• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:00
CEST 08:00
KST 15:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8455 users

Map of the Swarm - Page 4

Forum Index > Final Edits
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Hans-Titan
Profile Blog Joined March 2005
Denmark1711 Posts
May 14 2009 18:48 GMT
#61
Wow. Amazing writeup, thanks SO much for taking the time to do this. I don't follow the pro-scene that extensively so any updates served as well as this one are most welcome.

Keep up the good work
Trying is the first step towards failure, and hope is the first step towards disappointment!
GHOSTCLAW
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States17042 Posts
May 14 2009 20:24 GMT
#62
On May 15 2009 03:10 Elyvilon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 15 2009 01:37 GHOSTCLAW wrote:
nice read. Good analysis as well. I really hope that they replace the map before the end of this season...ZvZ's are getting tiring (as is watching jd and lux win every single game on the map -_-


Fun fact: Lux has not won a game on this map.

Amazing article Konadora, thanks! That said, I don't think that we'll see a non-zerg victory on this map. I don't think there's some amazing strategy that just hasn't been seen yet, though I really hope so, since Battle Royal has some really cool concepts.


oh really? -_-;; Sorry. I kind of assumed that he had because his zvz is pretty good. Now that I think about it more, I guess yarnc has been winning on that map iirc.
PhotographerLiquipedia. Drop me a pm if you've got questions/need help.
MagisterMan
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Sweden525 Posts
May 14 2009 21:29 GMT
#63
Looks sick, I'll surely read it tomorrow, bed time now.
Nachos?
seppolevne
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada1681 Posts
May 14 2009 21:44 GMT
#64
Great article! Its too bad the map turned out like it did.
J- Pirate Udyr WW T- Pirate Riven Galio M- Galio Annie S- Sona Lux -- Always farm, never carry.
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
May 14 2009 22:38 GMT
#65
On May 15 2009 05:24 GHOSTCLAW wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 15 2009 03:10 Elyvilon wrote:
On May 15 2009 01:37 GHOSTCLAW wrote:
nice read. Good analysis as well. I really hope that they replace the map before the end of this season...ZvZ's are getting tiring (as is watching jd and lux win every single game on the map -_-


Fun fact: Lux has not won a game on this map.

Amazing article Konadora, thanks! That said, I don't think that we'll see a non-zerg victory on this map. I don't think there's some amazing strategy that just hasn't been seen yet, though I really hope so, since Battle Royal has some really cool concepts.


oh really? -_-;; Sorry. I kind of assumed that he had because his zvz is pretty good. Now that I think about it more, I guess yarnc has been winning on that map iirc.

Lol still confused with the twins huh...
POGGERS
RoieTRS
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States2569 Posts
May 14 2009 23:14 GMT
#66
On May 15 2009 07:38 konadora wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 15 2009 05:24 GHOSTCLAW wrote:
On May 15 2009 03:10 Elyvilon wrote:
On May 15 2009 01:37 GHOSTCLAW wrote:
nice read. Good analysis as well. I really hope that they replace the map before the end of this season...ZvZ's are getting tiring (as is watching jd and lux win every single game on the map -_-


Fun fact: Lux has not won a game on this map.

Amazing article Konadora, thanks! That said, I don't think that we'll see a non-zerg victory on this map. I don't think there's some amazing strategy that just hasn't been seen yet, though I really hope so, since Battle Royal has some really cool concepts.


oh really? -_-;; Sorry. I kind of assumed that he had because his zvz is pretty good. Now that I think about it more, I guess yarnc has been winning on that map iirc.

Lol still confused with the twins huh...

I actually do that too sometimes. Just because everyone says their twins, it makes a weird connection between them.
konadora, in Racenilatr's blog: "you need to stop thinking about starcraft or anything computer-related for that matter. It's becoming a bad addiction imo"
Nanoo
Profile Joined March 2009
229 Posts
May 14 2009 23:15 GMT
#67
great article Konadora...really nice read...

Bisu (PvZ king) should challange this map...
Mykill
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada3402 Posts
May 15 2009 00:03 GMT
#68
great article.
looks like this map will just be ZvZ fest
[~~The Impossible Leads To Invention~~] CJ Entusman #52 The problem with internet quotations is that they are hard to verify -Abraham Lincoln c.1863
GHOSTCLAW
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States17042 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-15 01:32:57
May 15 2009 01:29 GMT
#69
On May 15 2009 08:14 RoieTRS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 15 2009 07:38 konadora wrote:
On May 15 2009 05:24 GHOSTCLAW wrote:
On May 15 2009 03:10 Elyvilon wrote:
On May 15 2009 01:37 GHOSTCLAW wrote:
nice read. Good analysis as well. I really hope that they replace the map before the end of this season...ZvZ's are getting tiring (as is watching jd and lux win every single game on the map -_-


Fun fact: Lux has not won a game on this map.

