• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:41
CEST 06:41
KST 13:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11119 users

Diablo III General Discussion - Page 205

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 203 204 205 206 207 1109 Next
Xplitcit
Profile Joined October 2010
United States419 Posts
August 08 2011 04:45 GMT
#4081
I might kill somebody if blizzard dont send me an beta invitation. Oh yes, I'm serious.
It aint easy being crazy
NotJack
Profile Joined December 2009
United States737 Posts
August 08 2011 04:45 GMT
#4082
On August 08 2011 13:22 NoobSkills wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2011 12:48 NotJack wrote:
On August 08 2011 12:27 TheAngelofDeath wrote:
Who needs a job? I play Diablo 3 and sell all my wares for real money.


In the first few weeks people will make insanely inflated money off of it for sure.


Just like D2 LOD ladder season now. Like always. Now, the issue is what is the endgame plan for D3? A WoW setting where they keep adding 10 levels skills and stuff to do? Or will even the most godly if items be worth 10 cents 2 months in because ladder never resets and never will and there is an abundance of everything because anyone can trade with everyone.


I'm hoping they do something more than just add new acts too. Without knowing how hard Inferno will be, it'd be really cool if they make Hell Unleashed difficulty challenges.
NotJack
Profile Joined December 2009
United States737 Posts
August 08 2011 04:50 GMT
#4083
On August 08 2011 13:20 Dapper_Cad wrote:

Holding a political position and being unable to read or comprehend arguments do not go well together. I don't see any point in rebuting anything except your first assumption. "This is why people who didn't play D2 shouldn't be posting/nerd raging.". pretty much the first game I played online was diablo 1. The famous "It's ready when it's ready" line of blizzards started being used when they were making diablo 2. I remember because I waited through the 18 months between the first realease date given and when the game actually went gold. I remember corpse explosion being broken and hammerdins.... etc. etc. credentials, credentials.... yawn.


That's not even rebutting my first point, which was saying if they got rid of trading (which is ridiculous and they said they aren't anyways) people could just drop stuff on the ground, and people wouldn't trade via AH for 1g because it would be so prevalent people would get stuff stolen. I believe you when you say you've played Diablo, but the points you made previously aren't conducive to that type of person.
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
August 08 2011 05:18 GMT
#4084
The only thing that concerns me is that Blizzard seems to be working on the small things, while largely ignoring the bigger problems with the game. That is, PvP and PvM balance is so screwed up, and IMO it is fundamentally unsound for this stage of development (I played at an open demonstration a while back, but they haven't announced fundamental changes, which scares me).

In particular, the Monk seems fundamentally unsound. Remember in TBC where Ret was the worst DPS spec in the game but could still randomly kill anyone in 3 seconds from 100%? That is the Monk. It is basically balanced on the edge of a knife, which is not a good way for a class to be balanced.
Freeeeeeedom
Zimbapina
Profile Joined June 2010
Finland15 Posts
August 08 2011 05:55 GMT
#4085
I for one will not be buying diablo III because of the auction house. I am sorry if it has been mentioned before, but my beef with blizzard is with the way they conduct business. There strategy is becoming ever so aggressive, and the only reason they are getting away with it is because they are BLIZZARD. Having a cash shop in a game with a subscription was a slap in the face already (WoW), but now people can pay blizzard money to become their own little sweatshop employees. Great, just great.

I know I can play the game without using the real money AH, but that is not the point. I just cannot support a company who takes the piss out of its fans and instead of fighting RMT item selling, supports it shamelessly.
Templar.
Profile Joined May 2009
Canada133 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-08 06:06:33
August 08 2011 06:05 GMT
#4086
On August 08 2011 14:55 Zimbapina wrote:
I for one will not be buying diablo III because of the auction house. I am sorry if it has been mentioned before, but my beef with blizzard is with the way they conduct business. There strategy is becoming ever so aggressive, and the only reason they are getting away with it is because they are BLIZZARD. Having a cash shop in a game with a subscription was a slap in the face already (WoW), but now people can pay blizzard money to become their own little sweatshop employees. Great, just great.

