• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:07
CEST 02:07
KST 09:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War375.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Rollback Netcode in Brood War Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7836 users

[WoW] Battle for Azeroth - Page 110

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 108 109 110 111 112 541 Next
BfA Community Links:
GP : https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/invite/KKMpKPSlgd?region=EU&faction=Horde
TLEUH : https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/invite/v9x5bAF3jD?region=EU&faction=Horde
TLEUA : https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/invite/ALwgJnC5Wo?region=EU&faction=Alliance
TLNAH : https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/invite/vPrmjJxiVnJ?region=US&faction=Horde
TLNAA : https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/invite/YeZj7P0SXLn?region=US&faction=Alliance
Bnet: Bnet - https://blizzard.com/invite/amvLM0EubJv

On November 03 2016 06:57 GTR wrote:
I've created a Google Form/Spreadsheet for people to help add eachother.

Hopefully this will makes things easier for us to find people for Mythic+ runs and what not as opposed to sifting through 150+ pages of discussion.

Form
Spreadsheet

If a moderator could add this as a moderator note at the top it'd be appreciated.
sjon03
Profile Joined July 2009
United States231 Posts
September 10 2016 01:00 GMT
#2181
On September 10 2016 09:49 deth2munkies wrote:
Oh hey, my resto druid is in that video :D



Yes, yours is a familiar name I remember from those days! I hope Legion is treating you well.
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
September 10 2016 09:54 GMT
#2182
arms is pretty lol atm
1.3mil mortal strikes all day
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
September 10 2016 09:58 GMT
#2183
What have they done to warlocks. Why did they change demo from mop. What the fuck
Dismay
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States1180 Posts
September 10 2016 10:15 GMT
#2184
They changed Demo because the iconic class thing there was Metamorphosis and understandably that went to Demon Hunters.

What they had no reason to do was drastically change Destro, though. Good heavens the soul shard implementation is awful compared to burning embers and mastery is really awful, too. They even removed the visual flair, presumably so Destro didn't infringe upon the new Fire Mage.

It's shit, but at least my Death Knight is usable... even if I'd rather be Frost than Unholy.
In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
September 10 2016 10:18 GMT
#2185
On September 10 2016 19:15 Dismay wrote:
They changed Demo because the iconic class thing there was Metamorphosis and understandably that went to Demon Hunters.

What they had no reason to do was drastically change Destro, though. Good heavens the soul shard implementation is awful compared to burning embers and mastery is really awful, too. They even removed the visual flair, presumably so Destro didn't infringe upon the new Fire Mage.

It's shit, but at least my Death Knight is usable... even if I'd rather be Frost than Unholy.

Well i think they wanted it so you couldnt chain a bunch of Chaos Bolts in a row to do a retarded amount of damage, what they came up with well.. yeah.

also destro mastery
lmfao
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
Godwrath
Profile Joined August 2012
Spain10167 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-10 12:05:12
September 10 2016 11:18 GMT
#2186
nvm, missread it
Mafe
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany5966 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-10 12:59:42
September 10 2016 12:56 GMT
#2187
havent played wow past first addon, now I wonder: Who is this guy on all of the legion ads? (the back-haired one with scars)
LaNague
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany9118 Posts
September 10 2016 13:05 GMT
#2188
just some alliance guy


http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Varian_Wrynn


farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
September 10 2016 13:22 GMT
#2189
On September 10 2016 09:26 sjon03 wrote:
I've been seeing some familiar names here from the TL MoP guild Pony Express, so I thought I'd try to quote a post I made in the now closed WoD thread.

Show nested quote +
On February 03 2014 00:21 farvacola wrote:
After around three weeks of concerted guild raiding, we downed Thok on normal :D Congrats to everyone who helped make it happen and get ready for wing 4 baby.

On February 03 2014 15:28 PST sjon03 wrote:
Video of the Thok kill that I recorded.



