• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:18
CEST 08:18
KST 15:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8683 users

[1.1] Team Liquid Minecraft Server - Page 169

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 167 168 169 170 171 211 Next
If you intentionally disrupt this server your actions will be reported to TL staff and action may be taken against your forum account.
Melancholia
Profile Joined March 2010
United States717 Posts
November 18 2011 06:45 GMT
#3361
When you mention transit hubs I'm assuming that you're talking about gravel roads and the like, correct? Assuming that's the case, who wants to help me with a world-spanning transit system? I only managed about 30,000 blocks of rail on my last server, and that just ain't enough.
Melancholia
Profile Joined March 2010
United States717 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-18 08:16:06
November 18 2011 08:04 GMT
#3362
To be honest, the map seems like too much of a boon. It would be neat (though probably impossible) to not have it show a player's location unless they were within a certain distance, or unless you had already run into that player before.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Profile Joined December 2010
Denmark697 Posts
November 18 2011 11:34 GMT
#3363
Sup dudes. I have been waiting for this server to go live again ever since it was shut down and this time there will be no hesitation.
I WILL remake the echoing caves
I WILL finish them this time
I WILL start gathering helpers starting from... well now

Sign up if you want to be part of this awesome project from day one.
It will include:
Planning the site for the caves.
Digging the starting site.
Digging.
Digging.
Digging.
more digging.
Creating the floor
Building whatever awesome we want on the bottom.

See you online

[image loading]
Go try StarBow on the Arcade. TL thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=440661
Jaso
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2147 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-18 12:45:09
November 18 2011 12:38 GMT
#3364
It's back? NOWAIII

edit: above project was so epic...
also, how does the name system work? By IP?
derp
Archas
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6531 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-18 14:15:33
November 18 2011 14:13 GMT
#3365
On November 18 2011 15:45 Melancholia wrote:
When you mention transit hubs I'm assuming that you're talking about gravel roads and the like, correct? Assuming that's the case, who wants to help me with a world-spanning transit system? I only managed about 30,000 blocks of rail on my last server, and that just ain't enough.

No need, bro: the transit hubs involve automatic train stations. Serejai and I have been laying track all night (mostly Serejai), and this was only for a single town-to-city rail system. Our goal is to have all towns interconnect with one of the two cities.

There's also a special kind of transit that might see use in the colder biomes... but no guarantees yet.
The room is ripe with the stench of bitches!
Xaeryn
Profile Joined September 2010
186 Posts
November 18 2011 14:14 GMT
#3366
On November 18 2011 20:34 Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
Sup dudes. I have been waiting for this server to go live again ever since it was shut down and this time there will be no hesitation.
I WILL remake the echoing caves
I WILL finish them this time
I WILL start gathering helpers starting from... well now

Sign up if you want to be part of this awesome project from day one.
It will include:
Planning the site for the caves.
Digging the starting site.
Digging.
Digging.
Digging.
more digging.
Creating the floor
Building whatever awesome we want on the bottom.

See you online


I will gladly help you dig out the caverns if we can remake the fortress we built on the pvp server while it was still up
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
November 18 2011 15:11 GMT
#3367
On November 18 2011 15:45 Melancholia wrote:
When you mention transit hubs I'm assuming that you're talking about gravel roads and the like, correct? Assuming that's the case, who wants to help me with a world-spanning transit system? I only managed about 30,000 blocks of rail on my last server, and that just ain't enough.


No gravel roads. The only pre-built transit systems are train lines. Each town is connected to one of the two cities, and each city is connected to each other. So, you could go from the SE wilderness to the nearest town, take a five minute ride from there to a city, then hop onto another line and take a five minute ride to the other city, then a third five minute ride to another town, and now you're in the NW part of the map. Even still, you'll have to walk a good 5-15 minutes to get to most areas of the map.

It's mostly there for some added convenience in the first week of the server where people want to spread out a bit. The way monsters work is that they get progressively more difficult in certain areas, so most of the early building will be closer to towns (as that's where the "easier" mobs will spawn). There will probably be a few temporary mining towns that players end up building together (just some huts and lights) to build up items the first few days, then set out into more challenging territory to make their real structures. Of course, that's optional and you're more than welcome to make your structures in the easier areas closer to town.

