• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:38
CEST 15:38
KST 22:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9196 users

Open Beta Weekend - Page 65

Forum Index > Diablo 3
Post a Reply
Prev 1 63 64 65 66 67 68 Next
OceanLab
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
France505 Posts
April 23 2012 00:58 GMT
#1281
On April 23 2012 09:49 SnipedSoul wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 09:47 OceanLab wrote:
Does anyone know how to play hradcore mode? When I play my level 13 demon hunter, the only option is normal difficulty....


Need to make a new character, on the left side there will be a hardcore mode option.

Thanks a lot :D
Liquid through and through
aseq
Profile Joined January 2003
Netherlands4019 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-23 01:10:49
April 23 2012 01:06 GMT
#1282
On April 23 2012 09:38 zJayy962 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 08:03 killa_robot wrote:
On April 22 2012 17:14 Caphe wrote:
I am using Win 7 Ultimate 64bit and the beta installed in about an hour and run smoothly once I manage to log on the server.
Did you guys run the setup file using administrator?


Just finished the first run with a Barb, quite satisfy to say the least, they kept many aspect similar to D2, but as someone mentioned, the skill page takes to much space so its very annoying if you want to change skill in middle of a fight.


*Sigh*

I uninstalled it and re-installed with "Run as Admin" checked. And it fucken worked.

The fuck is the point of asking if I want to run something in admin mode if you're not even going to run it in admin mode when I say yes? Fucken windows.

Figures I'd get about 10 minutes of playtime before they decide to shutdown the server for an hour and a half too.

But yea, I heard other people with windows 7 x64 having issues, who connected it to that process. I had the same issue, so I figured they were right. Guess it was just windows being a bitch.

Should add that in my brief playtime I really disliked the way leveling up works. Seems like we get no freedom to choose how to build our character. Skills auto-choosen, attributes auto-choosen, skills given predetermined slots to be used in, runes are unlocked at set levels and seem to be later runes = better runes, so there will be no variety there. Combat is at least fun though.


Jut for clarification: Skills given in predetermined slots can be turned off. Also runes that unlock later on are not necessarily better. Since they all scale usually by percent, the idea is that all skills/runes will be viable all throughout the game


Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 09:35 aseq wrote:
Just spent another 35 mins continuously trying to log in (while reading a book). No luck. I'm done with this Open Login Weekend.


They've already announced that the game will be shut down for an hour. If you just pay attention to forums, you won't have any problems logging in and out. I probably played more hours this weekend then during the closed beta that I've had it.


I did read that they were going to be off for a while...I started right when it was supposed to go up (it also said this in the message in the login screen), which was about an hour ago (@17PDT). Did I mess up with the timezones or do they not like europe?

Edit: did do indeed not like Europe, changed login to The Americas and got in immediately
killa_robot
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada1884 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-23 01:56:31
April 23 2012 01:56 GMT
#1283
On April 23 2012 09:38 zJayy962 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 08:03 killa_robot wrote:
On April 22 2012 17:14 Caphe wrote:
I am using Win 7 Ultimate 64bit and the beta installed in about an hour and run smoothly once I manage to log on the server.
Did you guys run the setup file using administrator?


Just finished the first run with a Barb, quite satisfy to say the least, they kept many aspect similar to D2, but as someone mentioned, the skill page takes to much space so its very annoying if you want to change skill in middle of a fight.


*Sigh*

I uninstalled it and re-installed with "Run as Admin" checked. And it fucken worked.

The fuck is the point of asking if I want to run something in admin mode if you're not even going to run it in admin mode when I say yes? Fucken windows.

Figures I'd get about 10 minutes of playtime before they decide to shutdown the server for an hour and a half too.

But yea, I heard other people with windows 7 x64 having issues, who connected it to that process. I had the same issue, so I figured they were right. Guess it was just windows being a bitch.

Should add that in my brief playtime I really disliked the way leveling up works. Seems like we get no freedom to choose how to build our character. Skills auto-choosen, attributes auto-choosen, skills given predetermined slots to be used in, runes are unlocked at set levels and seem to be later runes = better runes, so there will be no variety there. Combat is at least fun though.


Jut for clarification: Skills given in predetermined slots can be turned off. Also runes that unlock later on are not necessarily better. Since they all scale usually by percent, the idea is that all skills/runes will be viable all throughout the game



Meh, that was more just for supplementing my main point which is that they don't seem to want to give you much freedom in creating your character. Truthfully that part of the game doesn't bother me all too much.

Is there a setting somewhere that allows me to actually see how much damage skills do? All I get is a description that says what the skills do, then in my character screen i can see my base damage. It's annoying as hell that I have to guess how much damage my abilities actually do.

If later runes aren't better why are they later? It makes no sense, so I really hope they change them again to something else.
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
April 23 2012 02:00 GMT
#1284
Turn on advanced tool tips to see skill damage.
killa_robot
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada1884 Posts
April 23 2012 02:01 GMT
#1285
On April 23 2012 11:00 skyR wrote:
Turn on advanced tool tips to see skill damage.


