• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:04
CEST 16:04
KST 23:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7582 users

[1.1] Team Liquid Minecraft Server - Page 141

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 139 140 141 142 143 211 Next
If you intentionally disrupt this server your actions will be reported to TL staff and action may be taken against your forum account.
Fawkes
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada1935 Posts
April 08 2011 20:23 GMT
#2801
What is the purpose of this game out of curiousity?

I watched someone stream it but they were just picking at the ground for like 20 minutes...don't ask me how I watched that for 20 minutes.
Taeyeon ~ Jennie ~ Seulgi ~ Irene @Fawkes711
Torenhire
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States11681 Posts
April 08 2011 20:28 GMT
#2802
On April 09 2011 05:23 Fawkes wrote:
What is the purpose of this game out of curiousity?

I watched someone stream it but they were just picking at the ground for like 20 minutes...don't ask me how I watched that for 20 minutes.


There's not really a "purpose" exactly. Haha.

Explore, gather materials, build stuff. That's basically all there is to it.


Trust me, when MC first came out I was like "what a terribly stupid and boring idea..." and then after like three days of playing I was hooked. Haha. It's actually ridiculously good times when you get an idea. The worst part is trying to figure out what you want to build, honestly.

SirJolt: Well maybe if you weren't so big and stupid, it wouldn't have hit you.
Cerotix
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada121 Posts
April 08 2011 23:36 GMT
#2803
On April 09 2011 05:28 Torenhire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2011 05:23 Fawkes wrote:
What is the purpose of this game out of curiousity?

I watched someone stream it but they were just picking at the ground for like 20 minutes...don't ask me how I watched that for 20 minutes.


There's not really a "purpose" exactly. Haha.

Explore, gather materials, build stuff. That's basically all there is to it.


Trust me, when MC first came out I was like "what a terribly stupid and boring idea..." and then after like three days of playing I was hooked. Haha. It's actually ridiculously good times when you get an idea. The worst part is trying to figure out what you want to build, honestly.


Thats definitely part of the reason why I haven't been on that much lately, I have no idea what I want to build next haha
Vain
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Netherlands1115 Posts
April 09 2011 13:54 GMT
#2804
On April 09 2011 08:36 Cerotix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2011 05:28 Torenhire wrote:
On April 09 2011 05:23 Fawkes wrote:
What is the purpose of this game out of curiousity?

I watched someone stream it but they were just picking at the ground for like 20 minutes...don't ask me how I watched that for 20 minutes.


There's not really a "purpose" exactly. Haha.

Explore, gather materials, build stuff. That's basically all there is to it.


Trust me, when MC first came out I was like "what a terribly stupid and boring idea..." and then after like three days of playing I was hooked. Haha. It's actually ridiculously good times when you get an idea. The worst part is trying to figure out what you want to build, honestly.


Thats definitely part of the reason why I haven't been on that much lately, I have no idea what I want to build next haha


Well i have a few ideas. But ill need dyes and repeaters
Battle.net 2.0 is a waiter and he's a dick
Apoth
Profile Joined May 2010
England194 Posts
April 09 2011 16:52 GMT
#2805
Um, i'm trying to connect but it says that server is outdated?
trombonomophonononononononone
Hugoboss21
Profile Joined June 2009
France346 Posts
April 09 2011 17:06 GMT
#2806
On April 10 2011 01:52 Apoth wrote:
Um, i'm trying to connect but it says that server is outdated?


server is working fine, you probably didn't read the OP. The server is on 1.1 patch, there is a link to download the version.
In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. --Carl Sagan
Thagrimreaper
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands13 Posts
April 11 2011 18:07 GMT
#2807
hey Serejai i have pm'ed .minecraft about 1.5 week ago and i kinda want to become liquid thanks in advance
OHAI
EtherealDeath
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States8366 Posts
April 11 2011 21:24 GMT
#2808
Anyone know how I can revert my minecraft to 1.3?
teaguev
Profile Joined October 2010
United States21 Posts
April 12 2011 02:50 GMT
#2809
I believe if you uninstall and reinstall Minecraft it will automatically update
Melancholia
Profile Joined March 2010
United States717 Posts
April 12 2011 04:24 GMT
#2810
Well, it's 1.4 now so that wouldn't work. You need to get a 1.3 .jar and follow the same instructions to revert to 1.1.
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
April 12 2011 15:11 GMT
#2811
Just want to give a short heads up. I will be taking the server offline for an extended period of time (probably until retail later this fall). It's simply not worth the effort at the moment due to various reasons including but not limited to too-frequent updates, lack of financial support, and I think most importantly of all lack of sustained interest for most people. I mean, there's really no objective to the game and because of this the average playtime for people on the server tends to be 1-2 weeks tops before they get bored and stop playing (before 1.3).

