• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:20
CEST 21:20
KST 04:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10000 users

Hip Hop / Rap Music Discussion - Page 30

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 32 68 Next
MassHysteria
Profile Joined October 2010
United States3678 Posts
July 21 2013 15:42 GMT
#581
I also forgot about Big Boi and Dre present..Outkast. That was actually my first album of theirs that I bought (or one of them). It introduced me to some of their older classics, which then made me want to check their older stuff. That was also the introduction of Killer Mike in that 'The Whole World' song (not one of my favs).
"Just ban all the J's...even jinklejoes" --unnamed source
MCDayC
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom14464 Posts
July 21 2013 16:57 GMT
#582
On July 21 2013 23:47 Eufouria wrote:
I didn't count that because that featured and had production from 3000 but yeah that's a good album too. I guess Speakerboxxx is also technically a solo album. As a hip hop album I didn't like it as much as his other work, but he really did some pretty different stuff and worked with some electric artists, which I thought was pretty cool. It's music you might expect from Kanye West but not from the guy was always more the straight up rapper next to Andre 3000.

His reputation as a straight up rapper was always kinda silly though, he was still on some damn experimental stuff as Outkast even if his subject matter was conventional, it wasn't just Andre pushing the weird music, it was both of them (plus organised noise to a certain degree)
VERY FRAGILE, LIKE A BABY PANDA EGG
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
July 21 2013 17:38 GMT
#583
On July 21 2013 19:02 Eufouria wrote:
Aquemeni and Stankonia should be required listening for every hip hop fan. It's a shame they're probably never going to release another album now Andre 3000 just makes a career off killing other artists on their own songs.

Has anyone listened to Big Boi's first non-Outkast album Vicious Lies and Dangerous rumours? It's not what you expect from the guy who was always the more traditional rapper in Outkast.

Aquemini > ATLiens > Stankonia

Can't forget ATLiens
RIP Aaliyah
MassHysteria
Profile Joined October 2010
United States3678 Posts
July 21 2013 22:40 GMT
#584
On July 21 2013 13:43 MCDayC wrote:
It took me a hugely long amount of time to finally get to Illmatic, and one day in this thread I'll probably explain why I don't really like the supposed great hip hop album of all time, which I'm sure will drive our fledgling friendship apart MassHysteria.


BTW,u asking if he is in place with the bass and format? Explore rap, and tell me Nas ain't all that.
"Just ban all the J's...even jinklejoes" --unnamed source
MCDayC
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom14464 Posts
July 22 2013 01:42 GMT
#585
On July 22 2013 07:40 MassHysteria wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 21 2013 13:43 MCDayC wrote:
It took me a hugely long amount of time to finally get to Illmatic, and one day in this thread I'll probably explain why I don't really like the supposed great hip hop album of all time, which I'm sure will drive our fledgling friendship apart MassHysteria.


BTW,u asking if he is in place with the bass and format? Explore rap, and tell me Nas ain't all that.

Sorry, i honestly dont have a clue what you just said
VERY FRAGILE, LIKE A BABY PANDA EGG
MassHysteria
Profile Joined October 2010
United States3678 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-22 02:23:24
July 22 2013 02:15 GMT
#586
By The Way, are you asking if he stays in place with the bass and format? Explore rap, and tell me Nas ain't all that.

Sorry, that was sloppy originally.(and if you are still lost go hear halftime again =) )
"Just ban all the J's...even jinklejoes" --unnamed source
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
July 22 2013 07:22 GMT
#587
I don't bump illmatic but you have to recognize how great of an mc Nas is and the influence he had on hip-hop

I don't fuck with Paid In Full anymore because I don't enjoy listening to it much but Rakim is a deity in hip-hop and deservedly so

it's just one of those albums you have to give credit to whether you enjoy listening or not, it's that important
RIP Aaliyah
decaf
Profile Joined October 2010
Austria1797 Posts
July 22 2013 12:39 GMT
#588
Thanks for the blog, Euforia. It's fun even tho I get most of my "English lessons" from rappers so I don't even feel like the way they talk is weird or w/e. It's actually kinda natural and I have a much easier time understanding rappers than normal people lel.

Here's some videos of the Mobb Deep and KRS One concert I attended not long ago:
KRS One MCs act like they don't know
+ Show Spoiler +



Random BBoys from the audience on stage
+ Show Spoiler +




And Havoc from Mobb Deep
Fuck all y'all plus Mobb Deep - It's mine
+ Show Spoiler +




I liked the Havoc (Prodigy wasn't allowed to travel Europe and they ended up cancelling the entire tour) a lot better than KRS One. KRS had a bigger audience (probably because prodigy didn't show up and they had to change location) and bboys and as far as I could tell the audience was a lot more mature, but Havoc came with the crazy energy. And the location was dope actually, the place was rather small so you had a real easy time getting close to him and all, I liked that. Probably not gonna see Kendrick anytime soon tho, but I'm def gonna see wu tang next month. All members on stage, damn.
MassHysteria
Profile Joined October 2010
United States3678 Posts
July 22 2013 14:58 GMT
#589
If you are lost on my posts above, in the song Halftime (where I got MH from), Nas goes..
Versatile, my style switches like a faggot
But not bisexual, I'm an intellectual
Of rap I'm a professional and that's no question, yo
These are the lyrics of the man, you can't near it, understand?
Cause in the streets, I'm well-known like the number man
Am I in place with the bass and format
Explore rap and tell me "Nas ain't all that"
And next time I rhyme, I be foul
Whenever I freestyle I see trial, niggas say I'm wild..
"Just ban all the J's...even jinklejoes" --unnamed source
MCDayC
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom14464 Posts
July 22 2013 15:23 GMT
#590
Of all the verse to pick, you had to pick one which had Nas was being homophobic, goddam he just can't do good in my eyes
VERY FRAGILE, LIKE A BABY PANDA EGG
Eufouria
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United Kingdom4425 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-22 15:34:55
July 22 2013 15:34 GMT
#591
On July 22 2013 16:22 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
I don't bump illmatic but you have to recognize how great of an mc Nas is and the influence he had on hip-hop