Haha, thanks for that. 'Twas quite a satisfying kill.
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
Warri
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany3208 Posts
September 10 2016 13:31 GMT
#2190
I hate how important haste is for shadow. I cant equip half the items i get although they are 5 or 10 ilvl higher but have no haste. I wish they'd bring back reforging.
Stratos_speAr
Profile Joined May 2009
United States6959 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-10 18:53:16
September 10 2016 18:50 GMT
#2191
On September 10 2016 18:58 bo1b wrote:
What have they done to warlocks. Why did they change demo from mop. What the fuck


Warlocks are fucking trash right now. Affliction is horrendous with absurd Soul Shard generation and DoT's that tickle, Demonology is a complete mess with a tedious rotation that isn't even remotely enjoyable and way too much ramp-up time, and Destro feels like a complete joke with obscenely bland rotations and way, way, way too much RNG. Not only this, but it's sad that Blizzard has focused so much on "class fantasy" this expansion when their vision for the Warlock's class fantasy has been so thoroughly criticized. Demonology feels weak and ridiculous when it can only summon two types of Demons, Affliction feels like there is no power to any of their DoT's, and Destro hits like a wet noodle.

I haven't heard a single positive thing about Warlocks since they made these changes, and I swiftly ditched my Warlock main, which I have never done throughout all the iterations of Warlock specs, because it feels that atrocious.
A sound mind in a sound body, is a short, but full description of a happy state in this World: he that has these two, has little more to wish for; and he that wants either of them, will be little the better for anything else.
heartlxp
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1258 Posts
September 10 2016 19:47 GMT
#2192
hmm how to get a frost relic outside of dungeons as mistweaver?
Gorsameth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands22658 Posts
September 10 2016 19:49 GMT
#2193
On September 11 2016 04:47 heartlxp wrote:
hmm how to get a frost relic outside of dungeons as mistweaver?

Get lucky on world quests or buy a crafted one (Inscription makes frost).
It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death
heartlxp
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1258 Posts
September 10 2016 20:25 GMT
#2194
darn was hoping for some normal quests, thanks i'll keep fingers crossed
Gorsameth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands22658 Posts
September 10 2016 20:30 GMT
#2195
On September 11 2016 05:25 heartlxp wrote:
darn was hoping for some normal quests, thanks i'll keep fingers crossed

There should be some quests that give relics (you got them during lvling) and if your in the correct spec some of them will give Frost relics.
Might be a bit of a problem to find them tho since wowheads database isnt exactly up to date on that.
It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death
merz
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
Sweden2760 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-10 20:36:40
September 10 2016 20:31 GMT
#2196
On September 10 2016 09:58 Duka08 wrote:
I fell behind in the thread this week due to vacation so I might have missed some good discussion and I apologize if it's already been beaten to death: I'm curious if anyone has any experience tanking on DHs yet and how it compares to any of the other classes? Mostly focused on 5man-style content and LFRs, nothing too serious, so I'm sure it's viable, but I'm interested to hear about how fun it is (or isn't) and how it does damage wise / is it an interesting tanking experience or not.

Trying to decide what alt to focus on next and DH seems appealing just for the novelty of it but it would really be nice if I could count on tanking as well, since I'd rather not end up with a bunch of dedicated DPS characters.


I opted for Vengance as soon as I hit 110 since I figured gearing up would be faster (fast HC ques, easier to get into Mythic pugs).

Whenever I've done raiding as a tank I've always been a DK so that's the only thing I have to compare with though. But I like tanking as a DH. Works kinda similar as DK, the difference is that you are a lot more squishy yet more mobile as Demon Hunter, given that you have like 4 active mitigation talents I guess that's kinda the point though.

It feels fast paced and you need to be aware of your rotation since most of your active mitigation talents are on short CDs and need to be kept up constantly, unless you want to give the healer a heart attack, and you are also quite the capable AoE-tank and you'll probably top the dps charts as soon as there's more than 2 mobs involved in the fights.

Pain management is kinda iffy at the start and before you get the hang of it, the damage you take will be kinda spikey. You have some "Oh fu.."-talents though that can make up for that in the beginning (Self-heals). The only thing I miss is a proper stun like the one havoc has. Yet it might've made the DH too powerful as a tank.

All in all, you dish out a shitton of damage and you need to mash a lot of buttons. I like.

