• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:37
CEST 20:37
KST 03:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8905 users

Open Beta Weekend - Page 63

Forum Index > Diablo 3
Post a Reply
Prev 1 61 62 63 64 65 68 Next
imJealous
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1382 Posts
April 22 2012 18:02 GMT
#1241
On April 23 2012 02:47 caradoc wrote:
Levelling my barb, 2nd last of all 5 characters to max on the beta weekend...

The first run through I always do solo, and upon killing the skeleton king, I get three junk blues, PLUS these two, which I am now dual wielding.

Is this even possible?

[image loading]

Holy lucky!
... In life very little goes right. "Right" meaning the way one expected and the way one wanted it. One has no right to want or expect anything.
RinconH
Profile Joined April 2010
United States512 Posts
April 22 2012 18:10 GMT
#1242
Game is fun and I'll still buy it but, have to say, I am somewhat disappointed in how good it is after such a long development time.

I can honestly say that Torchlight 2 was more fun to play.

Of course Diablo 3 will have the huge community fan base + awesome online stuff which puts its over the top... but I expected more.
nam nam
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden4672 Posts
April 22 2012 18:18 GMT
#1243
The person who came up with the idea with the "massacre" "desctruction" "mighty blow" popups need to be fired. Woop woop I just destroyed 6!!!! objects, whatever would I do without this information... And I've tried all the settings there is, you can't turn it off.
k0pf
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany180 Posts
April 22 2012 18:25 GMT
#1244
I have to agree that the "massacre" stuff really gets boring after 10 mins ... dunno :D
Dotq
Profile Joined March 2012
Norway235 Posts
April 22 2012 18:33 GMT
#1245
On April 23 2012 03:10 RinconH wrote:
Game is fun and I'll still buy it but, have to say, I am somewhat disappointed in how good it is after such a long development time.

I can honestly say that Torchlight 2 was more fun to play.

Of course Diablo 3 will have the huge community fan base + awesome online stuff which puts its over the top... but I expected more.


Im sorry the first 2% of the game was not what u expected. Yes that is how small the portion of the game you have seen.
RinconH
Profile Joined April 2010
United States512 Posts
April 22 2012 18:49 GMT
#1246
On April 23 2012 03:33 Dotq wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 03:10 RinconH wrote:
Game is fun and I'll still buy it but, have to say, I am somewhat disappointed in how good it is after such a long development time.

I can honestly say that Torchlight 2 was more fun to play.

Of course Diablo 3 will have the huge community fan base + awesome online stuff which puts its over the top... but I expected more.


Im sorry the first 2% of the game was not what u expected. Yes that is how small the portion of the game you have seen.


There was more than enough of the game to get a solid evaluation of the gameplay/graphics/feel.
zJayy962
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
1363 Posts
April 22 2012 18:50 GMT
#1247
On April 23 2012 03:33 Dotq wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 03:10 RinconH wrote:
Game is fun and I'll still buy it but, have to say, I am somewhat disappointed in how good it is after such a long development time.

I can honestly say that Torchlight 2 was more fun to play.

Of course Diablo 3 will have the huge community fan base + awesome online stuff which puts its over the top... but I expected more.


Im sorry the first 2% of the game was not what u expected. Yes that is how small the portion of the game you have seen.


Definitely less than 2%.
trinxified
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada7774 Posts
April 22 2012 19:51 GMT
#1248
How long will D3 really be for a normal playthrough? 20 hours?
Dotq
Profile Joined March 2012
Norway235 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-22 20:11:27
April 22 2012 20:11 GMT
#1249
On April 23 2012 03:49 RinconH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 03:33 Dotq wrote:
On April 23 2012 03:10 RinconH wrote:
Game is fun and I'll still buy it but, have to say, I am somewhat disappointed in how good it is after such a long development time.

I can honestly say that Torchlight 2 was more fun to play.

Of course Diablo 3 will have the huge community fan base + awesome online stuff which puts its over the top... but I expected more.


Im sorry the first 2% of the game was not what u expected. Yes that is how small the portion of the game you have seen.


There was more than enough of the game to get a solid evaluation of the gameplay/graphics/feel.


At this point i guess ur trolling


"Solid evaluation", of 2% of the intro part of the game, witch is super easy. You have no clue how the gameplay/feel will be later on.

Also the graphics is said to be lowered in the beta. Go watch demo of diablo 3 at blizzcon 2009, thats 3 years ago, and the graphics look far better there.
trinxified
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada7774 Posts
April 22 2012 20:12 GMT
#1250
On April 23 2012 05:11 Dotq wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 03:49 RinconH wrote:
On April 23 2012 03:33 Dotq wrote:
On April 23 2012 03:10 RinconH wrote:
Game is fun and I'll still buy it but, have to say, I am somewhat disappointed in how good it is after such a long development time.

I can honestly say that Torchlight 2 was more fun to play.

Of course Diablo 3 will have the huge community fan base + awesome online stuff which puts its over the top... but I expected more.


