• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:38
CEST 15:38
KST 22:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9207 users

Open Beta Weekend - Page 64

Forum Index > Diablo 3
Post a Reply
Prev 1 62 63 64 65 66 68 Next
Hrrrrm
Profile Joined March 2010
United States2081 Posts
April 22 2012 22:24 GMT
#1261
Servers coming back in an hour according to blizzard. They wanted to give people a dinner break.
alot = a lot (TWO WORDS)
Necro)Phagist(
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada6667 Posts
April 22 2012 22:30 GMT
#1262
Thank you blizzard... for the open beta that has been down Almost every fucking time I want to login.....

Soo frustrating
"Are you talking to me? Because your authority is not recognized in fort kick ass!"" ||Park Jung Suk|| |MC|HerO|HyuN|
HaN-
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
France1920 Posts
April 22 2012 22:31 GMT
#1263
This game is so fucking good, want mooaarr!
Calendaraka Foxhan
monx
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada1400 Posts
April 22 2012 22:35 GMT
#1264
do not understand why they arent letting everybody play until May 1st
@ggmonx
nam nam
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden4672 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-22 22:40:17
April 22 2012 22:39 GMT
#1265
On April 23 2012 07:30 Necro)Phagist( wrote:
Thank you blizzard... for the open beta that has been down Almost every fucking time I want to login.....

Soo frustrating


On April 23 2012 07:35 monx wrote:
do not understand why they arent letting everybody play until May 1st


They are not doing a stress test to please the beta testers. If you want to try out the game, wait for the starter edition after release.
Necro)Phagist(
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada6667 Posts
April 22 2012 22:42 GMT
#1266
On April 23 2012 07:39 nam nam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 07:30 Necro)Phagist( wrote:
Thank you blizzard... for the open beta that has been down Almost every fucking time I want to login.....

Soo frustrating


Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 07:35 monx wrote:
do not understand why they arent letting everybody play until May 1st


They are not doing a stress test to please the beta testers. If you want to try out the game, wait for the starter edition after release.

I understand that this is just a stress test.... Doesn't mean I can't be frustrated when I hear "Open Beta Weekend" And get teased by being able to play only briefly throughout the entire weekend.

I'm not saying Blizzard has done anything wrong, merely venting my overall frustration.
"Are you talking to me? Because your authority is not recognized in fort kick ass!"" ||Park Jung Suk|| |MC|HerO|HyuN|
absalom86
Profile Joined April 2010
Iceland1770 Posts
April 22 2012 22:42 GMT
#1267
On April 23 2012 07:39 nam nam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 07:30 Necro)Phagist( wrote:
Thank you blizzard... for the open beta that has been down Almost every fucking time I want to login.....

Soo frustrating


Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 07:35 monx wrote:
do not understand why they arent letting everybody play until May 1st


They are not doing a stress test to please the beta testers. If you want to try out the game, wait for the starter edition after release.


This confuses me. This is not a demo of the game for you. This is a stress test for the servers, where they run the servers on absolute minimum to get them to fail. You are just helping Blizzard fine tune the server settings before release, with a chance to get to play some of the beta. People really seem to not be able to understand things like this.
Thief @ #teamliquid @ Quakenet
absalom86
Profile Joined April 2010
Iceland1770 Posts
April 22 2012 22:45 GMT
#1268
On April 23 2012 07:42 Necro)Phagist( wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 07:39 nam nam wrote:
On April 23 2012 07:30 Necro)Phagist( wrote:
Thank you blizzard... for the open beta that has been down Almost every fucking time I want to login.....

Soo frustrating


On April 23 2012 07:35 monx wrote:
do not understand why they arent letting everybody play until May 1st


They are not doing a stress test to please the beta testers. If you want to try out the game, wait for the starter edition after release.

I understand that this is just a stress test.... Doesn't mean I can't be frustrated when I hear "Open Beta Weekend" And get teased by being able to play only briefly throughout the entire weekend.

I'm not saying Blizzard has done anything wrong, merely venting my overall frustration.


Personally I've reached level 13 on every single class over the weekend even with downtime here and there.
Thief @ #teamliquid @ Quakenet
Necro)Phagist(
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada6667 Posts
April 22 2012 22:47 GMT
#1269
On April 23 2012 07:45 absalom86 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 07:42 Necro)Phagist( wrote:
On April 23 2012 07:39 nam nam wrote:
On April 23 2012 07:30 Necro)Phagist( wrote:
Thank you blizzard... for the open beta that has been down Almost every fucking time I want to login.....

