• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:08
CEST 19:08
KST 02:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10528 users

Mvp Fan Club - Page 213

Forum Index > Fan Clubs
Post a Reply
Prev 1 211 212 213 214 215 340 Next
Telcontar
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom16710 Posts
October 07 2012 04:17 GMT
#4241
Ouch..... that's what you get, Tauscond, for arguing about nothing.
Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta.
triforks
Profile Joined November 2010
United States370 Posts
October 07 2012 04:30 GMT
#4242
mvp ownz u
Mr.Faces
Profile Joined June 2012
United States121 Posts
October 07 2012 04:41 GMT
#4243
Is it just me or is IMMvp the last player to give you any feel of excitement whatsoever when you hear/watch any SC2 tournament game(s) these days?

Everyone else is just so...boring, so predictable, so monotonous to watch. Same old expand expand macro bullshit every single god damn game. I like cheese, I want cheese, I want aggression, I want innovation, I want tactics and strategy.

IMMvp is the only guy who delivers. May his wrists last us much longer!
I shall prevail
Entirety
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
1423 Posts
October 07 2012 05:13 GMT
#4244
On October 07 2012 13:41 Mr.Faces wrote:
Is it just me or is IMMvp the last player to give you any feel of excitement whatsoever when you hear/watch any SC2 tournament game(s) these days?

Everyone else is just so...boring, so predictable, so monotonous to watch. Same old expand expand macro bullshit every single god damn game. I like cheese, I want cheese, I want aggression, I want innovation, I want tactics and strategy.

IMMvp is the only guy who delivers. May his wrists last us much longer!


That's what was so alluring about his TvZ in 2011...

It was undoubtedly defensive. His tank positioning and game sense was so smart, he defended all the Zerg attacks...

However, his play was never turtley... he always applied pressure without taking any risks. Early marine pressure, hellion contains, Marine/Tank contains, Banshees, Vikings sniping Overlords, Marine drops, Nuke harass, Army movements to snipe 3rd/4th/5th (especially the backdoor rock play on Antiga's 3rd), Marine/Tank elevator play...

What I love about Mvp is that he can do literally ANY Terran build conceivable. And he does pull out builds... when he plays a Bo7 and it goes to 7 games, you can almost guarantee that each game has a different build/style
IMMvp (정종현) | Fan Club: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=211431
lailaiwd
Profile Joined October 2012
United States65 Posts
October 07 2012 05:46 GMT
#4245
Guys, if we watch Mvp's games from 2011, all the GSL games, we can tell that his micro/reaction was sometimes even better than his now. He's hands down the best player of SC2 of all time, factually true. I believe his bad condition is just a temporary hurdle fate has placed for him to overcome. Pray that Mvp recovers soon! You know, guys, all these years I've had many faiths but life has demolished most of them. I still have faith in Mvp, and that's why I'm able to appreciate life amidst such chaotic and fragile times. May he who strives survive chance, fate, and time.

We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are---
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
1842
In Mvp I trust.
Entirety
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
1423 Posts
October 07 2012 05:55 GMT
#4246
We should really compile our fan messages and send them to Mvp. I think Mvp definitely deserves a gift from his fans to show our appreciation for his inspiration and struggles.
IMMvp (정종현) | Fan Club: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=211431
Thorn Raven
Profile Joined November 2010
United States126 Posts
October 07 2012 05:56 GMT
#4247
On October 07 2012 14:46 lailaiwd wrote:
Guys, if we watch Mvp's games from 2011, all the GSL games, we can tell that his micro/reaction was sometimes even better than his now. He's hands down the best player of SC2 of all time, factually true. I believe his bad condition is just a temporary hurdle fate has placed for him to overcome. Pray that Mvp recovers soon! You know, guys, all these years I've had many faiths but life has demolished most of them. I still have faith in Mvp, and that's why I'm able to appreciate life amidst such chaotic and fragile times. May he who strives survive chance, fate, and time.

We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are---
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
1842


Perfect.

