both real and in-game money to buy packs in the multiplayer store. This is my way of getting back at them for this as I deal with enough economic segregation in my day to day let alone when I'm trying to relax at night by playing some games with friends.


First, this glitch came about a long time ago. Second, you didn't even explain it right. The enemy has to be against Geth or the glitch doesn't work. The host player always loads in first too, and you just have to quit before the narrator stops talking.
Write your own song!
TheRavensName
Profile Joined August 2011
United States911 Posts
April 05 2012 18:08 GMT
#3072
I gotta be honest, the indoctrination theories make the endings actually good to me. Maybe thats wrong of me to think, but I do enjoy the thought of indoctrinated shepard being manipulated, good plot twist really.
I once breadcrumbed watcher in a game with no watchers in the setup.
radscorpion9
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada2252 Posts
April 05 2012 18:19 GMT
#3073
Aw, I actually enjoyed the first ending. I guess I'll just have to skip this one and pretend nothing happened
Telcontar
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom16710 Posts
April 05 2012 19:06 GMT
#3074
You can't save a car wreck by changing the oil or replacing the tyres. I just can't believe that they're choosing not to see all of the flaws the ending has. It's bewildering. No more purchasing dlcs or any Bioware/EA products for me. Anyhow, if they think something like that is acceptable or defensible, I won't be missing out on anything.
Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta.
CobaltBlu
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States919 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-05 19:13:23
April 05 2012 19:12 GMT
#3075
After DA2 and this stuff BioWare has really damaged its reputation for me and I won't be buying any of these games new anymore. However, I think in the grand scheme of things even if people like me stop buying their games it won't make a big difference in game sales.

It's sad the Mass Effect trilogy had to go out like this but I've already head canond the ending and moved on.
thesideshow
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
930 Posts
April 05 2012 19:20 GMT
#3076
On April 06 2012 02:14 ApocAlypsE007 wrote:
Free DLC? o_O
Well Bioware and EA lied about quiet alot in relation to ME3...
If this eventually turns out as announced, this is VERY unexpected, but also very welcome.


Free*

Outrageous.
OGS:levelchange
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
April 05 2012 19:24 GMT
#3077
On April 06 2012 02:14 ApocAlypsE007 wrote:
Free DLC? o_O
Well Bioware and EA lied about quiet alot in relation to ME3...
If this eventually turns out as announced, this is VERY unexpected, but also very welcome.


It's probably something like 10 or 15min worth of video to show more closure. It would be outragrious to make people pay for something that isn't even gameplay. x)
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
erin[go]bragh
Profile Joined December 2008
United States815 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-05 19:28:05
April 05 2012 19:27 GMT
#3078
On April 05 2012 22:43 nonsequitur wrote:
http://investor.ea.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=662095

Show nested quote +
BioWare Announces Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut

Free* DLC Pack to Provide Additional Cinematic Scenes to the Ending of Mass Effect 3 this Summer


Guess we all knew it was coming.. but still I'm really excited for this, hopefully it doesn't disappoint.


So did anyone catch that? Cinematic scenes?

This isn't changing a damn thing. I guess they'll be providing the closure everyone wanted, but a cinematic won't change the fact that none of your choices mattered or that the ending makes zero sense.

JulyZerg! by.hero, effOrt, KTY.
Orcasgt24
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada3238 Posts
April 05 2012 19:32 GMT
#3079
On April 06 2012 03:07 mastergriggy wrote:
First, this glitch came about a long time ago. Second, you didn't even explain it right. The enemy has to be against Geth or the glitch doesn't work. The host player always loads in first too, and you just have to quit before the narrator stops talking.

And your wrong. Works with cerberus too.
In Hearthstone we pray to RNGesus. When Yogg-Saron hits the field, RNGod gets to work
Iyerbeth
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
England2410 Posts
April 05 2012 19:43 GMT
#3080
On April 06 2012 02:38 Weebem-Na wrote:
Just in case anyone here plays some of the ME3 multiplayer and likes fast credits, me and a friend of mine stumbled across a glitch that was pretty fun for a couple nights where you get 45k every 5 minutes or so after you set it up. We did it on the Xbox so I'm not sure if it will work on PC or PS3 versions.


Be careful, that might get you banned:

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/344/index/9917845/2#10648995


Thomas Abram wrote...

To clarify,

Scylla was
correct and I was correct. Scylla's answer was more broadly based in
that if you modify your SP and it has no game changing effects to
your/others multiplayer experience (say for example, granting you x
amount of credits or making a weapon x times more powerful) then there
is no problem with this. My answer was poorly worded and I apologize for
that - I was aiming to answer a couple questions I had received via PM
(the same two questions from many different users) as well as support
what Scylla said.

As mentioned by Scylla, you will not be banned
for modifying your files *unless (and this is where my intention was)
they give you an unfair advantage in any multiplayer aspect of the
game.

♥ Liquid`Sheth ♥ Liquid`TLO ♥
Prev 1 152 153 154 155 156 179 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft449
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta158
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft481
PiGStarcraft449
RuFF_SC2 189
SpeCial 50
PiLiPiLi 29
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1408
Hyuk 52
Noble 34
Bale 29
Icarus 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm182
Counter-Strike
taco 582
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox738
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor645
Other Games
summit1g9848
Coldzera 817
JimRising 491
C9.Mang0324
Sick83
ViBE67
ArmadaUGS40
Liquid`Ken4
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick751
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream92
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 101
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo717
• Stunt253
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
6h 40m
Online Event
7h 40m
FEL
12h 40m
AI Arena Tournament
13h 40m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
15h 40m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 6h
INu's Battles
1d 8h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
Replay Cast
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.