• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:24
CEST 15:24
KST 22:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13202 users

League of Legends [New forum, check OP!] - Page 1140

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1431 Next
Haemonculus
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United States6980 Posts
October 06 2010 15:42 GMT
#22781
Wow anyone else had to download like 3 little mini-patches since yesterday?

Any notes for these or are they just tiny bug fixes?
I admire your commitment to being *very* oily
Shizuru~
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Malaysia1676 Posts
October 06 2010 15:43 GMT
#22782
On October 06 2010 22:55 SHr3DD3r wrote:
How to play on SEA server?


There is no SEA servers.... yet, Garena is working on it to localise the game...
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
October 06 2010 15:45 GMT
#22783
On October 07 2010 00:37 gtrsrs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2010 00:44 Southlight wrote:

I'd expect most of TL to at least be around the 1400 range when all's said and done. Probably more around the 17/1800.


looking back, this is pretty funny


Why? It's probably still true, given that 12/13xx ranked is probably around 14xx normal (consider that I'm in the 16/17xx ranked range and my normal q was capped at 24xx).
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
October 06 2010 15:52 GMT
#22784
I guess I'm one of your outliers then, uta. I don't think you can check your normal ELO anymore but I seem to hover around 10+ games at my best. You wouldn't even want to know what my ranked eLO looks like. ( though I'm sure you could find it quite easily. ). Granted I do not play super competitively; I mostly play with sub-30 friends who aren't particularly good, but I'm sure there are many more TLers in my boat than you account for. Especially due to the casual- favored nature of LoL.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-06 15:57:24
October 06 2010 15:55 GMT
#22785
Edit: iPod double post fail.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
byFd
Profile Joined May 2006
Germany620 Posts
October 06 2010 16:00 GMT
#22786
i can't wait till i finally got my EU account to 30... lvl 28 atm...
wanna give me the hell of solo queue again :D:D
(>°_°)>
cascades
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Singapore6122 Posts
October 06 2010 16:03 GMT
#22787
On October 06 2010 23:16 Southlight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 06 2010 20:27 cascades wrote:
Since high level players are posting here, any guide to improve for us mediocre players that last-hit and ward-buy? People like l0cust could do well to not be bugged .=p


My rants about this topic before:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=129727&currentpage=306#6120
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=129727&currentpage=323#6443

@Neo: placed in wiki


Yeah I have the read both posts before. How about a more specific question - how to catch up as a tank when you are behind (team, personally)? This is something many people have trouble with, from what I am noticing. Initiating is pretty hard when they get bursted down hard and die/run, teammates get cold feet, etc.
HS: cascades#1595 || LoL: stoppin
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
October 06 2010 16:08 GMT
#22788
On October 07 2010 01:03 cascades wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 06 2010 23:16 Southlight wrote:
On October 06 2010 20:27 cascades wrote:
Since high level players are posting here, any guide to improve for us mediocre players that last-hit and ward-buy? People like l0cust could do well to not be bugged .=p


My rants about this topic before:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=129727&currentpage=306#6120
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=129727&currentpage=323#6443

@Neo: placed in wiki


Yeah I have the read both posts before. How about a more specific question - how to catch up as a tank when you are behind (team, personally)? This is something many people have trouble with, from what I am noticing. Initiating is pretty hard when they get bursted down hard and die/run, teammates get cold feet, etc.


Phew, that's a hard one
It depends on what tank, what team composition, how ahead they are, how early you realize you're behind, et cetera. Sometimes there is simply nothing you can do except rely on your teammates (IMO), because your job is too critical to the team and so you never have breathing room. Part of this could be attributed to my playstyle though (jump on the grenade), as it's very common for me to go from highest-level to lowest-level-in-the-game when playing support/tank heroes because I am everywhere, as opposed to properly trying to catch up/get ahead.

