• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:59
CEST 10:59
KST 17:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6565 users

Shogun: Total War 2 - Page 3

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 26 27 28 Next All
StorkHwaiting
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States3465 Posts
February 19 2011 02:19 GMT
#41
Thank god they're going back to the roots. I was fucking disgusted with all the gunpowder garbage they were putting out. The entire point of Total War was medieval combat. MELEE and arrows. Not fucking muskets and crap. I hate that era of military history. Glad to know a lot of other people felt the same way and CA started crying when their sales went way down. Bastards.

Too bad they don't have the balls to do a Three Kingdoms: Total War, which is long past due. They've already rehashed Europe and the Middle East a million times over, and now they're rehashing Japan too, yet they've completely ignored the Asian mainland which is such an obvious, obvious hole with so much history, different kingdoms, and military units, it's just embarrassing in my opinion. Where is my Three Kingdoms: Total War!? And wth did they pick a fob ass voice to narrate? Romans supposedly speak with an English accent, but I guess Asians get a fob. The racist stereotyping of CA disgusts me for how much they claim to study history and try to get things accurate. Spit in their faces!

User was warned for this post
Barca
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States418 Posts
February 19 2011 02:26 GMT
#42
This game looks hella dope, definitely gonna sack Tokyo fo' days
- I hate threads that end with "Thoughts?" -
Darpa
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada4413 Posts
February 19 2011 02:58 GMT
#43
On February 19 2011 11:19 StorkHwaiting wrote:
Thank god they're going back to the roots. I was fucking disgusted with all the gunpowder garbage they were putting out. The entire point of Total War was medieval combat. MELEE and arrows. Not fucking muskets and crap. I hate that era of military history. Glad to know a lot of other people felt the same way and CA started crying when their sales went way down. Bastards.

Too bad they don't have the balls to do a Three Kingdoms: Total War, which is long past due. They've already rehashed Europe and the Middle East a million times over, and now they're rehashing Japan too, yet they've completely ignored the Asian mainland which is such an obvious, obvious hole with so much history, different kingdoms, and military units, it's just embarrassing in my opinion. Where is my Three Kingdoms: Total War!? And wth did they pick a fob ass voice to narrate? Romans supposedly speak with an English accent, but I guess Asians get a fob. The racist stereotyping of CA disgusts me for how much they claim to study history and try to get things accurate. Spit in their faces!



lol.... that is some serious hate. You should probably relax and enjoy life a little more and worry less about the little things.


On the other hand, I agree three kingdoms would be fucking epic.
"losers always whine about their best, Winners go home and fuck the prom queen"
StorkHwaiting
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States3465 Posts
February 19 2011 03:22 GMT
#44
On February 19 2011 11:58 Darpa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2011 11:19 StorkHwaiting wrote:
Thank god they're going back to the roots. I was fucking disgusted with all the gunpowder garbage they were putting out. The entire point of Total War was medieval combat. MELEE and arrows. Not fucking muskets and crap. I hate that era of military history. Glad to know a lot of other people felt the same way and CA started crying when their sales went way down. Bastards.

Too bad they don't have the balls to do a Three Kingdoms: Total War, which is long past due. They've already rehashed Europe and the Middle East a million times over, and now they're rehashing Japan too, yet they've completely ignored the Asian mainland which is such an obvious, obvious hole with so much history, different kingdoms, and military units, it's just embarrassing in my opinion. Where is my Three Kingdoms: Total War!? And wth did they pick a fob ass voice to narrate? Romans supposedly speak with an English accent, but I guess Asians get a fob. The racist stereotyping of CA disgusts me for how much they claim to study history and try to get things accurate. Spit in their faces!



lol.... that is some serious hate. You should probably relax and enjoy life a little more and worry less about the little things.


On the other hand, I agree three kingdoms would be fucking epic.


Oh the hate is strong within me. It's a love-hate thing though. I love the Total War series. I hate that I've waited so many years and each time I've been slapped in the face with a dumber and dumber game. It was bad enough when they did Empire Total War, but then they followed it up with Napoleon, and I was about ready to puke. I absolutely detest the Colonial period and gunpowder warfare in general.
GGTeMpLaR
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States7226 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-19 04:11:12
February 19 2011 04:00 GMT
#45
On February 19 2011 12:22 StorkHwaiting wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2011 11:58 Darpa wrote:
On February 19 2011 11:19 StorkHwaiting wrote:
Thank god they're going back to the roots. I was fucking disgusted with all the gunpowder garbage they were putting out. The entire point of Total War was medieval combat. MELEE and arrows. Not fucking muskets and crap. I hate that era of military history. Glad to know a lot of other people felt the same way and CA started crying when their sales went way down. Bastards.

