• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:32
CEST 08:32
KST 15:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8892 users

League of Legends [New forum, check OP!] - Page 1138

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1431 Next
rredtooth
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
5464 Posts
October 06 2010 07:46 GMT
#22741
people really don't understand katarina. i refuse to initiate (lol "KAT JUMP IN NOW" so you can get insta-gibbed by 5 heroes!) but shunpo in after the fight starts. i kill kog immediately and start chasing away sona from the fight. at that point it's essentially 4 of my team vs 3 of theirs (kog dead, sona and me playing tag). i kill sona, clean up the fight (4 total deaths on their side but end up dying to vlad at the end for an ace on our team) they somehow lose and yell at me for not being in the middle of the fight ulting for 15 seconds to deal imba damage. i'm play a god damn anti-carry, i did my job as an anti-carry, i get yelled at for being an anti-carry. 0-6 udyr and 1-5 mordekaiser yell at me when i was 7-2 and we end up having a blowout loss. mazinga called me noob despite me having +50 cs on his solo ashe.

=/ this game makes me sad sometimes.
[formerly sponsored by the artist formerly known as Gene]
cascades
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Singapore6122 Posts
October 06 2010 07:48 GMT
#22742
Thing is with kat you need to wait for a good time for your ultimate. To your teammates this time will always be "too late".
HS: cascades#1595 || LoL: stoppin
Shizuru~
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Malaysia1676 Posts
October 06 2010 07:51 GMT
#22743
On October 06 2010 16:46 redtooth wrote:
people really don't understand katarina. i refuse to initiate (lol "KAT JUMP IN NOW" so you can get insta-gibbed by 5 heroes!) but shunpo in after the fight starts. i kill kog immediately and start chasing away sona from the fight. at that point it's essentially 4 of my team vs 3 of theirs (kog dead, sona and me playing tag). i kill sona, clean up the fight (4 total deaths on their side but end up dying to vlad at the end for an ace on our team) they somehow lose and yell at me for not being in the middle of the fight ulting for 15 seconds to deal imba damage. i'm play a god damn anti-carry, i did my job as an anti-carry, i get yelled at for being an anti-carry. 0-6 udyr and 1-5 mordekaiser yell at me when i was 7-2 and we end up having a blowout loss. mazinga called me noob despite me having +50 cs on his solo ashe.

=/ this game makes me sad sometimes.


this issue is not an isolated incident for this game, u will find a shit tonnes of people like that in any online games...

its more of a problem of not having enough selective breeding going on for humanity imo :x

mehh, EU servers are down : /

Ordained
Profile Joined June 2010
United States779 Posts
October 06 2010 08:11 GMT
#22744
On October 06 2010 15:40 red_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 06 2010 14:41 Ordained wrote:
On October 06 2010 09:20 Juicyfruit wrote:
Let's see...

2 cc, 1 is soft, the other is hard but not easy to hit.

His E is a DoT that amplifies his other skills as well as DFG and Ignite, which gives him scaling.

And his ulti is like karthus' defile or perhaps anivia's R. A nice toggleable damage over time that probably isn't as useful as instant burst but does tend to make a champ impossible to deal with if fed.



But between his passive and ulti, here we have yet another champ with craploads of built-in lanestaying power. Seriously, what is this?



They changed his E to give a % more damage to his auto attack. It is not very powerful, I have been leveling LazerBurd first.


That's queer as fuck, his E was literally the only reason I was looking forward to eventually buying/playing him(fuck ya witch doctor+maledict!). If it doesn't work like maledict anymore I'm out, I'M OUT BITCHES.

Yeah its lame, especially since he is an AP champ and it buffs his physical. GG riot way to make a good champ.
"You are not trying to win, you are trying to be awesome" -Day[9]
Ota Solgryn
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Denmark2011 Posts
October 06 2010 08:16 GMT
#22745
Oh my god. Why have I never played a carry?

Yesterday I started playing Tristana. Before this I've had a very good Blitz which is great and all but it is really hard to "decide" games with it. I mean, I have done the difference so many times with clutch grabs, but against good players this get increasingly hard.

Now I've played 6 ranked games as trist. My first carry, my first solomid character. Lost the first game because I pressed the wrong skills so many times. The next 5 I won where i carried hard (going 10+ 2 in every game). The game is now much more fun when I'm the deciding factor and can make sure there is no feeding mid. woo
ihasaKAROT: "Wish people would stop wasting their lives on finding flaws in others"
Shizuru~
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Malaysia1676 Posts
October 06 2010 08:17 GMT
#22746
On October 06 2010 17:11 Ordained wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 06 2010 15:40 red_ wrote:
On October 06 2010 14:41 Ordained wrote:
On October 06 2010 09:20 Juicyfruit wrote:
Let's see...

2 cc, 1 is soft, the other is hard but not easy to hit.