I know I can play the game without using the real money AH, but that is not the point. I just cannot support a company who takes the piss out of its fans and instead of fighting RMT item selling, supports it shamelessly.


You do realize that there is countless diablo 2, as well as other gaming websites dedicated to the exact thing blizzard is going to be doing in diablo iii? You don't have to pay to use the AH, they've said you get free weekly listings.. as well as there is a in-game gold AH too. Considering that items being bought for money, or site currencies which cost money are so prevalent in Diablo II Blizzard's actually offering a easier, safe method of trading in which you won't get scammed or jipped off like so many do on other forum trading sites.

edit: Oh, and there are countless Korean MMO's that have already implemented this system.. so no, it's not they can get away with it because "they are blizzard"
NotJack
Profile Joined December 2009
United States737 Posts
August 08 2011 06:05 GMT
#4087
On August 08 2011 14:55 Zimbapina wrote:
I for one will not be buying diablo III because of the auction house. I am sorry if it has been mentioned before, but my beef with blizzard is with the way they conduct business. There strategy is becoming ever so aggressive, and the only reason they are getting away with it is because they are BLIZZARD. Having a cash shop in a game with a subscription was a slap in the face already (WoW), but now people can pay blizzard money to become their own little sweatshop employees. Great, just great.

I know I can play the game without using the real money AH, but that is not the point. I just cannot support a company who takes the piss out of its fans and instead of fighting RMT item selling, supports it shamelessly.


Sorry that you can't look past that one thing dude, sucks you're going to miss an awesome game. Glad to see you made an account though =D
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
August 08 2011 06:07 GMT
#4088
On August 08 2011 15:05 Templar. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2011 14:55 Zimbapina wrote:
I for one will not be buying diablo III because of the auction house. I am sorry if it has been mentioned before, but my beef with blizzard is with the way they conduct business. There strategy is becoming ever so aggressive, and the only reason they are getting away with it is because they are BLIZZARD. Having a cash shop in a game with a subscription was a slap in the face already (WoW), but now people can pay blizzard money to become their own little sweatshop employees. Great, just great.

I know I can play the game without using the real money AH, but that is not the point. I just cannot support a company who takes the piss out of its fans and instead of fighting RMT item selling, supports it shamelessly.


You do realize that there is countless diablo 2, as well as other gaming websites dedicated to the exact thing blizzard is going to be doing in diablo iii? You don't have to pay to use the AH, they've said you get free weekly listings.. as well as there is a in-game gold AH too. Considering that items being bought for money, or site currencies which cost money are so prevalent in Diablo II Blizzard's actually offering a easier, safe method of trading in which you won't get scammed or jipped off like so many do on other forum trading sites.


Eh... I don't think people get scammed that often on d2jsp in the least. I only recall being scammed once, and the guy was banned like a week later. Afterwards they split all his FG between me and another who he scammed.

But several of those item selling ones could be sketchy.
NotJack
Profile Joined December 2009
United States737 Posts
August 08 2011 06:09 GMT
#4089
On August 08 2011 15:07 iCanada wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2011 15:05 Templar. wrote:
On August 08 2011 14:55 Zimbapina wrote:
I for one will not be buying diablo III because of the auction house. I am sorry if it has been mentioned before, but my beef with blizzard is with the way they conduct business. There strategy is becoming ever so aggressive, and the only reason they are getting away with it is because they are BLIZZARD. Having a cash shop in a game with a subscription was a slap in the face already (WoW), but now people can pay blizzard money to become their own little sweatshop employees. Great, just great.

I know I can play the game without using the real money AH, but that is not the point. I just cannot support a company who takes the piss out of its fans and instead of fighting RMT item selling, supports it shamelessly.


You do realize that there is countless diablo 2, as well as other gaming websites dedicated to the exact thing blizzard is going to be doing in diablo iii? You don't have to pay to use the AH, they've said you get free weekly listings.. as well as there is a in-game gold AH too. Considering that items being bought for money, or site currencies which cost money are so prevalent in Diablo II Blizzard's actually offering a easier, safe method of trading in which you won't get scammed or jipped off like so many do on other forum trading sites.


