• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:34
CEST 07:34
KST 14:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8747 users

The IdrA Fan Club - Page 1194

Forum Index > Fan Clubs
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 2897 Next
Personal attacks in this thread will draw a temp ban.
JEEPFiretruck
Profile Joined September 2011
Australia106 Posts
October 04 2011 09:59 GMT
#23861
the grack is back!!!!!!! i think he just seemed to play much better after pool play. Probably shook himself up and went into beast mode for playoffs!! its proof that he managed to smash elfi in the finals whilst struggling to close games out against him in pool play
"ya mum loved me last night" - SuperWog
Denzil
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom4193 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-04 10:02:45
October 04 2011 10:01 GMT
#23862
On October 04 2011 18:52 bankin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 04 2011 18:31 emc wrote:
On October 04 2011 17:46 xtfftc wrote:
I'm not undermining Idra's success but when you're playing against a teammate, it's not really the same. It's fair to say that Idra is officially out of his slump but he is still far away from where he wants to be.


Do you realize who he beat? Puma. Fucking Puma. Doesn't matter what team you are on, beating Puma is quite a feat. It's not like he would go easy on idra, there is no reason to.

I watched game 1 and idra's end game definitely has improved, he is nydus and dropping in multiple locations and using ultras for a change.


I actually watched all 3 replays looking for any "go easy on IdrA" actions. There are none. It's not like with those Demuslim games from a while back when game 4&5 were just silly. And right now it was a possibility, since Puma already has a spot in global IEM.

He won fair and square.

Of course Puma could hold back with strategies like 2rax, but we will never know.


Did Puma try to bunker rush in any of the games? I'm sure if Puma truely wanted to win above all else he could do the bunker rush 3 times in a row that wiped the floor with Greg in the EG lair

Where exactly did Idras slump occur? And what knocked him into it? Was it losing to MMA at MLG?
Anna: So Sen how will you prepare for your revenge v MC? Sen: With a smile.
xtfftc
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom2343 Posts
October 04 2011 10:03 GMT
#23863
On October 04 2011 18:31 emc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 04 2011 17:46 xtfftc wrote:
I'm not undermining Idra's success but when you're playing against a teammate, it's not really the same. It's fair to say that Idra is officially out of his slump but he is still far away from where he wants to be.


Do you realize who he beat? Puma. Fucking Puma. Doesn't matter what team you are on, beating Puma is quite a feat. It's not like he would go easy on idra, there is no reason to.

I watched game 1 and idra's end game definitely has improved, he is nydus and dropping in multiple locations and using ultras for a change.


I'm sure that someone will misread this as me bashing on Puma or undermining Idra's success but anyway...
If we were talking about one of the top Koreans (MVP/Nestea/Bomber/DRG), I'd agree that it didn't matter whether they are teammates or not. But Puma is yet to prove himself versus them. His most impressive performances have been at online tournaments (Korean Weekly and NASL Open). At offline events he has been successful mostly versus foreigners (Ret, Nerchio, Socke... Mana actually 2:0-ed him at IEM) or second tier Koreans (Squirtle, July, MC, JYP). He is really good and he has the potential to be one of the very best but until he overcomes his nerves problem, he doesn't get to be "Fucking Puma" but one of the bazillion players that people like to hype up.

On October 04 2011 18:52 bankin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 04 2011 18:31 emc wrote:
On October 04 2011 17:46 xtfftc wrote:
I'm not undermining Idra's success but when you're playing against a teammate, it's not really the same. It's fair to say that Idra is officially out of his slump but he is still far away from where he wants to be.


Do you realize who he beat? Puma. Fucking Puma. Doesn't matter what team you are on, beating Puma is quite a feat. It's not like he would go easy on idra, there is no reason to.

I watched game 1 and idra's end game definitely has improved, he is nydus and dropping in multiple locations and using ultras for a change.


I actually watched all 3 replays looking for any "go easy on IdrA" actions. There are none. It's not like with those Demuslim games from a while back when game 4&5 were just silly. And right now it was a possibility, since Puma already has a spot in global IEM.

Of course there weren't. I didn't imply that Puma played at anything but his best (although he didn't do as much early pressure as he did versus Stephano and Nerchio at IEM Cologne) but that since Idra and Puma have played a lot of practice games, the match-up is not as dynamic as it usually would be. And we all know that this favours Idra a lot.

