• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:52
CEST 02:52
KST 09:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8968 users

New Pokemon Games: Black & White - Page 40

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 38 39 40 41 42 96 Next
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
March 11 2011 05:37 GMT
#781
My side is that your side is stupid.
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
March 11 2011 05:40 GMT
#782
On March 11 2011 14:27 Brees wrote:
yes I agree you cant use skill thats the point. thats why I said you would need to remove crits, staus effects, etc everything that isnt 100% if you truly wanted this game to be skill based. You can't have the best of both worlds in this argument, pick a side


It's a lot easier to deal with status effects and crits. It's pretty unreasonable to expect all your Pokemon to know Swift or Aerial Ace or something. But having a Pokemon with Aromatherapy or holding a Pecha Berry or having Shell Armor or something is manageable.
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
Jayme
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States5866 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-11 05:42:36
March 11 2011 05:41 GMT
#783
On March 11 2011 14:27 Brees wrote:
yes I agree you cant use skill thats the point. thats why I said you would need to remove crits, staus effects, etc everything that isnt 100% if you truly wanted this game to be skill based. You can't have the best of both worlds in this argument, pick a side


Yes, yes you can.

Every game has some elements of luck to it. That's the way the ball rolls.

However, exacerbating the element of luck is retarded. You're back tracking here. You stated that this game is mostly luck based. I said bullshit.

Now you're claiming you have to remove ALL chance based things for the game to be "truly" skill based? Again based on that logic people should ping their starting locations in starcraft or the game isn't skill based.

Your logic is that if there is any luck involved the game is mostly luck. I think that's retarded.
Python is garbage, number 1 advocate of getting rid of it.
Brees
Profile Joined January 2010
Marshall Islands3404 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-11 07:26:58
March 11 2011 06:41 GMT
#784
no im saying that there is no difference from crits/status effects/evasion. they are all luck based.

I think it is stupid to only ban 1 of them when they are all luck based but im going to drop this since its derailing the thread
Brees on in
adeezy
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1428 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-11 06:43:56
March 11 2011 06:42 GMT
#785
I get what you are saying brees, but even though luck is a factor, it can be advantageous to both sides. Also, although luck may win a few games, usually the person who makes the better choices concerning pokemon, moves, and reads will come out the victor. If that weren't the case then there wouldn't be a competitive scene at all.

Evasion isn't just because of the luck factor, on why it was banned, but in general I don't totally agree with them banning it. They also banned OHKO moves. Basically they are trying to limit the amount of luck variables in the game so that makes sense.
I asked my friend how the ratio at a party was, he replied. "Let's just say for every guy there was two dudes."
MalakhWing
Profile Joined November 2010
United States16 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-11 07:00:11
March 11 2011 06:56 GMT
#786
Friend code Jenny - 0475 7079 4531.
The paraflinch combo of togekiss (and friends) is the ultimate abuse of luck in smogon's ruleset and that's unpleasant to face, but it by no means breaks the game. If you look at any of the warstories posted on the forums there the players tend to show their displeasure whenever a critical hits, but that is a function of the game mechanic and is much harder to deal with than just banning moves, pokemon, or abilities. The community there decided what was over centralizing and dealt with what they could accordingly.

edit: forgot character name
adeezy
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1428 Posts
March 11 2011 09:56 GMT
#787
Dang it I sent myself a Deino thinking it would be cool, but he doesnt evolve til level 50!!! what the heck.. another thing is his final evolved form is a SpA so I got modest, but his best move is only through breeding >.<
I asked my friend how the ratio at a party was, he replied. "Let's just say for every guy there was two dudes."
FliedLice
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany7494 Posts
March 11 2011 11:11 GMT
#788
aw crap, the german version is not multilanguage, now i have to translate all those pokemon names and stuff :|

fuuu
Kevmeister @ Dota2
Jayme
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States5866 Posts
March 11 2011 11:13 GMT
#789
On March 11 2011 18:56 adeezy wrote:
Dang it I sent myself a Deino thinking it would be cool, but he doesnt evolve til level 50!!! what the heck.. another thing is his final evolved form is a SpA so I got modest, but his best move is only through breeding >.<


Uh what move are you talking about? Dark Pulse maybe?

You can live without it but yes the best set is probably going to be something like Focus Blast/Flamethrower/Dragon Pulse/Dark Pulse

Pretty ridiculous type coverage but you could also ditch the Dark Pulse and use Surf or something.

Python is garbage, number 1 advocate of getting rid of it.
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
March 11 2011 13:12 GMT
#790
On March 11 2011 15:42 adeezy wrote:
I get what you are saying brees, but even though luck is a factor, it can be advantageous to both sides. Also, although luck may win a few games, usually the person who makes the better choices concerning pokemon, moves, and reads will come out the victor. If that weren't the case then there wouldn't be a competitive scene at all.

