• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:01
CEST 09:01
KST 16:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9091 users

Smash Bros. Melee General Discussion - Page 53

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 51 52 53 54 55 188 Next
We have created an irc channel (#tl-smash on Quakenet) for people to find others to play with on Dolphin or just to chat about Smash. Feel free to join!
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-14 22:51:04
February 14 2014 22:39 GMT
#1041
TL hangin' out in chat. lets go zoler

THESE REST SAVES

but
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
February 14 2014 23:03 GMT
#1042
awww Zoler

time for hype! + Show Spoiler +
leffen/ice vs armada/aniolas again in GFs!
Writer
BrTarolg
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United Kingdom3574 Posts
February 14 2014 23:09 GMT
#1043
GG zoler
oscar62
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada417 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-15 00:37:29
February 14 2014 23:11 GMT
#1044
super hyped for singles


editt: whens singles lol
BrTarolg
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United Kingdom3574 Posts
February 14 2014 23:12 GMT
#1045
Also sc4k howcome you never ask me for advice trollface.png

U going to willis' tomorrow? I guess it's time to get good at this game again

Must claim best shiek uk
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-16 07:34:17
February 16 2014 07:33 GMT
#1046
damn, BEAST was epic

+ Show Spoiler [results] +

Leffen takes out Armada (3-0 vs Armada's Peach, 3-1 vs Armada's Fox)

1. Leffen
2. Armada
3. Ice
4. Over


Super Smash Loveday was pretty good too; very 20xx

+ Show Spoiler [results] +

but Falco took out the Foxes!
http://oxy.challonge.com/SmashLoveday

1. Westballz
2. Lucky
3. SFAT
4. Lovage (!)


damn, I basically did nothing today but eat and watch Melee

@_____@
Writer
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-16 08:07:40
February 16 2014 08:06 GMT
#1047
I saw the Little Mac trailer and was super hype up until they do the whole "YOU AREN'T AN AIR FIGHTER MAC, STOP MESSIN AROUND UP THERE."

How do you have a character that isn't good at air combat in a game that almost always requires it? Like, if you knock him off stage, is he just completely screwed? I just want him to be good! Atleast I get my Megaman.

Edit: I should prolly read thread titles before posing at 2am lol.
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
Moobla
Profile Joined May 2011
United States186 Posts
February 16 2014 08:43 GMT
#1048
On February 16 2014 17:06 Cixah wrote:
I saw the Little Mac trailer and was super hype up until they do the whole "YOU AREN'T AN AIR FIGHTER MAC, STOP MESSIN AROUND UP THERE."

How do you have a character that isn't good at air combat in a game that almost always requires it? Like, if you knock him off stage, is he just completely screwed? I just want him to be good! Atleast I get my Megaman.

Edit: I should prolly read thread titles before posing at 2am lol.


He says "out fighter", not air fighter. Out fighter is a boxing term: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing_styles_and_technique#The_Out-Boxer
"If you aren't attacking, you are probably losing." -QXC
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-16 19:09:10
February 16 2014 19:08 GMT
#1049
(Noob questions incoming). Also, sorry for not knowing move terminology.

Can someone tell me the best ways to edgeguard as Captain Falcon? I play with friends who main as Link and Marth and they literally edgeguard swipe/up B for Link until I run out of jumps.

I've seen Hax down A (the little falcon stomp) guys off the map. I've also seen Falcon with his back facing away from the edge, jump and kick the player off. However, i'm not sure of the technical aspects of edgeguarding. Some of it is practice with timing and positioning, but I also want to know what moves are good.

Also, are there any specific things I should be doing against swordsmen like Marth and Link ?
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
February 16 2014 20:30 GMT
#1050
On February 17 2014 04:08 darthfoley wrote:
(Noob questions incoming). Also, sorry for not knowing move terminology.

Can someone tell me the best ways to edgeguard as Captain Falcon? I play with friends who main as Link and Marth and they literally edgeguard swipe/up B for Link until I run out of jumps.

I've seen Hax down A (the little falcon stomp) guys off the map. I've also seen Falcon with his back facing away from the edge, jump and kick the player off. However, i'm not sure of the technical aspects of edgeguarding. Some of it is practice with timing and positioning, but I also want to know what moves are good.

Also, are there any specific things I should be doing against swordsmen like Marth and Link ?

Falcon is less about edgeguarding than simply getting the KO off the side blastzones by racking up damage with throw + uair combos and then finishing by using the knee (fair).

When you are edgeguarding, it all depends on how marth/link recover. Link is different, as a tether character is much harder to guard. Usually for tethers, you edgehog until they tether to the ledge, and then ledgehop (press back on control stick followed by immediate doublejump) aerial (for falcon, usually knee). This sends them flying across the level. Usually you want the reverse hitbox of knee, as it is going to send them to the closer blastzone behind you.