A few weeks ago Incontrol was talking on SotG about playing versus Puma at MLG and he basically said that he would blind counter Puma completely in a way that wouldn't be feasable with other players. This is what I meant.


On October 04 2011 18:04 Glimred wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 04 2011 17:46 xtfftc wrote:
So... I wake up at 9AM and am like "Okay, this is going to be another long day trying to avoid spoilers." But then I see that the sream is still on and realise that I could probably still catch the Grand Final. So I very carefully check the LR thread and see that elfi has defeated Hasu in an epic PvP... And then I see that Idra has defeated Puma... And then I see that Puma got third place versus Hasu... And then I see that Idra went 1:0 vs elfi... Then elfi made it 1:1... Then Idra won the third... And I'm like "Okay, I have to turn the stream on"; I do and I see Puma gg out.

Not fair. :/

On October 04 2011 17:19 Aocowns wrote:
''Main focus is to get good again'' As he has just won IEM, and beaten Puma 3-0 xD


I'm not undermining Idra's success but when you're playing against a teammate, it's not really the same. It's fair to say that Idra is officially out of his slump but he is still far away from where he wants to be.

On October 04 2011 17:20 Jaxtyk wrote:
Why is the crowd reaction so dull. I'd go crazy if I was there.


Don't forget that the Chinese scene is isolated from the rest of us. They don't have access to Justin TV/Own3d TV and GSL is pay-per-view for them. They probably know that Idra is one of the more popular players but not exactly why. The only foreigners that would get them actually excited at the moment would be W3 legends such as Grubby, Moon and Tod.


A little off-topic but own3d.tv is actually the only streaming site that is not blocked in China. I'm in Beijing right now and watched the series earlier without a proxy or VPN. You can also get all the GSL VODs for free on the chinese version of youtube (youku) with chinese commentary.

Back on topic: It's great to see the Gracken finally take a tournament again, I never should've doubted him.


Could you check again tomorrow when IEM is over? I think it was Mr. Bitter who said this about Own3d TV, so I'm curious whether their channel it got unblocked for IEM or something like this.
xtfftc
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom2343 Posts
October 04 2011 10:05 GMT
#23864
On October 04 2011 19:01 Denzil wrote:
Where exactly did Idras slump occur? And what knocked him into it? Was it losing to MMA at MLG?

I'd say it started at DreamHack Stochholm Invitational when he outplayed MC in the game on Metalopolis but lost anyway due to one small mistake. Then the 6pool followed...
Denzil
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom4193 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-04 10:08:25
October 04 2011 10:07 GMT
#23865
On October 04 2011 19:05 xtfftc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 04 2011 19:01 Denzil wrote:
Where exactly did Idras slump occur? And what knocked him into it? Was it losing to MMA at MLG?

I'd say it started at DreamHack Stochholm Invitational when he outplayed MC in the game on Metalopolis but lost anyway due to one small mistake. Then the 6pool followed...


He still smashed Columbus like it was nothing though (barring the 4-0 by MC soon after)

I remember the hype for the games after the MC ones it was like he was on a whole another level.

edit again, I wouldn't call MC a 2nd tier Protoss, now? Maybe. But back then he was making everyone look easy.
Anna: So Sen how will you prepare for your revenge v MC? Sen: With a smile.
shell
Profile Joined October 2010
Portugal2722 Posts
October 04 2011 10:11 GMT
#23866
On October 04 2011 19:03 xtfftc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 04 2011 18:31 emc wrote:
On October 04 2011 17:46 xtfftc wrote:
I'm not undermining Idra's success but when you're playing against a teammate, it's not really the same. It's fair to say that Idra is officially out of his slump but he is still far away from where he wants to be.


Do you realize who he beat? Puma. Fucking Puma. Doesn't matter what team you are on, beating Puma is quite a feat. It's not like he would go easy on idra, there is no reason to.

I watched game 1 and idra's end game definitely has improved, he is nydus and dropping in multiple locations and using ultras for a change.


I'm sure that someone will misread this as me bashing on Puma or undermining Idra's success but anyway...
If we were talking about one of the top Koreans (MVP/Nestea/Bomber/DRG), I'd agree that it didn't matter whether they are teammates or not. But Puma is yet to prove himself versus them. His most impressive performances have been at online tournaments (Korean Weekly and NASL Open). At offline events he has been successful mostly versus foreigners (Ret, Nerchio, Socke... Mana actually 2:0-ed him at IEM) or second tier Koreans (Squirtle, July, MC, JYP). He is really good and he has the potential to be one of the very best but until he overcomes his nerves problem, he doesn't get to be "Fucking Puma" but one of the bazillion players that people like to hype up.

