• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:03
CEST 22:03
KST 05:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8066 users

League of Legends [New forum, check OP!] - Page 67

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 65 66 67 68 69 1431 Next
rredtooth
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
5464 Posts
June 19 2010 21:26 GMT
#1321
On June 20 2010 06:20 kdgns wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 20 2010 05:50 Southlight wrote:
Backdooring is legal in dota too, and as far as I knew was completely fair game in tournaments. In LoL the devs pretty much bluntly said they welcomed it as a game mechanic, and so while there're some anti-BD measures (such as towers doing more damage with every successive shot) there're also some pro-BD measures (I think towers become easier to kill as the game goes on, etc.)


BD is only allowed for the first 6 towers in dota competitive play, (so high ground towers and rax is off limits) this is because in dota there is high ground advantage so it is entirely possible to defend a high ground 5 man push with ~3 heroes (ES, faceless void, warlock fore example), and have the other backdoor your opponent, making BDing a broken strategy, for example, 5 man push bottom lane, opponent sends clinks to opponent's top lane, other 4 defend high ground, the 5 man can either A) try to push up high ground under a tower and risk a team ace, or Tp back to defend, but they'll come back one at a time, and during the tp time clinkz has already taken down half of the tower's hp, plus the 4 man defending can come down and interrupt any tps.

in LoL, if you send one guy to BD, it becomes a 4v5, which is huge advantage for the 5 man, they'll end up killing the 4 people, downing the tower, and push way faster than you can bd the opponent.


TLDR, BD is imba in dota, not so much in LoL
uhh i don't think so? the lack or highground mechanics wouldn't matter that much since in LoL you end up fighting on the high ground anyways if you're going for a team ace at the inhib tower.

a master yi can take down a tower soooo fast and usually tower+4 is enough to defend against most comps. the way you counter that is figuring out when and where the BDer disappeared to and just warding up the jungle. i've had a recent game where our nexus turrets were down and they had a master yi but we were able to push out since there were literally like 30 wards (2 max stacks of wards per hero) out on the map. if master yi tried to BD, we caught him in his tracks.
[formerly sponsored by the artist formerly known as Gene]
Shizuru~
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Malaysia1676 Posts
June 19 2010 21:42 GMT
#1322
i've been playing alot of Kayle, the usual item build i go is: nashors tooth > guinsoo rageblade > deaths grasp, and running round with the attack speed boots. its works really well through out the whole game with strong attack damage and spell powers. but getting kinda bored of it, is it viable to stack attack damage items with crit to do better dmg while sacrificing ability powers?
MrBitter
Profile Joined January 2008
United States2940 Posts
June 19 2010 21:54 GMT
#1323
Is there a TL chat room in LoL? I always troll this thread, but I've never played or talked to any of you guys!
kdgns
Profile Joined May 2009
United States2427 Posts
June 19 2010 22:16 GMT
#1324
On June 20 2010 06:26 redtooth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 20 2010 06:20 kdgns wrote:
On June 20 2010 05:50 Southlight wrote:
Backdooring is legal in dota too, and as far as I knew was completely fair game in tournaments. In LoL the devs pretty much bluntly said they welcomed it as a game mechanic, and so while there're some anti-BD measures (such as towers doing more damage with every successive shot) there're also some pro-BD measures (I think towers become easier to kill as the game goes on, etc.)


BD is only allowed for the first 6 towers in dota competitive play, (so high ground towers and rax is off limits) this is because in dota there is high ground advantage so it is entirely possible to defend a high ground 5 man push with ~3 heroes (ES, faceless void, warlock fore example), and have the other backdoor your opponent, making BDing a broken strategy, for example, 5 man push bottom lane, opponent sends clinks to opponent's top lane, other 4 defend high ground, the 5 man can either A) try to push up high ground under a tower and risk a team ace, or Tp back to defend, but they'll come back one at a time, and during the tp time clinkz has already taken down half of the tower's hp, plus the 4 man defending can come down and interrupt any tps.

in LoL, if you send one guy to BD, it becomes a 4v5, which is huge advantage for the 5 man, they'll end up killing the 4 people, downing the tower, and push way faster than you can bd the opponent.


