• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:36
CEST 14:36
KST 21:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8018 users

[1.1] Team Liquid Minecraft Server - Page 85

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 83 84 85 86 87 211 Next
If you intentionally disrupt this server your actions will be reported to TL staff and action may be taken against your forum account.
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
January 02 2011 01:24 GMT
#1681
On January 02 2011 10:19 Mystor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2011 10:17 Serejai wrote:
On January 02 2011 10:09 Mystor wrote:
On October 04 2010 08:36 Serejai wrote:
(Experiencing a lot of crash issues stemming from minecraft.net 504 errors when validating users. Dunno an ETA yet... those are on Notch's end and I can't fix them, and they also seem to have corrupted the world as well, so I'm working on that now.

Darn...
The world is corrupted :s.
I hope that doesn't mean I have to start from scratch.. ohwell I didn't get too much done.


Yeah... I spent close to 200 hours working on it. If I have to render a new map I'm going to cry so hard.

Go figure, the first time I've had map corruption in four months happens due to an error on Notch's login server and half an hour before my world makes a backup...

Will update OP when I figure something out.

You didn't keep a backup of the server ?

I expected you to have kept a backup of the world file... if you have to regen that would suck, at least let some of us help you rebuild the spawn area...


I have a backup, but it's an older one. I had a script running to do a backup every 6 hours, and the server got corrupted at about 5 hours and 45 minutes in. Most servers only backup once a day, and that's how mine was for the last four months, too. I figured four times a day was pretty good... guess not.
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
Glull
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Germany404 Posts
January 02 2011 01:24 GMT
#1682
On January 02 2011 10:09 Ursad0n wrote:
I tried to read that article gull but it made no sense, is this method any good:
I dig straight down in a 3x3 grid until I hit bedrock then I branch mine. lol is that good?

I hit a cave in mine, searched it, found like 10 diamond then i kept going down lol


fastest safe way down (and up again) is a 2x2 staircase instead of a 3x3 stripmine - and the best diamond results are gotten if you go up 10 layers from bedrock because there is less lava. the way you branch mine matters a lot aswell, this is the most efficient pattern:
http://i.imgur.com/Gh8B9.png
No_Roo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States905 Posts
January 02 2011 01:37 GMT
#1683
On January 02 2011 10:24 Glull wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2011 10:09 Ursad0n wrote:
I tried to read that article gull but it made no sense, is this method any good:
I dig straight down in a 3x3 grid until I hit bedrock then I branch mine. lol is that good?

I hit a cave in mine, searched it, found like 10 diamond then i kept going down lol


fastest safe way down (and up again) is a 2x2 staircase instead of a 3x3 stripmine - and the best diamond results are gotten if you go up 10 layers from bedrock because there is less lava. the way you branch mine matters a lot aswell, this is the most efficient pattern:
http://i.imgur.com/Gh8B9.png


Diamond strip mining: incredibly bm. 2x2 staircases every 20 meters are about as much of an eyesore as 1x1x128 pillars spread out everywhere.
(US) NoRoo.fighting
Mystor
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada60 Posts
January 02 2011 01:37 GMT
#1684
On January 02 2011 10:24 Serejai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2011 10:19 Mystor wrote:
On January 02 2011 10:17 Serejai wrote:
On January 02 2011 10:09 Mystor wrote:
On October 04 2010 08:36 Serejai wrote:
(Experiencing a lot of crash issues stemming from minecraft.net 504 errors when validating users. Dunno an ETA yet... those are on Notch's end and I can't fix them, and they also seem to have corrupted the world as well, so I'm working on that now.

Darn...
The world is corrupted :s.
I hope that doesn't mean I have to start from scratch.. ohwell I didn't get too much done.


Yeah... I spent close to 200 hours working on it. If I have to render a new map I'm going to cry so hard.

Go figure, the first time I've had map corruption in four months happens due to an error on Notch's login server and half an hour before my world makes a backup...

Will update OP when I figure something out.

You didn't keep a backup of the server ?

I expected you to have kept a backup of the world file... if you have to regen that would suck, at least let some of us help you rebuild the spawn area...


I have a backup, but it's an older one. I had a script running to do a backup every 6 hours, and the server got corrupted at about 5 hours and 45 minutes in. Most servers only backup once a day, and that's how mine was for the last four months, too. I figured four times a day was pretty good... guess not.

well, in that case you at least don't have to regenerate the map, everyone just has to start from scratch...
No_Roo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States905 Posts
January 02 2011 01:42 GMT
#1685
On January 02 2011 10:37 Mystor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2011 10:24 Serejai wrote:
On January 02 2011 10:19 Mystor wrote:
On January 02 2011 10:17 Serejai wrote:
On January 02 2011 10:09 Mystor wrote:
On October 04 2010 08:36 Serejai wrote:
(Experiencing a lot of crash issues stemming from minecraft.net 504 errors when validating users. Dunno an ETA yet... those are on Notch's end and I can't fix them, and they also seem to have corrupted the world as well, so I'm working on that now.

Darn...
The world is corrupted :s.
I hope that doesn't mean I have to start from scratch.. ohwell I didn't get too much done.


