• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:35
CEST 21:35
KST 04:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9161 users

Shogun: Total War 2 - Page 4

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 26 27 28 Next All
StorkHwaiting
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States3465 Posts
February 20 2011 05:38 GMT
#61
On February 19 2011 11:19 StorkHwaiting wrote:
Thank god they're going back to the roots. I was fucking disgusted with all the gunpowder garbage they were putting out. The entire point of Total War was medieval combat. MELEE and arrows. Not fucking muskets and crap. I hate that era of military history. Glad to know a lot of other people felt the same way and CA started crying when their sales went way down. Bastards.

Too bad they don't have the balls to do a Three Kingdoms: Total War, which is long past due. They've already rehashed Europe and the Middle East a million times over, and now they're rehashing Japan too, yet they've completely ignored the Asian mainland which is such an obvious, obvious hole with so much history, different kingdoms, and military units, it's just embarrassing in my opinion. Where is my Three Kingdoms: Total War!? And wth did they pick a fob ass voice to narrate? Romans supposedly speak with an English accent, but I guess Asians get a fob. The racist stereotyping of CA disgusts me for how much they claim to study history and try to get things accurate. Spit in their faces!

User was warned for this post


I really don't understand why in the hell I was warned for this post concerning ad hominem attacks. What exactly is ad hominem about my opinion of Creative Assembly? And what was the debate? There was no civility lost in the debate seeing as there was no debate to be had. I'm merely stating my opinion of CA's recent forays into gunpowder warfare. At no point in time did I insult another member of TL. Sorry but it's kind of ridiculous to warn me for flaming when I'm talking about a game company. As a purchaser of their games, I have a right to complain when I think they've gone in a wrong direction, much like other TL members have used harsh invectives towards certain Blizzard decisions. It's completely different from flaming another member of TL and using ad hominem attacks on them for the sake of debate.
Hidden_MotiveS
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada2562 Posts
February 20 2011 06:03 GMT
#62
Why do I watch these videos for games I'll never play?!
URfavHO
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States514 Posts
February 22 2011 19:19 GMT
#63
THREE MORE WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pardon the caps, but I'm just too excited. I've been preparing for this game with a new GPU and additional RAM. I can't wait ^^
jtype
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
England2167 Posts
February 22 2011 19:32 GMT
#64
On February 20 2011 15:03 Hidden_MotiveS wrote:
Why do I watch these videos for games I'll never play?!


And then post in their relative threads about doing so?
Sm3agol
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2055 Posts
February 22 2011 19:41 GMT
#65
On February 20 2011 14:38 StorkHwaiting wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2011 11:19 StorkHwaiting wrote:
Thank god they're going back to the roots. I was fucking disgusted with all the gunpowder garbage they were putting out. The entire point of Total War was medieval combat. MELEE and arrows. Not fucking muskets and crap. I hate that era of military history. Glad to know a lot of other people felt the same way and CA started crying when their sales went way down. Bastards.

Too bad they don't have the balls to do a Three Kingdoms: Total War, which is long past due. They've already rehashed Europe and the Middle East a million times over, and now they're rehashing Japan too, yet they've completely ignored the Asian mainland which is such an obvious, obvious hole with so much history, different kingdoms, and military units, it's just embarrassing in my opinion. Where is my Three Kingdoms: Total War!? And wth did they pick a fob ass voice to narrate? Romans supposedly speak with an English accent, but I guess Asians get a fob. The racist stereotyping of CA disgusts me for how much they claim to study history and try to get things accurate. Spit in their faces!

User was warned for this post


I really don't understand why in the hell I was warned for this post concerning ad hominem attacks. What exactly is ad hominem about my opinion of Creative Assembly? And what was the debate? There was no civility lost in the debate seeing as there was no debate to be had. I'm merely stating my opinion of CA's recent forays into gunpowder warfare. At no point in time did I insult another member of TL. Sorry but it's kind of ridiculous to warn me for flaming when I'm talking about a game company. As a purchaser of their games, I have a right to complain when I think they've gone in a wrong direction, much like other TL members have used harsh invectives towards certain Blizzard decisions. It's completely different from flaming another member of TL and using ad hominem attacks on them for the sake of debate.


