• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:08
CEST 17:08
KST 00:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9434 users

[WCS] Global Finals 2014 Day 1 - Page 575

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 573 574 575 576 577 1091 Next
Video contest, cash prizes and unique forums icon, go!

Fan fiction contest has closed. The winner will be announced shortly.

Post on the future of this thread.
AWalker9
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
United Kingdom7229 Posts
October 20 2014 11:46 GMT
#11481
EU can into hype
soOjwa has returned to smite all that stand in his way
y0su
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Finland7871 Posts
October 20 2014 11:48 GMT
#11482
On October 20 2014 20:30 OtherWorld wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 20 2014 20:26 Sakat wrote:
On October 20 2014 20:23 LoneYoShi wrote:
On October 20 2014 20:17 Sakat wrote:
On October 20 2014 17:52 y0su wrote:
On October 20 2014 17:44 Sakat wrote:
On October 20 2014 17:43 LoneYoShi wrote:
On October 20 2014 17:32 Sakat wrote:
On October 20 2014 17:32 LoneYoShi wrote:
Do we have a date for more details about the next season of WCS ? I suppose Blizz's gonna tell us through the "What's next panel" at Blizzcon ?



I hope that's LOTV news to be honest


I sure hope so as well, but it could "only" be their plans for the oncoming season of WCS of which we still don't know anything not much about...



I fear Legacy could go the way of Starcraft ghost

And I think it won't be, because they have a separate panel for SC multiplayer

WHAT? I don't see any reason why they would cancel it (especially after just cancelling Titan). There were clear reasons for those (titan, ghost, wc adventures) to be cancelled but why would they cancel an expansion (especially when the story is still there for single player)?



Because they are acting as if it doesn't exist...

It hasn't been announced officially yet. So technically, it doesn't exist.
It was the same for HotS if my memory is correct, I wouldn't worry about a cancellation tbh.


well, I got SC2 with HotS, so I don't know how it was then...
But I know that Blizzard have a reputation for cancelling projects

They only cancelled 3 "big" games that already had an important development process iirc (Titan, Ghost and a Warcraft game based around Thrall). They are/were mostly known for making good games and taking a lot of time to make them better. I really wouldn't worry about a cancellation, keep in mind that it's 60$ and a lot of people that will buy mainly for the campaign

I don't know why you keep saying 60. They said (when they announced the 3 part story) that the Z and P expansions would be "priced as expansions" and HotS was 40 (or 45)... maybe the collector's edition?
Sakat
Profile Blog Joined October 2014
Croatia1599 Posts
October 20 2014 11:49 GMT
#11483
On October 20 2014 20:46 AWalker9 wrote:
EU can into hype



It's ok. The closer we are to Blizzcon the more Hype we produce!
NA is actually losing it's hype. They used to make 100 pages per day, and now they made about 100 in three days. By the time Blizzcon starts, we'll beat them in pages per day ratio, I'm sure!
My boy Ptak defeated two GSL champions!
Sakat
Profile Blog Joined October 2014
Croatia1599 Posts
October 20 2014 11:50 GMT
#11484
On October 20 2014 20:48 y0su wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 20 2014 20:30 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 20 2014 20:26 Sakat wrote:
On October 20 2014 20:23 LoneYoShi wrote:
On October 20 2014 20:17 Sakat wrote:
On October 20 2014 17:52 y0su wrote:
On October 20 2014 17:44 Sakat wrote:
On October 20 2014 17:43 LoneYoShi wrote:
On October 20 2014 17:32 Sakat wrote:
On October 20 2014 17:32 LoneYoShi wrote:
Do we have a date for more details about the next season of WCS ? I suppose Blizz's gonna tell us through the "What's next panel" at Blizzcon ?



I hope that's LOTV news to be honest


I sure hope so as well, but it could "only" be their plans for the oncoming season of WCS of which we still don't know anything not much about...



I fear Legacy could go the way of Starcraft ghost

And I think it won't be, because they have a separate panel for SC multiplayer

WHAT? I don't see any reason why they would cancel it (especially after just cancelling Titan). There were clear reasons for those (titan, ghost, wc adventures) to be cancelled but why would they cancel an expansion (especially when the story is still there for single player)?



Because they are acting as if it doesn't exist...