Soo frustrating


On April 23 2012 07:35 monx wrote:
do not understand why they arent letting everybody play until May 1st


They are not doing a stress test to please the beta testers. If you want to try out the game, wait for the starter edition after release.

I understand that this is just a stress test.... Doesn't mean I can't be frustrated when I hear "Open Beta Weekend" And get teased by being able to play only briefly throughout the entire weekend.

I'm not saying Blizzard has done anything wrong, merely venting my overall frustration.


Personally I've reached level 13 on every single class over the weekend even with downtime here and there.

Well that's very nice for you.... I've gotten maybe 4 hours tops of playtime so far this weekend. Again, not blaming Blizzard just frustrated.
"Are you talking to me? Because your authority is not recognized in fort kick ass!"" ||Park Jung Suk|| |MC|HerO|HyuN|
zJayy962
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
1363 Posts
April 22 2012 22:50 GMT
#1270
On April 23 2012 07:12 CROrens wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 03:50 zJayy962 wrote:
On April 23 2012 03:33 Dotq wrote:
On April 23 2012 03:10 RinconH wrote:
Game is fun and I'll still buy it but, have to say, I am somewhat disappointed in how good it is after such a long development time.

I can honestly say that Torchlight 2 was more fun to play.

Of course Diablo 3 will have the huge community fan base + awesome online stuff which puts its over the top... but I expected more.


Im sorry the first 2% of the game was not what u expected. Yes that is how small the portion of the game you have seen.


Definitely less than 2%.


ugh no, its more like 10%
higher difficulties bring same quests just stronger monsters


but i dunno why people cry about the game, its all i expected it to be. had tons of fun doing 4 man naked hardcore runs since the beta is so fricken easy


You can clear the beta in an hour. If you think anybody remotely into the game will spend 10 hours on this game you are crazy. Normal itself to me is probably about 10% of the game. The beta was absolutely nothing compared to the amount of time and content that the game will have. I will spend hours working on gemming rare items or leveling up my smithing skills.

If you honestly think that the beta was 10% of the game, Diablo 3 is probably not the game for you. If you think you can judge the game based on the content that they allowed you to taste for beta, the game is probably not for you. If anyone thinks that character customization and the level of difficulty will stop you from buying this game based on what you played during beta weekend, I strongly believe that the game is not for you.
Saryph
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1955 Posts
April 22 2012 22:56 GMT
#1271
Blizzard said the beta was about a third of the first act. So think, Blood Raven from Diablo 2 (quest 2 out of 6 in act one)
wo0py
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
Netherlands922 Posts
April 22 2012 23:00 GMT
#1272
So to be sure, for the people that didnt get the closed beta, the servers stay closed after this weekend?
We shouldnt recreate anger of the non-virtual world
killa_robot
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada1884 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-22 23:07:55
April 22 2012 23:03 GMT
#1273
On April 22 2012 17:14 Caphe wrote:
I am using Win 7 Ultimate 64bit and the beta installed in about an hour and run smoothly once I manage to log on the server.
Did you guys run the setup file using administrator?


Just finished the first run with a Barb, quite satisfy to say the least, they kept many aspect similar to D2, but as someone mentioned, the skill page takes to much space so its very annoying if you want to change skill in middle of a fight.


*Sigh*

I uninstalled it and re-installed with "Run as Admin" checked. And it fucken worked.

The fuck is the point of asking if I want to run something in admin mode if you're not even going to run it in admin mode when I say yes? Fucken windows.

Figures I'd get about 10 minutes of playtime before they decide to shutdown the server for an hour and a half too.

But yea, I heard other people with windows 7 x64 having issues, who connected it to that process. I had the same issue, so I figured they were right. Guess it was just windows being a bitch.

