• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:47
CEST 21:47
KST 04:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9914 users

Smash Bros. Melee General Discussion

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 186 187 188 Next
We have created an irc channel (#tl-smash on Quakenet) for people to find others to play with on Dolphin or just to chat about Smash. Feel free to join!
Zapdos_Smithh
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada2620 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-02 10:06:43
October 06 2009 01:37 GMT
#1
Where you at TL? I've noticed there are quite a few of us who play Melee so I figured we need a thread (and smashboards threads are horrible). This thread is for all discussions related to Melee including tournaments, players, strategy, etc..

Mandatory highlight video that shows how awesome melee is:



TLers:

Zapdos_Smithh
Main: Peach
Active: Since July 2009
Location: Vancouver, B.C.

Athos
Main: Jigglypuff/Falco
Active: Been playing since the game came out. Competitive wise, I've only been to a few tournaments, and at most of them I got my ass handed too me. However I still I think I'm decent :D
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Chau
Main: Jigglypuff / Marth
Active: Played...a couple years in Junior High, then a few hours every week at High School. Nowhere near competitive level, although I'm better than most casual players
Location: Edmonton, Alberta

d3_crescentia
Main: Falco
Active: previously from 2005-2007, and now
Location: Gaithersburg, MD

ThatGuy
Main: Young Link
Active: Competitively, 2005-Current
Location: Montreal, QC

Humbug
Main: Ice Climbers
Active: Played awhile back when melee first came out, started playing "real" melee around 2007 when my friends and I started up a smash club at school. It's gone now. What's left is a group of about 4 smashers (including me) that often play at school after school's over.
Location: Bay Area, CA

shavingcream66
Main: Marth/Shiek
Active: not competitive but better than the casual gamer
Location:

Meta
Main: Shiek, Doctor Mario
Active: Haven't played in some time because I can't find the power cord for my gamecube, but I've been playing since it's release, about 8 years now. Not quite competitive, but way above casual.
Location: Boulder/Denver, Colorado

Misrah
Main: Mewtwo
Active: Been playing at a competitive level for around 5 years. One of the best, if not the best M2 player in the midwest states.
Location: Green Bay Wisconsin

gamecrazy67
Main: Captain Falcon
Active: 2 years in high school, met friends who played smash competitvely and they pound my sorry ass, but i'm way above casual. Not competitive because i'm missing the tech skill
Location: Bellflower, CA

Kaialynn
Main: Game and Watch, Jigglypuff
Active: 5-6 years, the tournament scene in Colorado is pretty dead though and most of the ones that have popped up i've been too busy to go to, so i'm probably not all that great, know the usual Wavedash Shffl and others, just never played with any super competitive players.
Location: Fort Collins, CO

ketomai
Main: Fox, Falcon
Active: Haven't been active since 2005-6ish (to give you an idea, m2k was still a noobie that I could beat back then). As a smasher I was previously known as nevake and mostly only played when MLG Dallas came or with the other North Texans/Houston people. I still play for fun though; my falcon skill hasn't deteriorated much. I also play a lot of BtT.
Location: Right now, Waco, Texas

Zoler
Main: Sheik
Active: 1.5 months
Location: Sweden

numLoCK
Main: Marth, second Falco
Active: Haven't played much at all since Ken was the Man, followed M2K a little bit but not much. No idea what is going on in the scene right now, but always nice to catch up
Location: BC, Canada

Boxman (X)
Active: Almost 5 years
Mains: Sheik, Fox, Marth
Location:

Kyuukyuu
Main: Falco
Active: Started competitively in '05, been playing on and off. I've been "off" for the past half a year or so but I'm starting up again.
Location: Vancouver, BC

Zephyris (or Will)
Main: Cpt. Falcon, Marth
Active: Started last fall, been playing pretty often, attending like four tournaments, until this fall when my smash teacher went to grad school. I'm very bad though. Like wow hella bad.
Location: Williamsburg, VA

Dekuschrub
Main: Marth/Fox
Active
Location: Midwest USA

Rocky
Main: Falco
Active: Was active a year ago but stopped because training partner left. Training partner came back, I'm back in business.
Location: SoCal

