• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:09
CEST 04:09
KST 11:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)24Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8458 users

League of Legends [New forum, check OP!] - Page 68

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 66 67 68 69 70 1431 Next
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
June 19 2010 23:48 GMT
#1341
On June 20 2010 07:58 Chairman Ray wrote:
I just started playing today, and I must say that LoL is really fun. The people in LiquidParty are really helpful.

Is it a good idea to do practice games til lvl 30, and then do normal games, or go normal games asap?


Just go normal IMO. You're level 1, so you'll be with other scrubs.
emucxg
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Finland4559 Posts
June 19 2010 23:57 GMT
#1342
lost 3 games in row -.-
i'm done with random ppl.
Frolossus
Profile Joined February 2010
United States4779 Posts
June 20 2010 00:09 GMT
#1343
practice games don't hardly give you exp so it would take like a year to get to level 30.
go with normal matches
Zato-1
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Chile4253 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-20 01:48:20
June 20 2010 01:42 GMT
#1344
On June 20 2010 07:58 Chairman Ray wrote:
I just started playing today, and I must say that LoL is really fun. The people in LiquidParty are really helpful.

Is it a good idea to do practice games til lvl 30, and then do normal games, or go normal games asap?

You only gain exp / IP for the first 4 or so practice games in any given day, and even those give roughly only 50% of the total exp / IP that you get from winning a regular game. Also, the first win of the day (on a normal game or arranged team game) will give you something like 2.7x as much exp / IP as a regular win.

Finally, as fun as it is to watch Alistar bot and Soraka bot die repeatedly to turret fire as they walk back and forth ineffectually, the only way Practice games help you improve at the game is by giving you a rough idea of how things work- and by things, I mean champions and items.

You want to figure out why Dr. Mundo hits like a truck without any damage items? Or how come Zilean can use his bomb ability twice in a row? Or why Twisted Fate always seems to get 'lucky' and get the stun card when he's fighting you? Then try the champions out in a practice game, see how their skills work out; it helps a lot for when you have to fight against them later on. I routinely try out the free champions in practice games every week; I always learn something new when trying out a champion for the first time, which in turn helps me deal with those champions when I'm fighting against them (or it can help my team synergy when they're on my team- such as getting close enough to my low HP Kat ally who's running away, looking for a target to Shunpo onto).

Unless you're trying out a champion to see how they work (or a different build for a familiar champion), or maybe a new item build- you should be playing normal games or arranged team games. It's the only way you're going to get a feel for how the game is actually played, and the fastest way for you to get better- both in terms of skill and summoner power through higher IP / exp gain. The matchmaking of this game makes it so that you should win roughly half of your games anyway, by pairing you against opponents of a similar level.
Go here http://vina.biobiochile.cl/ and input the Konami Code (up up down down left right left right B A)
HeavOnEarth
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States7087 Posts
June 20 2010 01:47 GMT
#1345
On June 20 2010 08:09 GreEny K wrote:
Someone make a freaking guide for Annie damn it! I started using her lately but there aren't any good guides out.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=129727&currentpage=14#264
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=129727&currentpage=14#272
"come korea next time... FXO house... 10 korean, 10 korean"
Orpheos
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1663 Posts
June 20 2010 01:52 GMT
#1346
On June 20 2010 08:48 Fruscainte wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 20 2010 07:58 Chairman Ray wrote:
I just started playing today, and I must say that LoL is really fun. The people in LiquidParty are really helpful.

Is it a good idea to do practice games til lvl 30, and then do normal games, or go normal games asap?


Just go normal IMO. You're level 1, so you'll be with other scrubs.


plus whether you win or lose you will still be getting more exp and ip than practice. practice is more for once you get to mid or high elo, and you are trying out a new hero
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
June 20 2010 02:07 GMT
#1347
On June 20 2010 07:28 radmax86 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 20 2010 04:20 Mogwai wrote:
Yes, he is bugged, but if I hear one more motherfucker tell me that I'm playing the brokest character in the game cause I do more than 3 x as much damage as I should, I think I'm going to fucking explode. Can you imagine how fucking terrible the character design on a pantheon that only tickles with Heartseeker would be? [/rage]


You main a broken character that deals far more burst damage then the game designers intended, get over it.