Eh... I don't think people get scammed that often on d2jsp in the least. I only recall being scammed once, and the guy was banned like a week later. Afterwards they split all his FG between me and another who he scammed.

But several of those item selling ones could be sketchy.


Pretty tough to argue that a third party handling RMT can be better than Blizzard...
Templar.
Profile Joined May 2009
Canada133 Posts
August 08 2011 06:10 GMT
#4090
On August 08 2011 15:07 iCanada wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2011 15:05 Templar. wrote:
On August 08 2011 14:55 Zimbapina wrote:
I for one will not be buying diablo III because of the auction house. I am sorry if it has been mentioned before, but my beef with blizzard is with the way they conduct business. There strategy is becoming ever so aggressive, and the only reason they are getting away with it is because they are BLIZZARD. Having a cash shop in a game with a subscription was a slap in the face already (WoW), but now people can pay blizzard money to become their own little sweatshop employees. Great, just great.

I know I can play the game without using the real money AH, but that is not the point. I just cannot support a company who takes the piss out of its fans and instead of fighting RMT item selling, supports it shamelessly.


You do realize that there is countless diablo 2, as well as other gaming websites dedicated to the exact thing blizzard is going to be doing in diablo iii? You don't have to pay to use the AH, they've said you get free weekly listings.. as well as there is a in-game gold AH too. Considering that items being bought for money, or site currencies which cost money are so prevalent in Diablo II Blizzard's actually offering a easier, safe method of trading in which you won't get scammed or jipped off like so many do on other forum trading sites.


Eh... I don't think people get scammed that often on d2jsp in the least. I only recall being scammed once, and the guy was banned like a week later. Afterwards they split all his FG between me and another who he scammed.

But several of those item selling ones could be sketchy.


Well, not to be ignorant but D2jsp's mod's are to be truthful.. useless.
There are TONS of scammers that have 5+ topics of them with decent evidence and yet they seem to do nothing, specifically when the accused user is a donor. Also, even when banned you can simply make another account from a different ip and continue to scam(even on the same i.p address as you're banned account)
Zimbapina
Profile Joined June 2010
Finland15 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-08 06:15:31
August 08 2011 06:14 GMT
#4091
On August 08 2011 15:05 Templar. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2011 14:55 Zimbapina wrote:
I for one will not be buying diablo III because of the auction house. I am sorry if it has been mentioned before, but my beef with blizzard is with the way they conduct business. There strategy is becoming ever so aggressive, and the only reason they are getting away with it is because they are BLIZZARD. Having a cash shop in a game with a subscription was a slap in the face already (WoW), but now people can pay blizzard money to become their own little sweatshop employees. Great, just great.

I know I can play the game without using the real money AH, but that is not the point. I just cannot support a company who takes the piss out of its fans and instead of fighting RMT item selling, supports it shamelessly.


You do realize that there is countless diablo 2, as well as other gaming websites dedicated to the exact thing blizzard is going to be doing in diablo iii? You don't have to pay to use the AH, they've said you get free weekly listings.. as well as there is a in-game gold AH too. Considering that items being bought for money, or site currencies which cost money are so prevalent in Diablo II Blizzard's actually offering a easier, safe method of trading in which you won't get scammed or jipped off like so many do on other forum trading sites.

edit: Oh, and there are countless Korean MMO's that have already implemented this system.. so no, it's not they can get away with it because "they are blizzard"


Yes, I know about the item selling websites, that was my point. Instead of fighting the illegal transactions, blizzard is taking " a slice of every piece of cake". They are basically saying, if you can't beat them, join them.

Yes, you get free listings, but to my knowledge they still take a fee from a successful sale, at least that has been stated on various sites reporting about the system. And if they do let you post stuff for free, wouldn't everyone be using it, so you wouldn't have a lot of stuff on the in-game currency AH ? See how it is a win-win situation for them. At the moment it seems like they are making in-game currency totally useless.

Well, I am not Korean, so I am pretty sure I cannot play those games you mentioned, which are using the same kind of transactions. How are they using it in Korea by the way, just out of interest ? I am not trying to flame.

