• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:15
CEST 04:15
KST 11:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War385.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9861 users

[1.1] Team Liquid Minecraft Server - Page 139

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 137 138 139 140 141 211 Next
If you intentionally disrupt this server your actions will be reported to TL staff and action may be taken against your forum account.
teaguev
Profile Joined October 2010
United States21 Posts
April 03 2011 04:54 GMT
#2761
I am about to build a castle,any tips on things to make it more interesting or unique? I'd also like to know of a good SMP trap.
57 Corvette
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada5941 Posts
April 03 2011 05:27 GMT
#2762
Goddamn, why do they keep updating so fast...
Survival is winning, everything else is bullshit.
teaguev
Profile Joined October 2010
United States21 Posts
April 03 2011 06:25 GMT
#2763
When does TL server upgrade to the more recent patches? I keep on waiting for the new materials and they still haven't come. I really want the dyes mostly.Not to mention the wolves if they're possible on multiplayer.
Torenhire
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States11681 Posts
April 03 2011 08:11 GMT
#2764
On April 03 2011 15:25 teaguev wrote:
When does TL server upgrade to the more recent patches? I keep on waiting for the new materials and they still haven't come. I really want the dyes mostly.Not to mention the wolves if they're possible on multiplayer.


They're possible. And Cute!

I forget who was having the problem with the login instantly crashing you... I just had this occur a few days ago, and Chuiu had this problem a while back...assuming it's the same problem.

When I logged in, I would just be infinitely falling, and DC in under a second. Apparently my coordinate or something got corrupt in the map save file due to a DC or something I did earlier. Sometimes I even crashed the server when I tried logging in.

Join up in IRC, try and get a hold of Mino or Serejai, see if they can replace your coordinates with someone else's. All this does is move your physical location, won't delete your inventory or anything. Once you're moved, and assuming it's fixed, you can just /home or whatever and go about normal minecraft business.

If that doesn't fix it for you...well...I dunno what to tell you, then. Good Luck! :D
SirJolt: Well maybe if you weren't so big and stupid, it wouldn't have hit you.
Melancholia
Profile Joined March 2010
United States717 Posts
April 03 2011 19:44 GMT
#2765
To be honest, we're reaching the point where you may need to consider dropping some of the plugin requirements to upgrade. There can only be so many delays before losing even something like zoning isn't worth the cost in lost activity and other functionality.
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
April 03 2011 20:23 GMT
#2766
On April 04 2011 04:44 Melancholia wrote:
To be honest, we're reaching the point where you may need to consider dropping some of the plugin requirements to upgrade. There can only be so many delays before losing even something like zoning isn't worth the cost in lost activity and other functionality.


The problem is losing zoning means a reset of the world unless you want public players trashing all of your stuff.

As much as I'd love for this to be a TL-only server, there simply aren't enough TLers willing to donate to support it. Most public servers with the same amount of users as this server pull in about $1000-1500/month. I get a total of about $100/month from TLers. So, public access is pretty much required at this point because they're the people that tend to pay for the hosting. So, pubs are pretty much required.

As such, the zoning is there to keep them from messing with TL projects. I could certainly do without it, but then things will be griefed.

The other plugin that has issues is the permissions plugin. Without that, I have no admin powers and no other plugins will work (basically, everyone has full access to everything without permissions).

The problem stems from the fact that we're one of the five largest servers in the world in terms of traffic (we're even #1 in google searches), however the other four major servers have their own private dev teams that make their own plugins. Again, this is because those servers bring in $1000+ per month, whereas I bring in $100/month. I can't afford to pay a dev team, so I'm forced to use public plugins which are subject to the author's ability to keep them updated on a daily basis, which very few tend to do.

So yeah... I could switch to 1.3 now but there would be no way to prevent griefing and whatnot.
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
Torenhire
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States11681 Posts
April 03 2011 20:51 GMT
#2767
Bunch of slackers, you TLers you. Donate! I can't donate for everyone, you know.

Did you ever find out if you could do a subscription kind of thing? Not sure what the protocol or w/e for doing that, was, but I'd be game. Even if people do a few bucks a month it couldn't hurt.
SirJolt: Well maybe if you weren't so big and stupid, it wouldn't have hit you.
URfavHO
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States514 Posts
April 03 2011 21:06 GMT
#2768
I will donate for the sake of the swarm!

in other news, I am looking to trade for some gold. I am looking for a ratio of about 5:3 gold to diamond, PM if interested.
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
April 03 2011 21:36 GMT
#2769
On April 04 2011 05:51 Torenhire wrote:
Bunch of slackers, you TLers you. Donate! I can't donate for everyone, you know.

Did you ever find out if you could do a subscription kind of thing? Not sure what the protocol or w/e for doing that, was, but I'd be game. Even if people do a few bucks a month it couldn't hurt.


I have permission from Mojang to charge monthly. Don't recall if I had permission from TL to do so or not. I wanna say yes, but I'd have to double check.

Regardless, it's not something I wanted to do.
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
Cano
Profile Joined July 2010
Poland200 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-03 22:04:47
April 03 2011 22:04 GMT
#2770
This server is ran by myself entirely independent of teamliquid.net and it's staff.