Too bad they don't have the balls to do a Three Kingdoms: Total War, which is long past due. They've already rehashed Europe and the Middle East a million times over, and now they're rehashing Japan too, yet they've completely ignored the Asian mainland which is such an obvious, obvious hole with so much history, different kingdoms, and military units, it's just embarrassing in my opinion. Where is my Three Kingdoms: Total War!? And wth did they pick a fob ass voice to narrate? Romans supposedly speak with an English accent, but I guess Asians get a fob. The racist stereotyping of CA disgusts me for how much they claim to study history and try to get things accurate. Spit in their faces!



lol.... that is some serious hate. You should probably relax and enjoy life a little more and worry less about the little things.


On the other hand, I agree three kingdoms would be fucking epic.


Oh the hate is strong within me. It's a love-hate thing though. I love the Total War series. I hate that I've waited so many years and each time I've been slapped in the face with a dumber and dumber game. It was bad enough when they did Empire Total War, but then they followed it up with Napoleon, and I was about ready to puke. I absolutely detest the Colonial period and gunpowder warfare in general.


eh, Empire wasn't too bad

it wasn't anything compared to how good ME2 was, or especially Rome (my first and favorite)

but I didn't even bother trying Napoleon
DannyJ
Profile Joined March 2010
United States5110 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-19 04:58:19
February 19 2011 04:56 GMT
#46
On February 19 2011 11:19 StorkHwaiting wrote:
Thank god they're going back to the roots. I was fucking disgusted with all the gunpowder garbage they were putting out. The entire point of Total War was medieval combat. MELEE and arrows. Not fucking muskets and crap. I hate that era of military history. Glad to know a lot of other people felt the same way and CA started crying when their sales went way down. Bastards.

Too bad they don't have the balls to do a Three Kingdoms: Total War, which is long past due. They've already rehashed Europe and the Middle East a million times over, and now they're rehashing Japan too, yet they've completely ignored the Asian mainland which is such an obvious, obvious hole with so much history, different kingdoms, and military units, it's just embarrassing in my opinion. Where is my Three Kingdoms: Total War!? And wth did they pick a fob ass voice to narrate? Romans supposedly speak with an English accent, but I guess Asians get a fob. The racist stereotyping of CA disgusts me for how much they claim to study history and try to get things accurate. Spit in their faces!


Wow... although i do agree empire stunk. Napoleonic warfare is my favorite time period for warfare historically, but it just didn't make a good game. I didn't hate it that much though...

Anywhoo, from all the videos i've seen it really looks like they took a different approach graphically that i like. It seems more artistic than realistic in alot of ways.

Turenne
Profile Joined January 2011
331 Posts
February 19 2011 14:22 GMT
#47
Looks good, although I'm more interested in mods now, particularly after the shitty Empire game. Anyone here play the LOTR mod for Kingdoms, Third Age?
vyyye
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden3917 Posts
February 19 2011 14:30 GMT
#48
On February 19 2011 13:00 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2011 12:22 StorkHwaiting wrote:
On February 19 2011 11:58 Darpa wrote:
On February 19 2011 11:19 StorkHwaiting wrote:
Thank god they're going back to the roots. I was fucking disgusted with all the gunpowder garbage they were putting out. The entire point of Total War was medieval combat. MELEE and arrows. Not fucking muskets and crap. I hate that era of military history. Glad to know a lot of other people felt the same way and CA started crying when their sales went way down. Bastards.

Too bad they don't have the balls to do a Three Kingdoms: Total War, which is long past due. They've already rehashed Europe and the Middle East a million times over, and now they're rehashing Japan too, yet they've completely ignored the Asian mainland which is such an obvious, obvious hole with so much history, different kingdoms, and military units, it's just embarrassing in my opinion. Where is my Three Kingdoms: Total War!? And wth did they pick a fob ass voice to narrate? Romans supposedly speak with an English accent, but I guess Asians get a fob. The racist stereotyping of CA disgusts me for how much they claim to study history and try to get things accurate. Spit in their faces!



lol.... that is some serious hate. You should probably relax and enjoy life a little more and worry less about the little things.


