• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:21
CEST 17:21
KST 00:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7693 users

Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 32

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 42 Next All
Rybka
Profile Joined March 2010
United States836 Posts
March 11 2011 04:12 GMT
#621
I hear a lot of complaints about how it's so similar to WoW, but I don't know that borrowing mechanics/ideas/etc from WoW is a bad thing. I mean, look how HoN/LoL turned out (I know I know, Icefrog.) Still, if it works... it works. Nothing with copying genre-defining games IMO, as long as it's not just ridiculous.
"I like winter, you can put a beer outside of the window and come back later to have it nice and cold. But in Belgium, it'd better be the 3rd floor window." -Rowa
BattRoll
Profile Joined August 2010
100 Posts
March 11 2011 08:06 GMT
#622
I've been playing this game pretty relentlessly. I don't know how it's going to hold up with the test of time but honestly right now I'm having a blast. The gameplay feels so tight (even moreso than wow) - I absolutely love the classes/soul system and the artwork is fantastic. So far, from what I've played (I've rolled 2 characters and cleared the starting zone for Guardians twice) everything is top notch. I'd give this game a pre-emptive 10/10

BattRoll
Profile Joined August 2010
100 Posts
March 11 2011 08:20 GMT
#623
On March 05 2011 23:33 blackone wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2011 20:44 norsK wrote:

It's a good thing all FPS and RTS games are completely different in every way and with every game there comes a new genre.

There is a difference between adopting proven concepts of a genre and trying to copy every aspect of World of Warcraft because it is the biggest player in the game. RIFT is trying very very hard to be "like WoW, only better" (I mean come on, we are not in azeroth anymore? srsly?) which is not compelling to a lot of (ex)WoW players because they are tired of wow and do not want to play another game which is almost the same. They are looking for something new and different, and Rift, just like Warhammer or Aion, just isn't.


Just because their marketing says "We're not in azeroth anymore" doesn't mean it's trying to be wow. In fact, if you know how to read and understand English, it's actually saying THE EXACT OPPOSITE!




Thermia
Profile Joined August 2010
United States866 Posts
March 11 2011 08:23 GMT
#624
I've been playing this some, but it's really hard to get into for me because of a small yet nagging problem - the camera is way too jerky and not smooth at all when angling around. Is this just how the game is, should i try lower settings (I get 100+ fps in wow with everything very smooth on max settings, not that its graphically demanding at all), or what?
Sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling. IGN: Mierin
BattRoll
Profile Joined August 2010
100 Posts
March 11 2011 14:22 GMT
#625
I don't find the camera jerky. I guess just try to lower the graphics settings and see if the problem persists
Maynarde
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia1286 Posts
March 11 2011 14:27 GMT
#626
So what's the verdict, thread? Worth getting for the price or not?

I was a WoW player WAY back in the day and enjoyed it for quite a while. As I've read there are quite a few differences but I saw the video of a raid boss kill and it looks like the same shit to me.
CommentatorAustralian SC2 Caster | Twitter: @MaynardeSC2 | Twitch: twitch.tv/maynarde
Gryffes
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United Kingdom763 Posts
March 11 2011 14:33 GMT
#627
Bored and quit already.

If you want a newer version of wow with a more realistic graphics engine then this is your game.
If you're bored of gear treadmills and repetitive grinds then skip.
www.youtube.com/gryffes - Random Gaming Videos.
Khaymus
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States750 Posts
March 11 2011 15:00 GMT
#628
On March 11 2011 23:27 Maynarde wrote:
So what's the verdict, thread? Worth getting for the price or not?

I was a WoW player WAY back in the day and enjoyed it for quite a while. As I've read there are quite a few differences but I saw the video of a raid boss kill and it looks like the same shit to me.


I say yes! Worth getting.

The leveling experience alone is wroth the money...and there is actually a good amount to do once you hit max level. I have not gotten into raids (I do not like to raid that much) but the PvP and rift farming is fun...as well as expert dungeons.

Very high quality game overall. The PvP is pretty sketch in terms of balance right now, but it will hopefully get better.
Let them say we lived in the time of Boxer, Emperor of Terran. Let them say we lived in the time of Nal_rA, Dreamer of Protoss. Let them say we lived in the time of Savior, Master of the Zerg.
zeru
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
8156 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-11 15:42:20
March 11 2011 15:42 GMT
#629
--- Nuked ---
Endymion
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States3701 Posts
March 12 2011 00:12 GMT
#630
On March 11 2011 17:20 BattRoll wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2011 23:33 blackone wrote:
On March 05 2011 20:44 norsK wrote:

It's a good thing all FPS and RTS games are completely different in every way and with every game there comes a new genre.