It's entirely independent of teamliquid.net and it is staff? I don't get it.
snpnx
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany454 Posts
April 03 2011 22:12 GMT
#2771
On April 04 2011 07:04 Cano wrote:
Show nested quote +
This server is ran by myself entirely independent of teamliquid.net and it's staff.

It's entirely independent of teamliquid.net and it is staff? I don't get it.


It just means that TeamLiquid is not associated with this server, it's a thing Serejai does for us.
"Language is Freeware, in that it's free to use, but it's not Open Source, so you can't just change things how you like."
Fear_Chaos
Profile Joined December 2004
United States101 Posts
April 03 2011 22:22 GMT
#2772
Pretty sure he was just trying to be a smartass about grammar.
Torenhire
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States11681 Posts
April 04 2011 01:30 GMT
#2773
On April 04 2011 06:36 Serejai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2011 05:51 Torenhire wrote:
Bunch of slackers, you TLers you. Donate! I can't donate for everyone, you know.

Did you ever find out if you could do a subscription kind of thing? Not sure what the protocol or w/e for doing that, was, but I'd be game. Even if people do a few bucks a month it couldn't hurt.


I have permission from Mojang to charge monthly. Don't recall if I had permission from TL to do so or not. I wanna say yes, but I'd have to double check.

Regardless, it's not something I wanted to do.


Not necessarily saying charge monthly, I meant like a donation subscription kind of thing? Like instead of having to go through paypal every month, just have it set up so that X dollars goes to you every month or something like that.


I guess subscription was the wrong word.
SirJolt: Well maybe if you weren't so big and stupid, it wouldn't have hit you.
Vain
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Netherlands1115 Posts
April 04 2011 01:38 GMT
#2774
Can't we set up our own teamliquid/minecraft dev team

but this means we'll have to code java right?
Battle.net 2.0 is a waiter and he's a dick
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
April 04 2011 01:45 GMT
#2775
On April 04 2011 10:38 Vain wrote:
Can't we set up our own teamliquid/minecraft dev team

but this means we'll have to code java right?


As you'll see from the thread op, I've tried but only one person was interested. Would need at least 5-6 to really get anywhere to be honest.

The coding is done in Python/Java, I believe.
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
Torenhire
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States11681 Posts
April 04 2011 02:03 GMT
#2776
I would if I knew the language. All the stuff I do in my company is a proprietary language, so I don't know how easy/hard learning Java or Python would be.
SirJolt: Well maybe if you weren't so big and stupid, it wouldn't have hit you.
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
April 04 2011 02:27 GMT
#2777
On April 04 2011 10:45 Serejai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2011 10:38 Vain wrote:
Can't we set up our own teamliquid/minecraft dev team

but this means we'll have to code java right?


As you'll see from the thread op, I've tried but only one person was interested. Would need at least 5-6 to really get anywhere to be honest.

The coding is done in Python/Java, I believe.


I might be able to take a look in my spare time, but I'm still quite bad at Java and Python. But I'm learning! I promise!

also, I really like wolves in 1.4... except they just die -.-;
Writer
Pigsquirrel
Profile Joined August 2009
United States615 Posts
April 04 2011 02:54 GMT
#2778
On April 03 2011 17:11 Torenhire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2011 15:25 teaguev wrote:
When does TL server upgrade to the more recent patches? I keep on waiting for the new materials and they still haven't come. I really want the dyes mostly.Not to mention the wolves if they're possible on multiplayer.


They're possible. And Cute!

I forget who was having the problem with the login instantly crashing you... I just had this occur a few days ago, and Chuiu had this problem a while back...assuming it's the same problem.

When I logged in, I would just be infinitely falling, and DC in under a second. Apparently my coordinate or something got corrupt in the map save file due to a DC or something I did earlier. Sometimes I even crashed the server when I tried logging in.

Join up in IRC, try and get a hold of Mino or Serejai, see if they can replace your coordinates with someone else's. All this does is move your physical location, won't delete your inventory or anything. Once you're moved, and assuming it's fixed, you can just /home or whatever and go about normal minecraft business.

If that doesn't fix it for you...well...I dunno what to tell you, then. Good Luck! :D


Having this error too. If/when I can, I'll talk to Mino or Serejai and see if they can fix it.
Cerotix
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada121 Posts
April 04 2011 04:50 GMT
#2779
I've taken uni level programming courses in both java and python....
I would love to take a look and try to help out, but it wont be until the summer, exams are rolling around and I'll be plenty busy as is.
CJ_Soviet
Profile Joined January 2011
United States37 Posts
April 04 2011 11:04 GMT
#2780
I would love to help, I've got some Java experience as well. Unfortunately I've got the same issue as Cerotix
Prev 1 137 138 139 140 141 211 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings127
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 77
PiLiPiLi 27
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1953
Sharp 50
Bale 37
Dota 2
monkeys_forever535
NeuroSwarm202
League of Legends
Doublelift4513
Counter-Strike
taco 591
Other Games
summit1g7628
JimRising 560
C9.Mang0333
ViBE161
WinterStarcraft95
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick918
BasetradeTV178
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 115
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP89
• poizon28 34
• davetesta30
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1144
• Shiphtur0
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
7h 46m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
9h 46m
AI Arena Tournament
14h 46m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
16h 46m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Patches Events
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.