• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:13
CEST 21:13
KST 04:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9196 users

New Pokemon Games: Black & White - Page 42

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 40 41 42 43 44 96 Next
Salteador Neo
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Andorra5591 Posts
March 12 2011 00:42 GMT
#821
Do all the enemy trainers still have pokemon of only one type? In the older games it was easily the most stupid thing. Like you could solo most areas with one move that counters that type... I always wished all enemy trainers had some variety instead of rock-rock-rock or bird-bird-bird.
Revolutionist fan
TALegion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1187 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-12 00:59:41
March 12 2011 00:57 GMT
#822
On March 11 2011 12:41 Dark-Storm wrote:
Zoroark is breedable.

audino EXP grinding is amazing. lvl 33 Audion gives out 4k exp each fight with growth egg. went from lvl 21 to 38 in 7 batles against Audino lol


Also caught tornadus the first time i saw him with a Quick ball on the first turn.....lucky

What do you breed to get him?

EDIT: Wait, or do you mean you just borrowed someone, bred it with a Ditto, and gave it back?
I missed the Celebi event, and now I can't get the Zorua. And my HG/SS Game was restarted, and I don't wanna grind back up to Entei and Raikou
A person willing to die for a cause is a hero. A person willing to kill for a cause is a madman
Mashes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada441 Posts
March 12 2011 00:59 GMT
#823
On March 12 2011 09:57 TALegion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 11 2011 12:41 Dark-Storm wrote:
Zoroark is breedable.

audino EXP grinding is amazing. lvl 33 Audion gives out 4k exp each fight with growth egg. went from lvl 21 to 38 in 7 batles against Audino lol


Also caught tornadus the first time i saw him with a Quick ball on the first turn.....lucky

What do you breed to get him?


he means that you can use Zoroark to breed. But you can't breed a Zoroark, unless you're using a Zoroark to breed. The breeding is mostly for Egg moves and the like.
"life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery"
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
March 12 2011 01:09 GMT
#824
Ok, I'm going to rage out of control here. I just beat E4 and everything after with this team

Gigalith
Sigilyph
Amoonguss
Scrafty
Galvantula
Cryogonal

It was tons of fun, very good story, rather challenging up til this point and it's everything I could want from a pokemon game.

That said, I love using Ice-types, even competitively where they are rather shite. So I'm looking at Cryogonal, and he seems really good, but he's mono-ice. WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU MAKE ANOTHER MONO-ICE. If he was part ghost, he would be AMAZING for this gen. He would be so righteous, with his fantastic support movepool, his great spec def+speed, while having that achilles heel of a base 30 defense. But no, he has to be mono-fucking-ice where everyone and their ancient chinese ancestors can OHKO him with any priority move they want. He couldn't take a wake-up slap from a conkeldurr. IF A WAKE-UP-SLAP OHKO'S YOU, SOMETHING IS WRONG.

Being part ghost would solve so much and perfectly balance him. Disagree with me I dare you.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
TALegion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1187 Posts
March 12 2011 01:12 GMT
#825
On March 12 2011 10:09 bumatlarge wrote:
Ok, I'm going to rage out of control here. I just beat E4 and everything after with this team

Gigalith
Sigilyph
Amoonguss
Scrafty
Galvantula
Cryogonal

It was tons of fun, very good story, rather challenging up til this point and it's everything I could want from a pokemon game.

That said, I love using Ice-types, even competitively where they are rather shite. So I'm looking at Cryogonal, and he seems really good, but he's mono-ice. WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU MAKE ANOTHER MONO-ICE. If he was part ghost, he would be AMAZING for this gen. He would be so righteous, with his fantastic support movepool, his great spec def+speed, while having that achilles heel of a base 30 defense. But no, he has to be mono-fucking-ice where everyone and their ancient chinese ancestors can OHKO him with any priority move they want. He couldn't take a wake-up slap from a conkeldurr. IF A WAKE-UP-SLAP OHKO'S YOU, SOMETHING IS WRONG.

Being part ghost would solve so much and perfectly balance him. Disagree with me I dare you.

1. I'm sad. I was REALLY hoping Cryogonal was good
2. I keep seeing people using Sigilyph. Is he really that good? On paper, he looks average at best.
A person willing to die for a cause is a hero. A person willing to kill for a cause is a madman
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
March 12 2011 01:17 GMT
#826
On March 12 2011 10:12 TALegion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 12 2011 10:09 bumatlarge wrote:
Ok, I'm going to rage out of control here. I just beat E4 and everything after with this team

Gigalith
Sigilyph
Amoonguss
Scrafty
Galvantula
Cryogonal

It was tons of fun, very good story, rather challenging up til this point and it's everything I could want from a pokemon game.

That said, I love using Ice-types, even competitively where they are rather shite. So I'm looking at Cryogonal, and he seems really good, but he's mono-ice. WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU MAKE ANOTHER MONO-ICE. If he was part ghost, he would be AMAZING for this gen. He would be so righteous, with his fantastic support movepool, his great spec def+speed, while having that achilles heel of a base 30 defense. But no, he has to be mono-fucking-ice where everyone and their ancient chinese ancestors can OHKO him with any priority move they want. He couldn't take a wake-up slap from a conkeldurr. IF A WAKE-UP-SLAP OHKO'S YOU, SOMETHING IS WRONG.

