• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:26
CEST 15:26
KST 22:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7204 users

Bronze-Gold Teamleague - Page 5

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16 17 Next All
Ballnazor
Profile Joined January 2012
Sweden22 Posts
April 04 2012 14:50 GMT
#81
Do we have to randomize the teams? I have a bunch of friends that would love to play this with eachother
howLiN
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Portugal1676 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-04 15:20:57
April 04 2012 15:20 GMT
#82
Ok, I made a new graph. Thanks for everyone's help, especially from Reedjr!

Some general changes I made include change of the match format from a bo7 all-kill to a bo5 Proleague style with fixed rank matches (no cross-ranked matches); seasons now have 9 weeks, and the group stage is a big round robin in Proleague style, instead of two groups in Code S style. Please tell me what you think, it's of utmost importance that you guys agree with the league format where you'll be playing!

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


@Ballnazor and @MaximusT: I think that people that want to play together in their team will be prioritized over teams made from random players. It's funnier for the players, and it's easier for the organizers (I can imagine it can be a lot harder to deal with a random team than with a team with people that already know each other).

@anonimitylol: That's what I'm proposing with this new graph, see if you like it!
NoRage
Profile Joined April 2012
Finland2 Posts
April 04 2012 15:49 GMT
#83
@howLIN This system seems more then alright, I would say, some things I wondered still.

1. Is it bo5 every set in a match, for example: set 1 (silver) Mark > Robert 3-2 or is it the one who wins the first map?
I would prefer bo5 every set so we get some more matches than 1 per week only.

2. Bo7 ace match instead of bo5 so it could get like two bronze, two silvers and two golds versus each other and then an ace match if needed, but that's just my thoughts, and then again you have to have a minimum of 6 players a team.

Otherwise does the leaguesystem look really good, and I like the Round Robin style.
It's only a game! Why you heff to be mad!
Falconpauunch
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Korea (South)59 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-04 15:54:54
April 04 2012 15:53 GMT
#84
I would love to do this,
Falconpaunch Character Code: 231
Silver NA
Please pm details about actual sign up too
:)
RainSunShowers
Profile Joined August 2011
Norway152 Posts
April 04 2012 15:54 GMT
#85
On April 04 2012 23:50 Ballnazor wrote:
Do we have to randomize the teams? I have a bunch of friends that would love to play this with eachother


I guess if you just sign everyone up in one post, just that you add their TL names too so we could contact them if needed.

Tonight when I get home I will sort the US, EU and SEA players and see if a server has enough players.

If someone could be the organizer of the US or SEA server it would be great.
Founder of CTL http://choboteamleague.enjin.com/home
ChubbyDelicious
Profile Joined March 2012
United States20 Posts
April 04 2012 16:01 GMT
#86
Count me in!

CyanTheory.567 NA Bronze League Protoss
Insomniac22
Profile Joined February 2011
United States907 Posts
April 04 2012 16:07 GMT
#87
I would totally do this :o
tossuaway
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States107 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-04 16:18:26
April 04 2012 16:07 GMT
#88
This sounds like a lot of fun. However realize that this is quite an undertaking. I would love to help out and organize the US server. Rather than negotiation a time that works between predetermined teams, it would be easier to simple have a set day each week or month or bi weekly or whatever time interval works that on each Saturday, at 2:30 EST, we have everyone who wants to participate that day meet in a chat room. Then there's no worry about no shows or working times out, you are there, or you are not there. Then just to make it fair, just do random teams. You can show up with your friends and maybe face them later in the tournament. I think every other saturday at 2:30 EST would work well for the US Server. for 8 teams of 5 it'll take 40 players, which is possible. But dropping it down to smaller teams may be needed if not enough players show up. Feel free to pm me anytime, thanks.

edit- I know that many want to do this with there friends on their team. This would be awesome and fun but would require that these prebuilt teams show up. With random teams, theres no no show issues. However if we could just get a select few teams that really were committed. (even 4 teams of 3) we could really grow as teams and friends, and really develop intense and fun rivalries with other teams. More commitment, more fun!
shadow_orc
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada52 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-04 16:11:30
April 04 2012 16:11 GMT
#89
TT cant play on weekends
There are only patterns, patterns on top of patterns, patterns that affect other patterns. Patterns hidden by patterns. Patterns within patterns. If you watch close, history does nothing but repeat itself. What we call chaos is just patterns we haven't re
howLiN
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Portugal1676 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-04 16:19:08
April 04 2012 16:13 GMT
#90
On April 05 2012 00:49 NoRage wrote:
@howLIN This system seems more then alright, I would say, some things I wondered still.

