• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:08
CEST 02:08
KST 09:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 5963 users

Smash Bros. Melee General Discussion - Page 2

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 186 187 188 Next
We have created an irc channel (#tl-smash on Quakenet) for people to find others to play with on Dolphin or just to chat about Smash. Feel free to join!
Kaialynn
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States242 Posts
October 06 2009 04:42 GMT
#21
Kaialynn

Main: Game and Watch, Jigglypuff

Active: 5-6 years, the tournament scene in Colorado is pretty dead though and most of the ones that have popped up i've been too busy to go to, so i'm probably not all that great, know the usual Wavedash Shffl and others, just never played with any super competitive players.

Location: Fort Collins, CO (I'd love to play some games if there's any TLers in Foco).
R u for rela?
13375poolR
Profile Joined October 2009
United States6 Posts
October 06 2009 05:36 GMT
#22
--- Nuked ---
SaveYourSavior
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States1071 Posts
October 06 2009 16:53 GMT
#23
i play competitively in california for about 8 months

but i prefer to stay anonymous for now. ranked californians are pretty tough

main: captain falcon

location: la, california


pac west smashboards is awesome don't know what ur talkin about
a
DarkOptik
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
452 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-06 18:03:48
October 06 2009 18:01 GMT
#24
On October 06 2009 13:02 resonance wrote:
Mk added you guys (I will add you shikyo when you give me main/active/location).

Anyway, predictions for Pound 4??? I think:

1. Armada
2. Zhu
3. Mango

No love for east coast rofl. I have a feeling Mango's reign will be over soon as well, that guy has just been too dominant for so long.


Those are quite strange predictions in my opinion. Surely Armada is a solid contender against Mango, but at most I would give him 50-50. If you watched the GF of Genesis, it became quite clear by the end that Mango was completely dominating Armada and had adapted to Armada's playstyle. Hence the switch from Peach to Fox on the very last match. Of course, it's been a while since Genesis, but I think I will side with history until proven otherwise.

As for Mango vs Zhu...well. Zhu is mad good, no doubt about that. But still, this is Mango, who handed Zhu's ass to him in close to every time they met up in all those tournies in CA for over the past year. I don't even think Zhu has won a set against him: all the finals I remember watching were strong wins by Mango. And I believe Mango didn't even play Puff against him.
dekuschrub
Profile Joined May 2008
United States2069 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-06 18:28:38
October 06 2009 18:27 GMT
#25
dekuschrub

im pretty active. i play marth and fox

i was in champaign combos that crate speaks of

and yeah i can't see zhu beating mango
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-06 18:59:33
October 06 2009 18:56 GMT
#26
On October 06 2009 13:02 resonance wrote:
Mk added you guys (I will add you shikyo when you give me main/active/location).

Anyway, predictions for Pound 4??? I think:

1. Armada
2. Zhu
3. Mango

No love for east coast rofl. I have a feeling Mango's reign will be over soon as well, that guy has just been too dominant for so long.

Read my post for all three.

By the way, I got Armada's Peach down to 2 stocks with Fox! And yeah Armada is the best ez, europe > US as always =D Armada will be #1.



By the way guys, I have a tournament coming up next weekend. Some players from sweden will be coming, Armada is also pretty likely.

EDIT: Oh, no armada =/ Yuna though... oh god nightmares...
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
caldo149
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States469 Posts
October 06 2009 20:05 GMT
#27
On October 06 2009 13:02 resonance wrote:
Mk added you guys (I will add you shikyo when you give me main/active/location).

Anyway, predictions for Pound 4??? I think:

1. Armada
2. Zhu
3. Mango

No love for east coast rofl. I have a feeling Mango's reign will be over soon as well, that guy has just been too dominant for so long.


rofl are you kidding Mango will DESTROY EVERYONE in 2009. =)

seriously though I think Mango is pretty damn good. Definitely better than Zhu, and about even with Armada.
+ Show Spoiler [Genesis Grand Finals Set1 Game4] +

The games at Genesis were hella legit, definitely watch 'em if you haven't. I got really mad when I found out that I was in the same city the weekend of Genesis, totally didn't know at the time D=

Hellions are my homeboys
dekuschrub
Profile Joined May 2008
United States2069 Posts
October 06 2009 20:06 GMT
#28
hahah i don't think i would say europe> usa quite yet. espescially if armada is your only good player we've seen yet
ketomai
Profile Joined June 2007
United States2789 Posts
October 06 2009 20:12 GMT
#29
ketomai

Main: Fox, Falcon

Active: Haven't been active since 2005-6ish (to give you an idea, m2k was still a noobie that I could beat back then). As a smasher I was previously known as nevake and mostly only played when MLG Dallas came or with the other North Texans/Houston people. I still play for fun though; my falcon skill hasn't deteriorated much. I also play a lot of BtT.

Location: Right now, Waco, Texas.
Zoler
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden6339 Posts
October 06 2009 20:12 GMT
#30

Main: Sheik
Active: 1.5 months
Location: Sweden

I've been to one tourney so far and I'm pretty decent imo even though I havent been playing for long. I'm soon going to another 2 tourneys
Lim Yo Hwan forever!
Zoler
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden6339 Posts
October 06 2009 20:13 GMT
#31
On October 07 2009 05:06 dekuschrub wrote:
hahah i don't think i would say europe> usa quite yet. espescially if armada is your only good player we've seen yet


Armada is the only good player that went to USA and he pwned everything. ONE player. Get it? Pound 4 is gonna be soo fun *evil laugh*
Lim Yo Hwan forever!
SaveYourSavior
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States1071 Posts
October 06 2009 20:32 GMT
#32
On October 06 2009 13:02 resonance wrote:
Mk added you guys (I will add you shikyo when you give me main/active/location).

