• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:33
CEST 00:33
KST 07:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8122 users

[1.1] Team Liquid Minecraft Server - Page 72

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 70 71 72 73 74 211 Next
If you intentionally disrupt this server your actions will be reported to TL staff and action may be taken against your forum account.
Torenhire
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States11681 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-14 20:48:37
December 14 2010 20:47 GMT
#1421
Wait what. My browser is being retarded. User may also be retardified.

Poll: Should Serejai whitelist people who don't read the OP (fully)

No, if you can't read the "PM" part you probably can't read the "rules" part (41)
 
85%

Yes, let Serejai have mercy (7)
 
15%

48 total votes

Your vote: Should Serejai whitelist people who don't read the OP (fully)

(Vote): No, if you can't read the "PM" part you probably can't read the "rules" part
(Vote): Yes, let Serejai have mercy



It annoys the heck out of me when people don't bother reading the OP where it says in all of its glory.

PLEASE PM ME

Good god people, come on!
SirJolt: Well maybe if you weren't so big and stupid, it wouldn't have hit you.
MisterD
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Germany1338 Posts
December 14 2010 21:03 GMT
#1422
there are probably enough people who just pm because a friend told them to do so, they didn't read the op either so this is a pretty stupid question.
Gold isn't everything in life... you need wood, too!
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
December 14 2010 21:09 GMT
#1423
It's kinda... yeah.

On one hand, people that don't PM me clearly didn't read the OP well enough and most likely didn't read the rules or anything. On the other hand, a lot of people just PM me because their friends tell them to and don't read the OP, either.

It's a losing battle, I'm afraid

That being said, I don't add people who post in the thread anyways unless they realize their mistake and PM me later ~_~
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
SwiftSpear
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada355 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-14 23:43:15
December 14 2010 23:39 GMT
#1424
I was linked to the thread and told "Ask for whitelist access". My post asking for whitelist access came before I read the OP. I immediately after read the OP and realized my friend was an idiot, but meh. Mistakes like that happen. Not everyone comes to this thread by stumbling onto it on their own. Actually, it's probably rare for it to work that way.

[edit] the map is super awesome. The wall I started to work on is highly visible from space! I wasn't aware the border areas are exactly circular, that's pretty cool.
kelstar
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada35 Posts
December 15 2010 10:25 GMT
#1425
Oops thx
Crush404
Profile Joined November 2010
United States27 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-15 10:43:02
December 15 2010 10:38 GMT
#1426
I'd like to invite everyone to Hidden Canyon Resort. Rooms are free to whomever wishes to stay. Right now we have 2 rooms open on the 2nd floor of our larger building, as well as 5 cabins available in our "resort" area. Every room comes furnished with you're normal chests/furnace/workbench, as well as a large community crafting area which will be stocked full of materials for all to use. yay.
We're located on the far east side of the map.

[image loading]
[image loading]
snpnx
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany454 Posts
December 15 2010 15:55 GMT
#1427
I got a little question, the OP is saying that 'flint and steel' is banned from the server, can I still make it and use it to make a portal?
I saw a portal to the nether before, and the OP also doesn't contain the ban on Portals anymore, so I wonder if I am allowed to?
"Language is Freeware, in that it's free to use, but it's not Open Source, so you can't just change things how you like."
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
December 15 2010 17:22 GMT
#1428
On December 16 2010 00:55 snpnx wrote:
I got a little question, the OP is saying that 'flint and steel' is banned from the server, can I still make it and use it to make a portal?
I saw a portal to the nether before, and the OP also doesn't contain the ban on Portals anymore, so I wonder if I am allowed to?


I'm pretty sure portals don't work in multiplayer :/?
Writer
snpnx
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany454 Posts
December 15 2010 17:46 GMT
#1429
On December 16 2010 02:22 ]343[ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 16 2010 00:55 snpnx wrote:
I got a little question, the OP is saying that 'flint and steel' is banned from the server, can I still make it and use it to make a portal?
I saw a portal to the nether before, and the OP also doesn't contain the ban on Portals anymore, so I wonder if I am allowed to?


I'm pretty sure portals don't work in multiplayer :/?