Guarding marth is similar. Edgehog, then see how low he goes to recover. If he is going low enough that he won't make it back to the stage, simply roll back on the stage at the right time and he will be unable to grab ledge. If he is higher, trying to make it back on the stage, you want to wait to grab ledge until he is about to upB so you have invincibility during the attack, and then ledgehop after it is done and punish his landing lag like you do with Link's tether. If Link is too far to tether to ledge, this is also how you would approach edgeguarding him.

Mainly, though, you want to just straight up KO them with knees at high percents, because Falcon's off the ledge game is weak and extremely risky. If you mess up the timing of edgehogs or anything, you could easily get gimped in an unfortunate reversal of positions. Work on edgehogging by wavedashing back near the ledge to snap to it, giving you invincibility during their recovery timings. Both characters have ways to stall in the air to some degree, so it may be tricky.
Writer@WriterYamato
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
February 16 2014 22:16 GMT
#1051
Agreed with the above. You also have to be pretty scared of getting hit while on the ledge vs Link/Marth (since you only get ~half a second / 37 frames of invincibility when grabbing the ledge; Link gets 33 frames, lol); they can both hit you with up-b even when they're recovering high, and Marth can side-b / back-air / forward-air you if he's recovering close. But rolling off is safe, ledgehop aerial is safe but you have to hit it before they can shield, maybe ledge getup (press toward the stage ["in"] on the control stick) -> grab might work too.
Writer
Zoler
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden6339 Posts
February 17 2014 00:47 GMT
#1052
Aww damnit, had that 3rd place but I choked pretty hard. I'm still super happy with 4th place in teams even though I knew we could do better!

Thanks for the cheers guys ^^

Choked super hard in singles as well, I need to work on my mentality. Not put so much pressure on myself and get demoralized when I lose close matches.
Lim Yo Hwan forever!
-Kaiser-
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Canada932 Posts
February 17 2014 09:05 GMT
#1053
On February 17 2014 09:47 Zoler wrote:
Aww damnit, had that 3rd place but I choked pretty hard. I'm still super happy with 4th place in teams even though I knew we could do better!

Thanks for the cheers guys ^^

Choked super hard in singles as well, I need to work on my mentality. Not put so much pressure on myself and get demoralized when I lose close matches.


Scrubba duuuuub
3 Hatch Before Cool
Omnishroud
Profile Blog Joined November 2013
1073 Posts
February 17 2014 09:41 GMT
#1054
Got round to finishing the documentary a few days ago, Just wanted to swing by and say its really, really good and everyone should watch it, i knew absolutely nothing about smash before watching it and it was one of the best things ive seen in a while.
Omni = Capped (RIP TL Account) - LoL EUW: Capped92 - EU Bnet: Capped#1137 - Steam: Capped92
-Kaiser-
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Canada932 Posts
February 17 2014 10:11 GMT
#1055
On February 17 2014 18:41 Omnishroud wrote:
Got round to finishing the documentary a few days ago, Just wanted to swing by and say its really, really good and everyone should watch it, i knew absolutely nothing about smash before watching it and it was one of the best things ive seen in a while.


Welcome to the family.
3 Hatch Before Cool
Zoler
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden6339 Posts
February 17 2014 16:38 GMT
#1056
On February 17 2014 18:05 -Kaiser- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2014 09:47 Zoler wrote:
Aww damnit, had that 3rd place but I choked pretty hard. I'm still super happy with 4th place in teams even though I knew we could do better!

Thanks for the cheers guys ^^

Choked super hard in singles as well, I need to work on my mentality. Not put so much pressure on myself and get demoralized when I lose close matches.


Scrubba duuuuub


Lim Yo Hwan forever!
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
February 17 2014 20:28 GMT
#1057
Watching the documentary now... man, I missed the golden days
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
Spazer
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada8036 Posts
February 17 2014 21:01 GMT
#1058
On February 18 2014 05:28 darthfoley wrote:
Watching the documentary now... man, I missed the golden days

Things are looking pretty damn good for the scene right now though.
Liquipedia
oscar62
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada417 Posts
February 17 2014 23:25 GMT
#1059
On February 16 2014 16:33 ]343[ wrote:


damn, I basically did nothing today but eat and watch Melee





solid day imo
Zoler
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden6339 Posts
February 18 2014 03:41 GMT
#1060
On February 18 2014 05:28 darthfoley wrote:
Watching the documentary now... man, I missed the golden days


Melee is bigger right now than it ever was in the golden days and it's growing at an insane pace!
Lim Yo Hwan forever!
Prev 1 51 52 53 54 55 188 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 59m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 852
BeSt 311
sorry 78
Mind 69
Soma 37
Bale 27
ZergMaN 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Shuttle 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm177
League of Legends
JimRising 649
Other Games
summit1g10596
Coldzera 713
WinterStarcraft684
C9.Mang0306
Sick201
febbydoto14
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick686
BasetradeTV225
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2208
Other Games
• Shiphtur866
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
2h 59m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
4h 59m
AI Arena Tournament
9h 59m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
11h 59m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 2h
Patches Events
1d 7h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.