• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:45
CEST 08:45
KST 15:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10682 users

Simple Questions, Simple Answers - Page 37

Forum Index > Dota 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 35 36 37 38 39 1254 Next
Ack1027
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States7873 Posts
November 18 2011 07:01 GMT
#721
Enable single player and in game options there's a checkbox for allow cheats.

-lvlup 25
-gold 99999999
-refresh
-spawncreeps

etc..

they aren't console commands, just type in game.
dnastyx
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States2707 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-18 08:25:18
November 18 2011 07:59 GMT
#722
DOTA 2 crashes on launch every time. I've uninstalled, re-installed, verified the integrity of the files, all that jazz. The game opens, gets to the DOTA 2 logo, and then spits out a warning too quickly for me to read and immediately shuts down. Any ideas?

EDIT: Never mind! I first started it from the steam folder, then restarted it through Steam. Working now.
lozarian
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United Kingdom1043 Posts
November 18 2011 16:09 GMT
#723
On November 18 2011 07:55 Mazer wrote:
What's the TL equivalent for DotA2? I'm looking for a good place to find team news, results, etc.

Thanks.


Esfi world has pretty good Dota2 coverage - match recaps, analysis, news etc.
For every battle honour a thousand heroes die alone, unsung, and unremembered.
Yurie
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
12172 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-18 16:29:12
November 18 2011 16:28 GMT
#724
On November 19 2011 01:09 lozarian wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 18 2011 07:55 Mazer wrote:
What's the TL equivalent for DotA2? I'm looking for a good place to find team news, results, etc.

Thanks.


Esfi world has pretty good Dota2 coverage - match recaps, analysis, news etc.


Gosugamers is also pretty good.

My question, how do people see their rating in Dota 2? Seeing screenshots/streams there seems to be no way to see it.
babishh
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada965 Posts
November 18 2011 16:32 GMT
#725
On November 19 2011 01:28 Yurie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 19 2011 01:09 lozarian wrote:
On November 18 2011 07:55 Mazer wrote:
What's the TL equivalent for DotA2? I'm looking for a good place to find team news, results, etc.

Thanks.


Esfi world has pretty good Dota2 coverage - match recaps, analysis, news etc.


Gosugamers is also pretty good.

My question, how do people see their rating in Dota 2? Seeing screenshots/streams there seems to be no way to see it.


afaik you can just see your rating (only win-losses atm). will confirm once home.
twitch.tv/babishh
Kaemon
Profile Joined September 2011
Spain52 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-19 04:21:24
November 19 2011 04:20 GMT
#726
With Pudge, if I get 10 kills without any point on the MagicResist/STR skill; when I get the first point on it, will I get the STR from those 10 kills that I made while the skill wasn't leveled at all?
(I know that if I got 10 kills with the Skill Lv1, those get upgraped (giving more STR) when I futher increase the skill level).
rabidch
Profile Joined January 2010
United States20289 Posts
November 19 2011 06:51 GMT
#727
On November 19 2011 13:20 Kaemon wrote:
With Pudge, if I get 10 kills without any point on the MagicResist/STR skill; when I get the first point on it, will I get the STR from those 10 kills that I made while the skill wasn't leveled at all?
(I know that if I got 10 kills with the Skill Lv1, those get upgraped (giving more STR) when I futher increase the skill level).

yes i dont know if it says in the actual description but it is retroactive
LiquidDota StaffOnly a true king can play the King.
Insomniac22
Profile Joined February 2011
United States907 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-19 08:21:21
November 19 2011 08:21 GMT
#728
How do I save my hotkeys?

Everytime I restart the game they always change and i hate using the keypad for items.
Cirn9
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
1117 Posts
November 19 2011 12:48 GMT
#729
Is there an adopt a baddie program for dota2 like on the LoL subforum? I was just given a pass by a friend, and I have never played DotA or HoN before and I never played much of LoL, I desperately need some TLers to teach me.


Also, someone should make a TL-DotA2 steam group
Unprotected sex is like fast expanding in close positions. Its risky, but feels great when it works out
5-s
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1674 Posts
November 20 2011 04:22 GMT
#730
On November 19 2011 13:20 Kaemon wrote:
With Pudge, if I get 10 kills without any point on the MagicResist/STR skill; when I get the first point on it, will I get the STR from those 10 kills that I made while the skill wasn't leveled at all?
(I know that if I got 10 kills with the Skill Lv1, those get upgraped (giving more STR) when I futher increase the skill level).

Yes.
I liked Dota before it was Mainstream.
Yurie
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
12172 Posts
November 20 2011 11:02 GMT
#731
Which colour is the highest rated player or is it random?
lozarian
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United Kingdom1043 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-20 12:26:10
November 20 2011 12:25 GMT
#732
On November 19 2011 21:48 Cirn9 wrote:
Is there an adopt a baddie program for dota2 like on the LoL subforum? I was just given a pass by a friend, and I have never played DotA or HoN before and I never played much of LoL, I desperately need some TLers to teach me.