Evasion isn't just because of the luck factor, on why it was banned, but in general I don't totally agree with them banning it. They also banned OHKO moves. Basically they are trying to limit the amount of luck variables in the game so that makes sense.


Also, it's to help us real players. I'd probably murder someone who was like "LOL I'M SO GOOD I BEAT YOU BY USING HORN DRILL 6 TIMES"
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
ReketSomething
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States6012 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-11 13:32:02
March 11 2011 13:31 GMT
#791
On March 11 2011 22:12 Ferrose wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 11 2011 15:42 adeezy wrote:
I get what you are saying brees, but even though luck is a factor, it can be advantageous to both sides. Also, although luck may win a few games, usually the person who makes the better choices concerning pokemon, moves, and reads will come out the victor. If that weren't the case then there wouldn't be a competitive scene at all.

Evasion isn't just because of the luck factor, on why it was banned, but in general I don't totally agree with them banning it. They also banned OHKO moves. Basically they are trying to limit the amount of luck variables in the game so that makes sense.


Also, it's to help us real players. I'd probably murder someone who was like "LOL I'M SO GOOD I BEAT YOU BY USING HORN DRILL 6 TIMES"


woo horn drill. why can't machamp learn fissure anymore

+ Show Spoiler +
that has nothing to do with luck right?
+ Show Spoiler +
i cant believe you are arguing that evasion spam is good to have in the game...(brees)
Jaedong :3
cannavaro
Profile Joined November 2010
Italy86 Posts
March 11 2011 14:06 GMT
#792
@ the exlusive pokemon picture in firstpost: wasn't there a digimon that looks exactly, or at least very similar, to the bird that is exlusive to white? the one above the 2 legendarys. Both evolution and base, but don't ask me which digimon season that would have been, that was like, 10 years ago.^^
FliedLice
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany7494 Posts
March 11 2011 14:55 GMT
#793
On March 11 2011 23:06 cannavaro wrote:
@ the exlusive pokemon picture in firstpost: wasn't there a digimon that looks exactly, or at least very similar, to the bird that is exlusive to white? the one above the 2 legendarys. Both evolution and base, but don't ask me which digimon season that would have been, that was like, 10 years ago.^^


I think I know which one you mean, I think it was a bit more fiery or something.

There are probably some more similarities between Poke-/Digimon
Kevmeister @ Dota2
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
March 11 2011 15:52 GMT
#794
Fuck the desert man, seriously. Doesn't anyone not like the sandstorm?
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
March 11 2011 15:59 GMT
#795
On March 12 2011 00:52 Torte de Lini wrote:
Fuck the desert man, seriously. Doesn't anyone not like the sandstorm?


Sandstorms are awesome. With Sand Rush, Excadrill can get 604 speed in a Sandstorm. And that's without a Scarf.
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
March 11 2011 16:02 GMT
#796
I meant in-game. Sandstorm teams are fucking annoying.
Garchomp anyone?
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Fawkes
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada1935 Posts
March 11 2011 16:09 GMT
#797
I just realized I missed Celebi event for my SoulSilver and that in turn ruins my chance to get Zorua in White? Can you breed Zorua?
Taeyeon ~ Jennie ~ Seulgi ~ Irene @Fawkes711
NuKedUFirst
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada3139 Posts
March 11 2011 16:16 GMT
#798
On March 12 2011 01:09 Fawkes wrote:
I just realized I missed Celebi event for my SoulSilver and that in turn ruins my chance to get Zorua in White? Can you breed Zorua?


There will be an event for him in the future - as there was one for him in Japan not too long ago~
FrostedMiniWeet wrote: I like winning because it validates all the bloody time I waste playing SC2.
MisterShiFu
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada8 Posts
March 11 2011 16:18 GMT
#799
On March 12 2011 01:09 Fawkes wrote:
I just realized I missed Celebi event for my SoulSilver and that in turn ruins my chance to get Zorua in White? Can you breed Zorua?


I'm sure someone would be willing to lend you theirs to do it. I would once I get around to transferring it myself, but I don't have 2 DSes yet.. going to buy the 3DS. :/
Lyter
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United Kingdom2145 Posts
March 11 2011 16:19 GMT
#800
Picked black up today, enjoying it a lot, just got ma 1st badge atleast so far, the presence of some kind of story is a nice change
Prev 1 38 39 40 41 42 96 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14717
Hyuk 52
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm210
League of Legends
Doublelift4536
Other Games
summit1g9295
FrodaN2702
JimRising 640
PiGStarcraft474
KnowMe182
ViBE130
ArmadaUGS101
Mew2King90
Trikslyr32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1320
BasetradeTV171
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream126
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 107
• davetesta16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 8m
INu's Battles
11h 8m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
14h 8m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 8m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 8m
Replay Cast
22h 8m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 10h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 15h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.