There is a difference between adopting proven concepts of a genre and trying to copy every aspect of World of Warcraft because it is the biggest player in the game. RIFT is trying very very hard to be "like WoW, only better" (I mean come on, we are not in azeroth anymore? srsly?) which is not compelling to a lot of (ex)WoW players because they are tired of wow and do not want to play another game which is almost the same. They are looking for something new and different, and Rift, just like Warhammer or Aion, just isn't.


Just because their marketing says "We're not in azeroth anymore" doesn't mean it's trying to be wow. In fact, if you know how to read and understand English, it's actually saying THE EXACT OPPOSITE!



If you're going to pull shots and try to point out exactly what they're "saying" with their advertising, they're saying that if your playing their game you won't be playing WoW, because it's not set in azeroth. It says absolutely nothing about the game itself, and if anything it's trying to advertise the distance between itself and WoW's nerd stigma. That said, the game itself takes heavily from WoW, pulling more heavily from WoW than from any other popular MMO out there at the moment. Also, you should never imply that a marketing team is trying to express to you what they are trying to do. Their job isn't to inform you, it's to influence your buying habits. So while they are stating (in your eyes) that they aren't like WoW, they could be using the exact same engine, UI, gameplay mechanics. Because you don't need to be informed, you just need to buy their product or express ideas that they want you to, which you obviously have.
Have you considered the MMO-Champion forum? You are just as irrational and delusional with the right portion of nostalgic populism. By the way: The old Brood War was absolutely unplayable
opaque
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation89 Posts
March 12 2011 00:13 GMT
#631


World first Infiltrator (2nd boss of the raid instance) boss kill before it was nerfed. In its pre-nerf form only 3 guild in the world have killed it total.

www.maximation.us
What
shift.number
Profile Joined January 2011
Korea (South)29 Posts
March 12 2011 20:48 GMT
#632
Leveling in this game was sort of fun and fast but once you hit max level (50) things you can do are limited to running dungeons, PvP, and rifts. Here are list of problems I've ran into personally

Dungeons
- there are too many dps but not enough healers and tanks (not necessarily the game's fault)
- there are no ways to find groups other than lvl50 general chat (or if you're lucky you're in a guild with lot of 50s looking to do runs), which can take hours
- even if you manage to find a group, most of the 'expert' dungeons take anywhere from 1hr-3hrs to finish depending on your group or not finish them at all.
- 'expert' dungeons have some tank/healer gear requirement (minimum 50 toughness for T1 and 100 for T2 for tanks) which attributes to lack of tanks. Oddly enough items with toughness on them is found only in expert dungeons or expert dungeon token rewards vendor, and not from non-expert dungeons (only 2 you can run @lvl50, AP and CC)

PvP
- there are warfronts (bgs) you can do but the queue times are rather random (10~50min although it's cross-server) and some of them aren't even full.
- bursty and imbalanced specs (impossible to fix from game dev point of view imo)
- there are some world PvP involving rifts and invasions but I feel it's lot like WoW world pvp is at the moment (daily quest hubs pvp = rifts/invasion pvp)

Rifts and invasions
- they are fun to do the first couple times while leveling but they don't really have replay value as most rewards aren't relevant to your level anymore and the fact that it's pretty repetitive (stage 1-5, rift closed, repeat for next 5 rifts until zone invasion boss spawns)
- some of the zones have rifts that are open for hours with no one around to close them

Lot of the problems I've listed may have to do with me leveling too fast ahead of the crowd but the game feels like it's winding down already based on server pop (all servers except Briarcliff and one server I can't remember the name of being medium pop during prime time)
:D
SwaY-
Profile Joined March 2009
Dominican Republic463 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-14 04:39:07
March 14 2011 04:36 GMT
#633
I understand game will get boring after awhile. But I dont think MMO's is for you guys,(and for me for that matter) but I play them sometimes. Why? It's fun for a bit, just like WoW... play a few months then quit and come back when I think I'll have fun again. However bashing the game that its boring after awhile, give them a chance to add content... this MMO out of most out there is one of the best. What did you guys honestly expect?

To the poster above me.. you're right on most things but:

Toughness/Hit is found in plenty on 50 gear not in experts.
Queue times are horrendous because most of the population isnt 50 yet.
Do it beautifully
Khul Sadukar
Profile Joined August 2009
Australia1735 Posts
March 14 2011 06:19 GMT
#634
Yea im getting bored and only lvl 35. Hardly rushing through content..

The problem is the quests are soo repetitive that it feels like a grind. Warfronts are a joke sometimes due to pvp balance or lack thereof (also mechanic issues with them, joining games in progress afkers etc).

