• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:54
CEST 21:54
KST 04:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8815 users

Torchlight II - Page 47

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 45 46 47 48 49 95 Next
TeamLiquid Steam Group for Torchlight 2
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
September 22 2012 18:38 GMT
#921
I don't know who said it in this thread but they got it right: PoE is meant to cater to the D2 crowd that liked D2 for closed B.Net and ladder games, while Torchlight 2 is catered toward the crowd that played mods like Eastern Sun and Median XL (which had no closed B.Net component obviously, but nevertheless had quite a following). If you want one game to cater to the other crowd, you're barking up the wrong tree, and both groups of the D2 community are significant enough to warrant their own game (it's unfortunate that we can't get another game that can cater to both crowds, but only D2 of old was capable of doing that).

Paralleluniverse, it's quite clear that of the D2 community you were in the former group, that PoE is much more suitable for, because you obviously seem to not understand how people can find so much fun in i single-player/open multiplayer environment (despite the fact that Median XL still has a significant playerbase and is still under active development--it's a testament to how you still CAN have longevity from modding).
Moderator
neurosx
Profile Joined August 2011
Luxembourg1096 Posts
September 22 2012 18:42 GMT
#922
On September 23 2012 03:36 zeross wrote:
I see two major problem with the game :

- Targeting problems. is it me that am bad at the game, or does it have huge targeting problems when there is any height ? even when i'm on high ground i can't target mobs on low ground, my fire blast keep going straight and miss by going few feets above the monster head. mobs don't seem to have this problem, so when there is a bunch of archer on low ground it become pretty annoying.


- visual cluster. my god with all the skill effets, the mobs, the corspes and the items names (+the map because i feel its too small on the corner of the screen), it is sometimes realy hard to tell how many mobs are there left and where are there. fortunatly fire pillar help by beiing autoaimed, so i keep shooting in the direction the pillar are heading.


Yeah I have to agree on your second point, especially since a lot of mobs are small minions or just skeleton torsos are kinda hard to see
You'll wish I'd never stooped to notice you.
Trotim
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany95 Posts
September 22 2012 18:43 GMT
#923
Yeah, enemy health bars would be a nice mod to have
Leth0
Profile Joined February 2012
856 Posts
September 22 2012 18:45 GMT
#924
I agree with the visual cluster, I haven't had any problem with it when playin solo, shit can be going crazy but I can still keep grasp on whats going on, but in multi player it gets effing crazy.
fearus
Profile Blog Joined December 2003
China2164 Posts
September 22 2012 18:47 GMT
#925
Wow if TL2 had closed servers, PvP and a bit more classes,skill, item suffixs it would be a D3 killer.

The foundation of it is so solid.
bisu fanboy
zeross
Profile Joined September 2010
France310 Posts
September 22 2012 18:50 GMT
#926
On September 23 2012 03:47 fearus wrote:
Wow if TL2 had closed servers, PvP and a bit more classes,skill, item suffixs it would be a D3 killer.

The foundation of it is so solid.


D3 killed itself just fine without the help of a killer :p (sorry for the troll, couldn't help it ^^)
pallad
Profile Joined September 2010
Poland1958 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-22 19:09:39
September 22 2012 19:04 GMT
#927
Just finished ACT 1 as cannon engineer on Ellite and i have to say , this is best action rpg from years !!!
Died like 5 times.. in act 1 , so game is not that easy.

Still no mods for TL 2 , people play for now.. they will make mods later
If someone didint play TL 1 and dont know best site with TL mods , here you go
+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.runicgamesfansite.com/content/1453-torchlight-2-mods-database-now-online.html
SC 2 -LingsLover- EU -- Jaedong , NesTea , Nerchio , DRG , Moon , Oz , Tarson , Scarlett -- Dota 2 Pallad EU- NaVi - LGD
BurningSera
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Ireland19621 Posts
September 22 2012 19:11 GMT
#928
May be i am coming from dota (and 3 months of hon, hon is a visual cluster fest) i have no ''visual cluster' problem. I dont see any flaw in this game which underwent 10months of alpha/beta, some of them may seen as ''flaw' but they are the preference/decision from dev and i am fine with that. I played d2 mostly by myself and later some multiplayer messing around with my mates (it was back in goddamn 56k modem era).