Yeah... I spent close to 200 hours working on it. If I have to render a new map I'm going to cry so hard.

Go figure, the first time I've had map corruption in four months happens due to an error on Notch's login server and half an hour before my world makes a backup...

Will update OP when I figure something out.

You didn't keep a backup of the server ?

I expected you to have kept a backup of the world file... if you have to regen that would suck, at least let some of us help you rebuild the spawn area...


I have a backup, but it's an older one. I had a script running to do a backup every 6 hours, and the server got corrupted at about 5 hours and 45 minutes in. Most servers only backup once a day, and that's how mine was for the last four months, too. I figured four times a day was pretty good... guess not.

well, in that case you at least don't have to regenerate the map, everyone just has to start from scratch...


I think his concern at this point is, starting from scratch won't prevent this from just immediately happening again. Although tbh it seems really odd that 504's from notches login server would cause map corruption.. I'm a little skeptical that it would, seems like it might be two different issues.
(US) NoRoo.fighting
Ursad0n
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States523 Posts
January 02 2011 01:42 GMT
#1686
do ladders not make it as safe? I guess that's true people always fall down my mineshafts. and that picture is on 2 layers between the 10th and 16 layer above the first bedrock correct???

and is obsidian just for looks and explosion proof besides making portals to the netherworlds?
You make it sound like there's a correlation between what should happen and what actually happens. I mean, life is chaotic and it's often unfair. I know it is for me.
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
January 02 2011 01:43 GMT
#1687
Ok, I loaded a backup to see where it was.

Got another 504 error from minecraft.net, hung the server, and corrupted the backup too.

So... I'm trying to download the world and manually fix the corruption areas, but it's gonna take a while.
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
Mystor
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada60 Posts
January 02 2011 01:46 GMT
#1688
On January 02 2011 10:43 Serejai wrote:
Ok, I loaded a backup to see where it was.

Got another 504 error from minecraft.net, hung the server, and corrupted the backup too.

So... I'm trying to download the world and manually fix the corruption areas, but it's gonna take a while.

Darn, I am going to try another server to see if notch's problems are effecting other peeps too.
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
January 02 2011 01:46 GMT
#1689
On January 02 2011 10:42 No_Roo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2011 10:37 Mystor wrote:
On January 02 2011 10:24 Serejai wrote:
On January 02 2011 10:19 Mystor wrote:
On January 02 2011 10:17 Serejai wrote:
On January 02 2011 10:09 Mystor wrote:
On October 04 2010 08:36 Serejai wrote:
(Experiencing a lot of crash issues stemming from minecraft.net 504 errors when validating users. Dunno an ETA yet... those are on Notch's end and I can't fix them, and they also seem to have corrupted the world as well, so I'm working on that now.

Darn...
The world is corrupted :s.
I hope that doesn't mean I have to start from scratch.. ohwell I didn't get too much done.


Yeah... I spent close to 200 hours working on it. If I have to render a new map I'm going to cry so hard.

Go figure, the first time I've had map corruption in four months happens due to an error on Notch's login server and half an hour before my world makes a backup...

Will update OP when I figure something out.

You didn't keep a backup of the server ?

I expected you to have kept a backup of the world file... if you have to regen that would suck, at least let some of us help you rebuild the spawn area...


I have a backup, but it's an older one. I had a script running to do a backup every 6 hours, and the server got corrupted at about 5 hours and 45 minutes in. Most servers only backup once a day, and that's how mine was for the last four months, too. I figured four times a day was pretty good... guess not.

well, in that case you at least don't have to regenerate the map, everyone just has to start from scratch...


I think his concern at this point is, starting from scratch won't prevent this from just immediately happening again. Although tbh it seems really odd that 504's from notches login server would cause map corruption.. I'm a little skeptical that it would, seems like it might be two different issues.


It's a known, albeit uncommon issue apparently. I have no idea why, but it seems to happen since beta... or since Notch updated his website. One or the other. Point being, it's happened to quite a few servers it seems.
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
Mystor
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada60 Posts
January 02 2011 01:48 GMT
#1690
On January 02 2011 10:46 Serejai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2011 10:42 No_Roo wrote:
On January 02 2011 10:37 Mystor wrote:
On January 02 2011 10:24 Serejai wrote:
On January 02 2011 10:19 Mystor wrote:
On January 02 2011 10:17 Serejai wrote:
On January 02 2011 10:09 Mystor wrote:
On October 04 2010 08:36 Serejai wrote:
(Experiencing a lot of crash issues stemming from minecraft.net 504 errors when validating users. Dunno an ETA yet... those are on Notch's end and I can't fix them, and they also seem to have corrupted the world as well, so I'm working on that now.

Darn...
The world is corrupted :s.
I hope that doesn't mean I have to start from scratch.. ohwell I didn't get too much done.


Yeah... I spent close to 200 hours working on it. If I have to render a new map I'm going to cry so hard.

Go figure, the first time I've had map corruption in four months happens due to an error on Notch's login server and half an hour before my world makes a backup...

Will update OP when I figure something out.

