• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:02
CEST 11:02
KST 18:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10378 users

Smash Bros. Melee General Discussion - Page 55

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 53 54 55 56 57 188 Next
We have created an irc channel (#tl-smash on Quakenet) for people to find others to play with on Dolphin or just to chat about Smash. Feel free to join!
rabidch
Profile Joined January 2010
United States20289 Posts
February 22 2014 23:35 GMT
#1081
On February 23 2014 07:00 Kyuukyuu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2014 19:05 rabidch wrote:
for anybody who uses a xbox360 controller to play is it any good or should i just buy a usb adapter for gc controller


well you can't exactly bring those to tournaments so unless you want to only play online for the rest of your "career" i'd invest in an adapter

im not looking to go competitive in smash, i already learned i'm content with sucking at the game after playing decent socal players but i still want to play it for fun and if i get an xbox 360 controller i can use it for other stuff as well.

as it stands im just going to get an xbox360 controller since people say its playable even if its not as good
LiquidDota StaffOnly a true king can play the King.
LuckoftheIrish
Profile Joined November 2011
United States4791 Posts
February 24 2014 00:45 GMT
#1082
Did M2K win Shuffle V? Or was it hbox?
On Twitter @GosuGamers_LotI | Grubby has a huge head!
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
February 24 2014 00:47 GMT
#1083
On February 24 2014 09:45 LuckoftheIrish wrote:
Did M2K win Shuffle V? Or was it hbox?

m2k won
puppykiller
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States3137 Posts
February 24 2014 02:56 GMT
#1084
I'm having a lot of trouble with Falcon racking up damage at low % without getting hit. How do I do this! (Vs Marth).

Has this thread become simple questions simple answers for melee????
Why would I play sctoo when I can play BW?
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
February 24 2014 04:40 GMT
#1085
yoooo ken beat macD at SSS today

On February 24 2014 11:56 puppykiller wrote:
I'm having a lot of trouble with Falcon racking up damage at low % without getting hit. How do I do this! (Vs Marth).

Show nested quote +
Has this thread become simple questions simple answers for melee????


you're gonna have to be more specific with the problem... "how to do damage and not get hit" isn't very descriptive lol. dash dance moar is the only advice i can give for something like that
BrTarolg
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United Kingdom3574 Posts
February 24 2014 09:45 GMT
#1086
On February 24 2014 13:40 Kyuukyuu wrote:
yoooo ken beat macD at SSS today

Show nested quote +
On February 24 2014 11:56 puppykiller wrote:
I'm having a lot of trouble with Falcon racking up damage at low % without getting hit. How do I do this! (Vs Marth).

Has this thread become simple questions simple answers for melee????


you're gonna have to be more specific with the problem... "how to do damage and not get hit" isn't very descriptive lol. dash dance moar is the only advice i can give for something like that


It's easy every time he comes at you with an aerial just hit him with a disjointed hitbox, it works 100% of the time and you never lose priority
puppykiller
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States3137 Posts
February 24 2014 11:16 GMT
#1087
Hmm what I mean is what moves should I do when he is at low percent. If I do an L-canceled air atk he usually gets a hit off and then subsequent hits.

I'm really new at the moment all I normally do is run around the map as fast as I can and try to catch him off-guard (usually with a Nair) and then follow it up with any moves that I hope to god will kill the shit out of him. This works when he is at higher %'s but when he is low that is when he can get kills on me. I don't really have any concepts of strategy but I am getting more and more consistent with my shffleing and wave-landing every day. I just have no idea what to do strategically in this mu (fortunately my roommate doesn't really know what he is doing either and his play-style can be reduced to wave-dashing a lot and running around recklessly trying to hit me with his sword) and I am curious if anyone knows advice on how to initiate combat at low %'s where I can't stun him or knock him or knock him down with an attack.
Why would I play sctoo when I can play BW?
-Kaiser-
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Canada932 Posts
February 24 2014 11:42 GMT
#1088
On February 24 2014 20:16 puppykiller wrote:
Hmm what I mean is what moves should I do when he is at low percent. If I do an L-canceled air atk he usually gets a hit off and then subsequent hits.

I'm really new at the moment all I normally do is run around the map as fast as I can and try to catch him off-guard (usually with a Nair) and then follow it up with any moves that I hope to god will kill the shit out of him. This works when he is at higher %'s but when he is low that is when he can get kills on me. I don't really have any concepts of strategy but I am getting more and more consistent with my shffleing and wave-landing every day. I just have no idea what to do strategically in this mu (fortunately my roommate doesn't really know what he is doing either and his play-style can be reduced to wave-dashing a lot and running around recklessly trying to hit me with his sword) and I am curious if anyone knows advice on how to initiate combat at low %'s where I can't stun him or knock him or knock him down with an attack.