Jazriel
Main: Falco
Active: 2k7 to now
Location: Ontario Canada

synapse
Main: Sheik/Pikachu
Active: played at friend's house since game came out (once or twice a week), actually active since around 2 years ago.
Location: New Jersey

snorlax
Main: Fox/Falco
Active: Yes
Location: SF Bay Area USA

Dullahan
Main: Puff (/Marth)
Active: 06-early/mid 09
Location: New Haven, CT

Cynan
Main: Samus/Falco
Active: Never been competitive really
Location: Quebec City, Canada\

BalloonFight

Main: Marth (best)/Fox/Shiek
Active: Active for the last 2 years, took a break previously of 2 years before that. Am quite good and have played basically everyone who's considered great at this game. (mango/m2k/zhu, etc)
Location: San Diego
Zapdos_Smithh
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada2620 Posts
October 06 2009 01:39 GMT
#2
I'll start with a topic. Anybody going to Pound 4? Predictions for who do you think will win? I think Zhu will do really well this tournament for some reason. He is playing really dope lately.

Btw info about me (feel free to post about yourself as well and I will put it in the list):

resonance
Main: Peach
Active For: 3 months
Location: Vancouver, B.C., Canada
Athos
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States2484 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-06 01:43:06
October 06 2009 01:42 GMT
#3
Athos
Main: Jigglypuff/Falco
Active: Been playing since the game came out. Competitive wise, I've only been to a few tournaments, and at most of them I got my ass handed too me. However I still I think I'm decent :D
Location: Philadelphia, PA
SkylineSC
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States564 Posts
October 06 2009 01:49 GMT
#4
wow so gosu thanks for the clip.

i got a GC just for melee hehehe... so addicting.
Chau
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada408 Posts
October 06 2009 01:49 GMT
#5
Chau
Main: Jigglypuff / Marth <- Can't really be considered good at Marth, since I can't quite get the Ken Combo down. T-T
Active: Played...a couple years in Junior High, then a few hours every week at High School. Nowhere near competitive level, although I'm better than most casual players
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
HeavOnEarth
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States7087 Posts
October 06 2009 01:50 GMT
#6
played one day ! ^_^
"come korea next time... FXO house... 10 korean, 10 korean"
d3_crescentia
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4054 Posts
October 06 2009 01:59 GMT
#7
d3_crescentia (aka crescentia on smashboards)
Main: Falco
Active: previously from 2005-2007, and now
Location: Gaithersburg, MD

I've been to some of the local MD/DC/NoVA events a few years ago, and I went to a bunch of tourneys in Cleveland/Columbus OH when I was going to college there. In late 2005 I made top 16 at a tournament, but it's because it was filled with scrubs in pools. I then faced Mew2King in the first round of double elimination and got raped T_T
once, not long ago, there was a moon here
pandabearguy
Profile Joined June 2008
United States252 Posts
October 06 2009 02:25 GMT
#8
aka [ucr]pandabearg. much <3
ThatGuy
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada695 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-06 02:28:44
October 06 2009 02:28 GMT
#9
ThatGuy (ThatGuy @ SWF)
Main: Young Link
Active: Competitively, 2005-Current
Location: Montreal, QC

Here's a SmashWiki entry I made for tournament reference: http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Thatguy . I've been a very active participant in the Montreal community. For the past year and a half, I've been playing a lot of Brawl competitively, but I've recently dropped it as of late to play more Melee and Brawl+. I used Captain Falcon for the majority of my Smash career, but now I'm using Young Link.

I'd be more than happy to help with any advice regarding the Montreal scene or competitive smash in general.

I have some old videos of me floating on youtube, here are some of my favorites:









Yeah, vintage Kage
Humbug
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States264 Posts
October 06 2009 02:28 GMT
#10
Humbug
Main: Ice Climbers
Active: Played awhile back when melee first came out, started playing "real" melee around 2007 when my friends and I started up a smash club at school. It's gone now. What's left is a group of about 4 smashers (including me) that often play at school after school's over.
Location: Bay Area, CA

Was going to go the the tourney up in San Fran this saturday, but decided against it since I really don't want to be out for ~10 hours (can't drive yet, so would have to wait for specific train times).

Also, jigglypuff is a stupid character xx".
What is an angel? Show me an angel and I shall paint one
shavingcream66
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States1219 Posts
October 06 2009 02:35 GMT
#11
Main: Marth/Shiek
Active: not competitive but better than the casual gamer

Zapdos_Smithh
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada2620 Posts
October 06 2009 02:36 GMT
#12
Cool videos ThatGuy. Are you going to Pound 4? Not tooo far from you I think eh?