Show nested quote +
On October 04 2011 18:52 bankin wrote:
On October 04 2011 18:31 emc wrote:
On October 04 2011 17:46 xtfftc wrote:
I'm not undermining Idra's success but when you're playing against a teammate, it's not really the same. It's fair to say that Idra is officially out of his slump but he is still far away from where he wants to be.


Do you realize who he beat? Puma. Fucking Puma. Doesn't matter what team you are on, beating Puma is quite a feat. It's not like he would go easy on idra, there is no reason to.

I watched game 1 and idra's end game definitely has improved, he is nydus and dropping in multiple locations and using ultras for a change.


I actually watched all 3 replays looking for any "go easy on IdrA" actions. There are none. It's not like with those Demuslim games from a while back when game 4&5 were just silly. And right now it was a possibility, since Puma already has a spot in global IEM.

Of course there weren't. I didn't imply that Puma played at anything but his best (although he didn't do as much early pressure as he did versus Stephano and Nerchio at IEM Cologne) but that since Idra and Puma have played a lot of practice games, the match-up is not as dynamic as it usually would be. And we all know that this favours Idra a lot.

A few weeks ago Incontrol was talking on SotG about playing versus Puma at MLG and he basically said that he would blind counter Puma completely in a way that wouldn't be feasable with other players. This is what I meant.


Show nested quote +
On October 04 2011 18:04 Glimred wrote:
On October 04 2011 17:46 xtfftc wrote:
So... I wake up at 9AM and am like "Okay, this is going to be another long day trying to avoid spoilers." But then I see that the sream is still on and realise that I could probably still catch the Grand Final. So I very carefully check the LR thread and see that elfi has defeated Hasu in an epic PvP... And then I see that Idra has defeated Puma... And then I see that Puma got third place versus Hasu... And then I see that Idra went 1:0 vs elfi... Then elfi made it 1:1... Then Idra won the third... And I'm like "Okay, I have to turn the stream on"; I do and I see Puma gg out.

Not fair. :/

On October 04 2011 17:19 Aocowns wrote:
''Main focus is to get good again'' As he has just won IEM, and beaten Puma 3-0 xD


I'm not undermining Idra's success but when you're playing against a teammate, it's not really the same. It's fair to say that Idra is officially out of his slump but he is still far away from where he wants to be.

On October 04 2011 17:20 Jaxtyk wrote:
Why is the crowd reaction so dull. I'd go crazy if I was there.


Don't forget that the Chinese scene is isolated from the rest of us. They don't have access to Justin TV/Own3d TV and GSL is pay-per-view for them. They probably know that Idra is one of the more popular players but not exactly why. The only foreigners that would get them actually excited at the moment would be W3 legends such as Grubby, Moon and Tod.


A little off-topic but own3d.tv is actually the only streaming site that is not blocked in China. I'm in Beijing right now and watched the series earlier without a proxy or VPN. You can also get all the GSL VODs for free on the chinese version of youtube (youku) with chinese commentary.

Back on topic: It's great to see the Gracken finally take a tournament again, I never should've doubted him.


Could you check again tomorrow when IEM is over? I think it was Mr. Bitter who said this about Own3d TV, so I'm curious whether their channel it got unblocked for IEM or something like this.



MC is second tier korean? LOLOL The guy has the most prize money won in the world and has 3 GSL titles.. whatever.. nestea and Mvp might be better, DRG might be getting better and winning something but bomber? really? lol... bomber has yet to prove anything..

Puma is probably top 3 korean terran with Mvp and MKP, like it or not..
BENFICA || Besties: idra, Stephano, Nestea, Jaedong, Serral, Jinro, Scarlett || Zerg <3
Whiteman103
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1070 Posts
October 04 2011 10:25 GMT
#23867
On October 04 2011 19:11 shell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 04 2011 19:03 xtfftc wrote:
On October 04 2011 18:31 emc wrote:
On October 04 2011 17:46 xtfftc wrote:
I'm not undermining Idra's success but when you're playing against a teammate, it's not really the same. It's fair to say that Idra is officially out of his slump but he is still far away from where he wants to be.