I second.
Entirety
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
1423 Posts
October 07 2012 06:17 GMT
#4248
Here's a lovely quote:

On October 01 2012 10:40 PhoenixVoid wrote:
Mvp fans prove to be the most loyal as ever.
IMMvp (정종현) | Fan Club: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=211431
lailaiwd
Profile Joined October 2012
United States65 Posts
October 07 2012 06:28 GMT
#4249
Btw, do you guys also have trouble opening the IM team website http://imteam.co.kr/ ? I'm trying to buy the team's merchandise.
In Mvp I trust.
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
October 07 2012 06:32 GMT
#4250
On October 07 2012 15:28 lailaiwd wrote:
Btw, do you guys also have trouble opening the IM team website http://imteam.co.kr/ ? I'm trying to buy the team's merchandise.


IM Fan Club has links to their stuff, here: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=262959
Luepert
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1934 Posts
October 07 2012 06:46 GMT
#4251
On October 07 2012 15:28 lailaiwd wrote:
Btw, do you guys also have trouble opening the IM team website http://imteam.co.kr/ ? I'm trying to buy the team's merchandise.


It's not just you. The sight went down over a year ago but several months ago the IM coach said a redesigned site was in progress and would be up "soon."
esports
lailaiwd
Profile Joined October 2012
United States65 Posts
October 07 2012 06:54 GMT
#4252
On October 07 2012 15:32 Dodgin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 07 2012 15:28 lailaiwd wrote:
Btw, do you guys also have trouble opening the IM team website http://imteam.co.kr/ ? I'm trying to buy the team's merchandise.


IM Fan Club has links to their stuff, here: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=262959




Yeah you're right, thanks. I actually bought shirt and cap from that supplier, but i'm wondering if the revenue actually goes to the team.
In Mvp I trust.
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
October 07 2012 06:55 GMT
#4253
On October 07 2012 15:54 lailaiwd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 07 2012 15:32 Dodgin wrote:
On October 07 2012 15:28 lailaiwd wrote:
Btw, do you guys also have trouble opening the IM team website http://imteam.co.kr/ ? I'm trying to buy the team's merchandise.


IM Fan Club has links to their stuff, here: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=262959




Yeah you're right, thanks. I actually bought shirt and cap from that supplier, but i'm wondering if the revenue actually goes to the team.


They have a site on googims that has links to the ebay pages, so I assume it goes to them. Googims is one of their sponsors.
Luepert
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1934 Posts
October 07 2012 07:07 GMT
#4254
On October 07 2012 15:54 lailaiwd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 07 2012 15:32 Dodgin wrote:
On October 07 2012 15:28 lailaiwd wrote:
Btw, do you guys also have trouble opening the IM team website http://imteam.co.kr/ ? I'm trying to buy the team's merchandise.


IM Fan Club has links to their stuff, here: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=262959




Yeah you're right, thanks. I actually bought shirt and cap from that supplier, but i'm wondering if the revenue actually goes to the team.


I actually think it might not, at least not directly. The account who sells them also sells tons of other Googims gear. I bet they are just a retailer. There may be some deal where IM gets some of the profit but more likely they just signed a thing when they were sponsored where they can retail their products.
esports
C0MMANDO
Profile Joined March 2012
71 Posts
October 07 2012 07:21 GMT
#4255
sign me up
Tauscond
Profile Joined December 2011
United States181 Posts
October 07 2012 07:24 GMT
#4256
On October 07 2012 13:17 Telcontar wrote:
Ouch..... that's what you get, Tauscond, for arguing about nothing.

OK guys. just tried to find smth to argue 'cause I didn't like the way he talked about Mvp lol
Mvp, Mvp, Mvp, Mvp, MMA, MKP
ES.Genie
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany1370 Posts
October 07 2012 13:58 GMT
#4257
On October 07 2012 13:41 Mr.Faces wrote:
Is it just me or is IMMvp the last player to give you any feel of excitement whatsoever when you hear/watch any SC2 tournament game(s) these days?