Anyway, predictions for Pound 4??? I think:

1. Armada
2. Zhu
3. Mango

No love for east coast rofl. I have a feeling Mango's reign will be over soon as well, that guy has just been too dominant for so long.


Mango's secret to his success is figuring out the flow of his opponents. Your best chance to beat him is to beat him before he figures you out like how Armada almost beat him

and when he does you won't win, look at set 3 or if set 2 game 5 where mango, according to him, sand bagged for 3 stocks as soon as he got that rest to make the match more exciting, could be mangos ego though

Zhu is very very good but Mango has not failed to rape him consistently, I personally think some East coasters like DaShizWiz would take Zhu out.
a
Jazriel
Profile Joined April 2008
Canada404 Posts
October 06 2009 21:37 GMT
#33
Melee is one of the best games ever.

Jazriel
Living in Ontario Canada
Been playing for a while, maybe 2 years now. I'm not amazing but after a few games I usually figure people out and start going 50/50. I main Falco and second Marth. I also play Falcon, Fox, Sheik, & Link somewhat well. Gone to a few tourney's, usually didn't participate. I have really solid tech skill, just working on some of the fancier things but I can do most anything.
#1 LoL player
ThatGuy
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada695 Posts
October 06 2009 22:21 GMT
#34
On October 07 2009 06:37 Jazriel wrote:
Melee is one of the best games ever.

Jazriel
Living in Ontario Canada
Been playing for a while, maybe 2 years now. I'm not amazing but after a few games I usually figure people out and start going 50/50. I main Falco and second Marth. I also play Falcon, Fox, Sheik, & Link somewhat well. Gone to a few tourney's, usually didn't participate. I have really solid tech skill, just working on some of the fancier things but I can do most anything.


Goddamn, lurk more eh?

Are you back in Ottawa now?
numLoCK
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada1416 Posts
October 06 2009 22:24 GMT
#35
Oh I spent so much of my life on this game ^.^
Main: Marth, second Falco
Active: Haven't played much at all since Ken was the Man, followed M2K a little bit but not much. No idea what is going on in the scene right now, but always nice to catch up
Location: BC, Canada
Boxman
Profile Joined July 2009
United States19 Posts
October 06 2009 23:41 GMT
#36
Boxman (X)

Active: Almost 5 years

Mains: Sheik, Fox, Marth

I've played for quite a while, I frequently play with some of my best friends Darc (of Jigglypuff fame) and Dazwa. I've played almost every really good pro. I created the Bladebreakers, the largest smash crew ever. I like to toot my own horn =)
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
October 06 2009 23:52 GMT
#37
Kyuukyuu

Main: Falco
Active: Started competitively in '05, been playing on and off. I've been "off" for the past half a year or so but I'm starting up again.
Location: Vancouver, BC (hit me up resonance!)
dekuschrub
Profile Joined May 2008
United States2069 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-07 00:38:29
October 07 2009 00:25 GMT
#38
On October 07 2009 08:41 Boxman wrote:
Boxman (X)

Active: Almost 5 years

Mains: Sheik, Fox, Marth

I've played for quite a while, I frequently play with some of my best friends Darc (of Jigglypuff fame) and Dazwa. I've played almost every really good pro. I created the Bladebreakers, the largest smash crew ever. I like to toot my own horn =)



darc and dazwa are amazinggg


so who from this thread is goin to pound 4?
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
October 07 2009 00:57 GMT
#39
On October 07 2009 05:12 ketomai wrote:
ketomai

Main: Fox, Falcon

Active: Haven't been active since 2005-6ish (to give you an idea, m2k was still a noobie that I could beat back then). As a smasher I was previously known as nevake and mostly only played when MLG Dallas came or with the other North Texans/Houston people. I still play for fun though; my falcon skill hasn't deteriorated much. I also play a lot of BtT.

Location: Right now, Waco, Texas.

Mmm think that was a bit earlier than that. It was funny when mew2king was just a nolifer who did the whole ssbm stats info with like 100 pages all by himself, and bragged about being able to short hop laser with falco. Then I guess he decided to become good and in 2006 he already rocked, and 2007 was unbeatable.
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
EchOne
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States2906 Posts
October 07 2009 00:58 GMT
#40
Zephyris or Will

Mains: Cpt. Falcon, Marth
Active: Started last fall, been playing pretty often, attending like four tournaments, until this fall when my smash teacher went to grad school. I'm very bad though. Like wow hella bad.
Location: Williamsburg, VA
面白くない世の中, 面白くすればいいさ
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 186 187 188 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 52m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1859
Artosis 656
White-Ra 128
910 45
Dota 2
monkeys_forever566
NeuroSwarm175
Counter-Strike
m0e_tv230
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe152
Heroes of the Storm
Trikslyr119
Other Games
summit1g8171
shahzam585
JimRising 454
C9.Mang0310
ArmadaUGS71
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick753
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream321
Other Games
BasetradeTV195
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 130
• Letter147
• davetesta6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki16
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 52m
Afreeca Starleague
9h 52m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
23h 52m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.