• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:47
CEST 11:47
KST 18:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6452 users

Minecraft thread - Page 54

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 52 53 54 55 56 60 Next
Chumza
Profile Joined January 2011
United States37 Posts
January 06 2011 21:16 GMT
#1061
On January 04 2011 21:46 aseq wrote:
So...when are they going to add objectives to this 'game'? I can't think of anything to do, it's pointless.


It's not about set objectives. The games forte is it's overwhelming creativity. You have this world to do ANYTHING with.
Further, some severs have a fun job system with rewards from the admins for completing tasks.
It's so very far from pointless :D
QuanticHawk
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States32159 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-06 21:23:00
January 06 2011 21:22 GMT
#1062
On January 04 2011 21:46 aseq wrote:
So...when are they going to add objectives to this 'game'? I can't think of anything to do, it's pointless.


i doubt there will ever be game-ending objectives, but like eventually more little shit, like more treasure buried in caves, more elaborate dungeons, etc.

also, find a good server. Anything goes PVP is kind of cool. You have to hide your base, lay traps, try to loot players form alliances etc.....
PROFESSIONAL GAMER - SEND ME OFFERS TO JOIN YOUR TEAM - USA USA USA
Archas
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6531 Posts
January 06 2011 21:23 GMT
#1063
On January 07 2011 06:22 Hawk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 04 2011 21:46 aseq wrote:
So...when are they going to add objectives to this 'game'? I can't think of anything to do, it's pointless.


i doubt there will ever be game-ending objectives, but like eventually more little shit, like more treasure buried in caves, more elaborate dungeons, etc.

I recall Notch saying at one point that there would eventually be boss monsters to defeat; perhaps that might be something to strive for in terms of "endgame" content (or at least as endgame as a sandbox game can reach).
The room is ripe with the stench of bitches!
Mysticesper
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1183 Posts
January 06 2011 21:27 GMT
#1064
On January 07 2011 06:23 Aeres wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2011 06:22 Hawk wrote:
On January 04 2011 21:46 aseq wrote:
So...when are they going to add objectives to this 'game'? I can't think of anything to do, it's pointless.


i doubt there will ever be game-ending objectives, but like eventually more little shit, like more treasure buried in caves, more elaborate dungeons, etc.

I recall Notch saying at one point that there would eventually be boss monsters to defeat; perhaps that might be something to strive for in terms of "endgame" content (or at least as endgame as a sandbox game can reach).

That actually does sound kind of cool.
I really want to see more materials / blocks though. I'm sure those will come, anyhow.
rabidch
Profile Joined January 2010
United States20289 Posts
January 08 2011 10:38 GMT
#1065
http://notch.tumblr.com/

So another game already? I still feel that Minecraft is a while away from being a finished product.

And for you coders...
(Oh, wait, no, I didn’t.. Doing so broke git, so we’re changing to svn because git is horrible and evil)

Going to SVN from git??????? I hope that was a joke, he could've tried Mercurial first
http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/exudt/notch_calling_git_evil/
LiquidDota StaffOnly a true king can play the King.
snpnx
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany454 Posts
January 08 2011 10:51 GMT
#1066
On January 08 2011 19:38 rabidch wrote:
http://notch.tumblr.com/

So another game already? I still feel that Minecraft is a while away from being a finished product.

And for you coders...
Show nested quote +
(Oh, wait, no, I didn’t.. Doing so broke git, so we’re changing to svn because git is horrible and evil)

Going to SVN from git??????? I hope that was a joke, he could've tried Mercurial first
http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/exudt/notch_calling_git_evil/


But it's been quite a while since he said that he's working on a 2nd game other than Minecraft.
(People have been saying the same stuff you said too, basically).
"Language is Freeware, in that it's free to use, but it's not Open Source, so you can't just change things how you like."
Shockk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany2269 Posts
January 08 2011 13:10 GMT
#1067
On January 08 2011 19:38 rabidch wrote:
http://notch.tumblr.com/

So another game already? I still feel that Minecraft is a while away from being a finished product.

And for you coders...
Show nested quote +
(Oh, wait, no, I didn’t.. Doing so broke git, so we’re changing to svn because git is horrible and evil)

Going to SVN from git??????? I hope that was a joke, he could've tried Mercurial first
http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/exudt/notch_calling_git_evil/


He has to think about the future. His money won't last forever and his sales won't continue like before once the viral marketing has reached most of the potential customers.

Also, I doubt there's a single game company which only starts working on a new game once previous titles are finished and polished.
h3r1n6
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Iceland2039 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-08 14:27:29
January 08 2011 14:27 GMT
#1068
Speaking of notchs blog:

AND.. just a few minutes ago, I found out that Minecraft got three nominations for the Independent Games Festival (Grand Prize, Technical Excellence, and Excellence In Design). So this means I definitely will be going to the GDC this year! :D


Technical Excellence? I can see it winning the others, but TECHNICAL EXCELLENCE?
Jhax
Profile Joined July 2010
Ireland201 Posts
January 08 2011 14:35 GMT
#1069
On January 04 2011 21:46 aseq wrote:
So...when are they going to add objectives to this 'game'? I can't think of anything to do, it's pointless.

