• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:40
CEST 03:40
KST 10:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9259 users

D3 Bnet is going the same way as SC2 - Page 5

Forum Index > Diablo 3
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16 17 Next All
Xalorian
Profile Joined September 2011
Canada433 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-07 14:48:58
February 07 2012 14:48 GMT
#81
So... a real cash AH and no chat channel to actually trade outside of it?

Brilliant Blizzard, brilliant...

Kurr
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada2338 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-07 15:38:09
February 07 2012 15:37 GMT
#82
Yes, Diablo 3 is going to end up being mediocre. Such seems to be the way of Blizzard these days. And it's not like they don't put effort into their games, they are just really stubborn about inputting basic things for some god awful reason.

Diablo 3 will also suffer from the fact that they are consistently removing features or promising features and never putting them in (such as the hardcore hall of the dead which is now "wishlist" aka never going to happen).

I seriously don't understand Blizzard. They already have the model for success... they fucking made it. Adding those features from the past and a few new features would take them a couple of weeks at most... but NOPE, need fucking facebook integration.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ | ┻━┻ ︵╰(°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Randomaccount#77123
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States5003 Posts
February 07 2012 16:07 GMT
#83
--- Nuked ---
scDeluX
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Canada1341 Posts
February 07 2012 16:38 GMT
#84
Again we will feel alone together with millions
Brood War is forever
ThaZenith
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada3116 Posts
February 07 2012 16:48 GMT
#85
And yet again Blizzard is broadcasting their stupidity to the world.

They're lucky that people are so invested in them/their games in the present, but they're losing a lot of future loyalty by purposely fucking over their player base.
Kurr
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada2338 Posts
February 07 2012 16:51 GMT
#86
On February 08 2012 01:48 ThaZenith wrote:
And yet again Blizzard is broadcasting their stupidity to the world.

They're lucky that people are so invested in them/their games in the present, but they're losing a lot of future loyalty by purposely fucking over their player base.


Completely agreed. I'm not sold on SC2 expansions yet and I'm not sold on any future games after D3 (including the expansion they will obviously sell us for the same price as the game).

In the future, my purchases of Blizzard games will be judged like other games so I will be harsher. I might buy a WC4 since I like WC3 a lot more than SC but it will highly depend on if they change their approach towards their games.

I'm going to buy Diablo 3 because I've been waiting a long time for it but even then that's a bit generous of me. I'll probably end up playing GW2 in the long term.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ | ┻━┻ ︵╰(°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Charger
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2405 Posts
February 07 2012 17:08 GMT
#87
Not sure why anyone would be surprised about this, we all knew it was being built into the existing shitty bnet 0.2.

But lets look on the bright side, Blizzard has a lot of things on their wishlist :/
It's easy to be a Monday morning quarterback.
kuresuti
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1393 Posts
February 07 2012 17:14 GMT
#88
On February 08 2012 01:51 Kurr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 08 2012 01:48 ThaZenith wrote:
And yet again Blizzard is broadcasting their stupidity to the world.

They're lucky that people are so invested in them/their games in the present, but they're losing a lot of future loyalty by purposely fucking over their player base.


Completely agreed. I'm not sold on SC2 expansions yet and I'm not sold on any future games after D3 (including the expansion they will obviously sell us for the same price as the game).

In the future, my purchases of Blizzard games will be judged like other games so I will be harsher. I might buy a WC4 since I like WC3 a lot more than SC but it will highly depend on if they change their approach towards their games.

I'm going to buy Diablo 3 because I've been waiting a long time for it but even then that's a bit generous of me. I'll probably end up playing GW2 in the long term.


Seriously, how can you even think like this. You are experiencing a temporary rage because blizzard are idiots, but you haven't even tried the final product, maybe not even the very small beta!

You are not sold on the D3 expansion? What parts of it do you not like? Please list specifics.
AimlessAmoeba
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada704 Posts
February 07 2012 17:44 GMT
#89
On February 07 2012 06:05 KenNage wrote:
i bought sc2 and regreted it, seems like this one will go to the same path so im not making the same mistake again (:


Says the person with over 500 posts on an sc2-related forum.
papaz
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden4149 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-07 17:47:56
February 07 2012 17:45 GMT
#90
On February 08 2012 02:14 kuresuti wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 08 2012 01:51 Kurr wrote:
On February 08 2012 01:48 ThaZenith wrote:
And yet again Blizzard is broadcasting their stupidity to the world.

