• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:53
CEST 12:53
KST 19:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)39Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7447 users

Open Beta Weekend - Page 68

Forum Index > Diablo 3
Post a Reply
Prev 1 66 67 68
Ghostcom
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark4783 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-24 22:03:49
April 24 2012 22:01 GMT
#1341
On April 24 2012 17:50 Shockk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 24 2012 17:42 Ghostcom wrote:
Is it only me who found the game too "light"? I didn't have the same eerie feeling that I did with D1 and to a lesser extent D2. I know I've grown a deal since, and having played games like amnesia I guess it takes more to create that eerie feeling, but I can't help but feel that it is wrong to have neglected such an integral element of the series.


Nope. Highly atmospheric, much more so than the first act of D2. Art, music and sound are very well done. You also shouldn't compare a survival horror game to an action-RPG.


You might want to read what I wrote again - I didn't compare the two, I said that one might have made me less sensitive overall, meaning that it was perhaps just me who found it less eerie.

But seriously, I stopped playing back in D1 when I encountered the butcher the first time. D2 managed to create some of the horror at several points, but during the open beta I didn't at any point feel startled nor shared the dread that it must be to live in place like (new) Tristam. I know this was just a "taste" and isn't the full game, but I fought a skeleton king and barely lifted an eyebrow - the Diablo series used to do better...

EDIT: Also to the guy above me: Did you manage to die even once during any playthroughs? I never experienced dipping below half health, nor needing a healthpotion. If anything normal in D3 seemed easier than normal in D2, but I feel it is too early to really judge how hard the game will actually be before trying out the harder modes.
recklessfire
Profile Joined September 2010
United States373 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-24 22:13:04
April 24 2012 22:10 GMT
#1342
@ghostcom

you remember the +light radius stat and how it would actually make a difference in how much you could actually see around you? I remember playing d2 and in the first act in the monastary it was dark as fuck because of the light radius mechanic, so you couldnt see if there were monsters a few yards in front of you.

After reading your post, i realize that mechanic is gone. Theres no "fog" so to speak so maybe that's why it feels too "light"?

edit: i want to mention that blizzard stated that the whole normal difficulty was going to be easy. The good stuff comes way after. They were mentioning in one of those blizzcon videos how they would just get one shotted by the first mob in hell/inferno. So i'm hoping it is as hard as they say.
zJayy962
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
1363 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-24 22:14:20
April 24 2012 22:11 GMT
#1343
On April 25 2012 07:01 Ghostcom wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 24 2012 17:50 Shockk wrote:
On April 24 2012 17:42 Ghostcom wrote:
Is it only me who found the game too "light"? I didn't have the same eerie feeling that I did with D1 and to a lesser extent D2. I know I've grown a deal since, and having played games like amnesia I guess it takes more to create that eerie feeling, but I can't help but feel that it is wrong to have neglected such an integral element of the series.


Nope. Highly atmospheric, much more so than the first act of D2. Art, music and sound are very well done. You also shouldn't compare a survival horror game to an action-RPG.


You might want to read what I wrote again - I didn't compare the two, I said that one might have made me less sensitive overall, meaning that it was perhaps just me who found it less eerie.

But seriously, I stopped playing back in D1 when I encountered the butcher the first time. D2 managed to create some of the horror at several points, but during the open beta I didn't at any point feel startled nor shared the dread that it must be to live in place like (new) Tristam. I know this was just a "taste" and isn't the full game, but I fought a skeleton king and barely lifted an eyebrow - the Diablo series used to do better...

EDIT: Also to the guy above me: Did you manage to die even once during any playthroughs? I never experienced dipping below half health, nor needing a healthpotion. If anything normal in D3 seemed easier than normal in D2, but I feel it is too early to really judge how hard the game will actually be before trying out the harder modes.


A lot of people agree with you. The game just doesn't feel as spooky as it did before but we've come to the conclusion that the games are quite similar in the 'spookiness level' but whats changed is us as an audience. We are no longer in middle school anymore or the same people we were 12 years ago when Diablo 2 came out.

TLDR: To people saying the game just doesn't have the same 'darkness' or spooky level of Diablo 3, I think a lot of people agree with you but I don't think the game has changed. We as an audience has matured and grown up.
BurningSera
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Ireland19621 Posts
April 24 2012 22:27 GMT
#1344
^ how do you reach such conclusion lol i mean it is pretty much a personal thing dont you think?

i havent tried because i heard the server keep crashing during the open beta weekend. i wonder can i still play the beta now?
is 2017, stop being lame, fuck's sakes. 'Can't wait for the rise of the cakes and humanity's last stand tbqh.'
zJayy962
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
1363 Posts
April 24 2012 22:35 GMT
#1345
On April 25 2012 07:27 BurningSera wrote:
^ how do you reach such conclusion lol i mean it is pretty much a personal thing dont you think?

i havent tried because i heard the server keep crashing during the open beta weekend. i wonder can i still play the beta now?


It is a personal thing I guess. Just a lot of people talking about that bit and how the game doesn't seem the same but TBH its mostly just a big age difference between when we played Diablo 2 vs now.

Heres the link if you want to read through the thread http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=330349
Prev 1 66 67 68
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PondCast
10:00
Episode 111
CranKy Ducklings34
CranKy Ducklings SOOP13
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech122
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 2724
Bisu 1107
Jaedong 697
Horang2 657
Hyuk 487
BeSt 471
actioN 277
Light 257
firebathero 238
Zeus 206
[ Show more ]
Stork 169
Leta 140
EffOrt 126
Sexy 107
Soma 98
Last 97
ZerO 84
Soulkey 84
Pusan 67
Rush 58
Killer 46
ggaemo 43
Mong 39
Mind 36
Aegong 33
Shinee 33
soO 30
hero 30
ToSsGirL 24
Bale 21
Terrorterran 19
sorry 17
PianO 16
Sharp 15
Mini 15
Yoon 12
NaDa 11
Free 10
HiyA 10
JulyZerg 9
Noble 7
Shine 3
ajuk12(nOOB) 3
Dota 2
Fuzer 100
League of Legends
Reynor50
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1467
shoxiejesuss758
x6flipin204
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King155
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1934
crisheroes451
Other Games
gofns34890
singsing1840
XBOCT307
DeMusliM196
Livibee109
ArmadaUGS93
QueenE47
B2W.Neo26
ZerO(Twitch)9
Liquid`LucifroN1
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream312
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH310
• LUISG 38
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2276
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 8m
Stellar Fest
2h 8m
OSC
13h 8m
Stellar Fest
1d 2h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 23h
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.