I think it's just about being and having a bit of fun, kinda like garry's mod. They add some objectives in the retail version though, or have they already released that?
Fast and Free
BrownBear
Profile Joined March 2010
United States6894 Posts
January 08 2011 21:30 GMT
#1070
I finally found and got addicted to this. It's a wonderful game.

Is there anything I need to do to get whitelisted for TL servers, or can I just sign on?
SUNSFANNED
QuanticHawk
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States32159 Posts
January 10 2011 15:20 GMT
#1071
On January 08 2011 23:27 h3r1n6 wrote:
Speaking of notchs blog:

Show nested quote +
AND.. just a few minutes ago, I found out that Minecraft got three nominations for the Independent Games Festival (Grand Prize, Technical Excellence, and Excellence In Design). So this means I definitely will be going to the GDC this year! :D


Technical Excellence? I can see it winning the others, but TECHNICAL EXCELLENCE?


yeah i don't get that at all haha. I love me some minecraft, but the game is buggy as shit and virtually all of the mods work better than the vanilla stuff
PROFESSIONAL GAMER - SEND ME OFFERS TO JOIN YOUR TEAM - USA USA USA
hp.Shell
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2527 Posts
January 17 2011 18:27 GMT
#1072
Saw this today and thought it was appropriate / inappropriate (I'll let you be the judge):
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Please PM me with any songs you like that you think I haven't heard before!
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
January 22 2011 21:50 GMT
#1073
So basically, I have an impenetrable fortress.

I made a giant glass pyramid. About 25x25. I then put a shit ton of lava spawners and flowers on it, so it's completely surrounded in lava. 100%. It's pouring off the sides into trenches as well, and the entire thing is built on top of 8 layers of sand like 40 blocks in every direction. SO, if you want to get in in any other mean that I made, you have to carve through sand. Which is not fun. And when you finally get the pyramid walls under the sand, the sand will fall continuously on you until you completely clear it out. Which basically translates into for about 10 blocks, lava just falling onto your head.

I also made a secret entrance near the back. You need to find a sand stone block under a huge mountain of regular sand. Then you need to carve your way through stone, and then you finally reach a door and are surrounded by stone. You need to clear out the stone in the perfect locations and set up 3 pieces of redstone to connect the wire. THEN you need to find the sand block at your feet that has the wood pressure plate under it. I think it's under like 4 layers of sand I put it. Then you need to break the torch over it (I put torches over every block) and make the sand fall on the plate, and get inside.

Yeah

I'm pretty proud of myself.
Madslash
Profile Joined November 2010
United States23 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-27 02:06:34
January 27 2011 02:05 GMT
#1074
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading] By [URL=http://profile.imageshack.us/user/madslash]madslash

[image loading] By [URL=http://profile.imageshack.us/user/madslash]madslash

[image loading] By [URL=http://profile.imageshack.us/user/madslash]madslash
[/img][/img][/img]


Just finished my 3 day project. =)
djpokeboy
Profile Joined January 2011
2 Posts
January 31 2011 18:26 GMT
#1075
oh sure... Everyone thinks minecraft is all suns and rainbows, until you meet THE CREEPER.
That damn mob is the worst there is! The first time i saw it i thought it was sad. Little did i know that they're little ticking timebombs... So a note for people buying minecraft, If you see a green, thin monster with a sad face that can survive in daytime... GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE! That is all.
Shockk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany2269 Posts
January 31 2011 19:22 GMT
#1076
Zero Punctuation reviewed Minecraft this week!

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/2680-Minecraft
Chesner
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Iceland817 Posts
February 11 2011 20:02 GMT
#1077
Notch playing Minecraft with the Machinima guys right Now!

Tune in and have fun!

http://www.ustream.tv/machinima
PENGUINS
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
February 18 2011 01:24 GMT
#1078


Holy balls lol
MisterD
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Germany1338 Posts
February 18 2011 01:42 GMT
#1079
haha most epic video ever :D omg
Gold isn't everything in life... you need wood, too!
sob3k
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States7572 Posts
February 18 2011 01:54 GMT
#1080
Gotta say after all this time my confidence in Notch making this game into the amazing experience it has the potential to be is just about 0. The basis is already there, the game just desperately needs more content, and they seem to just be dicking around with birch trees and note blocks and dyes which basically add nothing to the game.
In Hungry Hungry Hippos there are no such constraints—one can constantly attempt to collect marbles with one’s hippo, limited only by one’s hippo-levering capabilities.
Prev 1 52 53 54 55 56 60 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 6487
actioN 537
Leta 520
BeSt 499
Jaedong 327
Larva 213
EffOrt 131
Mong 120
sorry 108
Dewaltoss 103
[ Show more ]
scan(afreeca) 67
Killer 60
Zeus 57
ToSsGirL 56
Barracks 45
sSak 40
Free 37
Aegong 36
Shinee 33
Bale 30
soO 20
NotJumperer 18
HiyA 16
yabsab 15
Dota 2
XcaliburYe155
Counter-Strike
byalli783
Other Games
summit1g9807
olofmeister1108
Happy319
crisheroes254
Pyrionflax193
KnowMe103
dupreeh44
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick653
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 23
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1035
• Stunt414
Other Games
• WagamamaTV177
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
13m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1h 13m
Monday Night Weeklies
6h 13m
Replay Cast
13h 13m
Afreeca Starleague
1d
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 1h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 14h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
OSC
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.