Yeah, just to clear it up:

They don't work, and you're not allowed to make a banned item in order to create a portal.
Even though I have seen portals on the server, someone broke the rules!!! :D
"Language is Freeware, in that it's free to use, but it's not Open Source, so you can't just change things how you like."
SouthRawrea
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada608 Posts
December 15 2010 21:16 GMT
#1430
Mod make portals. Stop nitpicking.
QuanticHawk
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States32159 Posts
December 15 2010 21:22 GMT
#1431
Hey, a bit of a cross post here but I play enough on the server so whatevz. I installed the new biome terrain mod yesterday and was dicking around. All the sudden, the cpu usage for java shot up over 600,000. This now happens on biomemod maps, normal maps, this server, any servers...

since some of you are smart here, perhaps you know of a fix?? The FPS is incredibly low now even with fast graphics and lowest view distance. I've never had a problem with any of that before.
PROFESSIONAL GAMER - SEND ME OFFERS TO JOIN YOUR TEAM - USA USA USA
SwiftSpear
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada355 Posts
December 15 2010 21:37 GMT
#1432
On December 16 2010 06:22 Hawk wrote:
Hey, a bit of a cross post here but I play enough on the server so whatevz. I installed the new biome terrain mod yesterday and was dicking around. All the sudden, the cpu usage for java shot up over 600,000. This now happens on biomemod maps, normal maps, this server, any servers...

since some of you are smart here, perhaps you know of a fix?? The FPS is incredibly low now even with fast graphics and lowest view distance. I've never had a problem with any of that before.

600,000 is not a valid percent. Do you mean memory useage? Memory usage will increase when you have more crap in a condensed area.
QuanticHawk
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States32159 Posts
December 15 2010 21:41 GMT
#1433
Sorry. To over, so yeah, 600k+ in memory usage when i alt-cntl-del to see what was up. It wasn't any particularly crazy map with giant faux caves or anything, and the problem persisted no matter what I did.

PROFESSIONAL GAMER - SEND ME OFFERS TO JOIN YOUR TEAM - USA USA USA
Archas
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6531 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-16 00:52:11
December 15 2010 22:38 GMT
#1434
Hey, guys. I've wanted to play Minecraft for a while, and I'm finally gonna get the chance to do so for Christmas. Once Serejai sets up the beta server, I'll definitely be coming along for the ride. I'm looking forward to hanging out with you guys there. =D

Prolly a bit ahead of myself here, but judging from the sandbox games I've played in the past, resource collecting is most likely gonna be my thing. Once I've established myself a bit, I'll try and see what I can do to harvest and lend out materials for those who need them; being a Good Samaritan is always nice, especially if I can personally help people from TL with big projects and such. I've never actually played Minecraft before (barring the gimped Classic version), but I know all the basics (and most of the advanced stuff, I think) from watching people like SeaNanners educate the unenlightened on YouTube, so I'll hopefully not be a burden and go all noobtastic on you all.

I guess you could say I'd be the prison bitch of the server, fetching supplies and shit. Just a heads up for when I actually start my slave labor. =O
The room is ripe with the stench of bitches!
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-15 23:01:03
December 15 2010 22:58 GMT
#1435
On December 16 2010 06:41 Hawk wrote:
Sorry. To over, so yeah, 600k+ in memory usage when i alt-cntl-del to see what was up. It wasn't any particularly crazy map with giant faux caves or anything, and the problem persisted no matter what I did.



600k is nothing for Minecraft. I use between 3-5 million easy on my server. Although if it wasn't using that much for you before, then there's something wrong. Are you sure it hasn't always been like that? I mean, 600k is only about 614mb of RAM. Minecraft needs a minimum of 512 to really run, so perhaps your lag/fps issues are caused by your memory usage being too LOW, and not too high.

I'm not entirely sure, though. If you want you can PM me a screenshot of your task manager + your game's built in debug menu (the one that shows FPS and all that stuff).

EDIT: I somehow overlooked the part where you said it happens on servers and not just locally. Have you tried deleting your C:\Users\%username\AppData\roaming\.minecraft folder and re-downloading the game client? You'll lose your single player save files and stuff, so back them up first. But it sounds like somehow your client got corrupted or something.
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
SwiftSpear
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada355 Posts
December 16 2010 04:41 GMT
#1436
On December 16 2010 07:38 Aeres wrote:
Hey, guys. I've wanted to play Minecraft for a while, and I'm finally gonna get the chance to do so for Christmas. Once Serejai sets up the beta server, I'll definitely be coming along for the ride. I'm looking forward to hanging out with you guys there. =D

Prolly a bit ahead of myself here, but judging from the sandbox games I've played in the past, resource collecting is most likely gonna be my thing. Once I've established myself a bit, I'll try and see what I can do to harvest and lend out materials for those who need them; being a Good Samaritan is always nice, especially if I can personally help people from TL with big projects and such. I've never actually played Minecraft before (barring the gimped Classic version), but I know all the basics (and most of the advanced stuff, I think) from watching people like SeaNanners educate the unenlightened on YouTube, so I'll hopefully not be a burden and go all noobtastic on you all.