I know it has existed for a long tine, but I think it deserves a hotfix asap, even if doing so makes him worse than eve. They can worry about buffing him in the next patch. Seriously, there are a TON of pantheons out there right now that intentionally abuse the hell out of this bug and every time I get hit by a HSS I imagine the giant shit-eating grin on their face. Fuck, it makes me mad. >_<

see this is the shit I'm talking about

far more?

hmm, let's say I open long sword the sake of being as abusive as I can. I also take brute force and flat damage quints too, that's +20 damage.

it should be 20 * .36 more = 7.2 more damage per hit
instead it's 20 more per hit

so a total of 65 more damage on my 30 second CD nuke when I'm trying as hard as possible to abuse it early.

let's say I farm a BF Sword by level 9 when I have maxed it.

it should now be 70 * .6 more = 48 more damage per hit
instead it's 70 more

so now a total of 110 more.

I'm trying as hard as I can to abuse it in the early to mid game when people are bitching so hard and I'm still only doing 110 more damage than I'm supposed to... on a 22 second CD. Is it insignificant? no, but it's far from the game breaking shit that people think it is, especially since he's still not that great a character.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
rredtooth
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
5464 Posts
June 20 2010 02:44 GMT
#1348
On June 20 2010 11:07 Mogwai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 20 2010 07:28 radmax86 wrote:
On June 20 2010 04:20 Mogwai wrote:
Yes, he is bugged, but if I hear one more motherfucker tell me that I'm playing the brokest character in the game cause I do more than 3 x as much damage as I should, I think I'm going to fucking explode. Can you imagine how fucking terrible the character design on a pantheon that only tickles with Heartseeker would be? [/rage]


You main a broken character that deals far more burst damage then the game designers intended, get over it.

I know it has existed for a long tine, but I think it deserves a hotfix asap, even if doing so makes him worse than eve. They can worry about buffing him in the next patch. Seriously, there are a TON of pantheons out there right now that intentionally abuse the hell out of this bug and every time I get hit by a HSS I imagine the giant shit-eating grin on their face. Fuck, it makes me mad. >_<

see this is the shit I'm talking about

far more?

hmm, let's say I open long sword the sake of being as abusive as I can. I also take brute force and flat damage quints too, that's +20 damage.

it should be 20 * .36 more = 7.2 more damage per hit
instead it's 20 more per hit

so a total of 65 more damage on my 30 second CD nuke when I'm trying as hard as possible to abuse it early.

let's say I farm a BF Sword by level 9 when I have maxed it.

it should now be 70 * .6 more = 48 more damage per hit
instead it's 70 more

so now a total of 110 more.

I'm trying as hard as I can to abuse it in the early to mid game when people are bitching so hard and I'm still only doing 110 more damage than I'm supposed to... on a 22 second CD. Is it insignificant? no, but it's far from the game breaking shit that people think it is, especially since he's still not that great a character.
[formerly sponsored by the artist formerly known as Gene]
MrBitter
Profile Joined January 2008
United States2940 Posts
June 20 2010 03:07 GMT
#1349
Fun story:

Went to buy 9 mana regen per level seals today. Made my purchase. Opened my rune book. 9 brand new mana per level seals stare back at me.

FFFFFFFF

=\
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
June 20 2010 03:37 GMT
#1350
I had Fraps running last night and was bored this afternoon:









The fights we won still don't make sense to me.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
HazMat
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States17077 Posts
June 20 2010 03:38 GMT
#1351
asdfasdfasdfasdfasdf
Just lost a 100 minute long game. Shaco backdoored us like crazy.
www.youtube.com/user/ShakeDrizzle | League and SSBM content creator | Armada's Youtube Editor
StuffedTurkey
Profile Joined May 2010
United States859 Posts
June 20 2010 03:47 GMT
#1352
On June 20 2010 11:07 Mogwai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 20 2010 07:28 radmax86 wrote:
On June 20 2010 04:20 Mogwai wrote:
Yes, he is bugged, but if I hear one more motherfucker tell me that I'm playing the brokest character in the game cause I do more than 3 x as much damage as I should, I think I'm going to fucking explode. Can you imagine how fucking terrible the character design on a pantheon that only tickles with Heartseeker would be? [/rage]


You main a broken character that deals far more burst damage then the game designers intended, get over it.