His E is a DoT that amplifies his other skills as well as DFG and Ignite, which gives him scaling.

And his ulti is like karthus' defile or perhaps anivia's R. A nice toggleable damage over time that probably isn't as useful as instant burst but does tend to make a champ impossible to deal with if fed.



But between his passive and ulti, here we have yet another champ with craploads of built-in lanestaying power. Seriously, what is this?



They changed his E to give a % more damage to his auto attack. It is not very powerful, I have been leveling LazerBurd first.


That's queer as fuck, his E was literally the only reason I was looking forward to eventually buying/playing him(fuck ya witch doctor+maledict!). If it doesn't work like maledict anymore I'm out, I'M OUT BITCHES.

Yeah its lame, especially since he is an AP champ and it buffs his physical. GG riot way to make a good champ.


so.... swines E only increase its damage by swines own physical attack? thats pretty retarded, the reason why maledict is strong in DotA is because ALL source of damage to the target afflicted by maledicts buffs the dmg of the spells, also the fact that Maledict is an AoE spell...

well, what do i know, EU server ain't even up yet T_T
cascades
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Singapore6122 Posts
October 06 2010 08:21 GMT
#22747
Now the US servers are unplayable for me as well. This is sad.
HS: cascades#1595 || LoL: stoppin
lgd-haze
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden547 Posts
October 06 2010 08:25 GMT
#22748
On October 06 2010 17:17 Shizuru~ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 06 2010 17:11 Ordained wrote:
On October 06 2010 15:40 red_ wrote:
On October 06 2010 14:41 Ordained wrote:
On October 06 2010 09:20 Juicyfruit wrote:
Let's see...

2 cc, 1 is soft, the other is hard but not easy to hit.

His E is a DoT that amplifies his other skills as well as DFG and Ignite, which gives him scaling.

And his ulti is like karthus' defile or perhaps anivia's R. A nice toggleable damage over time that probably isn't as useful as instant burst but does tend to make a champ impossible to deal with if fed.



But between his passive and ulti, here we have yet another champ with craploads of built-in lanestaying power. Seriously, what is this?



They changed his E to give a % more damage to his auto attack. It is not very powerful, I have been leveling LazerBurd first.


That's queer as fuck, his E was literally the only reason I was looking forward to eventually buying/playing him(fuck ya witch doctor+maledict!). If it doesn't work like maledict anymore I'm out, I'M OUT BITCHES.

Yeah its lame, especially since he is an AP champ and it buffs his physical. GG riot way to make a good champ.


so.... swines E only increase its damage by swines own physical attack? thats pretty retarded, the reason why maledict is strong in DotA is because ALL source of damage to the target afflicted by maledicts buffs the dmg of the spells, also the fact that Maledict is an AoE spell...

well, what do i know, EU server ain't even up yet T_T


Could a fast lichbane work on him then?
Flying Tushin!!
SCC-Faust
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States3736 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-06 09:01:09
October 06 2010 09:00 GMT
#22749
I just played against HuK. AMA.

If I didn't I just abused some guy named Huk in chat for the past 40 minutes.
I want to fuck Soulkey with a Zelderan.
crazeman
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
664 Posts
October 06 2010 09:13 GMT
#22750
On October 06 2010 14:18 Caller wrote:
garens sister needs the following:

a) a spin
b) some kind of lazor, like one that drains your mana. But it shoots a lazor.
c) DEMACIAAA!

also just for shits and giggles she should be flat as a board

testosterone overload runs in the family


She should look like Chyna but in armor and stuff.
Ordained
Profile Joined June 2010
United States779 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-06 09:15:15
October 06 2010 09:13 GMT
#22751
On October 06 2010 18:00 SCC-Faust wrote:
I just played against HuK. AMA.

If I didn't I just abused some guy named Huk in chat for the past 40 minutes.

Story for the grandkids?


On October 06 2010 17:16 Ota Solgryn wrote:
Oh my god. Why have I never played a carry?

Yesterday I started playing Tristana. Before this I've had a very good Blitz which is great and all but it is really hard to "decide" games with it. I mean, I have done the difference so many times with clutch grabs, but against good players this get increasingly hard.

Now I've played 6 ranked games as trist. My first carry, my first solomid character. Lost the first game because I pressed the wrong skills so many times. The next 5 I won where i carried hard (going 10+ 2 in every game). The game is now much more fun when I'm the deciding factor and can make sure there is no feeding mid. woo


Yeah I know the feeling. I LOVE tristana.
"You are not trying to win, you are trying to be awesome" -Day[9]
spinesheath
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany8679 Posts
October 06 2010 09:29 GMT
#22752
From what I have seen of Swain so far (2 games on HSGG's stream, admittedly not a whole lot), I would want to build him around his ult and rather tanky. Spirit Visage, Abyssal Scepter, something for Armor, Rylai's or Zhonya's. He might be able to stay in the middle of a fight and tank loads of damage while dealing AoE magic damage over time while healing himself.