Being part ghost would solve so much and perfectly balance him. Disagree with me I dare you.

1. I'm sad. I was REALLY hoping Cryogonal was good
2. I keep seeing people using Sigilyph. Is he really that good? On paper, he looks average at best.


He's got ideal stats for survivability, enough to make good use of his speed+SAtk. I was able to sweep the fighting guy once I pp-stalled troh's stone-edge with my amoongus.

You need to breed him with roost and stored power for his true potential though.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-12 01:28:12
March 12 2011 01:25 GMT
#827
I think I'm missing something here... I just beat the E4 for the first time, and went past the 8th Gym, and Pokemon were 65+? My Pokemon just turned 50 after beating E4 the first time... -lost-

When do you get HM04 Strength?
There is no one like you in the universe.
TALegion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1187 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-12 01:34:56
March 12 2011 01:30 GMT
#828
I have a few questions:
1. How do I find my Pal Pad number?
2. How are people getting Zoroarks? (is it all just transferring the events Celebi, or is there another way? Cause I don't get how people get the shiny Legendary Dogs)
3. If I need Celebi to get Zoroark, I can't. Would someone be willing to loan me one for literally moments so I can breed one?


On March 12 2011 10:25 Blisse wrote:
I think I'm missing something here... I just beat the E4 for the first time, and went past the 8th Gym, and Pokemon were 65+? My Pokemon just turned 50 after beating E4 the first time... -lost-

When do you get HM04 Strength?

I didn't get mine until after the E4 as well. I believe you get it in Nimbasa City from some dude with blue hair in one of the building on the left of the city.

As for the MASSIVE overleveling, yeah, that's how it goes. Luckily, a lot of the pokemon are unevolved and have stats only slightly greater than your teams. It is a rather significant jump though, from the easy-mode trainers before that were just walking EXP banks.
A person willing to die for a cause is a hero. A person willing to kill for a cause is a madman
synapse
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
China13814 Posts
March 12 2011 01:42 GMT
#829
- key item bag -> pal pad -> check own pal pad #, I think.
- shiny dogs was a DPPt/HGSS event
- you cant breed legendaries
:)
TALegion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1187 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-12 02:15:47
March 12 2011 01:47 GMT
#830
On March 12 2011 10:42 synapse wrote:
- key item bag -> pal pad -> check own pal pad #, I think.
- shiny dogs was a DPPt/HGSS event
- you cant breed legendaries

Thanks for the PalPad and dog advice, but I think you're wrong about Zoarark. Legendaries also can't evolve, and if they can't breed, they shouldn't have Egg Moves, right?
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/571.shtml

Now I know I need to borrow one, though
And on that note, can anyone? If you've got white, it'll also work out well, because I'll give you my Tornadus until I'm done (just so you know I'm not screwing you over. I need that guy.).
You can get Landorosu while waiting.
A person willing to die for a cause is a hero. A person willing to kill for a cause is a madman
Tenshik
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
124 Posts
March 12 2011 01:58 GMT
#831
HM04 was like my second HM after cut. then it was fly from bianca and surf from the champ (ithink) haven't gotten any else so far.
adeezy
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1428 Posts
March 12 2011 02:19 GMT
#832
You can still get the celebi if you have a flash cart and another DS. Theres a distribution rom you can use to give it to one of the older ds games, then you use the relocator.
I asked my friend how the ratio at a party was, he replied. "Let's just say for every guy there was two dudes."
TALegion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1187 Posts
March 12 2011 02:49 GMT
#833
Friend Code:
0991 1036 8632
A person willing to die for a cause is a hero. A person willing to kill for a cause is a madman
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-12 03:03:58
March 12 2011 03:03 GMT
#834
On March 12 2011 10:09 bumatlarge wrote:
Ok, I'm going to rage out of control here. I just beat E4 and everything after with this team

Gigalith
Sigilyph
Amoonguss
Scrafty
Galvantula
Cryogonal

It was tons of fun, very good story, rather challenging up til this point and it's everything I could want from a pokemon game.

That said, I love using Ice-types, even competitively where they are rather shite. So I'm looking at Cryogonal, and he seems really good, but he's mono-ice. WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU MAKE ANOTHER MONO-ICE. If he was part ghost, he would be AMAZING for this gen. He would be so righteous, with his fantastic support movepool, his great spec def+speed, while having that achilles heel of a base 30 defense. But no, he has to be mono-fucking-ice where everyone and their ancient chinese ancestors can OHKO him with any priority move they want. He couldn't take a wake-up slap from a conkeldurr. IF A WAKE-UP-SLAP OHKO'S YOU, SOMETHING IS WRONG.

Being part ghost would solve so much and perfectly balance him. Disagree with me I dare you.