It hasn't been announced officially yet. So technically, it doesn't exist.
It was the same for HotS if my memory is correct, I wouldn't worry about a cancellation tbh.


well, I got SC2 with HotS, so I don't know how it was then...
But I know that Blizzard have a reputation for cancelling projects

They only cancelled 3 "big" games that already had an important development process iirc (Titan, Ghost and a Warcraft game based around Thrall). They are/were mostly known for making good games and taking a lot of time to make them better. I really wouldn't worry about a cancellation, keep in mind that it's 60$ and a lot of people that will buy mainly for the campaign

I don't know why you keep saying 60. They said (when they announced the 3 part story) that the Z and P expansions would be "priced as expansions" and HotS was 40 (or 45)... maybe the collector's edition?



It was 40. But given the facti that SC2 is now for the most part F2P, I wouldn't mind them making it a bit cheaper
My boy Ptak defeated two GSL champions!
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
October 20 2014 11:51 GMT
#11485
On October 20 2014 20:48 y0su wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 20 2014 20:30 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 20 2014 20:26 Sakat wrote:
On October 20 2014 20:23 LoneYoShi wrote:
On October 20 2014 20:17 Sakat wrote:
On October 20 2014 17:52 y0su wrote:
On October 20 2014 17:44 Sakat wrote:
On October 20 2014 17:43 LoneYoShi wrote:
On October 20 2014 17:32 Sakat wrote:
On October 20 2014 17:32 LoneYoShi wrote:
Do we have a date for more details about the next season of WCS ? I suppose Blizz's gonna tell us through the "What's next panel" at Blizzcon ?



I hope that's LOTV news to be honest


I sure hope so as well, but it could "only" be their plans for the oncoming season of WCS of which we still don't know anything not much about...



I fear Legacy could go the way of Starcraft ghost

And I think it won't be, because they have a separate panel for SC multiplayer

WHAT? I don't see any reason why they would cancel it (especially after just cancelling Titan). There were clear reasons for those (titan, ghost, wc adventures) to be cancelled but why would they cancel an expansion (especially when the story is still there for single player)?



Because they are acting as if it doesn't exist...

It hasn't been announced officially yet. So technically, it doesn't exist.
It was the same for HotS if my memory is correct, I wouldn't worry about a cancellation tbh.


well, I got SC2 with HotS, so I don't know how it was then...
But I know that Blizzard have a reputation for cancelling projects

They only cancelled 3 "big" games that already had an important development process iirc (Titan, Ghost and a Warcraft game based around Thrall). They are/were mostly known for making good games and taking a lot of time to make them better. I really wouldn't worry about a cancellation, keep in mind that it's 60$ and a lot of people that will buy mainly for the campaign

I don't know why you keep saying 60. They said (when they announced the 3 part story) that the Z and P expansions would be "priced as expansions" and HotS was 40 (or 45)... maybe the collector's edition?

HotS wasn't 60€? My memory may be failing me then. That doesn't change much to the argument though.
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
Sakat
Profile Blog Joined October 2014
Croatia1599 Posts
October 20 2014 11:53 GMT
#11486
On October 20 2014 20:51 OtherWorld wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 20 2014 20:48 y0su wrote:
On October 20 2014 20:30 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 20 2014 20:26 Sakat wrote:
On October 20 2014 20:23 LoneYoShi wrote:
On October 20 2014 20:17 Sakat wrote:
On October 20 2014 17:52 y0su wrote:
On October 20 2014 17:44 Sakat wrote:
On October 20 2014 17:43 LoneYoShi wrote:
On October 20 2014 17:32 Sakat wrote:
[quote]


I hope that's LOTV news to be honest


I sure hope so as well, but it could "only" be their plans for the oncoming season of WCS of which we still don't know anything not much about...



I fear Legacy could go the way of Starcraft ghost

And I think it won't be, because they have a separate panel for SC multiplayer

WHAT? I don't see any reason why they would cancel it (especially after just cancelling Titan). There were clear reasons for those (titan, ghost, wc adventures) to be cancelled but why would they cancel an expansion (especially when the story is still there for single player)?



Because they are acting as if it doesn't exist...

It hasn't been announced officially yet. So technically, it doesn't exist.
It was the same for HotS if my memory is correct, I wouldn't worry about a cancellation tbh.


well, I got SC2 with HotS, so I don't know how it was then...
But I know that Blizzard have a reputation for cancelling projects

They only cancelled 3 "big" games that already had an important development process iirc (Titan, Ghost and a Warcraft game based around Thrall). They are/were mostly known for making good games and taking a lot of time to make them better. I really wouldn't worry about a cancellation, keep in mind that it's 60$ and a lot of people that will buy mainly for the campaign

I don't know why you keep saying 60. They said (when they announced the 3 part story) that the Z and P expansions would be "priced as expansions" and HotS was 40 (or 45)... maybe the collector's edition?