You guys are free to make your own roads and rail systems, towns, cities, etc. We will be constantly evolving the neutral areas as well so the world feels more dynamic (for example, a new chunk of land may pop up with a new small town). It's honestly a tad hard to explain a lot of this without explaining how the server will function, which I don't want to do just yet. Needless to say there's a reason for everything and if you have any confusion it should go away shortly.

On November 18 2011 17:04 Melancholia wrote:
To be honest, the map seems like too much of a boon. It would be neat (though probably impossible) to not have it show a player's location unless they were within a certain distance, or unless you had already run into that player before.


Anything is possible. Whether or not we have the time to do it is another matter entirely. I'm not entirely sure how I want the map to function yet. I will most likely throw it up sometime this weekend and let people watch it for a bit as we finish up some work. Then people can chime in with their opinions on the current implementation and we'll go from there.

I will say that the server is not focused around PvP (pretty sure I mentioned this earlier) and so the main world will not be PvP-enabled (though considering a way for you to slaughter people if you feel like it... more on this later). However, there will be a dedicated PvP area with some reasons for people (even those who don't want to PvP) to go there. Some mini-games, some world events, and some timed events as of now. The map for this area will NOT show players.

On November 18 2011 21:38 Jaso wrote:
It's back? NOWAIII

edit: above project was so epic...
also, how does the name system work? By IP?


Basically, anyone is free to log on to the server. However, in order to have build rights you need to authenticate yourself. This sends you a confirmation code on TL which in turns ties your Minecraft ID to your TL ID. The entire process is automated and shouldn't take more than a minute or two.

It's simply an automated combination of a whilelist + accountability; two things I had to manually handle on the old server, which honestly was a complete pain in the ass.
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
Archas
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6531 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-18 15:38:32
November 18 2011 15:37 GMT
#3368
Don't forget, everyone! On Saturday at 2:00 PM EST, there will be a Q-and-A session on our IRC channel. We'll be responding to questions, suggestions, concerns, and other various conversational doohickeys from you guys; we might even open a part of the server up for preview. Stay tuned.
The room is ripe with the stench of bitches!
CJ_Soviet
Profile Joined January 2011
United States37 Posts
November 18 2011 17:57 GMT
#3369
Everything is sounding awesome. Can't wait to play on the new server!
Melancholia
Profile Joined March 2010
United States717 Posts
November 18 2011 19:27 GMT
#3370
I shall need to miss the Q&A sadly. I'm glad to hear about the monsters varying in difficulty, that's a nice touch. The rail lines are fair enough as well I suppose. It'd be quite cool to implement a toll system for use though. That'd make the first trip rather reminiscent of Morrowind, where you could pay the small fee to take the Silt Strider like everyone is telling you, or you can just run off through the wilderness and probably get slaughtered after running into a thousand and a half really cool things.
DrMedic
Profile Joined March 2010
United States37 Posts
November 18 2011 19:27 GMT
#3371
OH man is this the long awaited resurrection of the tl server?
lolwut
Archas
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6531 Posts
November 18 2011 19:57 GMT
#3372
On November 19 2011 04:27 Melancholia wrote:
I shall need to miss the Q&A sadly. I'm glad to hear about the monsters varying in difficulty, that's a nice touch. The rail lines are fair enough as well I suppose. It'd be quite cool to implement a toll system for use though. That'd make the first trip rather reminiscent of Morrowind, where you could pay the small fee to take the Silt Strider like everyone is telling you, or you can just run off through the wilderness and probably get slaughtered after running into a thousand and a half really cool things.

Oh my god, when I first played Morrowind, I had no idea the Silt Strider in Seyda Neen existed, so I walked around for about a day of play time before I figured out where I was supposed to go. Good times.

But yeah, I have a feeling there will most likely be a toll of some sort to gain access to the trains or other forms of transport. For all of the huge benefits of train travel (safety from mobs, increased speed, no need to press keys, no depletion of hunger, etc.), there should be some means of balancing those boons out with a cost to travel.

On November 19 2011 04:27 DrMedic wrote:
OH man is this the long awaited resurrection of the tl server?