Also, someone should make a TL-DotA2 steam group


There is one:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/teamliquiddota2

Which, admittedly, I only found because I tried to make one just now. Also if I'm around I'll be more than happy to help, but its quite hard to explain why stuff is wrong sometimes - it just.. feels wrong.
For every battle honour a thousand heroes die alone, unsung, and unremembered.
Goshawk.
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United Kingdom5338 Posts
November 20 2011 22:31 GMT
#733
Where do you find wars? -__- They seem so hard to find, only rarely see them in the old #dotacw.euro. Or are all the teams really just playing MM?
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
November 20 2011 23:32 GMT
#734
in Dota 1 or 2?

Dota 1 is still IRC except you might have to ask individual teams rather than just spamming that channel

Dota 2, no idea, I would assume that most of the top players are doing MMR outside of dedicated practice. There just aren't enough people to consistently scrim.
Get it by your hands...
5-s
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1674 Posts
November 20 2011 23:46 GMT
#735
Irc and friend lists for dota 2. There are teams who scrim, you just have to know them. And they probably won't scrim you if you're not known or impress them in MM or something.
I liked Dota before it was Mainstream.
red_b
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1267 Posts
November 20 2011 23:47 GMT
#736
is there a place where I can see guides aimed at higher level play instead of pubstomping?

for example, I know that vanguard and manta are excellent on AM because they make him durable, but I really have no idea how to build INT heroes since so many of the midgamey items (like wand, urn, arcane boots) were introduced after I had moved on from DotA.

while I realize there is some level of common sense and it can be situational, I would like to read up on item and skill builds so I can focus more on improving my mechanics right now.
Those small maps were like a boxing match in a phone booth.
duckii
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany1017 Posts
November 21 2011 00:35 GMT
#737
are there replays saved from my matchmaking games like in dota?
5-s
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1674 Posts
November 21 2011 02:14 GMT
#738
On November 21 2011 08:47 red_b wrote:
is there a place where I can see guides aimed at higher level play instead of pubstomping?

for example, I know that vanguard and manta are excellent on AM because they make him durable, but I really have no idea how to build INT heroes since so many of the midgamey items (like wand, urn, arcane boots) were introduced after I had moved on from DotA.

while I realize there is some level of common sense and it can be situational, I would like to read up on item and skill builds so I can focus more on improving my mechanics right now.

If there are, I haven't really found them. The best way to learn is to parse replays of high level games (I prefer the Chinese ones) for item and skillbuilds, and watch their moving patterns.
I liked Dota before it was Mainstream.
Defury
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Germany206 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-21 07:01:46
November 21 2011 06:50 GMT
#739
So I have been playing a bit and now I am curious about a few things/

1) Courier, what happens when 2 people want to use it at once?

2) Morphling. How do I know his default stats and when do I know its safe to morph into high agi? Do I always go high agi then hit str as soon as I get attacked? And after I do morph one or the other what do I do to get back to a normal stat.

3) are the suggested builds any good for a beginner?

4) When you replicate someone do you have to box target morph and the replication right away and control both or will it attack the hero it replicated.
esasafe
Profile Joined November 2010
United States103 Posts
November 21 2011 06:59 GMT
#740
On November 21 2011 15:50 Defury wrote:
So I have been playing a bit and now I am curious about a few things/

1) Courier, what happens when 2 people want to use it at once?

2) Morphling. How do I know his default stats and when do I know its safe to morph into high agi? Do I always go high agi then hit str as soon as I get attacked? And after I do morph one or the other what do I do to get back to a normal stat.

3) are the suggested builds any good for a beginner?


1) Courier takes both of their commands. It's up to the two players to figure out who gets to use it first.

2) I'll leave this to a morphling player to answer better. You can see his default stats in the box on the lower left of the screen that shows all of his stats. You get it back to a normal stat by turning on the opposite morph that you used - if you morphed into agi, then once you're done and want to go back to normal you morph into str.

3) Uh. In general they're not a bad place to start. Certain heroes stick out in my mind (cm, lich, especially venge) as having their item set be kind of dumb. I think I remember seeing a butterfly or something like that on venge's recommended items.
Prev 1 35 36 37 38 39 1254 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 173
StarCraft: Brood War
soO 643
hero 564
BeSt 272
Hyuk 83
Mind 35
Bale 24
Noble 18
Terrorterran 13
ZergMaN 10
yabsab 8
[ Show more ]
Icarus 7
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1027
XaKoH 225
League of Legends
JimRising 611
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King114
Other Games
summit1g9360
ceh9238
Livibee69
ArmadaUGS42
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick530
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 8
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH381
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2304
League of Legends
• Rush1363
• Stunt457
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 15m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
4h 15m
Monday Night Weeklies
9h 15m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 17h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.