Generally as the game goes on there'll always be places to catch up (ie. clearing a creep wave), and if you communicate with your team you can say "let me get this wave" et cetera and if they're looking out for you, they'll say go for it. Or you might defer because your carry is really close to trumping your behind-ness. Or the other team is so far ahead and on top of their wards that you've lost the game just by falling behind in the first place.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
STS17
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1817 Posts
October 06 2010 16:09 GMT
#22789
On October 07 2010 01:03 cascades wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 06 2010 23:16 Southlight wrote:
On October 06 2010 20:27 cascades wrote:
Since high level players are posting here, any guide to improve for us mediocre players that last-hit and ward-buy? People like l0cust could do well to not be bugged .=p


My rants about this topic before:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=129727&currentpage=306#6120
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=129727&currentpage=323#6443

@Neo: placed in wiki


Yeah I have the read both posts before. How about a more specific question - how to catch up as a tank when you are behind (team, personally)? This is something many people have trouble with, from what I am noticing. Initiating is pretty hard when they get bursted down hard and die/run, teammates get cold feet, etc.


If you're the tank and your teammates run when you initiate then I think it's time to find better teammates.

Since that's rather difficult to do however, You need to explain to the team that when malphite charges in and knocks everyone up into the air that is when they should begin blowing their loads and facerolling their QWER keys in an appropriate order.

If that doesn't work then I'm not too sure how to help.

As far as how to catch up as a tank when you're behind, you need to try and farm the best you can, Wraiths Golems and Wolves are on a 1:40 respawn timer so you should be able to pick them up fairly often, try and grab creep waves when you can. But keep in mind it's infinitely more important that you are there in the teamfights and not farming in a different lane.
Platinum Level Terran - Take my advice from that perspective
STS17
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1817 Posts
October 06 2010 16:13 GMT
#22790
I've been debating this in my head and am not sure which to go with:

Should I be running ArPen or ASPD reds on Jungle Olaf? I feel like ArPen would be more useful since his passive keeps him swinging fairly often but I can't decide.

Also, is there a point to spamming his axe in the jungle? I realize it helps you go faster but he jungles pretty quickly already and spamming it always leaves me out of mana.
Platinum Level Terran - Take my advice from that perspective
Scamp
Profile Joined October 2008
United States1086 Posts
October 06 2010 16:41 GMT
#22791
On October 07 2010 01:13 STS17 wrote:
I've been debating this in my head and am not sure which to go with:

Should I be running ArPen or ASPD reds on Jungle Olaf? I feel like ArPen would be more useful since his passive keeps him swinging fairly often but I can't decide.

Also, is there a point to spamming his axe in the jungle? I realize it helps you go faster but he jungles pretty quickly already and spamming it always leaves me out of mana.


You want attack speed. Not only does this help you jungle faster but keeps your health up.

Spam his axe when you have blue buff. If you don't, then use it enough so that you go faster but you'll have MP in case you need it for something that comes up.
Cheese is good for you!
Haemonculus
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United States6980 Posts
October 06 2010 16:43 GMT
#22792
On October 07 2010 01:13 STS17 wrote:

Also, is there a point to spamming his axe in the jungle? I realize it helps you go faster but he jungles pretty quickly already and spamming it always leaves me out of mana.

Generally I spam axe if I have golem buff. If I don't, then no, lol. Pretty simple, but you can't spam it without golem buff.
I admire your commitment to being *very* oily
Earll
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Norway847 Posts
October 06 2010 16:55 GMT
#22793
On October 06 2010 22:07 SHr3DD3r wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 04 2010 04:38 SHr3DD3r wrote:
My friend wants to play LoL but is getting this weird problem. Each time he would try to login - he would get an error and LoL would close. People on the forums said this might be a Windows 7 issue - so he installed XP - same problem there. He made a thread about it on the LoL forums, Riot people said that sometimes there is an issue where the client doesn't update to the latest version (apparently 1.0.0.97) - and he checked that his is 1.0.0.33. But he then asked me and it turns out I also have 1.0.0.33 atm.

Any solutions?

EDIT - New development, now the downloader crashes each time he tries to download the game.

Well interesting enough - I just moved to the same ISP as my friend - and turns out it is just as spinesheath said, the IP is blocked(ISP rather). And proxies aren't working. Luckily I have yet to disconnect my old ISP so I can still play.