To be fair, with 140 base Attack, it'd be pretty hard to take a Wake-Up Slap from a Conkeldurr. It seems like they tried to make that thing into a more offensive-minded Blissey, except that it's Ice, and Ice sucks. I also love Ice Pokemon, but they are pretty useless outside of story mode

On March 12 2011 09:42 Salteador Neo wrote:
Do all the enemy trainers still have pokemon of only one type? In the older games it was easily the most stupid thing. Like you could solo most areas with one move that counters that type... I always wished all enemy trainers had some variety instead of rock-rock-rock or bird-bird-bird.


Still the same. The only trainers who mix different types are the Ace Trainers or whatever they call them now.
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
TALegion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1187 Posts
March 12 2011 03:07 GMT
#835
On March 12 2011 12:03 Ferrose wrote:

Show nested quote +
On March 12 2011 09:42 Salteador Neo wrote:
Do all the enemy trainers still have pokemon of only one type? In the older games it was easily the most stupid thing. Like you could solo most areas with one move that counters that type... I always wished all enemy trainers had some variety instead of rock-rock-rock or bird-bird-bird.


Still the same. The only trainers who mix different types are the Ace Trainers or whatever they call them now.

But A LOT of trainers are Ace Trainers now. Especially towards the end, it seems like almost 1/3 are Ace Trainers.
A person willing to die for a cause is a hero. A person willing to kill for a cause is a madman
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
March 12 2011 03:12 GMT
#836
On March 12 2011 12:07 TALegion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 12 2011 12:03 Ferrose wrote:

On March 12 2011 09:42 Salteador Neo wrote:
Do all the enemy trainers still have pokemon of only one type? In the older games it was easily the most stupid thing. Like you could solo most areas with one move that counters that type... I always wished all enemy trainers had some variety instead of rock-rock-rock or bird-bird-bird.


Still the same. The only trainers who mix different types are the Ace Trainers or whatever they call them now.

But A LOT of trainers are Ace Trainers now. Especially towards the end, it seems like almost 1/3 are Ace Trainers.


Ah. I haven't played lately because I'm on a grinding part for the Elite Four (just progressing through the story was only enough to get my team to level 43 : |).
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
Juddas
Profile Joined January 2011
768 Posts
March 12 2011 03:40 GMT
#837
Has anybody else noticed how the girl avatar has a really nice ass whenever she throws the pokeball lol? To me it is quite the distraction and I feel like a total perv because she is 10...
synapse
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
China13814 Posts
March 12 2011 03:42 GMT
#838
On March 12 2011 12:40 Juddas wrote:
Has anybody else noticed how the girl avatar has a really nice ass whenever she throws the pokeball lol? To me it is quite the distraction and I feel like a total perv because she is 10...

This is the generation where we actually have old(er) people as the main characters. Your character is like 20ish I believe

And not to be Oedipus but...
LOL
:)
synapse
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
China13814 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-12 03:44:47
March 12 2011 03:43 GMT
#839
On March 12 2011 10:47 TALegion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 12 2011 10:42 synapse wrote:
- key item bag -> pal pad -> check own pal pad #, I think.
- shiny dogs was a DPPt/HGSS event
- you cant breed legendaries

Thanks for the PalPad and dog advice, but I think you're wrong about Zoarark. Legendaries also can't evolve, and if they can't breed, they shouldn't have Egg Moves, right?
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/571.shtml

Now I know I need to borrow one, though
And on that note, can anyone? If you've got white, it'll also work out well, because I'll give you my Tornadus until I'm done (just so you know I'm not screwing you over. I need that guy.).
You can get Landorosu while waiting.

Zoroark isn't a legendary. It's just a special pokemon. (legendaries have no gender)
EDIT: In case it wasn't clear before, I was referring to celebi that couldn't breed.
:)
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-12 03:45:25
March 12 2011 03:44 GMT
#840
On March 12 2011 12:40 Juddas wrote:
Has anybody else noticed how the girl avatar has a really nice ass whenever she throws the pokeball lol? To me it is quite the distraction and I feel like a total perv because she is 10...


I love that. I always pick the female trainer anyway, but that makes me more glad. I like it more though because it shows that the games are growing older and more mature with the audience.

And wtf, I thought they were 16 or something? You mean to tell me a 20 year old girl gets bitched at by her dad to come back home because she's not old enough for an adventure with her Pokemon?
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
Prev 1 40 41 42 43 44 96 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 1673
RotterdaM908
TaKeTV 279
IndyStarCraft 191
SteadfastSC124
ZombieGrub85
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1673
RotterdaM 908
IndyStarCraft 191
MaxPax 177
RuFF_SC2 152
SteadfastSC 124
ZombieGrub85
UpATreeSC 72
MindelVK 27
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2914
Shuttle 551
Dewaltoss 104
910 75
Mind 69
Zeus 63
Bale 15
Dota 2
qojqva3586
Counter-Strike
fl0m6205
pashabiceps1261
Fnx 667
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4281
Liquid`Hasu481
Other Games
Beastyqt792
ceh9450
mouzStarbuck382
C9.Mang0152
ToD102
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV224
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream26
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 140
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 15
• Eskiya23 11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie781
• Shiphtur312
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 47m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 47m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
15h 47m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Patches Events
1d 20h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.