They're lucky that people are so invested in them/their games in the present, but they're losing a lot of future loyalty by purposely fucking over their player base.


Completely agreed. I'm not sold on SC2 expansions yet and I'm not sold on any future games after D3 (including the expansion they will obviously sell us for the same price as the game).

In the future, my purchases of Blizzard games will be judged like other games so I will be harsher. I might buy a WC4 since I like WC3 a lot more than SC but it will highly depend on if they change their approach towards their games.

I'm going to buy Diablo 3 because I've been waiting a long time for it but even then that's a bit generous of me. I'll probably end up playing GW2 in the long term.


Seriously, how can you even think like this. You are experiencing a temporary rage because blizzard are idiots, but you haven't even tried the final product, maybe not even the very small beta!

You are not sold on the D3 expansion? What parts of it do you not like? Please list specifics.


SC2 is losing more and more players. I don't know why that is but I can only speak for myself when I say that I stopped logging in because of bnet without going through the complete list of things I don't like with it.

I expected SC2 to be like WoW, that is the population increasing over time not declining a year after release.

What made WoW was the social aspect of the game. I played so many years and thinking of what I actually did in the game it was like playing half the time and chatting the other half. The social aspects of the game were great. I got to knew a lot of people thanks to believe or not global chat/trade channels.

What will make players keep playing Diablo 3 and increasing its playerbase won't be a new set of weapons or new areas. It will be the social aspect of the game. If the game or environment will make you feel lonely like bnet with SC2 does I'm afraid D3 will not have an increasing playerbase over time. I'd say if the playerbase declines just after a year the game is quite fail.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
February 07 2012 17:49 GMT
#91
Well thats one more game i wont be buying.
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Kmonx
Profile Joined October 2011
United States102 Posts
February 07 2012 17:53 GMT
#92
Blizzard changing the chat system doesn't bother me that much since there are ways to communicate(forums, skype, etc.) with people.
"Megapigs can fly, with Void Rays in the sky." - Day[9]
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
February 07 2012 18:01 GMT
#93
On February 08 2012 02:53 Kmonx wrote:
Blizzard changing the chat system doesn't bother me that much since there are ways to communicate(forums, skype, etc.) with people.

Why have a friends list when you can just use facebook?
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
L3gendary
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada1470 Posts
February 07 2012 18:07 GMT
#94
Well this seems pretty relevant for the sc2 folks also. I guess we shouldn't expect any improvements in HotS.
Watching Jaedong play purifies my eyes. -Coach Ju Hoon
kuresuti
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1393 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-07 18:12:05
February 07 2012 18:10 GMT
#95
On February 08 2012 02:45 papaz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 08 2012 02:14 kuresuti wrote:
On February 08 2012 01:51 Kurr wrote:
On February 08 2012 01:48 ThaZenith wrote:
And yet again Blizzard is broadcasting their stupidity to the world.

They're lucky that people are so invested in them/their games in the present, but they're losing a lot of future loyalty by purposely fucking over their player base.


Completely agreed. I'm not sold on SC2 expansions yet and I'm not sold on any future games after D3 (including the expansion they will obviously sell us for the same price as the game).

In the future, my purchases of Blizzard games will be judged like other games so I will be harsher. I might buy a WC4 since I like WC3 a lot more than SC but it will highly depend on if they change their approach towards their games.

I'm going to buy Diablo 3 because I've been waiting a long time for it but even then that's a bit generous of me. I'll probably end up playing GW2 in the long term.


Seriously, how can you even think like this. You are experiencing a temporary rage because blizzard are idiots, but you haven't even tried the final product, maybe not even the very small beta!

You are not sold on the D3 expansion? What parts of it do you not like? Please list specifics.


SC2 is losing more and more players. I don't know why that is but I can only speak for myself when I say that I stopped logging in because of bnet without going through the complete list of things I don't like with it.

I expected SC2 to be like WoW, that is the population increasing over time not declining a year after release.