Do you realize who he beat? Puma. Fucking Puma. Doesn't matter what team you are on, beating Puma is quite a feat. It's not like he would go easy on idra, there is no reason to.

I watched game 1 and idra's end game definitely has improved, he is nydus and dropping in multiple locations and using ultras for a change.


I'm sure that someone will misread this as me bashing on Puma or undermining Idra's success but anyway...
If we were talking about one of the top Koreans (MVP/Nestea/Bomber/DRG), I'd agree that it didn't matter whether they are teammates or not. But Puma is yet to prove himself versus them. His most impressive performances have been at online tournaments (Korean Weekly and NASL Open). At offline events he has been successful mostly versus foreigners (Ret, Nerchio, Socke... Mana actually 2:0-ed him at IEM) or second tier Koreans (Squirtle, July, MC, JYP). He is really good and he has the potential to be one of the very best but until he overcomes his nerves problem, he doesn't get to be "Fucking Puma" but one of the bazillion players that people like to hype up.

On October 04 2011 18:52 bankin wrote:
On October 04 2011 18:31 emc wrote:
On October 04 2011 17:46 xtfftc wrote:
I'm not undermining Idra's success but when you're playing against a teammate, it's not really the same. It's fair to say that Idra is officially out of his slump but he is still far away from where he wants to be.


Do you realize who he beat? Puma. Fucking Puma. Doesn't matter what team you are on, beating Puma is quite a feat. It's not like he would go easy on idra, there is no reason to.

I watched game 1 and idra's end game definitely has improved, he is nydus and dropping in multiple locations and using ultras for a change.


I actually watched all 3 replays looking for any "go easy on IdrA" actions. There are none. It's not like with those Demuslim games from a while back when game 4&5 were just silly. And right now it was a possibility, since Puma already has a spot in global IEM.

Of course there weren't. I didn't imply that Puma played at anything but his best (although he didn't do as much early pressure as he did versus Stephano and Nerchio at IEM Cologne) but that since Idra and Puma have played a lot of practice games, the match-up is not as dynamic as it usually would be. And we all know that this favours Idra a lot.

A few weeks ago Incontrol was talking on SotG about playing versus Puma at MLG and he basically said that he would blind counter Puma completely in a way that wouldn't be feasable with other players. This is what I meant.


On October 04 2011 18:04 Glimred wrote:
On October 04 2011 17:46 xtfftc wrote:
So... I wake up at 9AM and am like "Okay, this is going to be another long day trying to avoid spoilers." But then I see that the sream is still on and realise that I could probably still catch the Grand Final. So I very carefully check the LR thread and see that elfi has defeated Hasu in an epic PvP... And then I see that Idra has defeated Puma... And then I see that Puma got third place versus Hasu... And then I see that Idra went 1:0 vs elfi... Then elfi made it 1:1... Then Idra won the third... And I'm like "Okay, I have to turn the stream on"; I do and I see Puma gg out.

Not fair. :/

On October 04 2011 17:19 Aocowns wrote:
''Main focus is to get good again'' As he has just won IEM, and beaten Puma 3-0 xD


I'm not undermining Idra's success but when you're playing against a teammate, it's not really the same. It's fair to say that Idra is officially out of his slump but he is still far away from where he wants to be.

On October 04 2011 17:20 Jaxtyk wrote:
Why is the crowd reaction so dull. I'd go crazy if I was there.


Don't forget that the Chinese scene is isolated from the rest of us. They don't have access to Justin TV/Own3d TV and GSL is pay-per-view for them. They probably know that Idra is one of the more popular players but not exactly why. The only foreigners that would get them actually excited at the moment would be W3 legends such as Grubby, Moon and Tod.


A little off-topic but own3d.tv is actually the only streaming site that is not blocked in China. I'm in Beijing right now and watched the series earlier without a proxy or VPN. You can also get all the GSL VODs for free on the chinese version of youtube (youku) with chinese commentary.

Back on topic: It's great to see the Gracken finally take a tournament again, I never should've doubted him.


Could you check again tomorrow when IEM is over? I think it was Mr. Bitter who said this about Own3d TV, so I'm curious whether their channel it got unblocked for IEM or something like this.



MC is second tier korean? LOLOL The guy has the most prize money won in the world and has 3 GSL titles.. whatever.. nestea and Mvp might be better, DRG might be getting better and winning something but bomber? really? lol... bomber has yet to prove anything..