EDIT:

Oh and World Q's are easy as pie. Most of the "kill x amount of t his"-stuff you can just easily pull the enitre god damn area and AoE it down So you don't really have to switch between havoc/vengance depending on if you are doing 5-man/LFRs or just World Qs.
Winners never quit, quitters never win.
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-10 20:41:58
September 10 2016 20:38 GMT
#2197
On September 11 2016 05:31 dignitas.merz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2016 09:58 Duka08 wrote:
I fell behind in the thread this week due to vacation so I might have missed some good discussion and I apologize if it's already been beaten to death: I'm curious if anyone has any experience tanking on DHs yet and how it compares to any of the other classes? Mostly focused on 5man-style content and LFRs, nothing too serious, so I'm sure it's viable, but I'm interested to hear about how fun it is (or isn't) and how it does damage wise / is it an interesting tanking experience or not.

Trying to decide what alt to focus on next and DH seems appealing just for the novelty of it but it would really be nice if I could count on tanking as well, since I'd rather not end up with a bunch of dedicated DPS characters.


I opted for Vengance as soon as I hit 110 since I figured gearing up would be faster (fast HC ques, easier to get into Mythic pugs).

Whenever I've done raiding as a tank I've always been a DK so that's the only thing I have to compare with though. But I like tanking as a DH. Works kinda similar as DK, the difference is that you are a lot more squishy yet more mobile as Demon Hunter, given that you have like 4 active mitigation talents I guess that's kinda the point though.

It feels fast paced and you need to be aware of your rotation since most of your active mitigation talents are on short CDs and need to be kept up constantly, unless you want to give the healer a heart attack, and you are also quite the capable AoE-tank and you'll probably top the dps charts as soon as there's more than 2 mobs involved in the fights.

Pain management is kinda iffy at the start and before you get the hang of it, the damage you take will be kinda spikey. You have some "Oh fu.."-talents though that can make up for that in the beginning (Self-heals). The only thing I miss is a proper stun like the one havoc has. Yet it might've made the DH too powerful as a tank.

All in all, you dish out a shitton of damage and you need to mash a lot of buttons. I like.

Enough damage to level Vengeance perhaps? I like the sound of it. I had a blast Timewalking on my paladin the last few months of WoD because of the ridiculous AoE damage output. Often top meters. If DH is similar that's a big part of the appeal. I will probably try it out. The only other tank that looks most appealing right now for well roundedness and dungeons/world content is DKs but mines 80something and I'm not in the mood. Plus DH is new. I'll probably check it out. Sounds fun. I like having a lot to do "rotation" wise.
merz
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
Sweden2760 Posts
September 10 2016 20:46 GMT
#2198
On September 11 2016 05:38 Duka08 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2016 05:31 dignitas.merz wrote:
On September 10 2016 09:58 Duka08 wrote:
I fell behind in the thread this week due to vacation so I might have missed some good discussion and I apologize if it's already been beaten to death: I'm curious if anyone has any experience tanking on DHs yet and how it compares to any of the other classes? Mostly focused on 5man-style content and LFRs, nothing too serious, so I'm sure it's viable, but I'm interested to hear about how fun it is (or isn't) and how it does damage wise / is it an interesting tanking experience or not.

Trying to decide what alt to focus on next and DH seems appealing just for the novelty of it but it would really be nice if I could count on tanking as well, since I'd rather not end up with a bunch of dedicated DPS characters.


I opted for Vengance as soon as I hit 110 since I figured gearing up would be faster (fast HC ques, easier to get into Mythic pugs).

Whenever I've done raiding as a tank I've always been a DK so that's the only thing I have to compare with though. But I like tanking as a DH. Works kinda similar as DK, the difference is that you are a lot more squishy yet more mobile as Demon Hunter, given that you have like 4 active mitigation talents I guess that's kinda the point though.

It feels fast paced and you need to be aware of your rotation since most of your active mitigation talents are on short CDs and need to be kept up constantly, unless you want to give the healer a heart attack, and you are also quite the capable AoE-tank and you'll probably top the dps charts as soon as there's more than 2 mobs involved in the fights.

Pain management is kinda iffy at the start and before you get the hang of it, the damage you take will be kinda spikey. You have some "Oh fu.."-talents though that can make up for that in the beginning (Self-heals). The only thing I miss is a proper stun like the one havoc has. Yet it might've made the DH too powerful as a tank.