I guess you could say I'd be the prison bitch of the server, fetching supplies and shit. Just a heads up for when I actually start my slave labor. =O

Hey, welcome. It's a good idea to play with http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Minecraft_Wiki open in the background so you can look up crafting recipes and get tips where to find and how to use certain resources until you're familiar with the basics. Don't worry, it's not cheating, Minecraft is about the experience of exploring procedurally generated worlds and building amazing superstructures, not about discovering rare crafting stuff, there really isn't any rare crafting content.
erkicman
Profile Joined October 2010
United States206 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-16 05:18:12
December 16 2010 05:14 GMT
#1437
On December 14 2010 01:21 57 Corvette wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2010 13:09 SouthRawrea wrote:
Scott Pilgrim was completed today thanks to Olebole and Bran .

+ Show Spoiler +
Painterly Pack Pilgrim

[image loading]


Normal Textures Pilgrim

[image loading]



Hey, i see my Terran Command Center in the left bottom corner of that.


Yeah, I kinda egged him on to do that...

On December 16 2010 13:41 SwiftSpear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 16 2010 07:38 Aeres wrote:
Hey, guys. I've wanted to play Minecraft for a while, and I'm finally gonna get the chance to do so for Christmas. Once Serejai sets up the beta server, I'll definitely be coming along for the ride. I'm looking forward to hanging out with you guys there. =D

Prolly a bit ahead of myself here, but judging from the sandbox games I've played in the past, resource collecting is most likely gonna be my thing. Once I've established myself a bit, I'll try and see what I can do to harvest and lend out materials for those who need them; being a Good Samaritan is always nice, especially if I can personally help people from TL with big projects and such. I've never actually played Minecraft before (barring the gimped Classic version), but I know all the basics (and most of the advanced stuff, I think) from watching people like SeaNanners educate the unenlightened on YouTube, so I'll hopefully not be a burden and go all noobtastic on you all.

I guess you could say I'd be the prison bitch of the server, fetching supplies and shit. Just a heads up for when I actually start my slave labor. =O

Hey, welcome. It's a good idea to play with http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Minecraft_Wiki open in the background so you can look up crafting recipes and get tips where to find and how to use certain resources until you're familiar with the basics. Don't worry, it's not cheating, Minecraft is about the experience of exploring procedurally generated worlds and building amazing superstructures, not about discovering rare crafting stuff, there really isn't any rare crafting content.


Actually, when I was done with what I wanted to accomplish, I went the route of just hollowing out the ground under my building and maintaining a tree farm to give resources to other people. I found it a satisfying way to encourage other people to build cool stuff. Just that nobody really asked me for that much stuff but...
SwiftSpear
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada355 Posts
December 16 2010 08:34 GMT
#1438
When the new map comes up on the new server I intend on building sets of superwalls to deliniate certain land marks. Like, having some massive super cool wall at the point where, if you go beyond this wall you can now take health damage, or "beyond this wall is the impassible boarder land"

I've started a prototype along the northernmost boarder on the current server if anyone wants to take a look, but knowing that the map will be reset soon I think I'm just going to leave it as a prototype for now and do something similar but new for the next map.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Profile Joined December 2010
Denmark697 Posts
December 16 2010 09:19 GMT
#1439
Contest

To celebrate the awesomeness that is the echoing caves, and to have something to remember them, I have decided to start a competition for the best screenshot of the caves as they are before the reset.

All pictured should be sent as PM to me, include a description of what is shown on the picture.

The winner will have his screenshot included in all posts about the caves that hopefullly will be made on the new map AND I will personally award him an ingame price later on.

So send your screenshots - deadline is the 20th december.
Go try StarBow on the Arcade. TL thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=440661
snpnx
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany454 Posts
December 16 2010 10:39 GMT
#1440
On December 16 2010 06:16 SouthRawrea wrote:
Mod make portals. Stop nitpicking.

That was no nitpicking, I just posted an update, if someone had the same question O_o?
"Language is Freeware, in that it's free to use, but it's not Open Source, so you can't just change things how you like."
Prev 1 70 71 72 73 74 211 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 27m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 181
Nina 121
SteadfastSC 66
CosmosSc2 23
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 456
910 59
Bale 12
League of Legends
Doublelift778
Super Smash Bros
PPMD66
Other Games
summit1g8947
Grubby2851
shahzam540
C9.Mang0233
PiGStarcraft221
Maynarde30
Liquid`Ken12
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream42
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 107
• musti20045 48
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21253
Other Games
• imaqtpie937
• Shiphtur297
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
27m
Afreeca Starleague
11h 27m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
12h 27m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 1h
Patches Events
1d 17h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.