Zimbapina
Profile Joined June 2010
Finland15 Posts
August 08 2011 06:17 GMT
#4092
On August 08 2011 15:05 NotJack wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2011 14:55 Zimbapina wrote:
I for one will not be buying diablo III because of the auction house. I am sorry if it has been mentioned before, but my beef with blizzard is with the way they conduct business. There strategy is becoming ever so aggressive, and the only reason they are getting away with it is because they are BLIZZARD. Having a cash shop in a game with a subscription was a slap in the face already (WoW), but now people can pay blizzard money to become their own little sweatshop employees. Great, just great.

I know I can play the game without using the real money AH, but that is not the point. I just cannot support a company who takes the piss out of its fans and instead of fighting RMT item selling, supports it shamelessly.


Sorry that you can't look past that one thing dude, sucks you're going to miss an awesome game. Glad to see you made an account though =D


Yeah, I just wanted to contribute to the conversation.
I will actually buy torchlight 2, which is basically made by the same people as diablo 1 and 2. :D
Dox
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia1199 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-08 06:24:26
August 08 2011 06:23 GMT
#4093
On August 08 2011 15:14 Zimbapina wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2011 15:05 Templar. wrote:
On August 08 2011 14:55 Zimbapina wrote:
I for one will not be buying diablo III because of the auction house. I am sorry if it has been mentioned before, but my beef with blizzard is with the way they conduct business. There strategy is becoming ever so aggressive, and the only reason they are getting away with it is because they are BLIZZARD. Having a cash shop in a game with a subscription was a slap in the face already (WoW), but now people can pay blizzard money to become their own little sweatshop employees. Great, just great.

I know I can play the game without using the real money AH, but that is not the point. I just cannot support a company who takes the piss out of its fans and instead of fighting RMT item selling, supports it shamelessly.


You do realize that there is countless diablo 2, as well as other gaming websites dedicated to the exact thing blizzard is going to be doing in diablo iii? You don't have to pay to use the AH, they've said you get free weekly listings.. as well as there is a in-game gold AH too. Considering that items being bought for money, or site currencies which cost money are so prevalent in Diablo II Blizzard's actually offering a easier, safe method of trading in which you won't get scammed or jipped off like so many do on other forum trading sites.

edit: Oh, and there are countless Korean MMO's that have already implemented this system.. so no, it's not they can get away with it because "they are blizzard"


Yes, I know about the item selling websites, that was my point. Instead of fighting the illegal transactions, blizzard is taking " a slice of every piece of cake". They are basically saying, if you can't beat them, join them.

Yes, you get free listings, but to my knowledge they still take a fee from a successful sale, at least that has been stated on various sites reporting about the system. And if they do let you post stuff for free, wouldn't everyone be using it, so you wouldn't have a lot of stuff on the in-game currency AH ? See how it is a win-win situation for them. At the moment it seems like they are making in-game currency totally useless.

Well, I am not Korean, so I am pretty sure I cannot play those games you mentioned, which are using the same kind of transactions. How are they using it in Korea by the way, just out of interest ? I am not trying to flame.


So essentially what you're saying is:
Because Blizzard is protecting their customers, you refuse to be a Blizzard customer anymore. Herp to the derp bro.
@NvDox | Plantronics Nv: Rossi . mOOnGLaDe . deth . JazBas | @NvSC2 | @NvCoD | @NvLeague | @NvHearthstone | @NvDotA2 | @PLT_MF
Templar.
Profile Joined May 2009
Canada133 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-08 06:26:23
August 08 2011 06:25 GMT
#4094
On August 08 2011 15:14 Zimbapina wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2011 15:05 Templar. wrote:
On August 08 2011 14:55 Zimbapina wrote:
I for one will not be buying diablo III because of the auction house. I am sorry if it has been mentioned before, but my beef with blizzard is with the way they conduct business. There strategy is becoming ever so aggressive, and the only reason they are getting away with it is because they are BLIZZARD. Having a cash shop in a game with a subscription was a slap in the face already (WoW), but now people can pay blizzard money to become their own little sweatshop employees. Great, just great.

I know I can play the game without using the real money AH, but that is not the point. I just cannot support a company who takes the piss out of its fans and instead of fighting RMT item selling, supports it shamelessly.