Im sorry the first 2% of the game was not what u expected. Yes that is how small the portion of the game you have seen.


There was more than enough of the game to get a solid evaluation of the gameplay/graphics/feel.


At this point i guess ur trolling


"Solid evaluation", of 2% of the intro part of the game, witch is super easy. You have no clue how the gameplay/feel will be later on.

Also the graphics is said to be lowered in the beta. Go watch demo of diablo 3 at blizzcon 2009, thats 3 years ago, and the graphics look far better there.


Oh the graphics are lower in Beta? Damn. I tried it to test if my PC can handle D3 well, which it did. But I guess if what you're saying is true, then I'll have to hope for the best on release day.
zJayy962
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
1363 Posts
April 22 2012 20:33 GMT
#1251
On April 23 2012 05:12 trinxified wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 05:11 Dotq wrote:
On April 23 2012 03:49 RinconH wrote:
On April 23 2012 03:33 Dotq wrote:
On April 23 2012 03:10 RinconH wrote:
Game is fun and I'll still buy it but, have to say, I am somewhat disappointed in how good it is after such a long development time.

I can honestly say that Torchlight 2 was more fun to play.

Of course Diablo 3 will have the huge community fan base + awesome online stuff which puts its over the top... but I expected more.


Im sorry the first 2% of the game was not what u expected. Yes that is how small the portion of the game you have seen.


There was more than enough of the game to get a solid evaluation of the gameplay/graphics/feel.


At this point i guess ur trolling


"Solid evaluation", of 2% of the intro part of the game, witch is super easy. You have no clue how the gameplay/feel will be later on.

Also the graphics is said to be lowered in the beta. Go watch demo of diablo 3 at blizzcon 2009, thats 3 years ago, and the graphics look far better there.


Oh the graphics are lower in Beta? Damn. I tried it to test if my PC can handle D3 well, which it did. But I guess if what you're saying is true, then I'll have to hope for the best on release day.


I have never seen this claim before. Im pretty sure what you see in the beta is what you get (graphics wise).
ThaZenith
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada3116 Posts
April 22 2012 20:39 GMT
#1252
The only difference in graphics I can imagine would be maybe a slight tuning by release, so it would run a little smoother on all cards.
Dotq
Profile Joined March 2012
Norway235 Posts
April 22 2012 20:46 GMT
#1253
On April 23 2012 05:33 zJayy962 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 05:12 trinxified wrote:
On April 23 2012 05:11 Dotq wrote:
On April 23 2012 03:49 RinconH wrote:
On April 23 2012 03:33 Dotq wrote:
On April 23 2012 03:10 RinconH wrote:
Game is fun and I'll still buy it but, have to say, I am somewhat disappointed in how good it is after such a long development time.

I can honestly say that Torchlight 2 was more fun to play.

Of course Diablo 3 will have the huge community fan base + awesome online stuff which puts its over the top... but I expected more.


Im sorry the first 2% of the game was not what u expected. Yes that is how small the portion of the game you have seen.


There was more than enough of the game to get a solid evaluation of the gameplay/graphics/feel.


At this point i guess ur trolling


"Solid evaluation", of 2% of the intro part of the game, witch is super easy. You have no clue how the gameplay/feel will be later on.

Also the graphics is said to be lowered in the beta. Go watch demo of diablo 3 at blizzcon 2009, thats 3 years ago, and the graphics look far better there.


Oh the graphics are lower in Beta? Damn. I tried it to test if my PC can handle D3 well, which it did. But I guess if what you're saying is true, then I'll have to hope for the best on release day.


I have never seen this claim before. Im pretty sure what you see in the beta is what you get (graphics wise).



There was a blue post on it a few days ago. Basicly said that the graphics is not optimal in the beta. Just watch monk gameplay vid from 2009 blizzcon, the graphics are far better there then in the beta, and thats 3 years ago.
mage3
Profile Joined September 2010
Bulgaria43 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-22 21:01:38
April 22 2012 21:01 GMT
#1254
I'm pretty sure they will up the texture quality, for example. Textures are pretty low res and this is made for compability reasons, but for the final game I bet they will be much better.
MisterD
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Germany1338 Posts
April 22 2012 21:20 GMT
#1255
On April 23 2012 06:01 mage3 wrote:
I'm pretty sure they will up the texture quality, for example. Textures are pretty low res and this is made for compability reasons, but for the final game I bet they will be much better.


yeah i remember, SWTOR was to have better textures than beta too.
Gold isn't everything in life... you need wood, too!
maartendq
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Belgium3115 Posts
April 22 2012 21:35 GMT
#1256
On April 23 2012 05:11 Dotq wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 03:49 RinconH wrote:
On April 23 2012 03:33 Dotq wrote:
On April 23 2012 03:10 RinconH wrote:
Game is fun and I'll still buy it but, have to say, I am somewhat disappointed in how good it is after such a long development time.

I can honestly say that Torchlight 2 was more fun to play.