About the story, it is exactly like d2 story telling style. I never needed dramatic or anything like that cringe worthy (kiddie) story in the other game, we just need more reasons to kills more mobs (and get loots)!
is 2017, stop being lame, fuck's sakes. 'Can't wait for the rise of the cakes and humanity's last stand tbqh.'
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-22 19:18:48
September 22 2012 19:18 GMT
#929
So robot parts...

+ Show Spoiler +
One per act? The first one is in + Show Spoiler +
the spider cavern
and the second one I found was in + Show Spoiler +
the roach place in act 2.
My engy got destroyed by steam cloud so I haven't been able to search past that sadly. Anybody found more than one per act?
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
Thienan567
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States670 Posts
September 22 2012 19:20 GMT
#930
Well it is true though lol, never played it but the general consensus is that D3 blows.

In other news, my level 16 outlander has found absolutely shit gear. At the frosted hills atm and the best unique I've found is a 120dps shotgun. Compare that to my embermage who's level 12 and still not beaten grell and she's already got 2 100dps wands and 2 peices out of a 4 piece set that give cast time. Or my engineer who's like level 9 and already has a warhammer that hits for 200.

Yeah, I think I'm gonna give up on my outlander. Maybe it's because I didn't play online with him. =p

Still though, this game is fun. Especially boss fights in parties, it's soooo much fun. <3
WeedRa
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany815 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-22 19:25:17
September 22 2012 19:24 GMT
#931
On September 23 2012 04:18 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
So robot parts...

+ Show Spoiler +
One per act? The first one is in + Show Spoiler +
the spider cavern
and the second one I found was in + Show Spoiler +
the roach place in act 2.
My engy got destroyed by steam cloud so I haven't been able to search past that sadly. Anybody found more than one per act?


i dont even have the quest :/ where do i get it?
or do i only get it if i find a piece?
Broodwurst
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany1586 Posts
September 22 2012 19:28 GMT
#932
Getting absolutely demolished in the luminous arena, right when i felt my berserker was doing good D:
Fanboys = (ウ╹◡╹)ウ /// I like smiley faces
DaCruise
Profile Joined July 2010
Denmark2457 Posts
September 22 2012 19:28 GMT
#933
On September 23 2012 04:18 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
So robot parts...

+ Show Spoiler +
One per act? The first one is in + Show Spoiler +
the spider cavern
and the second one I found was in + Show Spoiler +
the roach place in act 2.
My engy got destroyed by steam cloud so I haven't been able to search past that sadly. Anybody found more than one per act?


Well, I am in act 3 and have 4 parts. Not gonna spoil anything though.
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
September 22 2012 19:31 GMT
#934
On September 23 2012 04:24 WeedRa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 23 2012 04:18 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
So robot parts...

+ Show Spoiler +
One per act? The first one is in + Show Spoiler +
the spider cavern
and the second one I found was in + Show Spoiler +
the roach place in act 2.
My engy got destroyed by steam cloud so I haven't been able to search past that sadly. Anybody found more than one per act?


i dont even have the quest :/ where do i get it?
or do i only get it if i find a piece?


The quest is listed once you find a piece.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
eluv
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
September 22 2012 19:44 GMT
#935
I'll definitely second (or third or whatever) the visual clutter issue - hopefully enemy health bars will go a long way towards fixing this. If you haven't played multiplayer though, it's hard to judge, since it gets considerably worse having even just two players in game.

A couple other things that seem a bit ... off are the scaling in Co-op, and the tuning in general in elite. Multiple times playing 2player, we've had to just rez zerg down stuff, even when we're at level and/or above. Playing single player seems to alleviate this quite a bit, but not entirely. I can't put my finger on it, but one of the major reasons for the problems seems to be the fact that armor is flat damage reduction in this game, combined with the fact that enemies can critically hit.

Armor being flat reduction means that you can be happily fighting a pack of mobs who are doing say 5-10% of your life a hit, and you're potion chugging or lifestealing that all back - when suddenly 2-3 get crits. Taking a double damage crit is already pretty scary, but with flat armor reduction, you could be taking what feels more like a 4-5x crit. If you had 100 armor and 1k life, and mobs were doing 50 damage white swings, then they were really hitting for (150-100)=50. When they crit, they won't be doing 50x2, they'll be doing (150x2-100)=200.