You do realize that there is countless diablo 2, as well as other gaming websites dedicated to the exact thing blizzard is going to be doing in diablo iii? You don't have to pay to use the AH, they've said you get free weekly listings.. as well as there is a in-game gold AH too. Considering that items being bought for money, or site currencies which cost money are so prevalent in Diablo II Blizzard's actually offering a easier, safe method of trading in which you won't get scammed or jipped off like so many do on other forum trading sites.

edit: Oh, and there are countless Korean MMO's that have already implemented this system.. so no, it's not they can get away with it because "they are blizzard"


Yes, I know about the item selling websites, that was my point. Instead of fighting the illegal transactions, blizzard is taking " a slice of every piece of cake". They are basically saying, if you can't beat them, join them.

Yes, you get free listings, but to my knowledge they still take a fee from a successful sale, at least that has been stated on various sites reporting about the system. And if they do let you post stuff for free, wouldn't everyone be using it, so you wouldn't have a lot of stuff on the in-game currency AH ? See how it is a win-win situation for them. At the moment it seems like they are making in-game currency totally useless.

Well, I am not Korean, so I am pretty sure I cannot play those games you mentioned, which are using the same kind of transactions. How are they using it in Korea by the way, just out of interest ? I am not trying to flame.


I just don't see why people are so upset about this, in Diablo 2 the average gamer wouldn't have high end gear.. unless he used other sources to obtain them(money,forum,etc..) there should still be a large enough casual gamer base in diablo 3 to have a in-game gold auction house that will be able to supply the casual gamer with his needs if he does not wish to purchase items with real money(and seeing as how so many are complaining about the real money ah, i don't see why that isnt a very reasonable assumption). Whilst the most competitive gamers played enough to be able to acquire high-end items,(and i'm talking about like .08,.09 rares... not uniques and unperm scs/gcs.) or would of course spend money on the sites that are so prevalent now, yes blizzard may be taking a small slice of that "cake" but, if they did not any other of the multiple websites would do the exact same thing, with might i add much more chance of being scammed etc.
Zimbapina
Profile Joined June 2010
Finland15 Posts
August 08 2011 06:25 GMT
#4095
Executive producer Rob Pardo replied: “Theoretically that’s true, but I mean there’s really nothing… what’s the difference between a player that plays the game a lot and a gold farmer? I mean they’re really doing the same activity.”

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/08/02/blizzard-on-diablo-3-gold-farmers-and-players-really-doing-the-same-activity/

I don't know even what to think about these kind of statements. I mean yes, both are playing the game, but for totally different reasons. The other one is making a living, while the other one is playing it for fun. Won't the farmers know have legal means of selling the farmed items ? Or, depending on blizzards cut, illegal sites will still run rampant.
NotJack
Profile Joined December 2009
United States737 Posts
August 08 2011 06:26 GMT
#4096
On August 08 2011 15:17 Zimbapina wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2011 15:05 NotJack wrote:
On August 08 2011 14:55 Zimbapina wrote:
I for one will not be buying diablo III because of the auction house. I am sorry if it has been mentioned before, but my beef with blizzard is with the way they conduct business. There strategy is becoming ever so aggressive, and the only reason they are getting away with it is because they are BLIZZARD. Having a cash shop in a game with a subscription was a slap in the face already (WoW), but now people can pay blizzard money to become their own little sweatshop employees. Great, just great.

I know I can play the game without using the real money AH, but that is not the point. I just cannot support a company who takes the piss out of its fans and instead of fighting RMT item selling, supports it shamelessly.


Sorry that you can't look past that one thing dude, sucks you're going to miss an awesome game. Glad to see you made an account though =D


Yeah, I just wanted to contribute to the conversation.
I will actually buy torchlight 2, which is basically made by the same people as diablo 1 and 2. :D


I know a few people who are like that, I'm definitely getting both although I might get Torchlight on the console to nerd it up with rl friends.
Templar.
Profile Joined May 2009
Canada133 Posts
August 08 2011 06:28 GMT
#4097
On August 08 2011 15:25 Zimbapina wrote:
Executive producer Rob Pardo replied: “Theoretically that’s true, but I mean there’s really nothing… what’s the difference between a player that plays the game a lot and a gold farmer? I mean they’re really doing the same activity.”