Amazing article Konadora, thanks! That said, I don't think that we'll see a non-zerg victory on this map. I don't think there's some amazing strategy that just hasn't been seen yet, though I really hope so, since Battle Royal has some really cool concepts.


oh really? -_-;; Sorry. I kind of assumed that he had because his zvz is pretty good. Now that I think about it more, I guess yarnc has been winning on that map iirc.

Lol still confused with the twins huh...

I actually do that too sometimes. Just because everyone says their twins, it makes a weird connection between them.


One of them should play a different race. They look similar as well. It's tough sometimes if you can't read the names, or the team names on the top. >.> Then you just end up guessing, especially in mirrors (although if you watch enough games, you can start learning korean names! there's only...26 characters...I think...)

and just if anyone wants to answer it >.> Why isn't this map P>Z>T>P balanced? I've asked it in every thread that's been made about battle royal, and haven't gotten a good answer yet...To reiterate the arguments that I've made in the previous 2 threads on the subject, I would think that you could get the easy two bases like on gods garden, and then your third is even further away zerg. It's an open map once you break out, but P gets to stay on 2 bases for basically the whole game, and the fact that the other bases are open should make a timing attack pretty viable (and make getting the third for P tough as well, but I don't think that the games would last that long). I also think that a 9/9 proxy in the middle would allow protoss to get the initiative, and if it dosen't do damage then protoss can take out the zerg assims, and leave the middle as a possible (although kind of dumb imo) double gas third.
PhotographerLiquipedia. Drop me a pm if you've got questions/need help.
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
May 15 2009 05:21 GMT
#70
lol wow you must type like 500 words a minute to be able to pull this article out ANDh it over 1400 posts in a week. Jesus Christ.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
defenestrate
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States579 Posts
May 15 2009 07:05 GMT
#71
Excellent article.
We believe that we invent symbols. The truth is that they invent us; we are their creatures, shaped by their hard, defining edges.
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
May 15 2009 08:18 GMT
#72
On May 15 2009 10:29 GHOSTCLAW wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 15 2009 08:14 RoieTRS wrote:
On May 15 2009 07:38 konadora wrote:
On May 15 2009 05:24 GHOSTCLAW wrote:
On May 15 2009 03:10 Elyvilon wrote:
On May 15 2009 01:37 GHOSTCLAW wrote:
nice read. Good analysis as well. I really hope that they replace the map before the end of this season...ZvZ's are getting tiring (as is watching jd and lux win every single game on the map -_-


Fun fact: Lux has not won a game on this map.

Amazing article Konadora, thanks! That said, I don't think that we'll see a non-zerg victory on this map. I don't think there's some amazing strategy that just hasn't been seen yet, though I really hope so, since Battle Royal has some really cool concepts.


oh really? -_-;; Sorry. I kind of assumed that he had because his zvz is pretty good. Now that I think about it more, I guess yarnc has been winning on that map iirc.

Lol still confused with the twins huh...

I actually do that too sometimes. Just because everyone says their twins, it makes a weird connection between them.


One of them should play a different race. They look similar as well. It's tough sometimes if you can't read the names, or the team names on the top. >.> Then you just end up guessing, especially in mirrors (although if you watch enough games, you can start learning korean names! there's only...26 characters...I think...)

and just if anyone wants to answer it >.> Why isn't this map P>Z>T>P balanced? I've asked it in every thread that's been made about battle royal, and haven't gotten a good answer yet...To reiterate the arguments that I've made in the previous 2 threads on the subject, I would think that you could get the easy two bases like on gods garden, and then your third is even further away zerg. It's an open map once you break out, but P gets to stay on 2 bases for basically the whole game, and the fact that the other bases are open should make a timing attack pretty viable (and make getting the third for P tough as well, but I don't think that the games would last that long). I also think that a 9/9 proxy in the middle would allow protoss to get the initiative, and if it dosen't do damage then protoss can take out the zerg assims, and leave the middle as a possible (although kind of dumb imo) double gas third.

That's because there will probably never be a TvP and we'll never find out before it's gone :3
POGGERS
vx70GTOJudgexv
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States3161 Posts
May 15 2009 09:30 GMT
#73
Konadora takes the term FE to a whole new level

5000+ posts in < 3 months. Holy shit dude.

Great read, btw. Awesome insight on the map. I would lol if Woongjin and eSTRO rig the last match of Round 4 so it goes to the 5set and they set up a TvP or a TvT/PvP. Just to fuck with everyone :p

BTW, ICCUP proves Zerg CAN lose on this map
(-_-) BW for ever. #1 Iris fan.
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
May 15 2009 14:22 GMT
#74
On May 15 2009 18:30 vx70GTOJudgexv wrote:
Konadora takes the term FE to a whole new level

5000+ posts in < 3 months. Holy shit dude.