1. Is it bo5 every set in a match, for example: set 1 (silver) Mark > Robert 3-2 or is it the one who wins the first map?
I would prefer bo5 every set so we get some more matches than 1 per week only.

2. Bo7 ace match instead of bo5 so it could get like two bronze, two silvers and two golds versus each other and then an ace match if needed, but that's just my thoughts, and then again you have to have a minimum of 6 players a team.

Otherwise does the leaguesystem look really good, and I like the Round Robin style.


When I made that I was thinking about the logistics of it, and how it could be very time consuming for the teams of an amateur league if I started to add more games to everything. I agree that it's not the most perfect system, I personally would also like to have more games for everyone, but you have to consider that it can become a heavy toll for a team to organize itself to play more games, not to mention for the organizers to run the whole thing in their spare time.

I made every regular set a bo1, and the ace set a bo3. I can see how it can seem that they're not playing many games, but I have to remind you that every week there would be four matches between the teams, with a minimum of 3 games per team and a maximum of 8 games, which makes a possible total of 32 games per weekend that have to be played, reported, verified, filed, organized, distributed and publicized in a weekend. That can be very hard to run without hiccups, and I'd rather have the league run without any problems at first than to make a bigger system than we can handle and mess it up. The bo7 as a system for team matches carries the same problem, with the addition of the teams having to deal with more players, which can create exponentially more problems for the teams.

I'm certainly willing to change it, but I think we should start simple to see how it goes, and then move up if we can do it. I think that for a start, the amount of games is fine, and if it's clear that we can handle more games than before, then I see no problem in expanding the number of games played. I just don't really want to make this heavier than we can handle, especially for the amateur teams where it can be hard to manage everyone at the same time.


On April 05 2012 01:07 tossuaway wrote:
This sounds like a lot of fun. However realize that this is quite an undertaking. I would love to help out and organize the US server. Rather than negotiation a time that works between predetermined teams, it would be easier to simple have a set day each week or month or bi weekly or whatever time interval works that on each Saturday, at 2:30 EST, we have everyone who wants to participate that day meet in a chat room. Then there's no worry about no shows or working times out, you are there, or you are not there. Then just to make it fair, just do random teams. You can show up with your friends and maybe face them later in the tournament. I think every other saturday at 2:30 EST would work well for the US Server. for 8 teams of 5 it'll take 40 players, which is possible. But dropping it down to smaller teams may be needed if not enough players show up. Feel free to pm me anytime, thanks.


I was thinking in rather than establish a fixed date and time, teams would have a time span (say, between saturday and sunday) to play their matches, and would have to report the results and send the replays up until sunday midnight. It would give the teams much more leverage to play their games in something that it's their spare time. I don't know how that would work between teams in terms of choosing a date and time, though.
Campanda
Profile Joined June 2011
United States1 Post
April 04 2012 17:04 GMT
#91
This is a great idea. Team Kessel would love to participate. We have 3 confirmed members who will play, and 2 that we are awaiting conformation. Hope this starts as soon as possible.
We are all on the NA server
Campanda.451
Gold Terran
KHAN.132
Silver Zerg
Milky.135
Silver Zerg
Im Terrible
WarEagle
Profile Joined March 2011
United States130 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-04 19:40:27
April 04 2012 19:35 GMT
#92
I have a team league listed here in the tournament forums ([STL] SC2Clans Team League) which has a division for bronze to gold teams. Only one team has signed up so far.

A lot of you may be interested in that.
Ksquared
Profile Joined July 2011
United States1748 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-04 20:49:12
April 04 2012 19:55 GMT
#93
This is sexy, I WANT IN

Ksquared 535 Gold Protoss
eSports for life.
Kovaz
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada233 Posts
April 04 2012 20:09 GMT
#94
I can't participate (in diamond) but I have a couple of ideas anyway.