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/08/02/blizzard-on-diablo-3-gold-farmers-and-players-really-doing-the-same-activity/

I don't know even what to think about these kind of statements. I mean yes, both are playing the game, but for totally different reasons. The other one is making a living, while the other one is playing it for fun. Won't the farmers know have legal means of selling the farmed items ? Or, depending on blizzards cut, illegal sites will still run rampant.

If blizzard's "cut" was high, than no one besides gold farmers and highly competitive pvp players would bother to even use it, virtually making it useless and having low profits. They also said in a interview that the fee would be the same no matter what the worth of the item you are selling.. so it must be a low amount.
Zimbapina
Profile Joined June 2010
Finland15 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-08 06:33:45
August 08 2011 06:30 GMT
#4098
On August 08 2011 15:23 Dox wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2011 15:14 Zimbapina wrote:
On August 08 2011 15:05 Templar. wrote:
On August 08 2011 14:55 Zimbapina wrote:
I for one will not be buying diablo III because of the auction house. I am sorry if it has been mentioned before, but my beef with blizzard is with the way they conduct business. There strategy is becoming ever so aggressive, and the only reason they are getting away with it is because they are BLIZZARD. Having a cash shop in a game with a subscription was a slap in the face already (WoW), but now people can pay blizzard money to become their own little sweatshop employees. Great, just great.

I know I can play the game without using the real money AH, but that is not the point. I just cannot support a company who takes the piss out of its fans and instead of fighting RMT item selling, supports it shamelessly.


You do realize that there is countless diablo 2, as well as other gaming websites dedicated to the exact thing blizzard is going to be doing in diablo iii? You don't have to pay to use the AH, they've said you get free weekly listings.. as well as there is a in-game gold AH too. Considering that items being bought for money, or site currencies which cost money are so prevalent in Diablo II Blizzard's actually offering a easier, safe method of trading in which you won't get scammed or jipped off like so many do on other forum trading sites.

edit: Oh, and there are countless Korean MMO's that have already implemented this system.. so no, it's not they can get away with it because "they are blizzard"


Yes, I know about the item selling websites, that was my point. Instead of fighting the illegal transactions, blizzard is taking " a slice of every piece of cake". They are basically saying, if you can't beat them, join them.

Yes, you get free listings, but to my knowledge they still take a fee from a successful sale, at least that has been stated on various sites reporting about the system. And if they do let you post stuff for free, wouldn't everyone be using it, so you wouldn't have a lot of stuff on the in-game currency AH ? See how it is a win-win situation for them. At the moment it seems like they are making in-game currency totally useless.

Well, I am not Korean, so I am pretty sure I cannot play those games you mentioned, which are using the same kind of transactions. How are they using it in Korea by the way, just out of interest ? I am not trying to flame.


So essentially what you're saying is:
Because Blizzard is protecting their customers, you refuse to be a Blizzard customer anymore. Herp to the derp bro.


Protecting their customers from what ? From their money ? I understand this site maybe a bad place to try and have a decent discussion where people have well supported arguments, but can you elaborate ? And also, won't people now have money on their accounts if they get hacked ? That's something to be worried about too, because of blizzards popularity it attracts a lot of hackers, now even more so.

Zimbapina
Profile Joined June 2010
Finland15 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-08 06:36:20
August 08 2011 06:33 GMT
#4099
On August 08 2011 15:25 Templar. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2011 15:14 Zimbapina wrote:
On August 08 2011 15:05 Templar. wrote:
On August 08 2011 14:55 Zimbapina wrote:
I for one will not be buying diablo III because of the auction house. I am sorry if it has been mentioned before, but my beef with blizzard is with the way they conduct business. There strategy is becoming ever so aggressive, and the only reason they are getting away with it is because they are BLIZZARD. Having a cash shop in a game with a subscription was a slap in the face already (WoW), but now people can pay blizzard money to become their own little sweatshop employees. Great, just great.