What made WoW was the social aspect of the game. I played so many years and thinking of what I actually did in the game it was like playing half the time and chatting the other half. The social aspects of the game were great. I got to knew a lot of people thanks to believe or not global chat/trade channels.

What will make players keep playing Diablo 3 and increasing its playerbase won't be a new set of weapons or new areas. It will be the social aspect of the game. If the game or environment will make you feel lonely like bnet with SC2 does I'm afraid D3 will not have an increasing playerbase over time. I'd say if the playerbase declines just after a year the game is quite fail.


I think you are overestimating the importance of chat channels, they are important but they are not integral. Many single player games do fine without any social aspect at all. The single player portion of D3 will most likely do just as well. How do you define success anyway? SC2 is a success of giant proportions, but it is losing players, is it a failed game after all?

You do have a valid point in that the social aspect is important in a game focused on multiplayer, but I think the majority of players will either play alone or with previous friends. I might be wrong about this but didn't most people use d2jsp or similar sites to do their socializing in D2?

Also comparing SC2 to D3 is difficult, since D3 can be played without competing. SC2 is a very competitive game and if you are not willing to compete, there isn't much content for you to enjoy. Casual bronze league games might be what they are, but they are still competitions. In D3 there will be a lot of content for the solo and/or non-competitive player to explore.

+ Show Spoiler +
Don't get me wrong, I want chat channels because they are convenient. It won't ruin the game if they aren't there though in my opinion.


EDIT: Missing word :O
TheRealPaciFist
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1049 Posts
February 07 2012 18:13 GMT
#96
Is there a petition around to sign if you aren't willing to buy the game without offline play?
Second favorite strategy game of all time: Starcraft. First: Go (aka Wei Qi, Paduk, or Igo)
IseeFish
Profile Joined June 2010
United States45 Posts
February 07 2012 18:27 GMT
#97
On February 07 2012 05:59 andrewlt wrote:
You have to understand, you guys are the minority. The research pretty much confirms what Blizzard is doing. Basically, the biggest demographic of multiplayer videogames, 14-25 year old males, is a complete turn off to every other demographic. It's a negative experience for everyone else. Almost every other year, I read a major study showing how the biggest stumbling block to the expansion of hardcore multiplayer games is its current player base.

WoW's player base is generally older than most games in the market nowadays, especially FPS and action games. And I still have most general chat channels turned off on most of my characters. SC2's community is even worse, just judging from in game chat.

I can definitely see more negatives than positives in allowing public chat channels. It's pretty odd that they don't have guild support, though, as many of my current and former WoW guildmates are likely to pick up this game.


That's interesting if it's true. Where do you find those studies?
graan
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany589 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-07 18:51:39
February 07 2012 18:35 GMT
#98
i wont miss public channels.. wasnt that scamming/spamming only in diablo2 ?! i played up to 2005 and i cant think of anyone i met from public channels. guild support is a must though, but im confident they will bring this in in the future.
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
February 07 2012 18:57 GMT
#99
On February 08 2012 02:44 AimlessAmoeba wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 07 2012 06:05 KenNage wrote:
i bought sc2 and regreted it, seems like this one will go to the same path so im not making the same mistake again (:


Says the person with over 500 posts on an sc2-related forum.


This forum predates sc2.

I agree with him completely, the new bnet made me not enjoy sc2 at all, won't be buying any blizzard games that use bnet 0.2.
k0pf
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany180 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-07 18:58:13
February 07 2012 18:57 GMT
#100
like they brought the clan support for sc2 ?! its just so dumb .. i rly cant get it .. i mean why blizz .. why ..

I always feel like blizz thinks the worst thing possible is a feature that noone uses ... but they're kinda wrong with that :-/
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft483
CranKy Ducklings54
EnkiAlexander 10
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft483
CosmosSc2 60
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2237
Artosis 607
Dota 2
monkeys_forever674
Counter-Strike
taco 282
Coldzera 47
minikerr14
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox445
Other Games
summit1g8394
JimRising 640
C9.Mang0356
Day[9].tv345
Maynarde154
ViBE146
Livibee62
ArmadaUGS51
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1064
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream115
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv345
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
9h 20m
Stellar Fest
11h 20m
The PondCast
1d 8h
OSC
1d 11h
Stellar Fest
1d 11h
OSC
1d 22h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.