Puma is probably top 3 korean terran with Mvp and MKP, like it or not..


MC has 2 gsl championships.

and those where won pretty much by doing 6gates. he has fallen off a little but still very good


crafjan
Profile Joined September 2011
18 Posts
October 04 2011 10:27 GMT
#23868
On October 04 2011 19:11 shell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 04 2011 19:03 xtfftc wrote:
On October 04 2011 18:31 emc wrote:
On October 04 2011 17:46 xtfftc wrote:
I'm not undermining Idra's success but when you're playing against a teammate, it's not really the same. It's fair to say that Idra is officially out of his slump but he is still far away from where he wants to be.


Do you realize who he beat? Puma. Fucking Puma. Doesn't matter what team you are on, beating Puma is quite a feat. It's not like he would go easy on idra, there is no reason to.

I watched game 1 and idra's end game definitely has improved, he is nydus and dropping in multiple locations and using ultras for a change.


I'm sure that someone will misread this as me bashing on Puma or undermining Idra's success but anyway...
If we were talking about one of the top Koreans (MVP/Nestea/Bomber/DRG), I'd agree that it didn't matter whether they are teammates or not. But Puma is yet to prove himself versus them. His most impressive performances have been at online tournaments (Korean Weekly and NASL Open). At offline events he has been successful mostly versus foreigners (Ret, Nerchio, Socke... Mana actually 2:0-ed him at IEM) or second tier Koreans (Squirtle, July, MC, JYP). He is really good and he has the potential to be one of the very best but until he overcomes his nerves problem, he doesn't get to be "Fucking Puma" but one of the bazillion players that people like to hype up.

On October 04 2011 18:52 bankin wrote:
On October 04 2011 18:31 emc wrote:
On October 04 2011 17:46 xtfftc wrote:
I'm not undermining Idra's success but when you're playing against a teammate, it's not really the same. It's fair to say that Idra is officially out of his slump but he is still far away from where he wants to be.


Do you realize who he beat? Puma. Fucking Puma. Doesn't matter what team you are on, beating Puma is quite a feat. It's not like he would go easy on idra, there is no reason to.

I watched game 1 and idra's end game definitely has improved, he is nydus and dropping in multiple locations and using ultras for a change.


I actually watched all 3 replays looking for any "go easy on IdrA" actions. There are none. It's not like with those Demuslim games from a while back when game 4&5 were just silly. And right now it was a possibility, since Puma already has a spot in global IEM.

Of course there weren't. I didn't imply that Puma played at anything but his best (although he didn't do as much early pressure as he did versus Stephano and Nerchio at IEM Cologne) but that since Idra and Puma have played a lot of practice games, the match-up is not as dynamic as it usually would be. And we all know that this favours Idra a lot.

A few weeks ago Incontrol was talking on SotG about playing versus Puma at MLG and he basically said that he would blind counter Puma completely in a way that wouldn't be feasable with other players. This is what I meant.


On October 04 2011 18:04 Glimred wrote:
On October 04 2011 17:46 xtfftc wrote:
So... I wake up at 9AM and am like "Okay, this is going to be another long day trying to avoid spoilers." But then I see that the sream is still on and realise that I could probably still catch the Grand Final. So I very carefully check the LR thread and see that elfi has defeated Hasu in an epic PvP... And then I see that Idra has defeated Puma... And then I see that Puma got third place versus Hasu... And then I see that Idra went 1:0 vs elfi... Then elfi made it 1:1... Then Idra won the third... And I'm like "Okay, I have to turn the stream on"; I do and I see Puma gg out.

Not fair. :/

On October 04 2011 17:19 Aocowns wrote:
''Main focus is to get good again'' As he has just won IEM, and beaten Puma 3-0 xD


I'm not undermining Idra's success but when you're playing against a teammate, it's not really the same. It's fair to say that Idra is officially out of his slump but he is still far away from where he wants to be.

On October 04 2011 17:20 Jaxtyk wrote:
Why is the crowd reaction so dull. I'd go crazy if I was there.


Don't forget that the Chinese scene is isolated from the rest of us. They don't have access to Justin TV/Own3d TV and GSL is pay-per-view for them. They probably know that Idra is one of the more popular players but not exactly why. The only foreigners that would get them actually excited at the moment would be W3 legends such as Grubby, Moon and Tod.