HotS wasn't 60€? My memory may be failing me then. That doesn't change much to the argument though.


It was 45, just checked it.
My boy Ptak defeated two GSL champions!
H8
Profile Joined October 2013
Czech Republic563 Posts
October 20 2014 11:53 GMT
#11487
On October 20 2014 20:51 OtherWorld wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 20 2014 20:48 y0su wrote:
On October 20 2014 20:30 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 20 2014 20:26 Sakat wrote:
On October 20 2014 20:23 LoneYoShi wrote:
On October 20 2014 20:17 Sakat wrote:
On October 20 2014 17:52 y0su wrote:
On October 20 2014 17:44 Sakat wrote:
On October 20 2014 17:43 LoneYoShi wrote:
On October 20 2014 17:32 Sakat wrote:
[quote]


I hope that's LOTV news to be honest


I sure hope so as well, but it could "only" be their plans for the oncoming season of WCS of which we still don't know anything not much about...



I fear Legacy could go the way of Starcraft ghost

And I think it won't be, because they have a separate panel for SC multiplayer

WHAT? I don't see any reason why they would cancel it (especially after just cancelling Titan). There were clear reasons for those (titan, ghost, wc adventures) to be cancelled but why would they cancel an expansion (especially when the story is still there for single player)?



Because they are acting as if it doesn't exist...

It hasn't been announced officially yet. So technically, it doesn't exist.
It was the same for HotS if my memory is correct, I wouldn't worry about a cancellation tbh.


well, I got SC2 with HotS, so I don't know how it was then...
But I know that Blizzard have a reputation for cancelling projects

They only cancelled 3 "big" games that already had an important development process iirc (Titan, Ghost and a Warcraft game based around Thrall). They are/were mostly known for making good games and taking a lot of time to make them better. I really wouldn't worry about a cancellation, keep in mind that it's 60$ and a lot of people that will buy mainly for the campaign

I don't know why you keep saying 60. They said (when they announced the 3 part story) that the Z and P expansions would be "priced as expansions" and HotS was 40 (or 45)... maybe the collector's edition?

HotS wasn't 60€? My memory may be failing me then. That doesn't change much to the argument though.


It was 40$ for standard game, 60$ for digital deluxe version and 80$ for collector's edition.
The Three Musketeers of EU Passion! TheBloodyDwarf, H8 and Sakat
Sakat
Profile Blog Joined October 2014
Croatia1599 Posts
October 20 2014 11:56 GMT
#11488
Anyone watching the 32boys 1cup tournament? It's Jaedong vs Parting in 5 minutes
My boy Ptak defeated two GSL champions!
iHirO
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United Kingdom1381 Posts
October 20 2014 11:57 GMT
#11489
Hey Die4Ever, can you calculate the percentage of passion posts from NA vs the rest of the world?
GraphicsThis is for all you new people: I only have one rule. Everyone fights. No one quits. You don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself. You get me?
Sakat
Profile Blog Joined October 2014
Croatia1599 Posts
October 20 2014 11:59 GMT
#11490
On October 20 2014 20:57 iHirO wrote:
Hey Die4Ever, can you calculate the percentage of passion posts from NA vs the rest of the world?


Hey, That would be a fun idea... Looks like too much work though
My boy Ptak defeated two GSL champions!
LoneYoShi
Profile Blog Joined June 2014
France1348 Posts
October 20 2014 11:59 GMT
#11491
On October 20 2014 20:50 Sakat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 20 2014 20:48 y0su wrote:
On October 20 2014 20:30 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 20 2014 20:26 Sakat wrote:
On October 20 2014 20:23 LoneYoShi wrote:
On October 20 2014 20:17 Sakat wrote:
On October 20 2014 17:52 y0su wrote:
On October 20 2014 17:44 Sakat wrote:
On October 20 2014 17:43 LoneYoShi wrote:
On October 20 2014 17:32 Sakat wrote:
[quote]


I hope that's LOTV news to be honest


I sure hope so as well, but it could "only" be their plans for the oncoming season of WCS of which we still don't know anything not much about...