You didn't keep a backup of the server ?

I expected you to have kept a backup of the world file... if you have to regen that would suck, at least let some of us help you rebuild the spawn area...


I have a backup, but it's an older one. I had a script running to do a backup every 6 hours, and the server got corrupted at about 5 hours and 45 minutes in. Most servers only backup once a day, and that's how mine was for the last four months, too. I figured four times a day was pretty good... guess not.

well, in that case you at least don't have to regenerate the map, everyone just has to start from scratch...


I think his concern at this point is, starting from scratch won't prevent this from just immediately happening again. Although tbh it seems really odd that 504's from notches login server would cause map corruption.. I'm a little skeptical that it would, seems like it might be two different issues.


It's a known, albeit uncommon issue apparently. I have no idea why, but it seems to happen since beta... or since Notch updated his website. One or the other. Point being, it's happened to quite a few servers it seems.

Darn... well I wish you the best of luck with getting it back up again!
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
January 02 2011 01:59 GMT
#1691
AngryHan, could you please log into IRC for a moment? If you do not have a client you can use webchat.quakenet.org, channel is #tlminecraft
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
Melancholia
Profile Joined March 2010
United States717 Posts
January 02 2011 02:29 GMT
#1692
[Day9]So, what did we learn Serejai? What did we learn?[/Day9]
Tenshik
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
124 Posts
January 02 2011 02:45 GMT
#1693
On January 02 2011 11:29 Melancholia wrote:
[Day9]So, what did we learn Serejai? What did we learn?[/Day9]

What's this about?
TheRealHH
Profile Joined December 2010
United States106 Posts
January 02 2011 04:07 GMT
#1694
I was enjoying the server so much too I had mild lag but it wasn't horrible or unplayable when I left. They were JUST getting ready to restart it when I had to go. Oh well, guess its back to checkin the thread for updates every 15 mins lol. Good luck!
ItsFunToLose
Profile Joined December 2010
United States776 Posts
January 02 2011 04:38 GMT
#1695
On January 02 2011 13:07 TheRealHH wrote:
I was enjoying the server so much too I had mild lag but it wasn't horrible or unplayable when I left. They were JUST getting ready to restart it when I had to go. Oh well, guess its back to checkin the thread for updates every 15 mins lol. Good luck!



server is up and working smoothly. I am currently on. (and making my obligatory 10 posts. apparently 5+ years of lurking doesn't count.)
"skillshots are inherently out of your control whether they hit or not" -PrinceXizor
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
January 02 2011 06:20 GMT
#1696
Server offline for a bit to do some minor maintenance and add a few features that I didn't get to today.
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
January 02 2011 06:25 GMT
#1697
On January 02 2011 15:20 Serejai wrote:
Server offline for a bit to do some minor maintenance and add a few features that I didn't get to today.


thanks so much for your (and the other server mods') work
Writer
Ursad0n
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States523 Posts
January 02 2011 06:26 GMT
#1698
Can't wait till it's back up, I have made preparations for my big move, and have acquired 55 obsidian along with a small amount of Diamonds and Gold, and like 50 Iron hahaha. We need ppl on the teamspeak tomorrow though
You make it sound like there's a correlation between what should happen and what actually happens. I mean, life is chaotic and it's often unfair. I know it is for me.
snake520
Profile Joined December 2010
27 Posts
January 02 2011 08:16 GMT
#1699
Sorry if this was mentioned before but I couldn't find info on it. Will the /sethome command be enabled?
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
January 02 2011 08:23 GMT
#1700
On January 02 2011 17:16 snake520 wrote:
Sorry if this was mentioned before but I couldn't find info on it. Will the /sethome command be enabled?


it works fine for me... maybe you have to be a "liquid-ized" member?
Writer
Prev 1 83 84 85 86 87 211 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
Zoun vs herOLIVE!
SHIN vs TBD
IntoTheiNu 1315
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 238
Rex 87
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 56705
Calm 3770
Shuttle 3367
Bisu 1450
FanTaSy 1335
firebathero 392
Stork 287
Mini 264
Hyuk 248
Soma 244
[ Show more ]
Zeus 243
Rush 226
EffOrt 213
actioN 194
Soulkey 169
Last 154
Light 142
ZerO 130
Snow 103
Dewaltoss 73
Sea.KH 65
Mong 63
Pusan 60
PianO 55
Killer 52
Barracks 46
JYJ 44
hero 43
Shinee 36
Free 35
NotJumperer 34
ToSsGirL 31
Bale 27
Aegong 26
Shine 26
Yoon 26
Sharp 23
sorry 20
yabsab 19
Sacsri 16
HiyA 16
Noble 14
Hyun 12
Icarus 3
Dota 2
Gorgc6679
Dendi539
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1306
kRYSTAL_326
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King84
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko381
Other Games
gofns34502
singsing2029
B2W.Neo688
crisheroes265
hiko210
DeMusliM197
Livibee123
byalli90
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV208
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream18
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 36
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
24m
OSC
9h 39m
Replay Cast
10h 24m
OSC
1d 10h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 21h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.