A little off-topic but own3d.tv is actually the only streaming site that is not blocked in China. I'm in Beijing right now and watched the series earlier without a proxy or VPN. You can also get all the GSL VODs for free on the chinese version of youtube (youku) with chinese commentary.

Back on topic: It's great to see the Gracken finally take a tournament again, I never should've doubted him.


Could you check again tomorrow when IEM is over? I think it was Mr. Bitter who said this about Own3d TV, so I'm curious whether their channel it got unblocked for IEM or something like this.



MC is second tier korean? LOLOL The guy has the most prize money won in the world and has 3 GSL titles.. whatever.. nestea and Mvp might be better, DRG might be getting better and winning something but bomber? really? lol... bomber has yet to prove anything..

Puma is probably top 3 korean terran with Mvp and MKP, like it or not..


Puma top 3 terran? seriously put ur trollface of you got 2 of those right but no, puma is like code a lvl or something like that but there is guys like MMA, Keen , Happy , TaeJa so theres the truth like it or not...
xtfftc
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom2343 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-04 10:33:26
October 04 2011 10:31 GMT
#23869
On October 04 2011 19:07 Denzil wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 04 2011 19:05 xtfftc wrote:
On October 04 2011 19:01 Denzil wrote:
Where exactly did Idras slump occur? And what knocked him into it? Was it losing to MMA at MLG?

I'd say it started at DreamHack Stochholm Invitational when he outplayed MC in the game on Metalopolis but lost anyway due to one small mistake. Then the 6pool followed...


He still smashed Columbus like it was nothing though (barring the 4-0 by MC soon after)

I remember the hype for the games after the MC ones it was like he was on a whole another level.

edit again, I wouldn't call MC a 2nd tier Protoss, now? Maybe. But back then he was making everyone look easy.


MC used to be top tier but he hasn't been for a while now. MC hasn't performed well at GSL since he won in March and before losing to Puma at NASL he had already had disappointing results at DreamHack and HSC3.

We all got really excited by Idra's performance at Columbus at the time but in reality he won versus a jetlagged MC, Tyler, Select (who had the worst tournament of his career) and two ZvZs versus Ret and Slush. Thorzain and MMA 2:0-ed Idra and then MC got his rematch.. Idra did play some great StarCraft (especially the Testbug game versus MC), just like he played well at the Stockholm Invitational - but overall he was already slumping.
Ghad
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway2551 Posts
October 04 2011 10:32 GMT
#23870
Congrats greg, nice win on your list!
forgottendreams: One underage girl, two drunk guys, one gogo dancer and starcraft 2. Apparently just another day in Europe.
shell
Profile Joined October 2010
Portugal2722 Posts
October 04 2011 10:55 GMT
#23871
Lol Keen, happy and taeja are better then puma? why because you think so ?

lets see 1v1 records:
keen - 48% won nothing
happy - 58.82% won nothing
taeja - 62.79% won online leagues
bomber - 71.43% won code a and online tournaments
MMA - 55.56% got 2nd spot in the super tournament
puma - Korea 69.81% won online leagues

Now lets see internacional 1v1 records:
bomber - 78.72% 3rd dreamhack, won MLG
MMA - 78.79% won mlg, 2nd MLG
puma - 72.21% nasl, iem cologne, got 3rd iem china

So ok MMA and bomber have better or equal results but keen? happy? taeja? yeah right..

BENFICA || Besties: idra, Stephano, Nestea, Jaedong, Serral, Jinro, Scarlett || Zerg <3
htbrdr
Profile Joined July 2011
Bulgaria8 Posts
October 04 2011 11:05 GMT
#23872
just watched the semis against puma. game 2 was so tense and close i am kinda surprised idra did not give up mentally, managed great the multitasking and grind it out to the end. game 3 puma did make a mistake in the first big engagement as his ran his marines into the remaining banelings, but overall great play by idra. kudos for coping with the pressure in each game of a tough series.
Siphyo
Profile Joined April 2011
Netherlands121 Posts
October 04 2011 11:07 GMT
#23873
On October 04 2011 19:27 crafjan wrote:Puma top 3 terran? seriously put ur trollface of you got 2 of those right but no, puma is like code a lvl or something like that but there is guys like MMA, Keen , Happy , TaeJa so theres the truth like it or not...