Should add that in my brief playtime I really disliked the way leveling up works. Seems like we get no freedom to choose how to build our character. Skills auto-choosen, attributes auto-choosen, skills given predetermined slots to be used in, runes are unlocked at set levels and seem to be later runes = better runes, so there will be no variety there. Combat is at least fun though.
aseq
Profile Joined January 2003
Netherlands4019 Posts
April 22 2012 23:14 GMT
#1274
Yup, there has been no talk of another test, afaik. It's only a couple of weeks until release though, so it's fine.
trifecta
Profile Joined April 2010
United States6795 Posts
April 22 2012 23:34 GMT
#1275
had a lot of fun with the beta (about 5-6 hours so far). Co-op games are awesome and are a lot more streamlined in terms of quests/banners/etc. Already found a handful of rares/kind of sad to lose them so soon.
Inex
Profile Joined October 2010
Bulgaria443 Posts
April 22 2012 23:43 GMT
#1276
I see people complain about everything. When D2 beta came out, it was a huge disappointment. Eventually battle.net made it the classic that it is today, but before that the game was regarded as a step backwards from it predecessor. Same with Warcraft3, everyone was screaming that it's a dumbed down starcraft with 3d graphics. Same thing for SC2 and now the whiners are back for Diablo 3. The game is going to be great no doubt about it, Blizzard has proven too many times that they really care about their products and Diablo 3 will be no different. I will have a great time when it comes out on the 15th, those who don't like it have plenty of choice, but please stop trolling and talking non-sense.
aseq
Profile Joined January 2003
Netherlands4019 Posts
April 23 2012 00:35 GMT
#1277
Just spent another 35 mins continuously trying to log in (while reading a book). No luck. I'm done with this Open Login Weekend.
zJayy962
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
1363 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-23 00:39:33
April 23 2012 00:38 GMT
#1278
On April 23 2012 08:03 killa_robot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2012 17:14 Caphe wrote:
I am using Win 7 Ultimate 64bit and the beta installed in about an hour and run smoothly once I manage to log on the server.
Did you guys run the setup file using administrator?


Just finished the first run with a Barb, quite satisfy to say the least, they kept many aspect similar to D2, but as someone mentioned, the skill page takes to much space so its very annoying if you want to change skill in middle of a fight.


*Sigh*

I uninstalled it and re-installed with "Run as Admin" checked. And it fucken worked.

The fuck is the point of asking if I want to run something in admin mode if you're not even going to run it in admin mode when I say yes? Fucken windows.

Figures I'd get about 10 minutes of playtime before they decide to shutdown the server for an hour and a half too.

But yea, I heard other people with windows 7 x64 having issues, who connected it to that process. I had the same issue, so I figured they were right. Guess it was just windows being a bitch.

Should add that in my brief playtime I really disliked the way leveling up works. Seems like we get no freedom to choose how to build our character. Skills auto-choosen, attributes auto-choosen, skills given predetermined slots to be used in, runes are unlocked at set levels and seem to be later runes = better runes, so there will be no variety there. Combat is at least fun though.


Jut for clarification: Skills given in predetermined slots can be turned off. Also runes that unlock later on are not necessarily better. Since they all scale usually by percent, the idea is that all skills/runes will be viable all throughout the game


On April 23 2012 09:35 aseq wrote:
Just spent another 35 mins continuously trying to log in (while reading a book). No luck. I'm done with this Open Login Weekend.


They've already announced that the game will be shut down for an hour. If you just pay attention to forums, you won't have any problems logging in and out. I probably played more hours this weekend then during the closed beta that I've had it.
OceanLab
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
France505 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-23 00:49:25
April 23 2012 00:47 GMT
#1279
Does anyone know how to play hradcore mode? When I play my level 13 demon hunter, the only option is normal difficulty....

nvm, found it
Liquid through and through
SnipedSoul
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada2158 Posts
April 23 2012 00:49 GMT
#1280
On April 23 2012 09:47 OceanLab wrote:
Does anyone know how to play hradcore mode? When I play my level 13 demon hunter, the only option is normal difficulty....


Need to make a new character, on the left side there will be a hardcore mode option.
Prev 1 62 63 64 65 66 68 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 1032
WardiTV708
OGKoka 289
Rex158
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 289
Rex 158
ProTech135
Codebar 3
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 3028
Shuttle 1665
Horang2 1385
Jaedong 813
BeSt 772
EffOrt 651
Light 312
firebathero 287
Rush 271
Stork 254
[ Show more ]
ZerO 251
ggaemo 188
Mini 176
Zeus 94
Barracks 85
Shine 75
Killer 66
Sea.KH 54
Hyun 51
Yoon 39
ToSsGirL 33
Shinee 30
Sexy 26
Bale 25
sorry 24
Mong 24
Aegong 18
soO 17
PianO 17
ajuk12(nOOB) 15
Terrorterran 14
Sacsri 11
HiyA 11
zelot 9
Noble 9
yabsab 7
Icarus 7
Dota 2
qojqva3059
Dendi2153
BananaSlamJamma296
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
x6flipin424
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes408
Other Games
singsing2255
olofmeister1712
B2W.Neo837
hiko825
Lowko349
Sick241
Pyrionflax196
Liquid`VortiX159
ArmadaUGS90
Mew2King37
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream495
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 12
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH295
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2197
• Nemesis986
Other Games
• WagamamaTV264
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
2h 22m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 22m
Afreeca Starleague
20h 22m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 10h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 21h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.