I don't fuck with Paid In Full anymore because I don't enjoy listening to it much but Rakim is a deity in hip-hop and deservedly so

it's just one of those albums you have to give credit to whether you enjoy listening or not, it's that important

This. (Although I still listen to Illmatic every now and then.) If you listen to rap from before Illmatic came out rappers rhymes were a lot simpler, the rhymes in Illmatic are really complex for now, but at the time it was unheard of and it changed rap forever because afterwards a lot of MC's started trying to replicate Nas. There are beats on that album that nobody at the time would have known how to rap over, Busta Rhymes actually passed on the Halftime beat and look (above) at what Nas did with it.
MassHysteria
Profile Joined October 2010
United States3678 Posts
July 22 2013 15:39 GMT
#592
You're prob kidding, but other than the word 'faggot' there isn't homophobia yo. And this was 1994, before all the LGBT movement of the last 20 years. Just want to put it out there.

A little off-topic, but a lot of people aren't fair when comparing eras. You have to consider when something was released. If people say this was really good back in the days it was for a reason. It might not seem that good anymore because the people that came after him have perfected upon it that much more.
"Just ban all the J's...even jinklejoes" --unnamed source
decaf
Profile Joined October 2010
Austria1797 Posts
July 22 2013 17:34 GMT
#593
Check this one, it's how I got introduced to Nas
+ Show Spoiler +



First time I heard this I was like, damn this is smooth. And it was and that's that. And I agree with what MassHysteria said, you always gotta consider when stuff was released. Illmatic dropped in '94, it's mind boggling to me that a song like Memory Lane can be so old, but yet feel so fresh and on point. Same with Wu, when you actually consider that 36 chambers came out in '93 and tracks like protect ya neck or M.E.T.H.O.D Man even a year or 2 earlier then it's just crazy.
I think interviews are always a good way to find more appreciation for an artist. You can't say you like rap when you don't like Nas, simple as that.
+ Show Spoiler +


MassHysteria
Profile Joined October 2010
United States3678 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-23 03:36:37
July 22 2013 22:18 GMT
#594
Verbal Intercourse <3..props Decaf. One of the first one ones I heard of Nas too. At least that made me go whoaa, I need to check out his older stuff.


edit: omg guys I just got taken back to my high school days with this haha + Show Spoiler +

Funny, because these 2 songs ended up being their whole career. (Last one was the post break-up jam of the year =P)
"Just ban all the J's...even jinklejoes" --unnamed source
Pandemona *
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Charlie Sheens House51493 Posts
July 23 2013 07:43 GMT
#595
Anyone have any useful sites to look out for up coming Rap and Hip Hop albums being released? Since Spotify went retard mode and added in some stupid "Suggest" category and taken over the "Whats New" bit i have hardly noticed any new albums come out so will probably have to go back to finding things myself. Anyone use anything?
ModeratorTeam Liquid Football Thread Guru! - Chelsea FC ♥
MCDayC
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom14464 Posts
July 23 2013 09:55 GMT
#596
I just wanna say that Madvilliany is a work of fucking inspired genius, gottam.
VERY FRAGILE, LIKE A BABY PANDA EGG
Eufouria
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United Kingdom4425 Posts
July 23 2013 11:56 GMT
#597
On July 23 2013 18:55 MCDayC wrote:
I just wanna say that Madvilliany is a work of fucking inspired genius, gottam.

Yes it is. If you like it you should listen to Madlib's other collaboration albums and J Dilla's albums too.
Emzeeshady
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Canada4203 Posts
July 23 2013 11:58 GMT
#598
--- Nuked ---
Juliette
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6003 Posts
July 23 2013 20:39 GMT
#599
I loved the cool, FnL 1 was fantastic. But his releases since then have fallen off and his last album was boring
OKAY FROM THAT PERSPECTIVE I SEE WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT
WarSame
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1950 Posts
July 23 2013 21:16 GMT
#600
On July 22 2013 00:42 MassHysteria wrote:
I also forgot about Big Boi and Dre present..Outkast. That was actually my first album of theirs that I bought (or one of them). It introduced me to some of their older classics, which then made me want to check their older stuff. That was also the introduction of Killer Mike in that 'The Whole World' song (not one of my favs).

The Whole World is one of my favourite Outkast songs but I 100% can not stand Killer Mike's verse. It is one of the single worst verses I've ever heard on a legit hip hop record.
Can it be I stayed away too long? Did you miss these rhymes while I was gone?
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 32 68 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #2
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason176
BRAT_OK 80
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13831
Artosis 491
Mini 265
Dewaltoss 134
Mind 84
ZZZero.O 51
Hyun 40
Bale 26
NaDa 19
Dota 2
qojqva2773
420jenkins558
League of Legends
Doublelift24
Counter-Strike
fl0m4103
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5652
Khaldor1321
Liquid`Hasu1053
MindelVK16
Other Games
summit1g4728
FrodaN2000
B2W.Neo796
byalli649
ToD190
Mew2King49
Railgan45
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1147
BasetradeTV233
StarCraft 2
angryscii 43
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream42
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 37
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 27
• Azhi_Dahaki14
• FirePhoenix7
• FT.aCt)Sony1
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3745
Other Games
• imaqtpie875
• Shiphtur271
• WagamamaTV246
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 40m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 40m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
15h 40m
Monday Night Weeklies
20h 40m
Replay Cast
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 14h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 15h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.