TLDR, BD is imba in dota, not so much in LoL
uhh i don't think so? the lack or highground mechanics wouldn't matter that much since in LoL you end up fighting on the high ground anyways if you're going for a team ace at the inhib tower.

a master yi can take down a tower soooo fast and usually tower+4 is enough to defend against most comps. the way you counter that is figuring out when and where the BDer disappeared to and just warding up the jungle. i've had a recent game where our nexus turrets were down and they had a master yi but we were able to push out since there were literally like 30 wards (2 max stacks of wards per hero) out on the map. if master yi tried to BD, we caught him in his tracks.


lack of high ground/defenders advantage is why being aggressive is one of the best ways to counter BD, tower damage is minimal in late game when BD is an issue, so simply powering over the opponent and going straight to the nexus is a great form of using offense as defense, its like going for a base trade with 5 people vs 1 person.

warding and trying to stop a bd is one way to do it, but that means stopping your push and even if wards work for yi BD, how would you ward against stuff like TF bding or shaco
GogoKodo
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Canada1785 Posts
June 19 2010 22:18 GMT
#1325
On June 20 2010 06:54 MrBitter wrote:
Is there a TL chat room in LoL? I always troll this thread, but I've never played or talked to any of you guys!

It's right in the original post.

Where is everyone?
Join LiquidParty!
twitter: @terrancem
StuffedTurkey
Profile Joined May 2010
United States859 Posts
June 19 2010 22:24 GMT
#1326
[image loading]


best game ever
You can't milk those!
radmax86
Profile Joined September 2004
United States437 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-19 22:30:35
June 19 2010 22:28 GMT
#1327
On June 20 2010 04:20 Mogwai wrote:
Yes, he is bugged, but if I hear one more motherfucker tell me that I'm playing the brokest character in the game cause I do more than 3 x as much damage as I should, I think I'm going to fucking explode. Can you imagine how fucking terrible the character design on a pantheon that only tickles with Heartseeker would be? [/rage]


You main a broken character that deals far more burst damage then the game designers intended, get over it.

I know it has existed for a long tine, but I think it deserves a hotfix asap, even if doing so makes him worse than eve. They can worry about buffing him in the next patch. Seriously, there are a TON of pantheons out there right now that intentionally abuse the hell out of this bug and every time I get hit by a HSS I imagine the giant shit-eating grin on their face. Fuck, it makes me mad. >_<
emucxg
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Finland4559 Posts
June 19 2010 22:35 GMT
#1328
Ok im gonna try kayle now, tired with soraka
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
June 19 2010 22:42 GMT
#1329
On June 20 2010 07:35 emucxg wrote:
Ok im gonna try kayle now, tired with soraka


If you want to wreck everybody, focus Reckoning and Righteous Fury

Once I get my sheen, I just start destroying people. Like a Jax I was laning against, I just reckoning + one swipe of righteous fury'd and it took him from about 80% to about 40%. It's so ridiculous.
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
June 19 2010 22:58 GMT
#1330
I just started playing today, and I must say that LoL is really fun. The people in LiquidParty are really helpful.

Is it a good idea to do practice games til lvl 30, and then do normal games, or go normal games asap?
Heyoka
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Katowice25012 Posts
June 19 2010 23:00 GMT
#1331
On June 20 2010 06:54 MrBitter wrote:
Is there a TL chat room in LoL? I always troll this thread, but I've never played or talked to any of you guys!


omg mrbitter

lets play lol together, it will be like old times
@RealHeyoka | ESL / DreamHack StarCraft Lead
StuffedTurkey
Profile Joined May 2010
United States859 Posts
June 19 2010 23:06 GMT
#1332
On June 20 2010 07:28 radmax86 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 20 2010 04:20 Mogwai wrote:
Yes, he is bugged, but if I hear one more motherfucker tell me that I'm playing the brokest character in the game cause I do more than 3 x as much damage as I should, I think I'm going to fucking explode. Can you imagine how fucking terrible the character design on a pantheon that only tickles with Heartseeker would be? [/rage]


You main a broken character that deals far more burst damage then the game designers intended, get over it.

