• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:25
CEST 09:25
KST 16:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20262Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8433 users

[TV] HBO Game of Thrones - Page 92

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 90 91 92 93 94 1836 Next
All book discussion in this thread is now allowed.
Eishi_Ki
Profile Joined April 2009
Korea (South)1667 Posts
April 26 2011 19:11 GMT
#1821
On April 27 2011 04:05 MaxwelsDemoN wrote:
Random question: Did anyone else think Dany's handmaid, the one telling about the moon being an egg for dragons, looked like Olivia Wilde (13 from House). I couldn't find her in the cast, and it doesn't really make sense for her to play the part, but she looks so similar.


I thought there was a similarity. Her name is Doreah and she is played by Roxanne McKee apparently.
Sleight
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
2471 Posts
April 26 2011 19:12 GMT
#1822
Can we discuss how smoking hot Emilia Clarke (Daenyrs) is? I think they did the whole over-the-seas dynamic very well. Khal Drogo is pretty well done, maybe not quite feral enough relative to the books. Can't wait until we see how things develop with the Viserys *cough cough*.

I think the only casting I don't like is Robb and Theon, but that's just cause they look goofy. Robb should be more handsome than Jon and Theon should look less like a ferret. In my honest opinion.

Bran and Arya are incredibly well cast, we've talked to death that Ned and Robert are dead on. I think the Lannisters are cast well but not as outstanding as the Starks. Can't wait til we see the emergence of the Highgarden cast and the Wall.
One Love
DisneylandSC
Profile Joined November 2010
Netherlands435 Posts
April 26 2011 19:18 GMT
#1823
I find the series pretty dissapointing so far. 2 hours of footage now and still nothing happened, this has to be the longest introduction ever.
SF-Fork
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Russian Federation1401 Posts
April 26 2011 19:20 GMT
#1824
I don't like how Jon doesn't look at all like Ned.

spoiler about catelyn + Show Spoiler +
one of the many reasons she ates jon is becuase he is the only one who actually looks like Ned amongst all her children
SF-Fork
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Russian Federation1401 Posts
April 26 2011 19:21 GMT
#1825
On April 27 2011 04:18 DisneylandSC wrote:
I find the series pretty dissapointing so far. 2 hours of footage now and still nothing happened, this has to be the longest introduction ever.



Having read all the books, I'd say book 1 is the introduction. So you'll probably have the whole season as a prologue :D
Ceril
Profile Joined April 2003
Sweden1343 Posts
April 26 2011 19:28 GMT
#1826
Playing Jamie is the perfect role for prince Charming.

Arya: Nice sofar, Id like to see what she is in ten years, cough. She got good body/pose control and thoose eyes to sell it!
Robb I belive, is quite handsome if we wash the rugged look away, Jon is looking like a bleak unformed boy, no lines in that face realy.

Daeny, while being attractive and all, doesnt sell the deal. I've always seen D from the near start as having abit of fire in her, just momentary flashes. This D don't have the lines/script for that. Racing a horse like a wildfire! challenging/seducing the khal with her pose and eyes. I would have liked to see her eyes filled with an emotion other then that of a deer pondering a truck on the interstate.



Just because you can now store where everyone was and is, what they like, what they fear who they talk to and who they love. It does not mean we should so spy upon our fellow man in a dystopia far worse then 1984
Doppelganger
Profile Joined May 2010
488 Posts
April 26 2011 19:30 GMT
#1827
On April 27 2011 04:12 Sleight wrote:
Can we discuss how smoking hot Emilia Clarke (Daenyrs) is? I think they did the whole over-the-seas dynamic very well. ....



Down here all the Dothraki are happy
As off through the grass they ride
The Stark in Westeros ain't happy
They sad 'cause Bran is down
But the crippled Bran is lucky
Others are in for a worser fate
One day when the Wolf get hungry
Guess who's gon' be on the plate

over-the-seas
over-the-seas
...

sorry what? I just got an arielle earworm.
Engore
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States1916 Posts
April 26 2011 19:30 GMT
#1828
The lannisters.. wow. I literally wanted to punch the queen in episode 2.

I'm trying to get book 1 from the library where i live, hopefully it will be here soon. And hopefully i enjoy reading it..750 pages..gonna take me foreverrrrrrrrrr.
EG | Liquid | Dignitas | FXO | SlayerS | TSL | iS | Fan of pretty much all players ^_^ | SeleCT <3 forever! Axslav <3
SF-Fork
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Russian Federation1401 Posts
April 26 2011 19:33 GMT
#1829
On April 27 2011 04:30 Engore wrote:
The lannisters.. wow. I literally wanted to punch the queen in episode 2.