Welcome to TL, comprehensible sentences are much appreciated.

Also is this the IdrA fanclub thread or the place where Puma and delusional MC fans gather?
Let's hope IdrA will continue showing this play. Really liked the 2nd game in the finals, he kept trying for so long and even said gg at the end!
HSY - KMK - Hyomin - Yoona - Sojin | NesTea - DRG - Puzzle - Bomber - NANIWA
Whiteman103
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1070 Posts
October 04 2011 11:08 GMT
#23874
On October 04 2011 20:05 htbrdr wrote:
just watched the semis against puma. game 2 was so tense and close i am kinda surprised idra did not give up mentally, managed great the multitasking and grind it out to the end. game 3 puma did make a mistake in the first big engagement as his ran his marines into the remaining banelings, but overall great play by idra. kudos for coping with the pressure in each game of a tough series.


yea this thing is about that the muta's and medivak coverd them up or idra burrowed them not sure what but i sure didnt see them
KiNGxXx
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
7928 Posts
October 04 2011 11:10 GMT
#23875
On October 04 2011 19:55 shell wrote:
Lol Keen, happy and taeja are better then puma? why because you think so ?

+ Show Spoiler +
lets see 1v1 records:
keen - 48% won nothing
happy - 58.82% won nothing
taeja - 62.79% won online leagues
bomber - 71.43% won code a and online tournaments
MMA - 55.56% got 2nd spot in the super tournament

puma - Korea 69.81% won online leagues

+ Show Spoiler +
Now lets see internacional 1v1 records:
bomber - 78.72% 3rd dreamhack, won MLG
MMA - 78.79% won mlg, 2nd MLG
puma - 72.21% nasl, iem cologne, got 3rd iem china

So ok MMA and bomber have better or equal results but keen? happy? taeja? yeah right..




Almost all his games are taken from the Korean Weekly. He never played in Code S or even Code A. So you can't compare these stats.
MKP|Maru|TaeJa|Mvp|Polt|INnoVation|GuMiho|Bomber|GoOdy|TeamTerran
xtfftc
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom2343 Posts
October 04 2011 11:18 GMT
#23876
Yeah guys, sorry for starting this. I was talking about Puma in the light of Idra's match against him; I didn't want to start a discussion about Koreans overall.
Alkior
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
543 Posts
October 04 2011 11:25 GMT
#23877
On October 04 2011 19:11 shell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 04 2011 19:03 xtfftc wrote:
On October 04 2011 18:31 emc wrote:
On October 04 2011 17:46 xtfftc wrote:
I'm not undermining Idra's success but when you're playing against a teammate, it's not really the same. It's fair to say that Idra is officially out of his slump but he is still far away from where he wants to be.


Do you realize who he beat? Puma. Fucking Puma. Doesn't matter what team you are on, beating Puma is quite a feat. It's not like he would go easy on idra, there is no reason to.

I watched game 1 and idra's end game definitely has improved, he is nydus and dropping in multiple locations and using ultras for a change.


I'm sure that someone will misread this as me bashing on Puma or undermining Idra's success but anyway...
If we were talking about one of the top Koreans (MVP/Nestea/Bomber/DRG), I'd agree that it didn't matter whether they are teammates or not. But Puma is yet to prove himself versus them. His most impressive performances have been at online tournaments (Korean Weekly and NASL Open). At offline events he has been successful mostly versus foreigners (Ret, Nerchio, Socke... Mana actually 2:0-ed him at IEM) or second tier Koreans (Squirtle, July, MC, JYP). He is really good and he has the potential to be one of the very best but until he overcomes his nerves problem, he doesn't get to be "Fucking Puma" but one of the bazillion players that people like to hype up.

On October 04 2011 18:52 bankin wrote:
On October 04 2011 18:31 emc wrote:
On October 04 2011 17:46 xtfftc wrote:
I'm not undermining Idra's success but when you're playing against a teammate, it's not really the same. It's fair to say that Idra is officially out of his slump but he is still far away from where he wants to be.


Do you realize who he beat? Puma. Fucking Puma. Doesn't matter what team you are on, beating Puma is quite a feat. It's not like he would go easy on idra, there is no reason to.

I watched game 1 and idra's end game definitely has improved, he is nydus and dropping in multiple locations and using ultras for a change.


