• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:36
CEST 08:36
KST 15:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8431 users

[1.1] Team Liquid Minecraft Server - Page 70

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 68 69 70 71 72 211 Next
If you intentionally disrupt this server your actions will be reported to TL staff and action may be taken against your forum account.
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
December 11 2010 16:47 GMT
#1381
Just want you guys to know there will be a lot of major changes with the release of beta. More than likely the server will be offline for a bit, and come back up on January 1st (this is due to needing time to update some stuff, and also since it's the holidays I'll be a bit busy).
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
SouthRawrea
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada608 Posts
December 11 2010 19:28 GMT
#1382
Beta http://notch.tumblr.com/post/2175441966/minecraft-beta-december-20-2010#disqus_thread
Dec 20. I'm going to rush to finish Scott Pilgrim. Take a screenshot and be happy
FortuneSyn
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
1826 Posts
December 11 2010 20:22 GMT
#1383
will singleplayer save files be unusable for beta?
SwiftSpear
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada355 Posts
December 11 2010 21:30 GMT
#1384
On December 12 2010 05:22 FortuneSyn wrote:
will singleplayer save files be unusable for beta?

I doubt it, but that may change during beta. I haven't heard about any major plans for modifications of single player for the beta release, but certainly there are major plans for it during the beta lifecycle.
Nem0
Profile Joined October 2010
United States134 Posts
December 11 2010 22:12 GMT
#1385
On December 12 2010 04:28 SouthRawrea wrote: I'm going to rush to finish Scott Pilgrim. Take a screenshot and be happy


What where???

Is the server gonna reset with the start of beta, or can we keep the current world
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
December 11 2010 22:23 GMT
#1386
On December 12 2010 07:12 Nem0 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2010 04:28 SouthRawrea wrote: I'm going to rush to finish Scott Pilgrim. Take a screenshot and be happy


What where???

Is the server gonna reset with the start of beta, or can we keep the current world


Reset, however my new hardware allows for me to keep the current server running as well and I may be able to add cross-server chat so people can finish up their stuff on the current server without feeling isolated... though I believe there will be a fair amount of people finishing up work on the current server.

The next planned reset is retail, though keep in mind patches may cause resets in between (such as the Boo Update and server hardware upgrades did - beta was the only planned reset).

The reason for the reset is additional features being implemented, which hopefully includes health (but depends whether or not Notch fixes it this week). There are also fixes to the durability bug and duping/hacking, which means the value of items like diamond and iron are going to skyrocket (even moreso if health and armor are implemented). Needless to say, that's all rather pointless without a fresh start.

I will be releasing more info in the coming days (just bought a giant cork board to post all my stuff on, and will be having a mod meeting in a few days) but some quick tidbits:

Minecarts and whatnot will be enabled from the get go (pending any issues with the beta patch), which means transportation will be vastly easier this time around. And since transportation is easier, I feel the map should be larger. Probably somewhere in the area of 5-10x the size of the current map to start out with.

I'm also hoping to enable lava and tnt, but no promises yet.

Still planning some things I can't mention yet, but basically you can consider this server in beta at the moment, and consider it gold when it comes back up following the path. Or maybe diamond?
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
h3r1n6
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Iceland2039 Posts
December 12 2010 01:12 GMT
#1387
Hmm, health. Byebye TL Minecraft :D
SwiftSpear
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada355 Posts
December 12 2010 01:35 GMT
#1388
I'd kind of prefer not playing with health and item durability until there are significantly more blocks and commodities added to the game. Iron and diamond are nice materials to be able to just put up somewhere in a structure without having to worry about someone breaking them down to steal them.

Mining is fun right now, just going nuts with diamond gear, it's gonna be a chore again when I have to go down with hundreds of stone tools

Echo caves would just be unrealistic to recreate.
xZiGGY
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom801 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-12 05:07:35
December 12 2010 05:07 GMT
#1389
scratch that i take it back [nuk#d] xDD
Meh.
erkicman
Profile Joined October 2010
United States206 Posts
December 12 2010 05:31 GMT
#1390
Well whoops. Decided to start a new project, let's see how far I can get before the reset. I consider this a training run, and I already know I made it one block too low in elevation. But:

[image loading]

woodzykiler
Profile Joined December 2010
United States66 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-02 04:07:20
December 12 2010 09:13 GMT
#1391
removed
ZeritoN
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom14 Posts
December 12 2010 10:30 GMT
#1392

I PM'd for an invite but no response
SwiftSpear
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada355 Posts
December 12 2010 11:15 GMT
#1393
On December 12 2010 18:13 woodzykiler wrote:
i can do every thing in game, move, pickup, drop.
this is the only game i play that gives me an issue.
i have 5 outher online game that done give me an issue.

its saying that i have lost connection
7-20 sec and in droped.
hard wired in, onbored 2010 biostar

EDIT: well i dont really play them any more now that i have minecraft XD

Decribe this a little more, do you lag out?