On the other hand, I agree three kingdoms would be fucking epic.


Oh the hate is strong within me. It's a love-hate thing though. I love the Total War series. I hate that I've waited so many years and each time I've been slapped in the face with a dumber and dumber game. It was bad enough when they did Empire Total War, but then they followed it up with Napoleon, and I was about ready to puke. I absolutely detest the Colonial period and gunpowder warfare in general.


eh, Empire wasn't too bad

it wasn't anything compared to how good ME2 was, or especially Rome (my first and favorite)

but I didn't even bother trying Napoleon

Empire was pure fucking garbage at release. It wasn't the gameplay or the era though, but the bugs and crashes. Once patched it was pretty good, I'll agree. Napoleon is essentially what Empire should have been, really liked it for a while but a game with only five nations that matter and a campaign that scripted.. eh, got tired of it quickly. R:TW>M2:TW>Napoleon>Empire in my opinion, never played S:TW and M:TW though.

Looking forward to Shogun, R:TW which I probably spent most time on feels too outdated for me today, it'll be nice to play with the improved interface of newer total wars and use swords and arrows rather than gunpowder.

March is a good month, GSL with new maps, new Total War, Dragon Age 2... Arghghghg why is it still shitty and cold as hell February?
Lucumo
Profile Joined January 2010
6850 Posts
February 19 2011 14:31 GMT
#49
On February 19 2011 11:19 StorkHwaiting wrote:
Thank god they're going back to the roots. I was fucking disgusted with all the gunpowder garbage they were putting out.

You do know that Shogun: Total War had gunpowder units(2) as well?
Babaganoush
Profile Joined November 2010
United States626 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-19 14:44:15
February 19 2011 14:39 GMT
#50
I'm going to wait on this. My first entry into the Total War series was when I tried out Napoleon: Total War. I hated it. Strategy was nice and all but the AI was so stupid.

"oh hey, the cavalry is charging us from a distance, let's SLOWLY turn around and THEN change to square formations."

Path finding was ridiculous for cavalry too - I would tell my men to charge at a line and they go like 3993384 kilometers north then head for the unit I commanded them to attack.

I hope Shogun improves the AI and such...

Edit: Oh and my favorite

300 units vs 20 of theirs? Auto-resolve time.

What? I lost the battle and all my men died?
Stick a fork in those buns.
shineq
Profile Joined July 2010
United Kingdom1453 Posts
February 19 2011 14:40 GMT
#51
Shogun: Total War was one of the games I loved to play as a child and after I read about Shogun 2, I got totally excited about it. It sounds like it's going to be awesome. I haven't really played any other Total War games and don't know much about them, but I am not a huge fan of the 3D world map setup, it kind of felt more realistic with moving the pawns around the map, that you could actually see that it was set out on a table. No biggie though, I still cannot wait for it to be released and me and my friend are definitely going to check out the multiplayer campaign, sounds great as well. Demo is coming on the 22nd February on Steam, can't wait!
"If you can chill, chill." - Liquid`NonY, "david some do it T>T" - SlayerSBoxeR || Twitter: http://twtter.com/shineqGAMING || http://twitch.tv/shineq
vyyye
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden3917 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-19 15:26:10
February 19 2011 14:44 GMT
#52
On February 19 2011 23:39 Babaganoush wrote:
I'm going to wait on this. My first entry into the Total War series was when I tried out Napoleon: Total War. I hated it. Strategy was nice and all but the AI was so stupid.

"oh hey, the cavalry is charging us from a distance, let's SLOWLY turn around and THEN change to square formations."

Path finding was ridiculous for cavalry too - I would tell my men to charge at a line and they go like 3993384 kilometers north then head for the unit I commanded them to attack.

I hope Shogun improves the AI and such...

According to the PC Gamer hands on it's vastly improved, and Creative Assembly said that the AI has been a priority. As for the latter, they have been saying that every TW game and it has always been shitty until modders made it.. well, made it okay. I'm hoping it'll be good.

But the pathfinding was fine for cav in Napoleon as far as I can remember? It was horrible in M:TW and R:TW but I can't remember having any issues in N:TW, hm, might have been blinded by the fact that I was used to something much shittier.