I fear Legacy could go the way of Starcraft ghost

And I think it won't be, because they have a separate panel for SC multiplayer

WHAT? I don't see any reason why they would cancel it (especially after just cancelling Titan). There were clear reasons for those (titan, ghost, wc adventures) to be cancelled but why would they cancel an expansion (especially when the story is still there for single player)?



Because they are acting as if it doesn't exist...

It hasn't been announced officially yet. So technically, it doesn't exist.
It was the same for HotS if my memory is correct, I wouldn't worry about a cancellation tbh.


well, I got SC2 with HotS, so I don't know how it was then...
But I know that Blizzard have a reputation for cancelling projects

They only cancelled 3 "big" games that already had an important development process iirc (Titan, Ghost and a Warcraft game based around Thrall). They are/were mostly known for making good games and taking a lot of time to make them better. I really wouldn't worry about a cancellation, keep in mind that it's 60$ and a lot of people that will buy mainly for the campaign

I don't know why you keep saying 60. They said (when they announced the 3 part story) that the Z and P expansions would be "priced as expansions" and HotS was 40 (or 45)... maybe the collector's edition?



It was 40. But given the facti that SC2 is now for the most part F2P, I wouldn't mind them making it a bit cheaper


That's a good point that you make. I don't see a price reduction happening, but it is indeed a good point.
Sakat
Profile Blog Joined October 2014
Croatia1599 Posts
October 20 2014 12:03 GMT
#11492
On October 20 2014 20:59 LoneYoShi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 20 2014 20:50 Sakat wrote:
On October 20 2014 20:48 y0su wrote:
On October 20 2014 20:30 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 20 2014 20:26 Sakat wrote:
On October 20 2014 20:23 LoneYoShi wrote:
On October 20 2014 20:17 Sakat wrote:
On October 20 2014 17:52 y0su wrote:
On October 20 2014 17:44 Sakat wrote:
On October 20 2014 17:43 LoneYoShi wrote:
[quote]

I sure hope so as well, but it could "only" be their plans for the oncoming season of WCS of which we still don't know anything not much about...



I fear Legacy could go the way of Starcraft ghost

And I think it won't be, because they have a separate panel for SC multiplayer

WHAT? I don't see any reason why they would cancel it (especially after just cancelling Titan). There were clear reasons for those (titan, ghost, wc adventures) to be cancelled but why would they cancel an expansion (especially when the story is still there for single player)?



Because they are acting as if it doesn't exist...

It hasn't been announced officially yet. So technically, it doesn't exist.
It was the same for HotS if my memory is correct, I wouldn't worry about a cancellation tbh.


well, I got SC2 with HotS, so I don't know how it was then...
But I know that Blizzard have a reputation for cancelling projects

They only cancelled 3 "big" games that already had an important development process iirc (Titan, Ghost and a Warcraft game based around Thrall). They are/were mostly known for making good games and taking a lot of time to make them better. I really wouldn't worry about a cancellation, keep in mind that it's 60$ and a lot of people that will buy mainly for the campaign

I don't know why you keep saying 60. They said (when they announced the 3 part story) that the Z and P expansions would be "priced as expansions" and HotS was 40 (or 45)... maybe the collector's edition?



It was 40. But given the facti that SC2 is now for the most part F2P, I wouldn't mind them making it a bit cheaper


That's a good point that you make. I don't see a price reduction happening, but it is indeed a good point.


Nah, I don't see it either. But it seem unfair to pay 40$ just for the campagin, wich will probably be something like a 20 mission campagin that I will beat in a day like in HOTS. My friend has the Starter edition, and thinks I'm stupid for paying for the game. I still want to know how it all ends, but... 40$
My boy Ptak defeated two GSL champions!
y0su
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Finland7871 Posts
October 20 2014 12:08 GMT
#11493
Don't forget that unlike f2p games SC2 does actually have a single player campaign/story. From the pure competitive play standpoint I could envision LotV not happening, but it's an integral part of the single player experience. Because Blizzard will want competitive players to purchase as well, they'll throw in something.

On October 20 2014 20:51 OtherWorld wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 20 2014 20:48 y0su wrote:
On October 20 2014 20:30 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 20 2014 20:26 Sakat wrote:
On October 20 2014 20:23 LoneYoShi wrote:
On October 20 2014 20:17 Sakat wrote:
On October 20 2014 17:52 y0su wrote:
On October 20 2014 17:44 Sakat wrote:
On October 20 2014 17:43 LoneYoShi wrote:
On October 20 2014 17:32 Sakat wrote:
[quote]


I hope that's LOTV news to be honest


I sure hope so as well, but it could "only" be their plans for the oncoming season of WCS of which we still don't know anything not much about...