Everyone else is just so...boring, so predictable, so monotonous to watch. Same old expand expand macro bullshit every single god damn game. I like cheese, I want cheese, I want aggression, I want innovation, I want tactics and strategy.

IMMvp is the only guy who delivers. May his wrists last us much longer!

Definitely the case for me. I don't even know if I would watch SC2 anymore without Mvp.

On October 07 2012 08:43 Dodgin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 07 2012 08:34 ES.Genie wrote:
On October 07 2012 08:24 ColtraneL wrote:
On October 07 2012 07:56 Skwid1g wrote:
On October 06 2012 09:45 Luepert wrote:
This run is honestly I think just as if not more amazing than his season 2 run up to the round of 4. Then he beat Naniwa in the round of 8 and now both times he's up against a super hyped newish protoss. The only reason people aren't freaking out as much is because he's just so good it's like expected of him now.


It's more that his play around the time of season 2 was pretty mediocre, even a lot of his games during the tournament weren't MVP-level games, he just straight up outsmarted his opponents in boX series. Even in the finals I'd say that he was the worse player (during those games) when it came to strictly SC skill, but the guy is stupid good in boX series.

Honestly, I think ro8/ro4/finals are often easier for MVP than group stages, even if his opponents are stronger in later rounds.


I feel like his play in the first three games of the finals against Squirtle was fantastic. It's just that he doesn't focus on the same stuff as other players. Have you ever seen another terran (or even any other race) scout as intensively as he did during this final. He pulled out a ton of great moves like dropping single marines in the main, do a runby with a unit at the perfect moment to scout anything important, he basically knew everything and I feel like it was the reason why he outsmarted Squirtle on those games so bad.

Maybe he is not the best overall at macroing or microing his units (still he is insane, sometimes doing incredible work with Banshee or Hellion, I remember when he was hands down the best terran in TvT he used to kill players only with one banshee harassing perfectly), but he tries to add a lot of other aspects in his game that we don't always see from other players. His building placement is perfect, he thinks of a lot of little moves like hiding SCVs to trick his opponent and that's what makes his play unique for me. Even when he is not at the very top of his game, he still has his trademark style of play which makes him interesting to watch for me.

Taeja may be the better player in mechanics and control but I don't see any of those things that made Mvp dominates late 2011 in him, that's why I trust Mvp to do really well in the end of the tournament.

Go Mvp !

Reminds me of one MLG(I think) game where Mvp murdered MKP just by harrassing him with 2 Banshees at the same time. Was beautiful and funny to see.




I think this is the one you're talking about.

Yup that's it. Thanks.
No Mvp, no care. ~ the King will be back | Shawn Ray, Kevin Levrone, Phil Heath |
IMScientist
Profile Joined March 2011
Italy125 Posts
October 07 2012 14:29 GMT
#4258
Mvp is my favorite player and IM my favorite team,i hope he will his next match and then the Gsl
And if Steelseries does a mouse or something in collaboration with IM i will def buy it even though i have the sensei,hd4 and 6gv2
This guy plays like he was sent down from heavens
lailaiwd
Profile Joined October 2012
United States65 Posts
October 07 2012 16:51 GMT
#4259
Hey guys, we can try to imagine Mvp's pain and dilemma and all, but we'll never fully understand the kind of choices he has to confront. It's true we've seen Mvp dominated for a long time, but we must be reminded that it's probably b/c of 99% of perspiration and 1% of inspiration. Look at MVPsc, who also had tons of promises back then. Now he can't even get into Code S. The kind of competition Mvp faces is beyond us. Considering his family circumstances, which makes me respect him infinitely more, he must feel a huge responsibility on him to support his parents, his girlfriend, and his future kids. Either he remains in Code S and fights his heart out and knows that he's tried his best, or he gets EXPENSIVE treatment, loses practice time, and possibly losing sponsorship.