All in all, you dish out a shitton of damage and you need to mash a lot of buttons. I like.

Enough damage to level Vengeance perhaps? I like the sound of it. I had a blast Timewalking on my paladin the last few months of WoD because of the ridiculous AoE damage output. Often top meters. If DH is similar that's a big part of the appeal. I will probably try it out. The only other tank that looks most appealing right now for well roundedness and dungeons/world content is DKs but mines 80something and I'm not in the mood. Plus DH is new. I'll probably check it out. Sounds fun. I like having a lot to do "rotation" wise.


Aye, I think you could probably level as Vengance without too much hassle to be honest. Havoc would still be a lot faster given the higher damage output and the amount of self healing + the mobility/speed that fel rush provides you with.
Winners never quit, quitters never win.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-10 20:47:38
September 10 2016 20:47 GMT
#2199
Oh and World Q's are easy as pie. Most of the "kill x amount of t his"-stuff you can just easily pull the enitre god damn area and AoE it down


Some world Q's are practically unsoloable for non-tanks (particularly a few in suramar city)
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Gorsameth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands22658 Posts
September 10 2016 20:48 GMT
#2200
On September 11 2016 05:38 Duka08 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2016 05:31 dignitas.merz wrote:
On September 10 2016 09:58 Duka08 wrote:
I fell behind in the thread this week due to vacation so I might have missed some good discussion and I apologize if it's already been beaten to death: I'm curious if anyone has any experience tanking on DHs yet and how it compares to any of the other classes? Mostly focused on 5man-style content and LFRs, nothing too serious, so I'm sure it's viable, but I'm interested to hear about how fun it is (or isn't) and how it does damage wise / is it an interesting tanking experience or not.

Trying to decide what alt to focus on next and DH seems appealing just for the novelty of it but it would really be nice if I could count on tanking as well, since I'd rather not end up with a bunch of dedicated DPS characters.


I opted for Vengance as soon as I hit 110 since I figured gearing up would be faster (fast HC ques, easier to get into Mythic pugs).

Whenever I've done raiding as a tank I've always been a DK so that's the only thing I have to compare with though. But I like tanking as a DH. Works kinda similar as DK, the difference is that you are a lot more squishy yet more mobile as Demon Hunter, given that you have like 4 active mitigation talents I guess that's kinda the point though.

It feels fast paced and you need to be aware of your rotation since most of your active mitigation talents are on short CDs and need to be kept up constantly, unless you want to give the healer a heart attack, and you are also quite the capable AoE-tank and you'll probably top the dps charts as soon as there's more than 2 mobs involved in the fights.

Pain management is kinda iffy at the start and before you get the hang of it, the damage you take will be kinda spikey. You have some "Oh fu.."-talents though that can make up for that in the beginning (Self-heals). The only thing I miss is a proper stun like the one havoc has. Yet it might've made the DH too powerful as a tank.

All in all, you dish out a shitton of damage and you need to mash a lot of buttons. I like.

Enough damage to level Vengeance perhaps? I like the sound of it. I had a blast Timewalking on my paladin the last few months of WoD because of the ridiculous AoE damage output. Often top meters. If DH is similar that's a big part of the appeal. I will probably try it out. The only other tank that looks most appealing right now for well roundedness and dungeons/world content is DKs but mines 80something and I'm not in the mood. Plus DH is new. I'll probably check it out. Sounds fun. I like having a lot to do "rotation" wise.

As far as I know it is very doable (and in many cases actually easier) to level as tank. Many specs got squishier in Legion and tank can still pull as many mobs as they can while aoeing them down.
It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death
Prev 1 108 109 110 111 112 541 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings75
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE139
ProTech121
SpeCial 105
StarCraft: Brood War
910 73
NaDa 22
Bale 7
Dota 2
monkeys_forever423
canceldota165
NeuroSwarm161
League of Legends
Doublelift4625
Other Games
summit1g6043
JimRising 431
C9.Mang0395
ToD61
PPMD29
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick698
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 107
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP66
• poizon28 32
• davetesta12
• Adnapsc2 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra957
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
9h 53m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
16h 53m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
18h 53m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 9h
Patches Events
1d 14h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.