Also, demo out Feb 22
http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/02/16/shogun-2-demo-out-next-week/
Lann555
Profile Joined February 2010
Netherlands5173 Posts
February 19 2011 17:06 GMT
#53
Appearantly they want the focus to be on 'accessibility'. Every time I heard that word used to describe an upcoming game, it really ment the game would be easy, simplistic and without any depth. I really hope this will the exception to that rule, but I doubt it given how bad Empire and Napoleon were. The other problem is that this game will likely be much harder to mod then Rome and MTW2 which were improved 10x by the modding community.

Also, am I the only one that thinks that Medival: Total War 1 was the best one in the series (at least out of the box). That game seemed to have such incredible depth. Massive tech-trees, many nations with completely different army compostions and tons of diplomatic options...aaahh..good old times
Fantasy Fan! Gogogo vultures
StorkHwaiting
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States3465 Posts
February 20 2011 01:40 GMT
#54
On February 19 2011 23:31 Lucumo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2011 11:19 StorkHwaiting wrote:
Thank god they're going back to the roots. I was fucking disgusted with all the gunpowder garbage they were putting out.

You do know that Shogun: Total War had gunpowder units(2) as well?


Don't speak rubbish. Those were only good for giving xp to my warrior monks. I wasn't forced to use them in my armies at all. Their only purpose was to be there so I could cut them down and take satisfaction in killing filthy, dishonorable gun-wielding mongrel cowards.
snow2.0
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany2073 Posts
February 20 2011 02:41 GMT
#55
yay, it looks like battles finally look like battle again.

i was disgusted by Empire and Medieval 2s awkward shuffling of 90% of the units, watching about 5 units / formation actually fight.
puppykiller
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States3137 Posts
February 20 2011 02:45 GMT
#56
its hard to like other rts's then sc as you always fell like their is nothing to click on but it is really fun to conquer the map in total war games
Why would I play sctoo when I can play BW?
purecarnagge
Profile Joined August 2010
719 Posts
February 20 2011 03:02 GMT
#57
Napolean was terrible, empire was better but rome total war and m2 is the best.
hiawatha
Profile Joined December 2010
United States120 Posts
February 20 2011 03:11 GMT
#58
I actually liked Empire. I thought it was a fun new take on the old RTW/MTW formula. By extension I didn't think Napoleon was that bad, either. Super excited for STW2 though
Lucumo
Profile Joined January 2010
6850 Posts
February 20 2011 03:52 GMT
#59
On February 20 2011 10:40 StorkHwaiting wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2011 23:31 Lucumo wrote:
On February 19 2011 11:19 StorkHwaiting wrote:
Thank god they're going back to the roots. I was fucking disgusted with all the gunpowder garbage they were putting out.

You do know that Shogun: Total War had gunpowder units(2) as well?


Don't speak rubbish. Those were only good for giving xp to my warrior monks. I wasn't forced to use them in my armies at all. Their only purpose was to be there so I could cut them down and take satisfaction in killing filthy, dishonorable gun-wielding mongrel cowards.

Doesn't change the fact that they were included as well.

I just hope the game will be good. The map is a big letdown, reminds me of Civilization. I'm with shineq in that regard.
bITt.mAN
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Switzerland3700 Posts
February 20 2011 04:15 GMT
#60
Oh man, my Dad + Shogun Total War (the original stupid) is madness, utter madness. Talk about beaten the game on expert with every clan (even Oda), in full Japanese (he's white, so am I).

I hope it doesn't become too cartoony and western (english-only) that it doesn't appeal to him ^^
BW4LYF . . . . . . PM me, I LOVE PMs. . . . . . Long live "NaDa's Body" . . . . . . Fantasy | Bisu/Best | Jaedong . . . . .
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 26 27 28 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 1m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 783
actioN 681
BeSt 289
Killer 195
Mong 162
Dewaltoss 108
sorry 59
sSak 41
ZergMaN 36
Aegong 31
[ Show more ]
Bale 29
NotJumperer 23
yabsab 14
Noble 10
Counter-Strike
byalli673
Other Games
summit1g9641
olofmeister1021
Happy339
Sick199
crisheroes180
KnowMe106
Pyrionflax96
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick740
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos900
• Stunt438
Other Games
• WagamamaTV111
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1h 1m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2h 1m
Monday Night Weeklies
7h 1m
Replay Cast
14h 1m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 1h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 2h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 15h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.