If your post wasn't inflammatory flaming, then I don't know what is. And guess what? The video game playing world is the west for the most part, not mainland Asia. So get off your high horse and quit your moaning. It wouldn't sell well, end of story. You're right, there is no debate. You're just inflammatory AND wrong. I'm an avid history buff, and even I don't know that much about the period/area your talking about. I certainly would not be pumped for a TW game based on that.
NukeTheBunnys
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1004 Posts
February 22 2011 19:46 GMT
#66
There is a free demo out on steam, im DLing it now to get a taste. I wish I could afford it when it comes out, but im prob gonna wait 6 months till its on sale for steam.
When you play the game of drones you win or you die.
jtype
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
England2167 Posts
February 22 2011 21:40 GMT
#67
Still waiting for my demo download to finish. 5 more minutes! Can't wait to see how this game plays.
krazymunky
Profile Joined June 2008
United States727 Posts
February 22 2011 21:50 GMT
#68
On February 23 2011 04:46 NukeTheBunnys wrote:
There is a free demo out on steam, im DLing it now to get a taste. I wish I could afford it when it comes out, but im prob gonna wait 6 months till its on sale for steam.


great im at work and cant remotely access my pc at home to start the download
how big is the demo?
life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery
andrewlt
Profile Joined August 2009
United States7702 Posts
February 22 2011 21:51 GMT
#69
On February 20 2011 02:06 Lann555 wrote:
Appearantly they want the focus to be on 'accessibility'. Every time I heard that word used to describe an upcoming game, it really ment the game would be easy, simplistic and without any depth. I really hope this will the exception to that rule, but I doubt it given how bad Empire and Napoleon were. The other problem is that this game will likely be much harder to mod then Rome and MTW2 which were improved 10x by the modding community.

Also, am I the only one that thinks that Medival: Total War 1 was the best one in the series (at least out of the box). That game seemed to have such incredible depth. Massive tech-trees, many nations with completely different army compostions and tons of diplomatic options...aaahh..good old times



Same for me. I believe the first two games to be the best in the series. M:TW 1 had the most varied unit rosters that were actually significantly different from each other without all the fantasy units that started in Rome.

S:TW 1 had the most depth out of any game in the series. It's where high ground, rain, fog, bridges, forests and all sorts of other terrain and weather features made a difference.
jtype
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
England2167 Posts
February 22 2011 21:52 GMT
#70
On February 23 2011 06:50 krazymunky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 23 2011 04:46 NukeTheBunnys wrote:
There is a free demo out on steam, im DLing it now to get a taste. I wish I could afford it when it comes out, but im prob gonna wait 6 months till its on sale for steam.


great im at work and cant remotely access my pc at home to start the download
how big is the demo?


Just over 6 GBs
tyr
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France1686 Posts
February 22 2011 22:00 GMT
#71
So has anyone tried it yet ?
How does it feel ? ^^
"I'm always reminded of how manly Jaedong is every time I see him." -Bisu
KaiserJohan
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden1808 Posts
February 22 2011 22:08 GMT
#72
The demo is huge, downloading atm.

Personally I hate the shogun-theme, the whole samurai-culture is just silly to me... I am more of the sort who likes tons of gunpowder, luckily I will get them when I ally with europeeans.
England will fight to the last American
Disregard
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
China10252 Posts
February 22 2011 22:36 GMT
#73
Finished the demo download, now CA has released a patch about 400MB. I noticed I couldnt even load the demo past the copyright splash screen.
"If I had to take a drug in order to be free, I'm screwed. Freedom exists in the mind, otherwise it doesn't exist."
Disregard
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
China10252 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-22 23:24:55
February 22 2011 23:13 GMT
#74
A brief tutorial campaign and historical battles is available in the demo. Im on the campaign map right now, havent played out a battle yet, though I noticed theres more text details. Some values for units such as range, reload skill and ammo are shown, as opposed to having to look it up in the text files. Town statistics are more detailed too.

I have never played Empires or Napoleon(Shogun, Rome, M/M2) so not sure if they implemented anything from there.

Have to nitpick on the OP video, it wouldve been better in Japanese as opposed to English. ;/

edit: The campaign map is very limited in terms of any real functionality beyond basics. You're also limited to only 3 battles... The diplomacy system is similar just some minor changes while the family tree has a commission feature, where you can assign generals or family members job positions, such as a general, supply officer and etc. Each commission has their own stat upgrades.
"If I had to take a drug in order to be free, I'm screwed. Freedom exists in the mind, otherwise it doesn't exist."
optical630
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom768 Posts
February 22 2011 23:25 GMT
#75
beauty of total war games is theyre all good, so pick an era you like rome or medival and boom enjoy

however this demo is a piece of shit, laggy and graphic wise is terrible compared ot what we've seen in battle reports etc

however it is just that, a demo, i hope creative assembly keep their good standards and release a Great game as always

the AI on units seems alot smarter and fluid to control so thats a nice improvement
Disregard
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
China10252 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-23 00:32:36
February 22 2011 23:35 GMT
#76
Like all TW games, it requires a lot of patching. I havent tried the game on high since my 4770 cant handle it, but on medium with no AA or AF everything is pretty ugly and jaggy.

edit: I love how smooth the unit movement and attacks are.
"If I had to take a drug in order to be free, I'm screwed. Freedom exists in the mind, otherwise it doesn't exist."
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
February 22 2011 23:44 GMT
#77
Is a demo really worth 6 gigs? I mean, do I really have to to know if this game is good or not?
StorkHwaiting
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States3465 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-23 00:11:07
February 23 2011 00:04 GMT
#78
On February 23 2011 04:41 Sm3agol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2011 14:38 StorkHwaiting wrote:
On February 19 2011 11:19 StorkHwaiting wrote:
Thank god they're going back to the roots. I was fucking disgusted with all the gunpowder garbage they were putting out. The entire point of Total War was medieval combat. MELEE and arrows. Not fucking muskets and crap. I hate that era of military history. Glad to know a lot of other people felt the same way and CA started crying when their sales went way down. Bastards.