Thanks.
TheRealPaciFist
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1049 Posts
April 23 2012 02:32 GMT
#1286
I came into beta thinking Witch Doctor would be my fav.


Then it turns out that the least strategic character is the most fun. BARBARIAN SMASH, RAWR
Second favorite strategy game of all time: Starcraft. First: Go (aka Wei Qi, Paduk, or Igo)
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
April 23 2012 03:19 GMT
#1287
In all honesty... I had way more fun with Path of Exile beta than this stuff so far. It's just.. the UI, the skills, everything. Pretty sure I'm not going to buy it soon, gonna stay with PoE instead if I have the urge to play such a game. <3
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
zJayy962
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
1363 Posts
April 23 2012 05:03 GMT
#1288
On April 23 2012 10:56 killa_robot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 09:38 zJayy962 wrote:
On April 23 2012 08:03 killa_robot wrote:
On April 22 2012 17:14 Caphe wrote:
I am using Win 7 Ultimate 64bit and the beta installed in about an hour and run smoothly once I manage to log on the server.
Did you guys run the setup file using administrator?


Just finished the first run with a Barb, quite satisfy to say the least, they kept many aspect similar to D2, but as someone mentioned, the skill page takes to much space so its very annoying if you want to change skill in middle of a fight.


*Sigh*

I uninstalled it and re-installed with "Run as Admin" checked. And it fucken worked.

The fuck is the point of asking if I want to run something in admin mode if you're not even going to run it in admin mode when I say yes? Fucken windows.

Figures I'd get about 10 minutes of playtime before they decide to shutdown the server for an hour and a half too.

But yea, I heard other people with windows 7 x64 having issues, who connected it to that process. I had the same issue, so I figured they were right. Guess it was just windows being a bitch.

Should add that in my brief playtime I really disliked the way leveling up works. Seems like we get no freedom to choose how to build our character. Skills auto-choosen, attributes auto-choosen, skills given predetermined slots to be used in, runes are unlocked at set levels and seem to be later runes = better runes, so there will be no variety there. Combat is at least fun though.


Jut for clarification: Skills given in predetermined slots can be turned off. Also runes that unlock later on are not necessarily better. Since they all scale usually by percent, the idea is that all skills/runes will be viable all throughout the game



Meh, that was more just for supplementing my main point which is that they don't seem to want to give you much freedom in creating your character. Truthfully that part of the game doesn't bother me all too much.

Is there a setting somewhere that allows me to actually see how much damage skills do? All I get is a description that says what the skills do, then in my character screen i can see my base damage. It's annoying as hell that I have to guess how much damage my abilities actually do.

If later runes aren't better why are they later? It makes no sense, so I really hope they change them again to something else
.


They don't want characters to have access to so many skills at once. Every game in its genre and in MMO's does this. It limits player's options until max level. I don't know if I'm more of a fan of this system they have now or the system before where runes were drops from monsters but the system felt good as I was progressing as I unlocked a second rune, saw the uses for it but preferred the first rune for my specific play style.
caradoc
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada3022 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-23 06:04:20
April 23 2012 06:04 GMT
#1289
[image loading]

what do I win?
Salvation a la mode and a cup of tea...
NeoLearner
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Belgium1847 Posts
April 23 2012 08:49 GMT
#1290
On April 23 2012 15:04 caradoc wrote:
[image loading]

what do I win?

A "Congratulations" from me

How much playtime did that take? I think I maxed by WD after 5.5 hours of (mostly drunk) playtime, so something like 25 hours? Sort of impressive, with the amount of connections issues that were aroud for a good part of the weekend.
Bankai - Correlation does not imply causation
GoooN
Profile Joined August 2010
217 Posts
April 23 2012 09:09 GMT
#1291
Got pretty bored after the first playthrough. But then again, it's just a beta.
SafeAsCheese
Profile Joined June 2011
United States4924 Posts
April 23 2012 09:18 GMT
#1292
Getting 100% achievements is almost impossible unless you have friends, because people literally never die in the beta so you can never get the revive achievement lol.
Klockan3
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Sweden2866 Posts
April 23 2012 09:29 GMT
#1293
On April 23 2012 17:49 NeoLearner wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 15:04 caradoc wrote:
[image loading]

what do I win?

A "Congratulations" from me

How much playtime did that take? I think I maxed by WD after 5.5 hours of (mostly drunk) playtime, so something like 25 hours? Sort of impressive, with the amount of connections issues that were aroud for a good part of the weekend.