I actually watched all 3 replays looking for any "go easy on IdrA" actions. There are none. It's not like with those Demuslim games from a while back when game 4&5 were just silly. And right now it was a possibility, since Puma already has a spot in global IEM.

Of course there weren't. I didn't imply that Puma played at anything but his best (although he didn't do as much early pressure as he did versus Stephano and Nerchio at IEM Cologne) but that since Idra and Puma have played a lot of practice games, the match-up is not as dynamic as it usually would be. And we all know that this favours Idra a lot.

A few weeks ago Incontrol was talking on SotG about playing versus Puma at MLG and he basically said that he would blind counter Puma completely in a way that wouldn't be feasable with other players. This is what I meant.


On October 04 2011 18:04 Glimred wrote:
On October 04 2011 17:46 xtfftc wrote:
So... I wake up at 9AM and am like "Okay, this is going to be another long day trying to avoid spoilers." But then I see that the sream is still on and realise that I could probably still catch the Grand Final. So I very carefully check the LR thread and see that elfi has defeated Hasu in an epic PvP... And then I see that Idra has defeated Puma... And then I see that Puma got third place versus Hasu... And then I see that Idra went 1:0 vs elfi... Then elfi made it 1:1... Then Idra won the third... And I'm like "Okay, I have to turn the stream on"; I do and I see Puma gg out.

Not fair. :/

On October 04 2011 17:19 Aocowns wrote:
''Main focus is to get good again'' As he has just won IEM, and beaten Puma 3-0 xD


I'm not undermining Idra's success but when you're playing against a teammate, it's not really the same. It's fair to say that Idra is officially out of his slump but he is still far away from where he wants to be.

On October 04 2011 17:20 Jaxtyk wrote:
Why is the crowd reaction so dull. I'd go crazy if I was there.


Don't forget that the Chinese scene is isolated from the rest of us. They don't have access to Justin TV/Own3d TV and GSL is pay-per-view for them. They probably know that Idra is one of the more popular players but not exactly why. The only foreigners that would get them actually excited at the moment would be W3 legends such as Grubby, Moon and Tod.


A little off-topic but own3d.tv is actually the only streaming site that is not blocked in China. I'm in Beijing right now and watched the series earlier without a proxy or VPN. You can also get all the GSL VODs for free on the chinese version of youtube (youku) with chinese commentary.

Back on topic: It's great to see the Gracken finally take a tournament again, I never should've doubted him.


Could you check again tomorrow when IEM is over? I think it was Mr. Bitter who said this about Own3d TV, so I'm curious whether their channel it got unblocked for IEM or something like this.



MC is second tier korean? LOLOL The guy has the most prize money won in the world and has 3 GSL titles.. whatever.. nestea and Mvp might be better, DRG might be getting better and winning something but bomber? really? lol... bomber has yet to prove anything..

Puma is probably top 3 korean terran with Mvp and MKP, like it or not..


stop talking out of your ass, do some research before stating such an idiotic comment

Whole
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States6046 Posts
October 04 2011 11:27 GMT
#23878
pretty sick to wake up to idra winning iem ^_^. i wish i could've seen it...but at least i got to see those EPIC vs puma games.

Hopefully this will be one of many great performances for idra
Klive5ive
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom6056 Posts
October 04 2011 11:28 GMT
#23879
Silly discussion. Puma is a great player and he'll be back strong no doubt.

Fantastic play by IdrA.. slightly suprising really. The last few weeks while he's had his stream down he must have really been training hard. Great to see him back in top form.

The big fight in game 1 of that series was jaw dropping and the posts in the LR thread were hilarious. Top of the page: OMG Protoss deathball OP etc....
Bottom of the page: And IdrA crushes wooo!!!
Don't hate the player - Hate the game
Zergversus
Profile Joined October 2011
Russian Federation3 Posts
October 04 2011 11:30 GMT
#23880
The Grack is Back
Cannabis is not a drug, it is a leaf
Prev 1 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 2897 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1275
910 109
Hyun 78
NotJumperer 61
Bale 36
Noble 13
Snow 7
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto454
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King242
Other Games
summit1g7210
Coldzera 724
JimRising 613
WinterStarcraft422
C9.Mang0295
NeuroSwarm132
PiGStarcraft129
ViBE19
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick669
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream37
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 51
• Letter1410
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2186
League of Legends
• Rush1079
• Lourlo1058
• Stunt345
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 26m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5h 26m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
18h 26m
Patches Events
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.