I know I can play the game without using the real money AH, but that is not the point. I just cannot support a company who takes the piss out of its fans and instead of fighting RMT item selling, supports it shamelessly.


You do realize that there is countless diablo 2, as well as other gaming websites dedicated to the exact thing blizzard is going to be doing in diablo iii? You don't have to pay to use the AH, they've said you get free weekly listings.. as well as there is a in-game gold AH too. Considering that items being bought for money, or site currencies which cost money are so prevalent in Diablo II Blizzard's actually offering a easier, safe method of trading in which you won't get scammed or jipped off like so many do on other forum trading sites.

edit: Oh, and there are countless Korean MMO's that have already implemented this system.. so no, it's not they can get away with it because "they are blizzard"


Yes, I know about the item selling websites, that was my point. Instead of fighting the illegal transactions, blizzard is taking " a slice of every piece of cake". They are basically saying, if you can't beat them, join them.

Yes, you get free listings, but to my knowledge they still take a fee from a successful sale, at least that has been stated on various sites reporting about the system. And if they do let you post stuff for free, wouldn't everyone be using it, so you wouldn't have a lot of stuff on the in-game currency AH ? See how it is a win-win situation for them. At the moment it seems like they are making in-game currency totally useless.

Well, I am not Korean, so I am pretty sure I cannot play those games you mentioned, which are using the same kind of transactions. How are they using it in Korea by the way, just out of interest ? I am not trying to flame.


I just don't see why people are so upset about this, in Diablo 2 the average gamer wouldn't have high end gear.. unless he used other sources to obtain them(money,forum,etc..) there should still be a large enough casual gamer base in diablo 3 to have a in-game gold auction house that will be able to supply the casual gamer with his needs if he does not wish to purchase items with real money(and seeing as how so many are complaining about the real money ah, i don't see why that isnt a very reasonable assumption). Whilst the most competitive gamers played enough to be able to acquire high-end items,(and i'm talking about like .08,.09 rares... not uniques and unperm scs/gcs.) or would of course spend money on the sites that are so prevalent now, yes blizzard may be taking a small slice of that "cake" but, if they did not any other of the multiple websites would do the exact same thing, with might i add much more chance of being scammed etc.


But if you're a casual player, wouldn't it be more useful to post good drops in the real money AH, since you can do it for free ? You can use the obtained money on other blizzard games which are bound to our bnet account, or withdraw the money.
Zimbapina
Profile Joined June 2010
Finland15 Posts
August 08 2011 06:36 GMT
#4100
On August 08 2011 15:28 Templar. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2011 15:25 Zimbapina wrote:
Executive producer Rob Pardo replied: “Theoretically that’s true, but I mean there’s really nothing… what’s the difference between a player that plays the game a lot and a gold farmer? I mean they’re really doing the same activity.”

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/08/02/blizzard-on-diablo-3-gold-farmers-and-players-really-doing-the-same-activity/

I don't know even what to think about these kind of statements. I mean yes, both are playing the game, but for totally different reasons. The other one is making a living, while the other one is playing it for fun. Won't the farmers know have legal means of selling the farmed items ? Or, depending on blizzards cut, illegal sites will still run rampant.

If blizzard's "cut" was high, than no one besides gold farmers and highly competitive pvp players would bother to even use it, virtually making it useless and having low profits. They also said in a interview that the fee would be the same no matter what the worth of the item you are selling.. so it must be a low amount.


Yes, I read this too. And it would make sense to keep the slice small, so that there would be no use in using third party sites.
Prev 1 203 204 205 206 207 1109 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings130
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 188
NeuroSwarm 176
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 177
hero 111
sorry 47
Mind 29
Bale 20
Terrorterran 18
ZergMaN 12
Icarus 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever939
League of Legends
JimRising 717
Counter-Strike
taco 442
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King144
Other Games
summit1g9903
Maynarde201
ArmadaUGS49
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick514
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 7
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH242
• Hupsaiya 131
• practicex 38
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota289
League of Legends
• Rush1268
• Stunt270
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 20m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
6h 20m
Monday Night Weeklies
11h 20m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 19h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.