Take the most recent world, for example. On the first day we had loads of people. After the first week, about 90% of them had stopped playing. People generally build a house and then they're done. It's very hard for the average player to keep interested in the game (I personally haven't played since October because I just don't enjoy past the first day or two of building my house). I feel this is something that will be addressed later on with game objectives and future plugins, but in the game's current state it's just not there yet.

So, I will make a more detailed post in the OP about this soon, but basically the server will be coming down in 2-3 days. I will put the world up for download to anyone who wants it, and save all files for future use if needed. I fully intend to continue this project in the near future but I simply haven't had the support since beta that I had back in October/November due to nearly all of the veteran players losing interest in the game. The main reason why other large servers stay afloat is because they tend to pay their mods and have many players that invest heavily into the game (players that donate hundreds of dollars and pretty much live in the game). Meanwhile, this server is more of a break for people between their BW/SC2 matches so people aren't as dedicated which makes it very hard to keep a stable foundation.

I was hoping the addition of public players would help with some issues, but the whole hmod/bukkit situation came at the worst possible moment and pretty much halted most of my plans for the server. So, again, I will be shutting this down until further notice. If you have any questions PM me or post in here. Note that the short notice is due to financial reasons. I tried to find funding to keep the server up for another month, but couldn't. So, the server will go down when the current lease expires in 2-3 days.

While the server is down I will continue work on the game/server. I had started a project a few months ago which was planned for a retail launch. I don't really want to give out any information, but... this was planned to be the next world reset (retail) so if I can't bring the server online before then, I can guarantee the server will be back up the day Minecraft hits retail (albeit in a different incarnation).
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
URfavHO
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States514 Posts
April 12 2011 17:37 GMT
#2812
This is sad :\ I'm not sure how I will be able to waste time anymore. I will certainly miss the server...
Melancholia
Profile Joined March 2010
United States717 Posts
April 12 2011 18:38 GMT
#2813
Wasn't exactly hard to see this coming, but still sad.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Profile Joined December 2010
Denmark697 Posts
April 12 2011 20:26 GMT
#2814
I have a feeling the the declining population on the server was due to the outdatet version.
That being said, we are quite a few guys stil actively playing, and we are all very sad that this is happening. But I guess the lacking funding made it nessesary.
Go try StarBow on the Arcade. TL thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=440661
Vain
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Netherlands1115 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-12 20:50:29
April 12 2011 20:50 GMT
#2815
Aw man. Well at least its better for my grades

Its nice to know we can download so not all my work is lost. Hell, maby ill even try to make it work under 1.4
Battle.net 2.0 is a waiter and he's a dick
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-12 21:15:13
April 12 2011 21:03 GMT
#2816
On April 13 2011 05:26 Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
I have a feeling the the declining population on the server was due to the outdatet version.
That being said, we are quite a few guys stil actively playing, and we are all very sad that this is happening. But I guess the lacking funding made it nessesary.


The population didn't really decline much with the patches. It's been steadily going downhill since November and only picked back up for a week or two once beta came out. Once people realized that minecarts and monsters weren't as cool as they thought they would be and that nether didn't work in multiplayer, it rapidly went down again.

Sure, it would be slightly higher than it is now but... the game in general is losing activity very quickly. Here is a map of the Curse server, which is one of the largest three servers in the world - http://map.cursecraft.com/ (Also note that the lead developer of Bukkit is the owner of this server). Despite having the hardware to run 100 players (as do I), there are only nine players online at the time of this post. This is pretty much the same for all of the big servers lately.

Here's the Reddit server for comparison [image loading]

They're running less players now than we were running pre-beta, which shows how dramatically people have stopped playing considering the Reddit server used to have 80+ on it at all times just three months ago.

The game itself is simply dying due to lack of meaningful updates to the game and people not having a reason to continue playing. Yes, being on 1.1 still has caused traffic loss here but even if we were on 1.3/1.4 right now we wouldn't be getting enough traffic to financially support the current server anyway. These other servers with the same traffic as us are getting ten times the financial support and at least five or six times the administrative support as I've been getting. They can afford to keep going because for every one TLer willing to donate there are ten pubs that donate on other servers, and for every one TLer willing to help out with the server there are 5-6 pubs willing to help out the other servers.

I feel it's because these other communities are actual Minecraft communities, while this is basically a sub-community of TL and most people that use this server only do so to take a break from BW/SC2 (again, my reasoning for trying to open the server up public to the players that focus on Minecraft as their main game).