Grabs and better-spaced aerials are going to be your early damage. At low percents, you want to hit him with the tip of your fast-falled fair just a couple frames before you hit the ground. If he's hitting you after your aerials, you're probably aerial-ing too early. You want to be throwing the attack out after you've already started fast-falling so that he's still in hitstun when you're out of landing lag.
3 Hatch Before Cool
puppykiller
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States3137 Posts
February 24 2014 12:19 GMT
#1089
Thanks
Why would I play sctoo when I can play BW?
Zoler
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden6339 Posts
February 24 2014 12:45 GMT
#1090
You should watch more videos of good marth players and watch what they do really. It's a lot easier to get ideas and to understand the game that way.
Lim Yo Hwan forever!
puppykiller
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States3137 Posts
February 24 2014 12:57 GMT
#1091
Man I try but it's like when I first started SC a long time ago. It's so hard to derive info from the vods and make sense of it.

Atm I'm just trying to get games and advice from people in the local community.
Why would I play sctoo when I can play BW?
puppykiller
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States3137 Posts
February 24 2014 13:19 GMT
#1092
Oh to make it clear... I'm the Falcon, he's the Marth.
Why would I play sctoo when I can play BW?
Zoler
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden6339 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-24 15:02:29
February 24 2014 14:24 GMT
#1093
Work on your combo game, practice A LOT vs lvl 1 cpu marth.

Learn to do upthrow > nair > upthrow > uair > uair > knee (example) stuff. You also need to learn what works, if you only freestyle during combos it will be a lot harder.

Dash dance is really important for falcon, try to dash dance and grab him if he misses with an aerial. Mix up dash dance grabbing and sometimes just going straight in with a nair.

Basic falcon %-info (vs marth): You can start comboing from uthrow when hes around 25-30%+ (into nair or uair). Upthrow > Knee works from like 60-65% to 100-110%.

If you grab him at lower percents than 25-30, you need to downthrow (unless hes a scrub and doesn't do anything if you upthrow him).

If you hit a nair at lower percents you can usually combo it into a grab unless he CC's it.
Lim Yo Hwan forever!
GohgamX
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada1096 Posts
February 24 2014 14:32 GMT
#1094
Wheres the best place to find out whats going on in the Smash community these days? I played a ton in high-school and would love to dable in it again.
Time is a great teacher, unfortunate that it kills all its pupils ...
puppykiller
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States3137 Posts
February 24 2014 14:48 GMT
#1095
Hey thanks man that is super helpful
Why would I play sctoo when I can play BW?
EchOne
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States2906 Posts
February 24 2014 15:00 GMT
#1096
On February 24 2014 23:32 GohgamX wrote:
Wheres the best place to find out whats going on in the Smash community these days? I played a ton in high-school and would love to dable in it again.

Smashboards.com

Puppykiller, Zoler pretty much covered the basics of what you should be working on, but I just wanna double-stress that you should be aiming to get grabs. Grabs grabs grabs. Ok I'm done.
面白くない世の中, 面白くすればいいさ
Zoler
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden6339 Posts
February 24 2014 15:13 GMT
#1097
On February 25 2014 00:00 EchOne wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 24 2014 23:32 GohgamX wrote:
Wheres the best place to find out whats going on in the Smash community these days? I played a ton in high-school and would love to dable in it again.

Smashboards.com

Puppykiller, Zoler pretty much covered the basics of what you should be working on, but I just wanna double-stress that you should be aiming to get grabs. Grabs grabs grabs. Ok I'm done.


Grabs are broken vs marth indeed.

I forgot to add as well that you shouldn't be afraid to shield his aerials. Usually you can nair OOS (out of shield) to catch him, even if he's out of your grab range.
Lim Yo Hwan forever!
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
February 24 2014 19:04 GMT
#1098
Yeah, every character's grabs poop on Marth. Rough life
BrTarolg
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United Kingdom3574 Posts
February 24 2014 23:46 GMT
#1099
except for shiek on pal lol
I hate playing shiek on pal

Also learn to gentlemen from l-cancelled aerials it makes most of your aerial approaches uncounterable and safe if you do them right with the correct spacing
Zoler
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden6339 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-25 01:51:24
February 25 2014 01:51 GMT
#1100
On February 25 2014 08:46 BrTarolg wrote:
except for shiek on pal lol
I hate playing shiek on pal

Also learn to gentlemen from l-cancelled aerials it makes most of your aerial approaches uncounterable and safe if you do them right with the correct spacing


Gentleman is a good advice, I forgot that he probably played NTSC. Though gentleman doesn't make missing aerials safe, just a bit less risky, but still punishable.
Lim Yo Hwan forever!
Prev 1 53 54 55 56 57 188 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 58m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 854
Soulkey 315
Larva 209
Soma 199
Mind 69
ZerO 63
soO 29
scan(afreeca) 23
ajuk12(nOOB) 22
zelot 8
League of Legends
JimRising 545
Counter-Strike
edward142
Other Games
summit1g8836
singsing1486
gofns1328
Coldzera 685
WinterStarcraft636
Sick215
Pyrionflax23
ZerO(Twitch)9
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick686
BasetradeTV255
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 22
• LUISG 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2239
League of Legends
• Jankos2354
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
58m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
2h 58m
AI Arena Tournament
7h 58m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
9h 58m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d
Patches Events
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.