I fear Legacy could go the way of Starcraft ghost

And I think it won't be, because they have a separate panel for SC multiplayer

WHAT? I don't see any reason why they would cancel it (especially after just cancelling Titan). There were clear reasons for those (titan, ghost, wc adventures) to be cancelled but why would they cancel an expansion (especially when the story is still there for single player)?



Because they are acting as if it doesn't exist...

It hasn't been announced officially yet. So technically, it doesn't exist.
It was the same for HotS if my memory is correct, I wouldn't worry about a cancellation tbh.


well, I got SC2 with HotS, so I don't know how it was then...
But I know that Blizzard have a reputation for cancelling projects

They only cancelled 3 "big" games that already had an important development process iirc (Titan, Ghost and a Warcraft game based around Thrall). They are/were mostly known for making good games and taking a lot of time to make them better. I really wouldn't worry about a cancellation, keep in mind that it's 60$ and a lot of people that will buy mainly for the campaign

I don't know why you keep saying 60. They said (when they announced the 3 part story) that the Z and P expansions would be "priced as expansions" and HotS was 40 (or 45)... maybe the collector's edition?

HotS wasn't 60€? My memory may be failing me then. That doesn't change much to the argument though.

Oh, don't worry, I agree with your argument :D (should have maybe said that earlier)

Sakat
Profile Blog Joined October 2014
Croatia1599 Posts
October 20 2014 12:18 GMT
#11494
On October 20 2014 21:08 y0su wrote:
Don't forget that unlike f2p games SC2 does actually have a single player campaign/story. From the pure competitive play standpoint I could envision LotV not happening, but it's an integral part of the single player experience. Because Blizzard will want competitive players to purchase as well, they'll throw in something.

Show nested quote +
On October 20 2014 20:51 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 20 2014 20:48 y0su wrote:
On October 20 2014 20:30 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 20 2014 20:26 Sakat wrote:
On October 20 2014 20:23 LoneYoShi wrote:
On October 20 2014 20:17 Sakat wrote:
On October 20 2014 17:52 y0su wrote:
On October 20 2014 17:44 Sakat wrote:
On October 20 2014 17:43 LoneYoShi wrote:
[quote]

I sure hope so as well, but it could "only" be their plans for the oncoming season of WCS of which we still don't know anything not much about...



I fear Legacy could go the way of Starcraft ghost

And I think it won't be, because they have a separate panel for SC multiplayer

WHAT? I don't see any reason why they would cancel it (especially after just cancelling Titan). There were clear reasons for those (titan, ghost, wc adventures) to be cancelled but why would they cancel an expansion (especially when the story is still there for single player)?



Because they are acting as if it doesn't exist...

It hasn't been announced officially yet. So technically, it doesn't exist.
It was the same for HotS if my memory is correct, I wouldn't worry about a cancellation tbh.


well, I got SC2 with HotS, so I don't know how it was then...
But I know that Blizzard have a reputation for cancelling projects

They only cancelled 3 "big" games that already had an important development process iirc (Titan, Ghost and a Warcraft game based around Thrall). They are/were mostly known for making good games and taking a lot of time to make them better. I really wouldn't worry about a cancellation, keep in mind that it's 60$ and a lot of people that will buy mainly for the campaign

I don't know why you keep saying 60. They said (when they announced the 3 part story) that the Z and P expansions would be "priced as expansions" and HotS was 40 (or 45)... maybe the collector's edition?

HotS wasn't 60€? My memory may be failing me then. That doesn't change much to the argument though.

Oh, don't worry, I agree with your argument :D (should have maybe said that earlier)



Don't you think 40$ is a little too much for 20 missions?
My boy Ptak defeated two GSL champions!
Meavis
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Netherlands1300 Posts
October 20 2014 12:22 GMT
#11495
If I could've gotten 2$ a mission for every sc2 player I would be making missions maps non stop
"Not you."
Sakat
Profile Blog Joined October 2014
Croatia1599 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-20 12:23:58
October 20 2014 12:23 GMT
#11496
On October 20 2014 21:22 Meavis wrote:
If I could've gotten 2$ a mission for every sc2 player I would be making missions maps non stop


Plus the fact that Blizzard are taking their sweet time with these 20 missions.
My boy Ptak defeated two GSL champions!
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
October 20 2014 12:25 GMT
#11497
On October 20 2014 20:57 iHirO wrote:
Hey Die4Ever, can you calculate the percentage of passion posts from NA vs the rest of the world?