Gay



Anyone know anything about this? I Used to live in EU, now i live in thailand (which i guess goes under SEA) and used to be able to play fine on US servers (both from thailand and EU, some slight lag sometimes in thailand but not a huge problem) But now after the patch I cant download patch, nor can i reinstall as far as i can tell. Did they change something to try to force me to play on SEA?
Wat
Iplaythings
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Denmark9110 Posts
October 06 2010 17:00 GMT
#22794
On October 07 2010 00:45 Southlight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 07 2010 00:37 gtrsrs wrote:
On July 17 2010 00:44 Southlight wrote:

I'd expect most of TL to at least be around the 1400 range when all's said and done. Probably more around the 17/1800.


looking back, this is pretty funny


Why? It's probably still true, given that 12/13xx ranked is probably around 14xx normal (consider that I'm in the 16/17xx ranked range and my normal q was capped at 24xx).

Derp, I'd probally be 100+ higher if I ashe'd every game.

Stupid as shit that I dont play my main char at all haha, I wouldnt wonder if anyone else had the problem
In the woods, there lurks..
Niton
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States2395 Posts
October 06 2010 17:03 GMT
#22795
I'd say to queue again 5HIT but the chat service doesn't really want to comply. I can't believe how worthless zilean is atm
tree.hugger: Coming off of [(T)fantasy v. (T)Really] into [(T)Barracks v. (T)MVP] is like coming out of Manhattan into New Jersey. You just have to speed up and ignore it.
barbsq
Profile Joined November 2009
United States5348 Posts
October 06 2010 17:04 GMT
#22796
server stability number 1 priority -.-
Look at this guy, constantly diluting himself! (╮°-°)╮┳━┳ ( ╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
October 06 2010 17:04 GMT
#22797
So Veigar is no longer the worst champion. I'm pretty sure it's Zilean. Cho has also dropped into "unplayable" because of MF.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
STS17
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1817 Posts
October 06 2010 17:05 GMT
#22798
On October 07 2010 01:43 Haemonculus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 07 2010 01:13 STS17 wrote:

Also, is there a point to spamming his axe in the jungle? I realize it helps you go faster but he jungles pretty quickly already and spamming it always leaves me out of mana.

Generally I spam axe if I have golem buff. If I don't, then no, lol. Pretty simple, but you can't spam it without golem buff.


I find myself OOM even with Golem buff, if I spam it 100% of the time
Platinum Level Terran - Take my advice from that perspective
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
October 06 2010 17:05 GMT
#22799
On October 07 2010 02:03 Niton wrote:
I'd say to queue again 5HIT but the chat service doesn't really want to comply. I can't believe how worthless zilean is atm

Ya it's all good, we had the same problem earlier with someone else who played zil and just couldn't do anything at all the whole game because of how bad the char is against the current meta.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
Chrispy
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada5878 Posts
October 06 2010 17:09 GMT
#22800
I don't think Zil was good in any meta, ever. He's only remotely useful when you've got a beefy melee like Olaf or warwick imo.
Retvrn to Forvms
Prev 1 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1431 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
SHIN 225
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings SOOP47
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko354
SHIN 225
ProTech159
CosmosSc2 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 41521
Bisu 2509
Hyuk 1811
Shuttle 1716
EffOrt 468
Soma 440
Mini 414
Larva 396
ZerO 323
firebathero 224
[ Show more ]
Last 116
hero 101
Zeus 63
Pusan 54
Sexy 49
Trap 47
Hyun 47
Killer 46
Bale 44
Hm[arnc] 33
ToSsGirL 28
Aegong 25
PianO 24
zelot 24
sorry 16
Noble 15
yabsab 11
JulyZerg 10
Rock 7
Icarus 6
Sacsri 5
ajuk12(nOOB) 3
Dota 2
Gorgc5719
qojqva1452
Dendi1022
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1052
crisheroes703
Liquid`Hasu267
Other Games
gofns36130
singsing2493
B2W.Neo1194
DeMusliM240
Livibee199
Liquid`VortiX119
Mew2King88
ArmadaUGS75
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream91
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 55
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 6984
League of Legends
• Jankos1741
Other Games
• WagamamaTV232
Upcoming Events
FEL
2h 36m
AI Arena Tournament
3h 36m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5h 36m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 36m
INu's Battles
22h 36m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
Replay Cast
1d 10h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 20h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.