Too bad they don't have the balls to do a Three Kingdoms: Total War, which is long past due. They've already rehashed Europe and the Middle East a million times over, and now they're rehashing Japan too, yet they've completely ignored the Asian mainland which is such an obvious, obvious hole with so much history, different kingdoms, and military units, it's just embarrassing in my opinion. Where is my Three Kingdoms: Total War!? And wth did they pick a fob ass voice to narrate? Romans supposedly speak with an English accent, but I guess Asians get a fob. The racist stereotyping of CA disgusts me for how much they claim to study history and try to get things accurate. Spit in their faces!

User was warned for this post


I really don't understand why in the hell I was warned for this post concerning ad hominem attacks. What exactly is ad hominem about my opinion of Creative Assembly? And what was the debate? There was no civility lost in the debate seeing as there was no debate to be had. I'm merely stating my opinion of CA's recent forays into gunpowder warfare. At no point in time did I insult another member of TL. Sorry but it's kind of ridiculous to warn me for flaming when I'm talking about a game company. As a purchaser of their games, I have a right to complain when I think they've gone in a wrong direction, much like other TL members have used harsh invectives towards certain Blizzard decisions. It's completely different from flaming another member of TL and using ad hominem attacks on them for the sake of debate.


If your post wasn't inflammatory flaming, then I don't know what is. And guess what? The video game playing world is the west for the most part, not mainland Asia. So get off your high horse and quit your moaning. It wouldn't sell well, end of story. You're right, there is no debate. You're just inflammatory AND wrong. I'm an avid history buff, and even I don't know that much about the period/area your talking about. I certainly would not be pumped for a TW game based on that.


If your post isn't inflammatory flaming, then I don't know what is. And guess what? You're on a SC site, a video game which is dominated by S. Korea, which happens to be in... guess where? Mainland Asia! So get off your high horse and quit your moaning. You don't know shit about what would sell, end of story. You're right, there is no debate. You're just ignorant AND wrong. You don't know anything about history, if you don't even know about the entire ancient period of Asia (which constituted over half the population of the ancient world). I certainly would not be pumped to read another post about Asian history based on your absolute ignorance of the subject.
Taku
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada2036 Posts
February 23 2011 01:09 GMT
#79
On February 23 2011 04:41 Sm3agol wrote:


If your post wasn't inflammatory flaming, then I don't know what is. And guess what? The video game playing world is the west for the most part, not mainland Asia. So get off your high horse and quit your moaning. It wouldn't sell well, end of story. You're right, there is no debate. You're just inflammatory AND wrong. I'm an avid history buff, and even I don't know that much about the period/area your talking about. I certainly would not be pumped for a TW game based on that.

You have no clue how well Three-kingdoms era stuff sells in East Asia do you, and not just in China either.

Either way, I hope everyone remembers to wait until the first major patch or two has gone out before playing this to save a bunch of heartache, since the devs are true to form it seems xD
When SC2 came for BW, I cried. Now LoL/Dota2 comes for SC2, and I laugh. \o/
ToT)OjKa(
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Korea (South)2437 Posts
February 23 2011 01:27 GMT
#80
man this demo battle is hard...I'm gonna have to do the tutorial in case I'm missing how not to get your army fucked and then have to fight a million more men
OjKa OjKa OjKa!
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 26 27 28 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 1593
RotterdaM962
TaKeTV 387
IndyStarCraft 209
SteadfastSC163
ZombieGrub103
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1593
RotterdaM 962
IndyStarCraft 209
SteadfastSC 163
RuFF_SC2 154
MaxPax 138
ZombieGrub103
UpATreeSC 71
MindelVK 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2756
Shuttle 526
Dewaltoss 107
910 71
Mind 61
Bale 16
Counter-Strike
fl0m4279
pashabiceps1649
Fnx 681
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4594
Liquid`Hasu599
Other Games
Beastyqt768
mouzStarbuck428
ToD183
C9.Mang0156
shahzam110
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV221
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream25
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 175
• Reevou 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 17
• Eskiya23 17
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade329
Other Games
• imaqtpie884
• Shiphtur343
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 26m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 26m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
15h 26m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Patches Events
1d 20h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.