1) Proleague format is probably best. It distributes play time the most evenly so everyone gets the chance to play. I think Ace match would also add to the excitement as well.

2) If there's concern about teams being too strong or too weak, you could have a points system where a gold is 3 points, silver is 2 points, and bronze is 1 point, and have a point limit for your lineup for a particular match. For example, Bo5 could have a limit of 11 points, so you have to play some bronze and silver players.

3) Match up weaker players with weaker players and stronger with stronger. It'll be more fun for everyone if you get to play people close to your skill level. This avoids a situation where matches depend entirely on who matches up with who, rather than who's playing better on that day. For example, if we have 1 gold and 1 bronze vs 1 gold and 1 bronze, the match should almost always be 1-1 if each gold plays the corresponding bronze, with both games being very one-sided. If we play the gold vs. gold and bronze vs. bronze, it could swing either way and both games are more meaningful.

The way I would try to organize this is to have teams rank their players before each match, with higher league being the first criteria (so a gold is always higher than a bronze), and then have best vs. best, 2nd best vs. 2nd best, and so on.

Hope you guys have fun, tourneys/leagues are always a blast.
coppuh
Profile Joined March 2012
United States9 Posts
April 04 2012 20:27 GMT
#95
So what happens if a player gets promoted during the teamleague season?
ScienceNotBusiness
Profile Joined March 2012
United States91 Posts
April 04 2012 20:33 GMT
#96
I'm down.

Gold Random

ID: Leave
Code: 262
Cinim
Profile Joined April 2011
Denmark866 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-04 20:41:47
April 04 2012 20:37 GMT
#97
Why only up to gold? I'm Diamond and is very much interested in this

Edit:
Just read post again, if a team wants me to help a bit - I can do so
contact me in-game
Name: Cinimidrak
character code: 864

Diamond zerg player
Hell, it's about time
Joshuawesome
Profile Joined August 2011
United States57 Posts
April 04 2012 20:40 GMT
#98
THis sounds cool. Def sign me up!

Joshuawesome.729
Gold
Protoss
BlueBoxSC
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States582 Posts
April 04 2012 20:45 GMT
#99
BwCBlueBox (837)
Gold
Zerg
BwCBlueBox.837
PlacidPanda
Profile Joined September 2011
United States246 Posts
April 04 2012 22:50 GMT
#100
Im plat and should be upped into diamond this coming season, I'd be happy to help out teams/work as practice partners. I've had experience with these leagues before as well as coaching bronze players into gold.
UCPlacidPnda 764 Protoss
Squirtle Hwaitting!!
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1016
RotterdaM536
TKL 212
SteadfastSC201
Rex114
CosmosSc2 27
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 536
ByuN 284
TKL 212
SteadfastSC 201
Rex 114
CosmosSc2 27
Codebar 25
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 38465
Shuttle 2406
Jaedong 1127
Horang2 873
Soulkey 490
Mini 391
EffOrt 361
Stork 347
Larva 272
Soma 234
[ Show more ]
actioN 224
BeSt 213
ZerO 206
Rush 187
Snow 181
Last 156
Mong 149
firebathero 133
Zeus 91
910 78
Free 75
Mind 74
Hyun 61
sorry 55
hero 47
PianO 47
Sharp 41
Yoon 40
JYJ 38
Shinee 36
Pusan 34
Shine 31
Hm[arnc] 30
Bale 30
Sexy 23
ToSsGirL 22
Aegong 21
HiyA 17
Terrorterran 12
scan(afreeca) 9
Sacsri 8
Noble 8
Rock 7
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc4370
Dendi1325
canceldota71
Counter-Strike
fl0m1169
edward34
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King171
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes533
Lowko338
Other Games
gofns77620
singsing2320
olofmeister1027
B2W.Neo329
hiko306
DeMusliM223
Livibee176
Pyrionflax163
Liquid`VortiX104
QueenE61
Trikslyr58
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1376
Other Games
BasetradeTV192
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH140
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis1579
• Jankos1530
• TFBlade343
Other Games
• Shiphtur629
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 35m
The PondCast
20h 35m
INu's Battles
21h 35m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.