• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:50
CEST 19:50
KST 02:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10081 users

D3 Bnet is going the same way as SC2 - Page 2

Forum Index > Diablo 3
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 15 16 17 Next All
Nitrogen
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States5345 Posts
February 06 2012 23:31 GMT
#21
originally planned to play the fuck out of d3. now i'm not gonna buy it.
UNFUCK YOURSELF
StorrZerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States13922 Posts
February 07 2012 00:24 GMT
#22
On February 07 2012 08:31 Nitrogen wrote:
originally planned to play the fuck out of d3. now i'm not gonna buy it.


Starting to sale down on this boat myself


just getting tired of all the crap thats going on. well lack of crap...
Hwaseung Oz fan for life. Swing out, always swing out.
setzer
Profile Joined March 2010
United States3284 Posts
February 07 2012 00:34 GMT
#23
Why the fuck does Blizzard continue to think people actually like playing within a totally empty vacuum of space? They've been saying they would make upgrades to the failed turd that is Bnet 2.0 since launch of SC2 and not much has been done. I had real expectations some improvements would be made with the release of D3 but I see Blizzard once again does what they have done best since the release of WoW: disappoint.
askTeivospy
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
1525 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-07 00:52:31
February 07 2012 00:51 GMT
#24
personally i play videogames to play the game, not to talk to people since I do that plenty when i go outside. From my experience, a lot of the people on the internet are people I wouldn't want to be friends with

The no chat for trade is kinda lame tho, but i guess thats what auction house is for
hihihi
Nilrem
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States3684 Posts
February 07 2012 00:52 GMT
#25
I will still be purchasing the game, but I am also starting to feel like the game is only going to be greater a year or two after release. I understand that the game itself has issues and it has delayed the game. That I do not mind; but b.net is a seperate issue. B.net is meant to be a core mechanic for the future Blizzard games.

Yes, it does need the assistance of the actual Diablo III development team to implement it. But I think this whole notion of, "looking to add something in the future" is getting a bit old. We were told about channels and chat before Sc2 release. How long did it take for even that to be implemented? Now, I thought that since it was in Sc2, we would have at least gotten to that point and progressed a little bit. It just does not seem like that is the case anymore.
Meepo Haters gonna Hate. https://twitter.com/KazeNilrem (@KazeNilrem)
Mataza
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Germany5364 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-07 00:54:11
February 07 2012 00:53 GMT
#26
On February 07 2012 05:59 andrewlt wrote:
You have to understand, you guys are the minority. The research pretty much confirms what Blizzard is doing. Basically, the biggest demographic of multiplayer videogames, 14-25 year old males, is a complete turn off to every other demographic. It's a negative experience for everyone else. Almost every other year, I read a major study showing how the biggest stumbling block to the expansion of hardcore multiplayer games is its current player base.

WoW's player base is generally older than most games in the market nowadays, especially FPS and action games. And I still have most general chat channels turned off on most of my characters. SC2's community is even worse, just judging from in game chat.

I can definitely see more negatives than positives in allowing public chat channels. It's pretty odd that they don't have guild support, though, as many of my current and former WoW guildmates are likely to pick up this game.


If they don´t want the 14-25 year old males to turn away other demographics, they should consider thatin any event those 14-25 year old males will alwys be 60%-80% of the people who buy and play this game for months.
If you remove that pesky and annoying demographic, then there is next to nothing left.

I see no way that people older than 35 and women of all ages will ever stay long enough on a game like this. If they want to target another demographic, maybe they should make other games.
If nobody hates you, you´re doing something wrong. However someone hating you doesn´t make you right
Assault_1
Profile Joined April 2009
Canada1950 Posts
February 07 2012 00:58 GMT
#27
I don't understand blizzard's issue with b.net 1, they basically say "it simply doesnt work" yet it was perfect for sc and d2.
they think no communication is best? and fuckin b.net 2, look how convoluted its UI is.. 80% of the stuff you never touch.

there's some improvements, like matchmaking and auction house I guess.. with millions of people you cant just have a big list of public games like d2 had, u'd have to sort them. Auction house would've been perfect with just gold, but with real money its a big nuisance (everytime you find something good, you think "should I keep it or make money?").

kikimama
Profile Joined April 2010
Korea (South)297 Posts
February 07 2012 01:08 GMT
#28
I'm not buying D3. They have already proven that the "new" BNet is utter garbage. There is no reason not to implement chat channels. The people who actually use it purposely should override what spam it causes.
Nilrem
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States3684 Posts
February 07 2012 01:09 GMT
#29
On February 07 2012 09:58 Assault_1 wrote:
I don't understand blizzard's issue with b.net 1, they basically say "it simply doesnt work" yet it was perfect for sc and d2.
they think no communication is best? and fuckin b.net 2, look how convoluted its UI is.. 80% of the stuff you never touch.

there's some improvements, like matchmaking and auction house I guess.. with millions of people you cant just have a big list of public games like d2 had, u'd have to sort them. Auction house would've been perfect with just gold, but with real money its a big nuisance (everytime you find something good, you think "should I keep it or make money?").



B.net 1.0 was quite outdated though. I do find it quite humerous that one of the rationalities for B.net 2.0 was to allow for more of a broader, social interaction theme to be added. But due to the rather deplorable and very delay progression to B.net, it is actually hindered any Social interaction beyond that of actually being in the game.