Especially against mobs with either large base hits, or stacking -armor, this makes a lot of deaths feel very abrupt, and seemingly random. I've definitely died dozens of times without even knowing which mob was killing me or why he was doing so much damage. Before you get on my case, I'm spamming vitality, skilling defensively, and playing with stone pact, engineer force-fields as well as a heal-bot, but even still there are times I just can't possibly imagine that elite was playtested in any sort of a real use case scenario - where your gear won't always be from the latest level.

I honestly think having a difficulty as hard as elite is cool, but I can't get over feeling like I just have no idea what happened too my character too often when I die.
"Yes I fucked my way to the GSL partnership" - Sundance
Clemz
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United States70 Posts
September 22 2012 20:00 GMT
#936
On September 23 2012 04:28 Broodwurst wrote:
Getting absolutely demolished in the luminous arena, right when i felt my berserker was doing good D:


If you're still having trouble with it, get defensive. Health regen/+health gems and gear. Slap on a shield, just like D3, the defensive capabilities a shield offers you are incredible, especially on Elite. As on Outlander I was getting my shit worked hard in the vault dual wielding pistols, put on a shield and made it through. My shield is pretty ridiculous though: i.imgur.com/4JruC.jpg.

EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
September 22 2012 20:05 GMT
#937
On September 23 2012 04:28 DaCruise wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 23 2012 04:18 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
So robot parts...

+ Show Spoiler +
One per act? The first one is in + Show Spoiler +
the spider cavern
and the second one I found was in + Show Spoiler +
the roach place in act 2.
My engy got destroyed by steam cloud so I haven't been able to search past that sadly. Anybody found more than one per act?


Well, I am in act 3 and have 4 parts. Not gonna spoil anything though.

O.O have no idea wht you guys are talking about, I guess I'm missing something big.

Tremor is such an amazing engy skill... get it for the 1pt wonder at least. 24m radius knockback is soooo helpful.
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
strongwind
Profile Joined July 2007
United States862 Posts
September 22 2012 20:07 GMT
#938
lvl 17 engi and loving the game so far. I love the color scheme of the environment and the fluidity of the combat. Also tried path of exile today, man that game looks good.
Taek Bang Fighting!
Broodwurst
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany1586 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-22 20:16:50
September 22 2012 20:07 GMT
#939
On September 23 2012 05:00 Clemz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 23 2012 04:28 Broodwurst wrote:
Getting absolutely demolished in the luminous arena, right when i felt my berserker was doing good D:


If you're still having trouble with it, get defensive. Health regen/+health gems and gear. Slap on a shield, just like D3, the defensive capabilities a shield offers you are incredible, especially on Elite. As on Outlander I was getting my shit worked hard in the vault dual wielding pistols, put on a shield and made it through. My shield is pretty ridiculous though: i.imgur.com/4JruC.jpg.



Right after I posted I got through
But yeah I did exactly that, being more defensive
edit: no shield though, i love my uniques too much
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]
Fanboys = (ウ╹◡╹)ウ /// I like smiley faces
Novalisk
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Israel1818 Posts
September 22 2012 20:15 GMT
#940
It's crazy how good socketed weapons can be. I'm using a level 17 weapon that has stats way better than any level 20-30 weapon I've seen so far, including some good uniques.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
/commercial
Prev 1 45 46 47 48 49 95 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 6m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 567
ProTech147
BRAT_OK 84
Railgan 62
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 1620
Shuttle 654
Dewaltoss 118
Trap 29
Bale 17
scan(afreeca) 12
Dota 2
420jenkins473
XaKoH 433
Counter-Strike
fl0m4158
Fnx 653
kRYSTAL_16
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4101
Liquid`Hasu553
Other Games
summit1g4349
Liquid`RaSZi1914
FrodaN788
B2W.Neo424
C9.Mang0164
ToD164
TKL 98
UpATreeSC81
RotterdaM79
QueenE66
Mew2King26
PPMD18
JuggernautJason14
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV227
BasetradeTV223
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream20
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 38
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2530
League of Legends
• TFBlade819
Other Games
• Shiphtur1322
• imaqtpie863
• WagamamaTV324
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
4h 6m
Patches Events
20h 6m
The PondCast
1d 14h
INu's Battles
1d 15h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.