Takes roughly 3 hours to max a char, I got all achievments in 18 hours. It goes a lot faster when you got +40 exp per kill with your gear, makes those 20 exp skeletons turn into 60 exp skeletons.
jfourz
Profile Joined August 2009
Ireland421 Posts
April 23 2012 12:45 GMT
#1294
went from planning to play a sorc to not planning on playing at all

the combination of no decent custom games ui (they sure learned from sc2 right!?) and terrible customization options are too much. i'm sure it'll be a good single player game, but i was hoping for something to dump my time into a la d2, and sadly i don't think d3 is going to be that game

plays like wow instance finder without the rest of wow
it is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. that is true, it's called life.
Sbrubbles
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil5776 Posts
April 23 2012 12:52 GMT
#1295
Did anyone else have lag issues, especially last night? My connection plays sc2 smoothly with 200 ms latency, but my diablo latency was way higher than that.
Bora Pain minha porra!
Mephiztopheles1
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
1124 Posts
April 23 2012 14:10 GMT
#1296
On April 23 2012 21:45 jfourz wrote:
went from planning to play a sorc to not planning on playing at all

the combination of no decent custom games ui (they sure learned from sc2 right!?) and terrible customization options are too much. i'm sure it'll be a good single player game, but i was hoping for something to dump my time into a la d2, and sadly i don't think d3 is going to be that game

plays like wow instance finder without the rest of wow


And you know all this from a beta *rollseyes*

I know the quest after the SK would be to kill the three lords all the same time and boom, game over, but it's not that bad I mean it's not like there's still more difficulties, loads of stuff nobody but Blizzard knows about like how customization will end up working, not to mention PATCHING, but yeah it sucks so much... Jesus christ whiners.
Pitrocelli
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Slovakia127 Posts
April 23 2012 14:38 GMT
#1297
I am gratefull for this beta after all. It led me to discovery of Path of Exile and i have a blast playing it

D3 beta hopefully showed worst part of game. I hope that on higher difficulty game will be challenging and customizable ... according to this old vid


But still, beta content was terrybad.
caradoc
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada3022 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-23 14:57:47
April 23 2012 14:44 GMT
#1298
On April 23 2012 17:49 NeoLearner wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 15:04 caradoc wrote:
[image loading]

what do I win?

A "Congratulations" from me

How much playtime did that take? I think I maxed by WD after 5.5 hours of (mostly drunk) playtime, so something like 25 hours? Sort of impressive, with the amount of connections issues that were aroud for a good part of the weekend.


Well, I was about to say 'I can't check cuz the open beta is over'... but it turns out I can login anyways. haha.

Demon Hunter (1st class): 5 hours, 4 min.
Monk (2nd) 3 hours 39 minutes
Wizard (3rd): 2 hours 37 minutes
Barbarian (4th): 3 hours 9 minutes
Witch Doctor (5th): 2hours 31 minutes


The time decreasing was both cuz I built up a set of +exp gear making levelling way way faster, and cuz I just figured out what was the fastest/easiest way to level.

The blip on the barbarian is cuz I did a few other achievements with that char (the rez one took the longest) and had to wait in a game while a friend made chars/logged, and died. It was hard cuz of server issues for my friend.

I think either the demon hunter would probably be the best levelling class.

On April 23 2012 18:18 SafeAsCheese wrote:
Getting 100% achievements is almost impossible unless you have friends, because people literally never die in the beta so you can never get the revive achievement lol.


Yup, had to use a friend.
Salvation a la mode and a cup of tea...
Caphe
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Vietnam10817 Posts
April 23 2012 15:36 GMT
#1299
How can I still be able to log in to the open beta. Just finish a DH run, Isn't the beta end like 12 hours ago?
Terran
Osyrul
Profile Joined February 2012
257 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-23 15:48:14
April 23 2012 15:46 GMT
#1300
On April 24 2012 00:36 Caphe wrote:
How can I still be able to log in to the open beta. Just finish a DH run, Isn't the beta end like 12 hours ago?


An hour and a half till the beta ends.
EDIT: The open beta of course.
Prev 1 63 64 65 66 67 68 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 1032
WardiTV708
OGKoka 289
Rex158
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 289
Rex 158
ProTech135
Codebar 3
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 3028
Shuttle 1665
Horang2 1385
Jaedong 813
BeSt 772
EffOrt 651
Light 312
firebathero 287
Rush 271
Stork 254
[ Show more ]
ZerO 251
ggaemo 188
Mini 176
Zeus 94
Barracks 85
Shine 75
Killer 66
Sea.KH 54
Hyun 51
Yoon 39
ToSsGirL 33
Shinee 30
Sexy 26
Bale 25
sorry 24
Mong 24
Aegong 18
soO 17
PianO 17
ajuk12(nOOB) 15
Terrorterran 14
Sacsri 11
HiyA 11
zelot 9
Noble 9
yabsab 7
Icarus 7
Dota 2
qojqva3059
Dendi2153
BananaSlamJamma296
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
x6flipin424
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes408
Other Games
singsing2255
olofmeister1712
B2W.Neo837
hiko825
Lowko349
Sick241
Pyrionflax196
Liquid`VortiX159
ArmadaUGS90
Mew2King37
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream495
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 12
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH295
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2197
• Nemesis986
Other Games
• WagamamaTV264
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
2h 23m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 23m
Afreeca Starleague
20h 23m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 10h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 21h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.