What kind of internet system are you on? It sounds like it could be a router port that needs to be forwarded or something.

Online communication isn't a simple process, and all games don't use the same system. What works in one game has no credence to what will or will not work in another game. It's kind of unlikely that it's your PC net card in my opinion.
Psiven
Profile Joined May 2010
United States148 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-12 13:07:25
December 12 2010 13:06 GMT
#1394
I'd have to say I'm not looking forward to health / fixed durability, but I'm all for trying something new. On the other hand, I don't see how transportation will be easier if the price of iron skyrockets. Minecarts and minecart tracks are not cheap by any means, and I can't imagine a useful rail network on a map five times the size of current.

My only request is that we get an updated map of this world before it gets wiped
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
December 12 2010 16:22 GMT
#1395
On December 12 2010 18:13 woodzykiler wrote:
i can do every thing in game, move, pickup, drop.
this is the only game i play that gives me an issue.
i have 5 outher online game that done give me an issue.

its saying that i have lost connection
7-20 sec and in droped.
hard wired in, onbored 2010 biostar

EDIT: well i dont really play them any more now that i have minecraft XD


I'm still looking into this, but not finding much. It's really hard to troubleshoot Minecraft issues like this that are so generic. As the above poster said, I'd try to make sure it's not your router. If possible, can you hardwire your computer directly into the modem?

You could also try http://www.formspring.me/MojangSupport or emailing Notch. I'll keep looking, though.

On December 12 2010 19:30 ZeritoN wrote:

I PM'd for an invite but no response


You've been added for about three days now. I don't really have the time to PM everyone who joins... generally people just try logging in, or ask me on IRC if they're unsure. Sorry for the confusion.

On December 12 2010 22:06 Psiven wrote:
I'd have to say I'm not looking forward to health / fixed durability, but I'm all for trying something new. On the other hand, I don't see how transportation will be easier if the price of iron skyrockets. Minecarts and minecart tracks are not cheap by any means, and I can't imagine a useful rail network on a map five times the size of current.

My only request is that we get an updated map of this world before it gets wiped


Will get a map up for sure. As for Minecarts, I think it will work out great. Sure, it's going to take some time... but what else are you going to use iron for? People will be digging like crazy for cobble and diamond, so iron will be a large biproduct of that. I'd say within about a week we will have most of the major hubs set up and functional. It all depends on how many people are playing, though. As you know, the majority of people stopped playing after the Boo Update introduced bugs like block respawning.

Now that Notch has gotten all of that stuff taken care of, the game runs great so I'd expect people to start coming back.

As for health, I have a solution for people who don't want it. It's not perfect, but it may work well enough to ease them into health at some point.
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
Onioncookie
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany624 Posts
December 12 2010 16:28 GMT
#1396
I maybe gonna get minecraft ...

But are they monsters in Multiplayer yet`? Or is it just "building and crafting" :D?
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
December 12 2010 16:33 GMT
#1397
On December 13 2010 01:28 Onioncookie wrote:
I maybe gonna get minecraft ...

But are they monsters in Multiplayer yet`? Or is it just "building and crafting" :D?


There will be monsters in a few weeks, hopefully. They work, but are extremely buggy right now so it depends on whether or not they get fixed in this upcoming patch.
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
Onioncookie
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany624 Posts
December 12 2010 16:37 GMT
#1398
On December 13 2010 01:33 Serejai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2010 01:28 Onioncookie wrote:
I maybe gonna get minecraft ...

But are they monsters in Multiplayer yet`? Or is it just "building and crafting" :D?


There will be monsters in a few weeks, hopefully. They work, but are extremely buggy right now so it depends on whether or not they get fixed in this upcoming patch.



So right know u guys only build stuff? :D thats exciting but i think half as exciting as it could be hehe
MisterD
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Germany1338 Posts
December 12 2010 16:46 GMT
#1399
On December 12 2010 19:30 ZeritoN wrote:

I PM'd for an invite but no response

you don't get a response i guess, just log in, you should be added if you sent a pm.
Gold isn't everything in life... you need wood, too!
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Profile Joined December 2010
Denmark697 Posts
December 12 2010 21:12 GMT
#1400
Id have to say - I'm not too happy about tool durability being fixed...

For obvious reasons.
Go try StarBow on the Arcade. TL thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=440661
Prev 1 68 69 70 71 72 211 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 253
ProTech127
Nina 113
StarCraft: Brood War
Mong 185
Dewaltoss 132
Bale 35
sSak 32
ZergMaN 21
NotJumperer 11
Noble 11
Icarus 7
League of Legends
JimRising 652
Other Games
summit1g10849
Sick200
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick793
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream42
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush1237
• Lourlo1110
• Stunt622
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 24m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4h 24m
Monday Night Weeklies
9h 24m
Replay Cast
16h 24m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 4h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 17h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.