I am having slight difficulties remembering but, can anyone remind me how many changes have actually been done to B.net 2.0? I know it was released, and I remember channels being introduced. But I can't recall anything else or anything significant beyond that.
Meepo Haters gonna Hate. https://twitter.com/KazeNilrem (@KazeNilrem)
Assault_1
Profile Joined April 2009
Canada1950 Posts
February 07 2012 01:14 GMT
#30
I remember when sc2 first came out people organized meetings in iccup channels
If thats not an indication I don't know what is
Eogris
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States148 Posts
February 07 2012 01:15 GMT
#31
chat channels in WC3 were really important.. that was half the fun of the game.
THE NUKES GONNA LAND ON HIS ARMYYYYYYYYYYY
Nilrem
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States3684 Posts
February 07 2012 01:32 GMT
#32
I wonder if the next bit of news we are going to hear is that PvP is actually not in the game yet and will be implemented later along with Act 4.
Meepo Haters gonna Hate. https://twitter.com/KazeNilrem (@KazeNilrem)
OopsOopsBaby
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Singapore3425 Posts
February 07 2012 01:44 GMT
#33
tbh when they first announced d3, it was considered an auto buy for me. now with all the delays and with this news, i am thinking otherwise.
s3x2-2 xiao3x2+2 bone3+2+2
Serpico
Profile Joined May 2010
4285 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-07 02:01:23
February 07 2012 02:01 GMT
#34
Some of the stuff Blizzard is doing with Bnet 0.2 is almost saying "we DARE you to say you won't buy this, because we're almost sure you WILL no matter what features we take out."
scaban84
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1080 Posts
February 07 2012 02:01 GMT
#35
I don't believe for a half-second that people posting in a D3 forum are not going to buy the game. So lols...
"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design." — Friedrich von Hayek
Urbz
Profile Joined August 2011
Netherlands456 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-07 02:03:55
February 07 2012 02:03 GMT
#36
On February 07 2012 11:01 scaban84 wrote:
I don't believe for a half-second that people posting in a D3 forum are not going to buy the game. So lols...


Exactly, as said before; see you all at release. And if not, your loss. =)
If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything
stormchaser
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada1009 Posts
February 07 2012 02:03 GMT
#37
the beta's coop has been disappointing and the lack of bnet features is just terrible...I'm truly considering holding off on this. ^^
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
February 07 2012 02:04 GMT
#38
On February 07 2012 11:01 Serpico wrote:
Some of the stuff Blizzard is doing with Bnet 0.2 is almost saying "we DARE you to say you won't buy this, because we're almost sure you WILL no matter what features we take out."

They've dared me to not buy HOTS or Legacy of the void either, and I'm not buying Diablo 3 either. I stopped playing SC2 actually precisely because whenever I had it open I couldn't chat with anyone and I just got bored of only playing the game with no interaction.

They're going to need to make a really nice game to get any of my money again, at least I'll be saving like 100 euros
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
LAN-f34r
Profile Joined December 2010
New Zealand2099 Posts
February 07 2012 02:19 GMT
#39
Blizz games too expensive, they gotta have the content to make up for it. Welp, looks like I'm playing 50 indie games instead (or maybe just buying hats for techies :D).
The only barrier to truth is the presumption that you already have it. It's through our pane (pain) we window (win though).
dRaW
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada5744 Posts
February 07 2012 02:24 GMT
#40
On February 07 2012 04:39 Klesky wrote:
Sigh, I don't really understand this at all. I mean, 70% of the time I spent 'playing D2' I was sitting in channels talking about irrelevant shit. And I don't agree that it introduces more negatives, the only real negative was the spambots, but they won't exist due to the RMAH. So I'm a little confused as to why they want to do this.

Oh and this "release a game, patch in the rest of the contents later." that Blizzard is doing now is pretty annoying.



To be honest, I think that Blizzard is just content with making everything harder to get so they make more money. They should stop being greedy and put out a damn competent game and then with the patches / expansions MAKE IT EVEN BETTER. It's really frustrating when they continue to make the same mistakes and you read all the feedback comments ARE UNANIMOUS so do they not even read them? What the hell is going on @ Blizz HQ seriously...
I don't need luck, luck is for noobs, good luck to you though
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 15 16 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 10m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 353
UpATreeSC 72
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1272
actioN 468
BeSt 220
Dewaltoss 199
firebathero 94
Zeus 71
Trap 41
zelot 28
soO 26
Sexy 26
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 24
Bale 20
JYJ 20
Shine 20
NaDa 7
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc7436
qojqva2093
Dendi833
420jenkins155
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1019
Fnx 786
x6flipin349
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6280
crisheroes5663
Liquid`Hasu697
Other Games
Beastyqt667
B2W.Neo604
ceh9489
byalli368
ArmadaUGS167
KnowMe151
Khaldor137
C9.Mang0126
TKL 118
BRAT_OK 73
Trikslyr57
Railgan11
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV258
BasetradeTV204
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream133
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH321
• StrangeGG 49
• Reevou 6
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 45
• Azhi_Dahaki21
• blackmanpl 19
• FirePhoenix13
• ZZZeroYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV431
League of Legends
• Nemesis3947
• TFBlade893
Other Games
• Shiphtur331
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
6h 10m
Kung Fu Cup
17h 10m
Stellar Fest
19h 10m
The PondCast
1d 16h
OSC
1d 19h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.