I know it has existed for a long tine, but I think it deserves a hotfix asap, even if doing so makes him worse than eve. They can worry about buffing him in the next patch. Seriously, there are a TON of pantheons out there right now that intentionally abuse the hell out of this bug and every time I get hit by a HSS I imagine the giant shit-eating grin on their face. Fuck, it makes me mad. >_<

QQ moar, hes bugged and does more damage than hes supposed to, but you need to get over yourself too. panths bugged damage isnt OP when ive seen him in games(and no i dont play him, just an outside observation)
Smash's comment was correct, it isnt 3x damage like people keep QQing about, and a lot of times people are QQing at level 3 when he doesnt have damage items yet and the bug isnt even in effect.
people can complain all they want about him but they need to get their facts straight when they do
You can't milk those!
GreEny K
Profile Joined February 2008
Germany7312 Posts
June 19 2010 23:09 GMT
#1333
Someone make a freaking guide for Annie damn it! I started using her lately but there aren't any good guides out.
Why would you ever choose failure, when success is an option.
radmax86
Profile Joined September 2004
United States437 Posts
June 19 2010 23:11 GMT
#1334
get over myself about what?
rredtooth
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
5464 Posts
June 19 2010 23:11 GMT
#1335
On June 20 2010 07:35 emucxg wrote:
Ok im gonna try kayle now, tired with soraka
get GRB
rape towers
win games
[formerly sponsored by the artist formerly known as Gene]
kyzers0ze
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Singapore1073 Posts
June 19 2010 23:24 GMT
#1336
On June 20 2010 07:24 StuffedTurkey wrote:
[image loading]


best game ever

wtf is baikin anal?
8==========))
SnK-Arcbound
Profile Joined March 2005
United States4423 Posts
June 19 2010 23:26 GMT
#1337
On June 20 2010 08:09 GreEny K wrote:
Someone make a freaking guide for Annie damn it! I started using her lately but there aren't any good guides out.


Try WRA's AD annie.
Khenra
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Netherlands885 Posts
June 19 2010 23:32 GMT
#1338
On June 20 2010 08:09 GreEny K wrote:
Someone make a freaking guide for Annie damn it! I started using her lately but there aren't any good guides out.


I posted a short strategy for Annie few pages back when GTR asked for Annie tips. Try finding it
This signature is ruining eSports.
Athos
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States2484 Posts
June 19 2010 23:40 GMT
#1339
Somebody needs to make an updated guide for Corki. All the ones I've found on the internet seem really outdated, and I'm really not sure what items to get. Corki has a lot of cool abillities, and I'm not sure i want to build him completely DPS like I do Tristana.
rredtooth
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
5464 Posts
June 19 2010 23:45 GMT
#1340
On June 20 2010 08:40 Athos wrote:
Somebody needs to make an updated guide for Corki. All the ones I've found on the internet seem really outdated, and I'm really not sure what items to get. Corki has a lot of cool abillities, and I'm not sure i want to build him completely DPS like I do Tristana.
i don't think anybody really knows how to build a truly good corki lol.
[formerly sponsored by the artist formerly known as Gene]
Prev 1 65 66 67 68 69 1431 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 815
SteadfastSC535
EnkiAlexander 63
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 535
ZombieGrub129
JuggernautJason70
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 23994
Soulkey 282
Mini 161
White-Ra 128
Trap 24
ToSsGirL 23
Shine 21
NotJumperer 20
League of Legends
Doublelift606
Counter-Strike
fl0m1330
shoxiejesuss704
C9.Mang0169
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King101
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2508
Liquid`Hasu1968
Other Games
Grubby2823
ArmadaUGS1010
B2W.Neo561
Pyrionflax180
shahzam162
UpATreeSC76
Chillindude63
Dewaltoss55
Trikslyr48
Railgan23
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV191
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream107
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 8
• intothetv
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 35
• Azhi_Dahaki27
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV312
League of Legends
• TFBlade1034
• Noizen248
Other Games
• imaqtpie1139
• Scarra791
• Shiphtur300
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
13h 57m
OSC
16h 57m
Stellar Fest
16h 57m
OSC
1d 3h
Stellar Fest
1d 16h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.