The server has to shut down in a few days because I can't afford the payment for another month of hosting. However, I'm more than willing to reopen it ASAP if I can find enough people on TL to support it. That being said, those of you who have been around since the server first opened can be counted on one hand. Those who have been around for more than three months can probably be counted on two. Point being, this isn't a game that most people can tolerate playing more than a few weeks total. You simply run out of things to do unless you just enjoy building that much (which most people don't).

There have been well over 4,000 TLers that have used this server since it opened and out of those less than 100 have played for longer than a week. I've setup this server solely for the community, as I haven't personally played myself since opening it. So, I'll toss up a quick poll in the OP and if enough people are still interested in this I'll get something back up and running ASAP. Judging by the numbers I have over the last 6-7 months though, traffic has been dying with the exception of beta which was such a disappointment that it ended up killing traffic after a week anyway (you can see this for yourself outside of spawn and in Turia. Pretty much every structure in these areas was vigorously built in the first 3-4 days, then the creators all stopped playing).
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
April 12 2011 21:07 GMT
#2817
Here's another example I completely forgot to include. The official stats from minecraft.net are as follows:

http://www.minecraft.net/stats.jsp

Three months ago, there were never less than 20,000 players online at a time. Right now there are just above 3,000 players online.

Again, the game itself is dying at an alarming rate and although the outdated patch on this server is attributing to the decreased activity, it's not the real problem =/
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
Torenhire
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States11681 Posts
April 12 2011 21:14 GMT
#2818
On April 13 2011 06:03 Serejai wrote:
That being said, those of you who have been around since the server first opened can be counted on one hand.


yaaaay \o/

Turia. Pretty much every structure in these areas was vigorously built in the first 3-4 days, then the creators all stopped playing).



I like to attribute the vacating of Turia to myself, as I started in Turia --> everyone else wanted to be part of Turia.

and then I moved to Ro, and everyone else moved to Ro. Awww yeah.



Serious note though - kinda easy to tell it was going to happen sooner or later. Now we can all go play on Woodzy's server!

Ok for real serious note - achievements and some of the other stuff will hopefully bring more and more people back, as well as having a good set of plugins. I'll shoot you a PM with some stuff we can try in the future to try and prevent stagnation (that a word..?)

Thanks for running the server and putting forth the effort to try and make such a large server viable.
SirJolt: Well maybe if you weren't so big and stupid, it wouldn't have hit you.
JeeJee
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Canada5652 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-12 22:00:18
April 12 2011 21:58 GMT
#2819
=(
although i recently got an itching for minecraft again, none of the tutorials to re-1.1 my client worked so i've just been playing with a buddy or 2 on my university's 1.4 server.
still it got old really fast again, lol
i remember it being epic back in the day @ serejai's server, like last year or even earlier but playing it again lately after being away for months is kinda underwhelming, haha.
gotta get more irl friends to play this but eh.
edit: i was iliaT btw
(\o/)  If you want it, you find a way. Otherwise you find excuses. No exceptions.
 /_\   aka Shinbi (requesting a name change since 27/05/09 ☺)
Smeegle
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany6 Posts
April 12 2011 22:07 GMT
#2820
...sucks to hear that - really bad news
This server was one, if not the best server out there. Too bad, had some really great times...and a lot of fun.
I know that Zaph and the few others were still busy with different projects in the past weeks, so much work is going to be wasted...and left unfinished...
Just no words to it - thanx guys to all the good moments...hope to see you soon...



Prev 1 139 140 141 142 143 211 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 56m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Railgan 82
Codebar 31
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 63078
Bisu 2376
FanTaSy 1410
Stork 667
hero 580
Rush 483
firebathero 215
Snow 210
Mind 114
Last 106
[ Show more ]
Free 100
Sexy 70
Sharp 70
Pusan 68
Trap 41
ToSsGirL 40
Bale 37
Hm[arnc] 31
Mong 29
Terrorterran 20
Aegong 19
Rock 18
HiyA 16
yabsab 16
zelot 15
Noble 13
scan(afreeca) 11
IntoTheRainbow 10
Shine 8
Sacsri 7
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8247
Dendi1082
Counter-Strike
byalli1291
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King101
Other Games
gofns41274
singsing2375
fl0m2326
Liquid`RaSZi1209
B2W.Neo624
Beastyqt517
Mlord332
Happy292
Hui .214
Khaldor214
Chillindude18
crisheroes1
KnowMe0
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV237
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 301
• HeavenSC 13
• Dystopia_ 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony2
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV551
League of Legends
• Nemesis3197
• Jankos3110
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1426
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
56m
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 56m
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 56m
OSC
8h 56m
Replay Cast
8h 56m
OSC
21h 56m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 20h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.