I'm trying to get book 1 from the library where i live, hopefully it will be here soon. And hopefully i enjoy reading it..750 pages..gonna take me foreverrrrrrrrrr.


trust me, it's not enough... after four books you'll crave for more, just like the rest of us.
Wihl
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Sweden472 Posts
April 26 2011 19:34 GMT
#1830
I didnt like the end of episode 1.. It deviates from a small, albeit important, fact in the book but meh. Hopefully we'll see Drogos character develop faster in the coming episodes. I read the TIME review which said that from episode 5 and onwards things start getting really, really good.
Engore
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States1916 Posts
April 26 2011 19:48 GMT
#1831
On April 27 2011 04:33 SF-Fork wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2011 04:30 Engore wrote:
The lannisters.. wow. I literally wanted to punch the queen in episode 2.

I'm trying to get book 1 from the library where i live, hopefully it will be here soon. And hopefully i enjoy reading it..750 pages..gonna take me foreverrrrrrrrrr.


trust me, it's not enough... after four books you'll crave for more, just like the rest of us.


Good :D
EG | Liquid | Dignitas | FXO | SlayerS | TSL | iS | Fan of pretty much all players ^_^ | SeleCT <3 forever! Axslav <3
Skilledblob
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany3392 Posts
April 26 2011 22:15 GMT
#1832
On April 27 2011 04:28 Ceril wrote:
Daeny, while being attractive and all, doesnt sell the deal. I've always seen D from the near start as having abit of fire in her, just momentary flashes. This D don't have the lines/script for that. Racing a horse like a wildfire! challenging/seducing the khal with her pose and eyes. I would have liked to see her eyes filled with an emotion other then that of a deer pondering a truck on the interstate.


I think it's safe to say that she didnt have the chracter traits you admire about her when she first got to the Dothraki. It's a process and I think we allready saw the beginning of it in episode 2.
Shalaiyn
Profile Joined October 2010
Netherlands2735 Posts
April 26 2011 23:23 GMT
#1833
Did anyone actually notice in the first episode at the end just before he is pushed of the tower, you can actually see the hair falling from Cersei's hair?
Doppelganger
Profile Joined May 2010
488 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-26 23:44:29
April 26 2011 23:44 GMT
#1834
""You're spoiling it!" cries Sansa, "You're spoiling everything!" And it's so true. Sansa wants to be in a Disney story. Unfortunately for her, she's in Thrones."

Very nice and funny recap of the last ep on: http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/game-of-thrones-second-episode/
Tschis
Profile Joined November 2010
Brazil1511 Posts
April 26 2011 23:51 GMT
#1835
I've just watched the second episode... in the living room! (+balls)

+ Show Spoiler +
I had to switch over to "normal" tv twice or so, cause I heard she coming in, but other than that, the episode didn't have a lot of gore or sex this time.

Am I the only one (who didn't read the books) that feels like some stuff just happens out of nowhere? I mean, of course they have a reason and everything, but it just happens! Like, there's not a lot of transition between a scene and another.
"A coward is not someone that runs from a battle knowing he will lose. A coward is someone who challenges a weak knowing he will win."
PSdualwielder
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada77 Posts
April 26 2011 23:53 GMT
#1836
On April 27 2011 07:15 Skilledblob wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2011 04:28 Ceril wrote:
Daeny, while being attractive and all, doesnt sell the deal. I've always seen D from the near start as having abit of fire in her, just momentary flashes. This D don't have the lines/script for that. Racing a horse like a wildfire! challenging/seducing the khal with her pose and eyes. I would have liked to see her eyes filled with an emotion other then that of a deer pondering a truck on the interstate.


I think it's safe to say that she didnt have the chracter traits you admire about her when she first got to the Dothraki. It's a process and I think we allready saw the beginning of it in episode 2.


I agree. Part of the point of Dany's story is her transformation into...without spoiling the story but teasing it: whatever it is that she becomes. It can be viewed as a coming of age story. Since we're only two episodes in, she's still a child, and the acting has that part down so far. So I think it will be interesting to see if Emilia Clarke will nail that transformation well enough.
bnet: POKE
ItsMeDomLee
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada2732 Posts
April 27 2011 00:13 GMT
#1837
I really didn't like how they took out some of the lines between Cat and Jon.