It probably sucks though :p
If you have a good reason to disagree with the above, please tell me. Thank you.
Shizuru~
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Malaysia1676 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-06 10:09:16
October 06 2010 10:08 GMT
#22753
On October 06 2010 18:29 spinesheath wrote:
From what I have seen of Swain so far (2 games on HSGG's stream, admittedly not a whole lot), I would want to build him around his ult and rather tanky. Spirit Visage, Abyssal Scepter, something for Armor, Rylai's or Zhonya's. He might be able to stay in the middle of a fight and tank loads of damage while dealing AoE magic damage over time while healing himself.

It probably sucks though :p


i'm thinking of something along the lines of rylais>abyssal>GA probably going with clarity + ghost... i suck at playing casters though. imma wait and see how others build him first.

EU is up, but konami code doesn't work anymore to bypass BUSY
Yiruru
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada690 Posts
October 06 2010 10:10 GMT
#22754
Shameless Warding Guide Steal from Reddit:

http://b.imagehost.org/0169/wards.jpg
lgd-haze
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden547 Posts
October 06 2010 10:59 GMT
#22755
First impression of Swain:

First of all, he is very fun to play. I went for a semi tanky build with spirit visage, sunfire, abyssal and haunting guise.

I had around 130 armor/res, so with my ult on I could tank at least 2 guys without dying.

His W is pretty much one of the best initiating skills there is. It's extremely good and not that hard to land.
I got firstblood on Ashe @ mid. His poking isn't bad because if you hit with your W and follow up with the QE and a auto attack. Dont be afraid to take a few counter hits if you are close to getting your ult. That thing really heals a ton.

Late game damage was not bad at all either. Not something you would call imba or bad. Just pretty solid.

I went 11-2-10 and I really recommend this dude. Maybe he won't be a top tier champ thats optimal for ranked/tournaments. But he is actually really fun to play.
Flying Tushin!!
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
October 06 2010 11:18 GMT
#22756
My first game I got completely run the fuck over by a guy I knew from ranked on Swain, he was like 15-3 and we were running from 1v3s against him.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
cascades
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Singapore6122 Posts
October 06 2010 11:27 GMT
#22757
Since high level players are posting here, any guide to improve for us mediocre players that last-hit and ward-buy? People like l0cust could do well to not be bugged .=p
HS: cascades#1595 || LoL: stoppin
Khenra
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Netherlands885 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-06 12:23:02
October 06 2010 11:34 GMT
#22758
To learn lasthitting, simply play many Ashe mid games. First you will need to learn fending off the enemy champion, but after many games their behaviour becomes predictable. From there it's just a matter of running around with your char and rightclick a minion when it's at low hp..

EDIT: I see I missed your point. Improve beyond lasthitting and ward-buying is simply a matter of playing many games. After playing 50 games with Tryndamere, I play a lot better than when I played 10 games. Simply because you get a better feel for when you can go in for another hit or have you get the fuck out. This goes for any champion.

Playing many games improves your decisionmaking.

Then there's the aspect of teamplay and positioning. I play solo exclusively, so you better ask others
This signature is ruining eSports.
Kaniol
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Poland5551 Posts
October 06 2010 11:50 GMT
#22759
On October 06 2010 20:34 Khenra wrote:
To learn lasthitting, simply play many Ashe mid games. First you will need to learn fending off the enemy champion, but after many games their behaviour becomes predictable. From there it's just a matter of running around with your char and rightclick a minion when it's at low hp..

Didnt he mean "how to improve when i already last-hit well and play ward-oriented"?

IMO it's time to learn positioning and teamplay from now on, when to push, when to switch lanes, when to defend which lanes, controlling dragon 24/7
spinesheath
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany8679 Posts
October 06 2010 11:57 GMT
#22760
Learn to manipulate your allies into following your orders. A sane person giving mediocre orders is much better than completely uncoordinated play. Positioning etc. doesn't help at all if your allies engage 2v5 all the time.
Not an easy task imo. Especially if some idiot decides to mock your items for no particular reason or just calls you a newb even if he's the baddie.
If you have a good reason to disagree with the above, please tell me. Thank you.
Prev 1 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1431 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 28m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Larva 455
Hyuk 275
Leta 227
Hyun 93
Hm[arnc] 33
ZergMaN 12
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm225
League of Legends
JimRising 734
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King91
Other Games
summit1g8941
WinterStarcraft523
Nina104
ArmadaUGS64
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick804
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream152
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2293
League of Legends
• Rush1458
• Lourlo994
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3h 28m
INu's Battles
5h 28m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
8h 28m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 28m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 28m
Replay Cast
16h 28m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 4h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 16h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.