[image loading]
The room is ripe with the stench of bitches!
URfavHO
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States514 Posts
November 18 2011 21:19 GMT
#3373
I am excited... Can't wait to build rails everywhere. Zaphod, we should build near each other again.
Melancholia
Profile Joined March 2010
United States717 Posts
November 18 2011 22:22 GMT
#3374
Oh wow, I only just noticed that the trains are probably not simply minecarts. Definitely looking forward to seeing how they function.
Kooha
Profile Joined February 2011
United States25 Posts
November 18 2011 22:37 GMT
#3375
On November 19 2011 06:19 tryclops wrote:
I am excited... Can't wait to build rails everywhere. Zaphod, we should build near each other again.


I agree, that way we can rebuild our awesome Maleg road system.
Kooha
Franium
Profile Joined November 2011
7 Posts
November 18 2011 23:50 GMT
#3376
Whats to prevent your million miles of track from getting owned by Endermen?
Archas
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6531 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-19 00:00:30
November 18 2011 23:56 GMT
#3377
On November 19 2011 08:50 Franium wrote:
Whats to prevent your million miles of track from getting owned by Endermen?

Endermen can't pick up tracks anymore. They haven't been able to since 1.8 beta, so it's a non-issue. They can't pick up fences either, so they're not any more of a problem than zombies would be. I think the only issue would be looking them in the eyes as you ride by, then they teleport onto you and screw up the trains. We'll need to address that possibility, but Endermen will not be able to sabotage the tracks via their block manipulation abilities.

EDIT: I've just been informed that Endermen will not teleport to a player riding in a minecart, so that second issue I presented is a moot point. Travel via trains will be 100% safe from Endermen.
The room is ripe with the stench of bitches!
corey72723
Profile Joined October 2010
United States10 Posts
November 19 2011 00:16 GMT
#3378
On November 18 2011 20:34 Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
Sup dudes. I have been waiting for this server to go live again ever since it was shut down and this time there will be no hesitation.
I WILL remake the echoing caves
I WILL finish them this time
I WILL start gathering helpers starting from... well now

Sign up if you want to be part of this awesome project from day one.
It will include:
Planning the site for the caves.
Digging the starting site.
Digging.
Digging.
Digging.
more digging.
Creating the floor
Building whatever awesome we want on the bottom.

See you online

[image loading]


Wow. I remember going into that area alot..
I'm still amazed..



I remember helping you dig it out some too.
Chuiu
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
3470 Posts
November 19 2011 03:32 GMT
#3379
On November 19 2011 08:56 Aeres wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 19 2011 08:50 Franium wrote:
Whats to prevent your million miles of track from getting owned by Endermen?

Endermen can't pick up tracks anymore. They haven't been able to since 1.8 beta, so it's a non-issue. They can't pick up fences either, so they're not any more of a problem than zombies would be. I think the only issue would be looking them in the eyes as you ride by, then they teleport onto you and screw up the trains. We'll need to address that possibility, but Endermen will not be able to sabotage the tracks via their block manipulation abilities.

EDIT: I've just been informed that Endermen will not teleport to a player riding in a minecart, so that second issue I presented is a moot point. Travel via trains will be 100% safe from Endermen.

In 1.0.0 they can only pick up basic blocks too. IE: Grass, dirt, sand, stone, nothing man made.
♞
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
November 19 2011 04:02 GMT
#3380
Just a quick clarification, Endermen cannot interact with blocks of any kind on this server... mostly because it's a really stupid gameplay mechanic. They can still teleport, though.
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
Prev 1 167 168 169 170 171 211 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 43m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1100
910 109
Hyun 74
NotJumperer 52
Bale 34
sorry 18
Noble 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto234
League of Legends
JimRising 614
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King145
Other Games
summit1g7342
Coldzera 732
WinterStarcraft401
C9.Mang0289
PiGStarcraft201
NeuroSwarm115
ceh938
ViBE25
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick621
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream37
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 41
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2221
League of Legends
• Rush1108
• Lourlo1026
• Stunt356
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 43m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4h 43m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
17h 43m
Patches Events
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.