I know it has existed for a long tine, but I think it deserves a hotfix asap, even if doing so makes him worse than eve. They can worry about buffing him in the next patch. Seriously, there are a TON of pantheons out there right now that intentionally abuse the hell out of this bug and every time I get hit by a HSS I imagine the giant shit-eating grin on their face. Fuck, it makes me mad. >_<

see this is the shit I'm talking about

far more?

hmm, let's say I open long sword the sake of being as abusive as I can. I also take brute force and flat damage quints too, that's +20 damage.

it should be 20 * .36 more = 7.2 more damage per hit
instead it's 20 more per hit

so a total of 65 more damage on my 30 second CD nuke when I'm trying as hard as possible to abuse it early.

let's say I farm a BF Sword by level 9 when I have maxed it.

it should now be 70 * .6 more = 48 more damage per hit
instead it's 70 more

so now a total of 110 more.

I'm trying as hard as I can to abuse it in the early to mid game when people are bitching so hard and I'm still only doing 110 more damage than I'm supposed to... on a 22 second CD. Is it insignificant? no, but it's far from the game breaking shit that people think it is, especially since he's still not that great a character.



and dont forget thats damage before any armor :p
You can't milk those!
HeavOnEarth
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States7087 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-20 04:24:22
June 20 2010 03:50 GMT
#1353
On June 20 2010 12:37 Southlight wrote:
I had Fraps running last night and was bored this afternoon:

+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veAV5uLWGUE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1-4h_y4r1w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpcGU1EBoCg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlXs5tyIIhM


The fights we won still don't make sense to me.

just started watching.
oh my god the last hitting, or lack of *cringe*
lul kass didnt notice u gettin pwned (when he went to buy)
rofl. 3v4 NP gj with the global heal, at their lizard.. wtf <_<
lool yay. golem steal on heimer made meh happy
the tower dive was fine, the scattering afterwards was fail.
Well, yeah. just pick off that one of two, then start hitting the tower, theres no need to run around avoiding the tower like its a nexus turret( not just u, your entire team.)
you forget to use your consumables ~
well there was that one part where u were ABOUT to die(but didnt), and your health potion was sitting there unused :O

apparently the other team didnt expect u guys to charge and just got caught with their pants down, ;/
janna+ gargas: oh an amumu. lulz D:
"come korea next time... FXO house... 10 korean, 10 korean"
ArC_man
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States2798 Posts
June 20 2010 03:51 GMT
#1354
On June 20 2010 12:07 MrBitter wrote:
Fun story:

Went to buy 9 mana regen per level seals today. Made my purchase. Opened my rune book. 9 brand new mana per level seals stare back at me.

FFFFFFFF

=\

T_T. You didn't notice why your runes were costing double the price?
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
June 20 2010 03:53 GMT
#1355
My last-hitting skills have gone down the drain with projectile-based heroes (ie. Soraka) because I've been so used to melee last-hit (decent base damage and immediate hit) and/or jungling ;p I feel it the most sometimes with Ashe, as I'm terrible with her until like level 4-5 because I constantly overestimated the amount of damage she'll do. I'm also used to playing support heroes that don't really bother to farm (Janna/Soraka). And after a certain point I just get lazy with last-hitting on Soraka because of Starcall >_>
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
Deleted User 50491
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
721 Posts
June 20 2010 04:04 GMT
#1356
anyone who want to play right now hit me up with a pm or add me online my account is Kuoo or (Kuo1) I am not to sure I use Kuo1 to log in tho.
Juicyfruit
Profile Joined May 2008
Canada5484 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-20 04:05:32
June 20 2010 04:04 GMT
#1357
On June 20 2010 12:07 MrBitter wrote:
Fun story:

Went to buy 9 mana regen per level seals today. Made my purchase. Opened my rune book. 9 brand new mana per level seals stare back at me.