Of course Diablo 3 will have the huge community fan base + awesome online stuff which puts its over the top... but I expected more.


Im sorry the first 2% of the game was not what u expected. Yes that is how small the portion of the game you have seen.


There was more than enough of the game to get a solid evaluation of the gameplay/graphics/feel.


At this point i guess ur trolling


"Solid evaluation", of 2% of the intro part of the game, witch is super easy. You have no clue how the gameplay/feel will be later on.

Also the graphics is said to be lowered in the beta. Go watch demo of diablo 3 at blizzcon 2009, thats 3 years ago, and the graphics look far better there.

Pre-beta screenshots of SC2 also looked a lot better than the version we got in the end. Doesn't say much, imo.

And yes, the beta is more than enough to get a feel for the game. You get to play all characters up to level 13, which is plenty for a demo.
CROrens
Profile Joined May 2007
Croatia1005 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-22 22:13:36
April 22 2012 22:12 GMT
#1257
On April 23 2012 03:50 zJayy962 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 03:33 Dotq wrote:
On April 23 2012 03:10 RinconH wrote:
Game is fun and I'll still buy it but, have to say, I am somewhat disappointed in how good it is after such a long development time.

I can honestly say that Torchlight 2 was more fun to play.

Of course Diablo 3 will have the huge community fan base + awesome online stuff which puts its over the top... but I expected more.


Im sorry the first 2% of the game was not what u expected. Yes that is how small the portion of the game you have seen.


Definitely less than 2%.


ugh no, its more like 10%
higher difficulties bring same quests just stronger monsters


but i dunno why people cry about the game, its all i expected it to be. had tons of fun doing 4 man naked hardcore runs since the beta is so fricken easy
There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives. - Anonymous ......||......Hyuk fan! \o/
Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany2959 Posts
April 22 2012 22:13 GMT
#1258
On April 23 2012 06:35 maartendq wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 05:11 Dotq wrote:
On April 23 2012 03:49 RinconH wrote:
On April 23 2012 03:33 Dotq wrote:
On April 23 2012 03:10 RinconH wrote:
Game is fun and I'll still buy it but, have to say, I am somewhat disappointed in how good it is after such a long development time.

I can honestly say that Torchlight 2 was more fun to play.

Of course Diablo 3 will have the huge community fan base + awesome online stuff which puts its over the top... but I expected more.


Im sorry the first 2% of the game was not what u expected. Yes that is how small the portion of the game you have seen.


There was more than enough of the game to get a solid evaluation of the gameplay/graphics/feel.


At this point i guess ur trolling


"Solid evaluation", of 2% of the intro part of the game, witch is super easy. You have no clue how the gameplay/feel will be later on.

Also the graphics is said to be lowered in the beta. Go watch demo of diablo 3 at blizzcon 2009, thats 3 years ago, and the graphics look far better there.

Pre-beta screenshots of SC2 also looked a lot better than the version we got in the end. Doesn't say much, imo.

And yes, the beta is more than enough to get a feel for the game. You get to play all characters up to level 13, which is plenty for a demo.


God no, pre-beta Starcraft 2 screenshots looked much worse and well, the game did look much worse back then.
WrathBringerReturns said: No no no. Sarcasm is detected in the voice. When this forum is riddled with stupidity, you think I can tell every post apart? Fair enough it was intended sarcastically, was it obvious? Of course not.
aseq
Profile Joined January 2003
Netherlands4019 Posts
April 22 2012 22:14 GMT
#1259
Is it down now for the rest of the day? I just tried about 50 times to login, suddenly the message on the right shows servers are down.
HyDrA_solic
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Portugal491 Posts
April 22 2012 22:20 GMT
#1260
how much time.
It's all about the reflections of freedom. Even though he hoped for a better world, with all his strenght, all his will, the most he could do was to make her smile.
Prev 1 61 62 63 64 65 68 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM840
TaKeTV 328
TKL 328
IndyStarCraft 214
BRAT_OK 114
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 840
TKL 328
IndyStarCraft 214
MaxPax 173
BRAT_OK 114
UpATreeSC 85
EmSc Tv 21
JuggernautJason17
MindelVK 15
Nathanias 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 723
ggaemo 175
White-Ra 124
firebathero 118
910 60
Barracks 50
Hyun 37
Trap 27
Killer 25
Bale 24
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 20
Shine 15
soO 13
yabsab 9
Dota 2
qojqva4123
Counter-Strike
Fnx 776
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby7048
crisheroes1742
Liquid`Hasu1513
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi3701
singsing1496
Beastyqt737
ceh9678
B2W.Neo462
ArmadaUGS156
C9.Mang0150
KnowMe90
Trikslyr54
Dewaltoss36
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream463
Other Games
BasetradeTV208
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 21
EmSc2Tv 21
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 102
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 18
• FirePhoenix15
• Azhi_Dahaki5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2439
• TFBlade874
Other Games
• Shiphtur309
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 23m
Afreeca Starleague
15h 23m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 5h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 16h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.