I think that it more or less speaks for itself.
kiss kiss fall in love
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
October 20 2014 12:26 GMT
#11498
On October 20 2014 21:25 IntoTheheart wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 20 2014 20:57 iHirO wrote:
Hey Die4Ever, can you calculate the percentage of passion posts from NA vs the rest of the world?

I think that it more or less speaks for itself.

The_Templar 17%, the rest of US 40%, EU 20%, everywhere else 23%?
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
October 20 2014 12:27 GMT
#11499
On October 20 2014 21:23 Sakat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 20 2014 21:22 Meavis wrote:
If I could've gotten 2$ a mission for every sc2 player I would be making missions maps non stop


Plus the fact that Blizzard are taking their sweet time with these 20 missions.

They're going to give us super high quality missions and an engaging story line.
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
y0su
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Finland7871 Posts
October 20 2014 12:29 GMT
#11500
On October 20 2014 21:18 Sakat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 20 2014 21:08 y0su wrote:
Don't forget that unlike f2p games SC2 does actually have a single player campaign/story. From the pure competitive play standpoint I could envision LotV not happening, but it's an integral part of the single player experience. Because Blizzard will want competitive players to purchase as well, they'll throw in something.

On October 20 2014 20:51 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 20 2014 20:48 y0su wrote:
On October 20 2014 20:30 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 20 2014 20:26 Sakat wrote:
On October 20 2014 20:23 LoneYoShi wrote:
On October 20 2014 20:17 Sakat wrote:
On October 20 2014 17:52 y0su wrote:
On October 20 2014 17:44 Sakat wrote:
[quote]


I fear Legacy could go the way of Starcraft ghost

And I think it won't be, because they have a separate panel for SC multiplayer

WHAT? I don't see any reason why they would cancel it (especially after just cancelling Titan). There were clear reasons for those (titan, ghost, wc adventures) to be cancelled but why would they cancel an expansion (especially when the story is still there for single player)?



Because they are acting as if it doesn't exist...

It hasn't been announced officially yet. So technically, it doesn't exist.
It was the same for HotS if my memory is correct, I wouldn't worry about a cancellation tbh.


well, I got SC2 with HotS, so I don't know how it was then...
But I know that Blizzard have a reputation for cancelling projects

They only cancelled 3 "big" games that already had an important development process iirc (Titan, Ghost and a Warcraft game based around Thrall). They are/were mostly known for making good games and taking a lot of time to make them better. I really wouldn't worry about a cancellation, keep in mind that it's 60$ and a lot of people that will buy mainly for the campaign

I don't know why you keep saying 60. They said (when they announced the 3 part story) that the Z and P expansions would be "priced as expansions" and HotS was 40 (or 45)... maybe the collector's edition?

HotS wasn't 60€? My memory may be failing me then. That doesn't change much to the argument though.

Oh, don't worry, I agree with your argument :D (should have maybe said that earlier)



Don't you think 40$ is a little too much for 20 missions?

If single player was all I purchased HotS for I might have been a bit disappointed.
Prev 1 573 574 575 576 577 1091 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 52m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech135
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5210
Bisu 2988
Soulkey 1614
Jaedong 727
EffOrt 612
Horang2 587
Mini 557
Larva 384
ZerO 296
actioN 256
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 242
Yoon 143
Mind 108
sorry 92
Sea.KH 88
Sharp 83
Dewaltoss 81
hero 73
Barracks 73
Shinee 73
Pusan 57
Snow 54
Hyun 42
Bale 41
ToSsGirL 28
Trap 20
scan(afreeca) 19
Sacsri 15
Terrorterran 15
Rock 14
NaDa 13
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
zelot 8
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5686
qojqva2556
Dendi1194
420jenkins182
Counter-Strike
fl0m2369
Fnx 630
x6flipin231
Other Games
hiko948
Liquid`RaSZi842
B2W.Neo520
Lowko366
crisheroes299
DeMusliM280
XBOCT192
Livibee192
Liquid`VortiX187
QueenE98
Mew2King45
ZerO(Twitch)24
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 65
• mYiSmile130
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 48
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV702
League of Legends
• Nemesis3145
• TFBlade548
• Noizen131
Other Games
• Shiphtur308
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
8h 52m
Patches Events
1d
The PondCast
1d 18h
INu's Battles
1d 19h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.