World pvp can be fun. Most nights though we have lvl 50 guardians roaming around scarwood (lvl 30 zone) and no one responds/ dead quiet. I wouldn't mind but the fact you can only respawn at the closest graveyard just turns it into a camp fest. = not fun

So I can continue questing zzz to hit 50, or play the broken warfronts. Rifts arent even worth doing. Doesn't leave much motivation to keep playing.

Had more fun in a 20m game of LoL this week..
I don't want to be part everything. I want to be something. - Weapon X
Anon06
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States203 Posts
March 15 2011 05:20 GMT
#635
On February 19 2011 05:16 Anon06 wrote:
Well play what you want to play, but make sure to think of me when it bombs shortly after release. Not going to try and argue my point any further.



^
Fatmatt2000
Profile Joined January 2006
United States159 Posts
March 15 2011 05:55 GMT
#636
I've never really played Wow so I dont know, but for all the people saying there is nothing to do in Rift once you hit 50 aside from Heroics, Raid or PvP. What else is there to do in Wow once you reach the level cap?
Quote?
Zocat
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany2229 Posts
March 15 2011 17:44 GMT
#637
On March 15 2011 14:55 Fatmatt2000 wrote:
I've never really played Wow so I dont know, but for all the people saying there is nothing to do in Rift once you hit 50 aside from Heroics, Raid or PvP. What else is there to do in Wow once you reach the level cap?


Nothing else.
Of course there are ways to entertain yourself - but that kind of stuff is player driven content (i.e. RP). So doesnt matter what game it is.
floor exercise
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Canada5847 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-15 18:00:17
March 15 2011 17:54 GMT
#638
On March 14 2011 15:19 Khul Sadukar wrote:
Yea im getting bored and only lvl 35. Hardly rushing through content...


Haha I am the exact same. I have been playing casually, I'm only level 36 and got really bored all of a sudden.

I really like Rift, it's just the general MMO thing, the gameplay isn't that much fun after playing wow on and off for however many years. I loved the betas up til now, but I feel like the shine has worn off and it's become apparent that while it's a really good MMO, I am not into MMO gameplay anymore, and the hours I spend playing this are somehow worth even less than the hours I would spend playing SC2 or any other game.

I think I liked the beta events because I could only log in 3 days a week so I looked forward to getting a few hours to play. Now it's at my fingertips and I can't be bothered to play. I hope it does well but I doubt I will keep playing it or any other MMO until something drastically changes with the genre.
MetalSlug
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany443 Posts
March 15 2011 17:55 GMT
#639
On March 12 2011 09:13 opaque wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXgNClm83BQ&feature=player_embedded

World first Infiltrator (2nd boss of the raid instance) boss kill before it was nerfed. In its pre-nerf form only 3 guild in the world have killed it total.

www.maximation.us


That looks so boring ... i dont know how ppl can get excited over such a lame bossfight....
Final Fantasy 11 will always be my favorite MMORPG.
MKP | Maru | Nada | Boxer | Supernova | Keen
trainRiderJ
Profile Joined August 2010
United States615 Posts
March 15 2011 18:02 GMT
#640
At level 42 at the moment. I haven't had to do any grinding yet. I'm playing a cleric and have respec-ed a couple times to try out different stuff. I did a bunch of pvp in the 10-19 level bracket but haven't done much since then, focusing on quests and rifts/invasions instead.

I haven't felt bored at all. I've gone through a variety of "themed" areas in questing (desert, winter, forest, grassland, etc), fought monsters and rifts of all different kinds/elements and been a tank, melee dps, and healer for a little bit (yet to try the ranged dps specs for cleric).

That has all been a bonus because I mainly bought the game to be a healer in pvp and raids. It's a great game.
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 42 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM401
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 401
Reynor 231
ByuN 185
TKL 130
Railgan 78
Codebar 59
BRAT_OK 25
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 59046
Bisu 2907
Calm 1208
FanTaSy 1028
Stork 838
Rush 401
hero 392
firebathero 198
Snow 129
Sharp 86
[ Show more ]
Free 72
Mind 65
ToSsGirL 39
Trap 38
Pusan 37
Sexy 29
Bale 27
Mong 26
Hm[arnc] 20
soO 20
Terrorterran 20
Rock 18
Aegong 18
HiyA 14
Sacsri 9
Shine 8
Noble 8
scan(afreeca) 8
IntoTheRainbow 7
Dota 2
Gorgc8545
Dendi1118
Counter-Strike
fl0m4537
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King99
Other Games
singsing2223
Liquid`RaSZi1474
B2W.Neo704
olofmeister543
Beastyqt493
Mlord470
Khaldor445
KnowMe314
Hui .222
crisheroes172
Chillindude66
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV260
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony5
• niya90s 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV581
League of Legends
• Nemesis3513
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1750
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 39m
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 39m
OSC
7h 39m
Replay Cast
7h 39m
OSC
20h 39m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 19h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.