As fans, we can't act like selfish, whining kids who want him to play despite his injury. But, we can't act like we are snobs and point fingers at him for not getting his treatment. We can't assume financial security nor a successful treatment for Mvp. Mvp doesn't need our pity and instinctive advice, he needs our respect and recommendations based on calculations.

I say that we either continue to support Mvp for fighting against all odds (without whining about his injury), or actually approximate his financial assets, approximate the costs of the surgery and the recovery time, and devise a comprehensive plan responsible not only for the best case scenario but also the worst case scenario. These are the times that try men's souls: if Mvp so inspired us with his sense of responsibility, can't we learn to be more responsible too?
In Mvp I trust.
InoyouS2
Profile Joined December 2011
1005 Posts
October 07 2012 17:11 GMT
#4260
On October 08 2012 01:51 lailaiwd wrote:
Hey guys, we can try to imagine Mvp's pain and dilemma and all, but we'll never fully understand the kind of choices he has to confront. It's true we've seen Mvp dominated for a long time, but we must be reminded that it's probably b/c of 99% of perspiration and 1% of inspiration. Look at MVPsc, who also had tons of promises back then. Now he can't even get into Code S. The kind of competition Mvp faces is beyond us. Considering his family circumstances, which makes me respect him infinitely more, he must feel a huge responsibility on him to support his parents, his girlfriend, and his future kids. Either he remains in Code S and fights his heart out and knows that he's tried his best, or he gets EXPENSIVE treatment, loses practice time, and possibly losing sponsorship.

As fans, we can't act like selfish, whining kids who want him to play despite his injury. But, we can't act like we are snobs and point fingers at him for not getting his treatment. We can't assume financial security nor a successful treatment for Mvp. Mvp doesn't need our pity and instinctive advice, he needs our respect and recommendations based on calculations.

I say that we either continue to support Mvp for fighting against all odds (without whining about his injury), or actually approximate his financial assets, approximate the costs of the surgery and the recovery time, and devise a comprehensive plan responsible not only for the best case scenario but also the worst case scenario. These are the times that try men's souls: if Mvp so inspired us with his sense of responsibility, can't we learn to be more responsible too?


Umm, can I please ask for a quote of someone in this entire thread who has ever said this? Everyone cares about Mvp's health, not just because it hinders his performance, not just because we've seen what an unhindered Mvp looks like (and it's fricken frightening), but because he is a good, kind person who actually gives a damn about something other than money.

Sure money was an issue for him, as he came from a very poor upbringing (as described numerous times in interviews), but he seems to just want to play the game to his highest ability whilst also caring for the eSports scene as a whole (as noted in the interview where he shares his opinion on the hybrid pro-league and how it is unfair on the progamers who are forced to play in it).

So no, you'll find a lot of the people who want to see him get treatment, just care for his well-being rather than want to see him return to form (although that'd be a nice benefit for the fans as well).

IMMvp|fOrGG|IMNesTea|oGsMC|Liquid`Hero|DongRaeGu|Slayers_MMA|Liquid`TLO|MarineKingPrime|IMSeed
Prev 1 211 212 213 214 215 340 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 7m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 496
UpATreeSC 86
Codebar 83
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 35798
Calm 3702
Shuttle 1326
FanTaSy 975
actioN 299
EffOrt 270
firebathero 185
Rush 182
Hyuk 159
Dewaltoss 92
[ Show more ]
Zeus 65
Liquid`Ret 61
Barracks 54
Hyun 30
Aegong 25
Free 25
soO 23
Bale 22
HiyA 21
PianO 17
Shine 15
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc7330
Dendi978
XaKoH 341
Fuzer 28
League of Legends
KnowMe60
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1555
x6flipin535
fl0m0
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes675
Other Games
singsing2534
FrodaN1169
Beastyqt657
mouzStarbuck301
B2W.Neo291
byalli207
Livibee195
C9.Mang0141
RotterdaM109
Trikslyr65
Mew2King57
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 59
• Dystopia_ 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV490
Other Games
• Shiphtur925
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 7m
Replay Cast
5h 52m
OSC
1d 5h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 16h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 23h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.