Great read, btw. Awesome insight on the map. I would lol if Woongjin and eSTRO rig the last match of Round 4 so it goes to the 5set and they set up a TvP or a TvT/PvP. Just to fuck with everyone :p

BTW, ICCUP proves Zerg CAN lose on this map

I played a few PvZs on it lol (played melee though, one including against GTR), 2star corsair-> reaver or carriers with mass cannon is good strategy lol

Haven't figured out how to play TvZ there yet =.="

TvP was nightmare, played with my friend. He went mass speed shuttle reaver/dragoon/zealot drop the whole game, urgh.
POGGERS
ama-cms
Profile Joined April 2009
Finland164 Posts
May 15 2009 16:42 GMT
#75
Id like to see this map put to more use, current ZvZ standard is unbearable. The map looked like so much fun when it came out.

Also, I remember when season 4 hadn't started yet, Idra came out and said that Battle Royale was massively anti-zerg. A little phail there... ;D
spam broodling.
Skeggaba
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Korea (South)1556 Posts
May 15 2009 21:45 GMT
#76
very nice reading - great research!
Bisu[about JD]=I was scared (laughs). The force emanating from his facial expression was so manly that I was even a little jealous.
Random_0
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States1163 Posts
May 15 2009 21:57 GMT
#77
Wonderful post. This really helps me understand this map better.
MuShu
Profile Joined March 2005
United States3223 Posts
May 16 2009 02:39 GMT
#78
nice article, thanks
CursOr
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States6335 Posts
May 16 2009 02:41 GMT
#79
i wanna see more toss on this map!!!! -.-
CJ forever (-_-(-_-(-_-(-_-)-_-)-_-)-_-)
littlechava
Profile Blog Joined March 2004
United States7221 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-16 05:32:27
May 16 2009 05:31 GMT
#80
On May 15 2009 10:29 GHOSTCLAW wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 15 2009 08:14 RoieTRS wrote:
On May 15 2009 07:38 konadora wrote:
On May 15 2009 05:24 GHOSTCLAW wrote:
On May 15 2009 03:10 Elyvilon wrote:
On May 15 2009 01:37 GHOSTCLAW wrote:
nice read. Good analysis as well. I really hope that they replace the map before the end of this season...ZvZ's are getting tiring (as is watching jd and lux win every single game on the map -_-


Fun fact: Lux has not won a game on this map.

Amazing article Konadora, thanks! That said, I don't think that we'll see a non-zerg victory on this map. I don't think there's some amazing strategy that just hasn't been seen yet, though I really hope so, since Battle Royal has some really cool concepts.


oh really? -_-;; Sorry. I kind of assumed that he had because his zvz is pretty good. Now that I think about it more, I guess yarnc has been winning on that map iirc.

Lol still confused with the twins huh...

I actually do that too sometimes. Just because everyone says their twins, it makes a weird connection between them.


One of them should play a different race. They look similar as well. It's tough sometimes if you can't read the names, or the team names on the top. >.> Then you just end up guessing, especially in mirrors (although if you watch enough games, you can start learning korean names! there's only...26 characters...I think...)

and just if anyone wants to answer it >.> Why isn't this map P>Z>T>P balanced? I've asked it in every thread that's been made about battle royal, and haven't gotten a good answer yet...To reiterate the arguments that I've made in the previous 2 threads on the subject, I would think that you could get the easy two bases like on gods garden, and then your third is even further away zerg. It's an open map once you break out, but P gets to stay on 2 bases for basically the whole game, and the fact that the other bases are open should make a timing attack pretty viable (and make getting the third for P tough as well, but I don't think that the games would last that long). I also think that a 9/9 proxy in the middle would allow protoss to get the initiative, and if it dosen't do damage then protoss can take out the zerg assims, and leave the middle as a possible (although kind of dumb imo) double gas third.

I may be missing something here, but when I first really looked at the map I figured it'd be an impossible PvZ map simply because FE would be so vulnerable to lings, and 2 gate would be easily defended by zerg. If toss puts cannons at their small choke and kills the assims, zerg can get a decent sized speedling army early and crack the neutral buildings before the p can afford to lay down cannons to defend their nat+main. If you choose to try cannoning farther back the lings are free to harass either your nat or your main - whichever is least defended. If you 2 gate near your assims you can't really apply pressure with early zeals since it's so easy for zerg to kill their own assims. If you 1 gate tech you can probably defend your small choke early game, but zerg will scout everything you do, and respond accordingly. I just don't see how P has a chance without some ridiculous build like the one in Tempest vs RorO.
Entusman #12
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 1m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 98
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 549
Larva 466
Leta 150
ZergMaN 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm224
League of Legends
JimRising 737
Other Games
summit1g8596
WinterStarcraft495
Mew2King85
ArmadaUGS38
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick859
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream179
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2301
League of Legends
• Rush1347
• Lourlo1114
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 1m
INu's Battles
6h 1m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
9h 1m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 1m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 1m
Replay Cast
17h 1m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 5h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.