FFFFFFFF

=\


They're not that bad actually. Some characters like anivia can make good use of 300 or so extra mana late-game. In contrast, she uses so much mana that regen does practically nothing on her.
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-20 04:25:38
June 20 2010 04:15 GMT
#1358
On June 20 2010 12:50 HeavOnEarth wrote:
the tower dive was fine, the scattering afterwards was fail.
you forget to use your consumables ~


I think the tower dive itself was kinda pointless - the initial tower dive to clear them off tower was fine, but there was no need to keep pressing onward because we just needed to kill the tower.

If you mean the potion, I never needed to use it (I sold it later), if you mean the ward I didn't have a pressing need for it until a bit later. I tend to do that a lot on Soraka because I'm fine with just healing via spells >_>

On June 20 2010 13:04 Juicyfruit wrote:
They're not that bad actually. Some characters like anivia can make good use of 300 or so extra mana late-game. In contrast, she uses so much mana that regen does practically nothing on her.


I don't know, Anivia chews through mana quickly so she may be the one exception, but otherwise you're generally far better off with regen as you can regen like 700 mana in one minute by the end of the game, with pretty much no mana regen items (I routinely hit 50+ mana regen per 5).

On June 20 2010 12:50 HeavOnEarth wrote:
well there was that one part where u were ABOUT to die(but didnt), and your health potion was sitting there unused :O

apparently the other team didnt expect u guys to charge and just got caught with their pants down


Ahh, yeah I did forget about the potion there, although I feel like it wouldn't have made enough of a difference against bodyslam (~300 damage and I was under 100), it's also why I wasn't really cleansing out of his bodyslam early on. In retrospect if I Cleanse'd out of an early one and used the pot it wouldn't have been as close.

There were a couple fights that really confused me, like the 3v4 at our lizard (they had both Grag and Janna there yet our AoE killed them) and their failed push at bot tower later in the game, where I think Janna didn't even use her ult before she died, for no apparent reason. Especially that fight at bot illustrated to me how bad the graphics (and audio) in this game can be, because I watched the fight like 5 times trying to track the Kat and figure out when she started and ended her ult, but I'd always lose track of her and the audio for the ult is glitched, I think.

I definitely felt like having the true initiating tank (Amumu) versus a "meh" initiator in Gragas swung the game, because whenever we were ready we could just "go" while Gragas would have to blow his ult to initiate (thus losing an anti-AoE). It's why I think they really needed a Blitzcrank instead of one of the things they brought, at least.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
Chrispy
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada5878 Posts
June 20 2010 04:26 GMT
#1359
When I play Soraka I usually don't even last hit at all (assuming my laning partner is decent at last hitting.) I just focus all my auto attacks on the enemies champs, slowly picking at their HP and making them hate the fuck out of me. I usually have like 50 creep kills at the end of the game. Haha.

Retvrn to Forvms
GreEny K
Profile Joined February 2008
Germany7312 Posts
June 20 2010 04:27 GMT
#1360
On June 20 2010 10:47 HeavOnEarth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 20 2010 08:09 GreEny K wrote:
Someone make a freaking guide for Annie damn it! I started using her lately but there aren't any good guides out.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=129727&currentpage=14#264
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=129727&currentpage=14#272


<3 thanks.
Why would you ever choose failure, when success is an option.
Prev 1 66 67 68 69 70 1431 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 51m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 148
Nina 76
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13254
Rain 2253
Artosis 636
Dewaltoss 32
NaDa 22
Bale 21
Dota 2
monkeys_forever547
NeuroSwarm161
League of Legends
Doublelift4743
Counter-Strike
taco 527
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1651
ArmadaUGS282
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1296
WinterStarcraft506
Other Games
summit1g7732
Day[9].tv725
JimRising 628
PiGStarcraft189
Maynarde163
C9.Mang0152
ViBE121
ZombieGrub3
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick885
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream148
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 107
• davetesta31
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv725
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
7h 51m
OSC
10h 51m
Stellar Fest
10h 51m
OSC
21h 51m
Stellar Fest
1d 10h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.