On October 06 2009 11:28 Humbug wrote:
Also, jigglypuff is a stupid character xx".


Lol yep I will agree there.
ThatGuy
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada695 Posts
October 06 2009 02:39 GMT
#13
On October 06 2009 11:36 resonance wrote:
Cool videos ThatGuy. Are you going to Pound 4? Not tooo far from you I think eh?

Show nested quote +
On October 06 2009 11:28 Humbug wrote:
Also, jigglypuff is a stupid character xx".


Lol yep I will agree there.


It's decently far, like 8 hours driving. I won't be going due to school, finances, and lack of interest.
kefkalives
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Australia1272 Posts
October 06 2009 02:44 GMT
#14
Proxi.jarc HWAITING.
prOxi.bOn ; \\ What makes most people feel happy/Leads us headlong into harm.
Meta
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States6228 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-06 03:16:05
October 06 2009 03:14 GMT
#15
Meta
Main: Shiek, Doctor Mario
Active: Haven't played in some time because I can't find the power cord for my gamecube, but I've been playing since it's release, about 8 years now. Not quite competitive, but way above casual.
Location: Boulder/Denver, Colorado
good vibes only
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
October 06 2009 03:29 GMT
#16
Finland's best player for about 2 years 2005-2006, currently top 3-6 depending on the day. Main Marth, Falco, secondaries all top and high tiers, Zelda, Pikachu, Pichu. Currently quite inactive. Nearly perfect tech skill with both characters, know all advanced techs really well, can empty pivot and waveshine and drillshine and what have you.

Great at comboing and 0-death stuff and chaingrabs, but mindgames and match-up knowledge not good enough, ='( I'd still say I'm one of the better players here!
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
Misrah
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States1695 Posts
October 06 2009 03:41 GMT
#17
Misrah

Main: Mew two
Active: Been playing at a competitive level for around 5 years. One of the best, if not the best M2 player in the midwest states.

Location: Green Bay Wisconsin
A thread vaguely bashing SC2? SWARM ON, LOW POST COUNT BRETHREN! DEFEND THE GLORIOUS GAME THAT IS OUR LIVELIHOOD
Zapdos_Smithh
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada2620 Posts
October 06 2009 04:02 GMT
#18
Mk added you guys (I will add you shikyo when you give me main/active/location).

Anyway, predictions for Pound 4??? I think:

1. Armada
2. Zhu
3. Mango

No love for east coast rofl. I have a feeling Mango's reign will be over soon as well, that guy has just been too dominant for so long.
gamecrazy
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States421 Posts
October 06 2009 04:19 GMT
#19
gamecrazy67

Main: Captain Falcon
Active: 2 years in high school, met friends who played smash competitvely and they pound my sorry ass, but i'm way above casual. Not competitive because i'm missing the tech skill
Location: Bellflower, CA
crate
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States2474 Posts
October 06 2009 04:33 GMT
#20
imo Champaign Combos (and its sequel) are the best Melee combo videos out there.

I main Sheik and I probably suck now because I don't really play any more. Oh well. I think I stopped caring to get better about a year ago or so. I'm on-par with most of the Cleveland area other than the actually good people.

Location: Oberlin, OH.
We did. You did. Yes we can. No. || http://crawl.akrasiac.org/scoring/players/crate.html || twitch.tv/crate3333
1 2 3 4 5 186 187 188 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 519
UpATreeSC 101
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1012
Dewaltoss 126
firebathero 85
Zeus 67
Trap 41
910 41
Bale 26
NaDa 23
ToSsGirL 21
Shine 15
Dota 2
Gorgc6565
420jenkins260
monkeys_forever15
Counter-Strike
edward1036
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS145
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu2158
Other Games
summit1g5171
Grubby2861
Beastyqt661
B2W.Neo658
byalli420
shahzam370
KnowMe157
TKL 142
C9.Mang0130
Railgan18
Chillindude12
ToD2
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV272
BasetradeTV224
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream112
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 11
• Reevou 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur314
• WagamamaTV274
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
4h 13m
Kung Fu Cup
15h 13m
Stellar Fest
17h 13m
The PondCast
1d 14h
OSC
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.