+ Show Spoiler +
In the book, Ned doesn't come into the room during the conversation and just as Jon leaves, Cat calls to him and says that it should've been him that fell down instead of Bran. I think that this is one of the most important part in the series in Catelyn's character development as we get to see that she is indeed not a perfect person (nobody in this series is) and has a dark side to her that she is able to bring forth when it comes to the protection of her children. I honestly have no idea why they left it out.
Cyn.ful
Profile Joined April 2010
United States89 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-27 00:22:01
April 27 2011 00:20 GMT
#1838
On April 27 2011 09:13 ItsMeDomLee wrote:
I really didn't like how they took out some of the lines between Cat and Jon.

+ Show Spoiler +
In the book, Ned doesn't come into the room during the conversation and just as Jon leaves, Cat calls to him and says that it should've been him that fell down instead of Bran. I think that this is one of the most important part in the series in Catelyn's character development as we get to see that she is indeed not a perfect person (nobody in this series is) and has a dark side to her that she is able to bring forth when it comes to the protection of her children. I honestly have no idea why they left it out.


Exactly! I felt the same during episode 2. But I think they leave out the good bits for the viewers to really enjoy the books should they ever decide to read them. If anything I see GoT as a big advertisement for Aoiaf. So I really don't mind the deviations. Also, there's a graphic novel in the works. Check out George Martin's blog. :D
proxY_
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1561 Posts
April 27 2011 00:20 GMT
#1839
On April 27 2011 08:53 PSdualwielder wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2011 07:15 Skilledblob wrote:
On April 27 2011 04:28 Ceril wrote:
Daeny, while being attractive and all, doesnt sell the deal. I've always seen D from the near start as having abit of fire in her, just momentary flashes. This D don't have the lines/script for that. Racing a horse like a wildfire! challenging/seducing the khal with her pose and eyes. I would have liked to see her eyes filled with an emotion other then that of a deer pondering a truck on the interstate.


I think it's safe to say that she didnt have the chracter traits you admire about her when she first got to the Dothraki. It's a process and I think we allready saw the beginning of it in episode 2.


I agree. Part of the point of Dany's story is her transformation into...without spoiling the story but teasing it: whatever it is that she becomes. It can be viewed as a coming of age story. Since we're only two episodes in, she's still a child, and the acting has that part down so far. So I think it will be interesting to see if Emilia Clarke will nail that transformation well enough.


Even without knowing that it feels really foreshadowed with her. It's really hard to separate the books from what I feel the show is doing so I think I'll just stop there lol.
Fraidnot
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States824 Posts
April 27 2011 00:34 GMT
#1840
On April 27 2011 09:20 Cyn.ful wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2011 09:13 ItsMeDomLee wrote:
I really didn't like how they took out some of the lines between Cat and Jon.

+ Show Spoiler +
In the book, Ned doesn't come into the room during the conversation and just as Jon leaves, Cat calls to him and says that it should've been him that fell down instead of Bran. I think that this is one of the most important part in the series in Catelyn's character development as we get to see that she is indeed not a perfect person (nobody in this series is) and has a dark side to her that she is able to bring forth when it comes to the protection of her children. I honestly have no idea why they left it out.


Exactly! I felt the same during episode 2. But I think they leave out the good bits for the viewers to really enjoy the books should they ever decide to read them. If anything I see GoT as a big advertisement for Aoiaf. So I really don't mind the deviations. Also, there's a graphic novel in the works. Check out George Martin's blog. :D

So they made the second episode crappy by holding back the goods to increase book sales? In what alternate universe does that make sense? No, I think the second episode was just poorly conducted.
Prev 1 90 91 92 93 94 1836 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 35m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
EnDerr 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 2720
Rain 1822
FanTaSy 507
GuemChi 294
sSak 90
Mong 67
Bale 35
Hm[arnc] 28
ajuk12(nOOB) 17
Noble 10
[ Show more ]
NotJumperer 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm170
League of Legends
JimRising 553
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King162
Other Games
summit1g8056
olofmeister454
Happy180
KnowMe127
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick726
BasetradeTV185
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream48
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki27
• iopq 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2228
League of Legends
• Rush1430
• Lourlo1130
• Stunt480
Other Games
• Shiphtur911
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
2h 35m
INu's Battles
3h 35m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
5h 35m
OSC
14h 50m
Replay Cast
15h 35m
OSC
1d 15h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.