• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:10
CEST 10:10
KST 17:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8003 users

Bronze-Gold Teamleague - Page 2

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 15 16 17 Next All
steelcurtain09
Profile Joined October 2011
United States87 Posts
March 30 2012 15:55 GMT
#21
I also love this idea. But i'm not eligible to participate cuz i'm plat/almost diamond. I think this should be extended and divided up to make more leagues and over a wider range. For example, a bronze/silver league, gold/plat league, and diamond league
Reedjr
Profile Joined April 2011
United States228 Posts
April 01 2012 01:24 GMT
#22
That's a nice idea, but we're still struggling to fill up a bronze to gold league, much less fill up 3 separate ones. But we're starting to make some progress!
Ettick
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States2434 Posts
April 01 2012 01:44 GMT
#23
I'm down for this, looks like a lot of fun :D

Ettick.723
Silver
Protoss
NA server
MasianMario
Profile Joined January 2012
United States8 Posts
April 01 2012 01:59 GMT
#24
Yeah, I think you need to extend the league range because the people in higher leagues would be more likely to sign up for this because they probably are more into the game. I'm plat so as of right now I wouldn't be able to join, but I agree with what steelcurtain09 had to say.
On March 31 2012 00:55 steelcurtain09 wrote:
I also love this idea. But i'm not eligible to participate cuz i'm plat/almost diamond. I think this should be extended and divided up to make more leagues and over a wider range. For example, a bronze/silver league, gold/plat league, and diamond league

I was the Chosen One!
Robo-boogey
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia110 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-01 02:04:55
April 01 2012 02:01 GMT
#25
This is a great idea!

My reference point is the tennis & table tennis I played for many years. If every tennis game I played was against a random person I would never see again, then it wouldn't have been that much fun.

The format I'm used to from tennis & table tennis is along the lines of:
-- teams of 4 or 8
-- each team is ranked
-- say, 2 singles & 1 doubles
-- of your 2 singles, say you are no 3 in your team, then you will play the other team's no 3 in one singles, and the other team's no 4 in the other singles

This is a great way of managing the different skill levels within a team. It doesn't handle if one team's set of players is just much stronger than another - but you can have different groups / leagues / divisions / whatever for that. A standard approach is to have a 'grading' period for 4 or so weeks, and then the teams get separated out.

I am not so sure about an all-kill format, as a decent gold leaguer could just run through 5 bronzies in a row no problem. That format could make it very un-fun for the worst player in each team.

A format which allows the matches to be pre-set would be best. Different people might be available at different times, ideally things can be setup so that players know their matches, and have a certain time window in which to play them.

I'm in SEA (I can connect to NA if there is no SEA). If I like the format, then I'd like to join, and if I join then I'm happy to help organise.

RoboBoogie.779
Silver
Zerg

Robo-boogey
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia110 Posts
April 01 2012 02:02 GMT
#26
On April 01 2012 10:59 MasianMario wrote:
Yeah, I think you need to extend the league range because the people in higher leagues would be more likely to sign up for this because they probably are more into the game. I'm plat so as of right now I wouldn't be able to join, but I agree with what steelcurtain09 had to say.
Show nested quote +
On March 31 2012 00:55 steelcurtain09 wrote:
I also love this idea. But i'm not eligible to participate cuz i'm plat/almost diamond. I think this should be extended and divided up to make more leagues and over a wider range. For example, a bronze/silver league, gold/plat league, and diamond league


Agreed, the challenge will be to have a format where all skill levels are welcome, and all skill levels can have fun.
Reedjr
Profile Joined April 2011
United States228 Posts
April 02 2012 02:05 GMT
#27
On a preliminary basis I think we'll start opening up to plat/diamond submissions. If we get enough we can have one upper league and one lower league depending on where the split is.
docvoc
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States5491 Posts
April 02 2012 02:15 GMT
#28
docvoc.924, aso to echo what others have said, i think a great idea would be to make sure people are in leagues where they face each other over and over again, but have it be switched up every once in a while so that their is a feeling of community .
User was warned for too many mimes.
Dasende
Profile Joined August 2010
United States864 Posts
April 02 2012 02:44 GMT
#29
Seems like fun, I'd be willing to join up and add my name to the list. With school's ending in sight I'll be able to spend more time in SC2 other than the ~10 games I've played currently.

As for the format, I'm torn on both ways. I personally like the all-kill format better than the Pro League format, but to ensure that lower leagued players will be fielded I also like the Pro League format so certain rounds could be sort of like designated Bronze rounds.

I'll have to maybe think on a unique format more because this does seem like such a fun idea.

Dasende.347
Gold // Protoss
NA Server
[SC2: Dasende.347] [@Dasende8702] [HS/Heroes: Dasende#1376] Founder of ChoboTeamLeague
kofee
Profile Joined March 2011
United States18 Posts
April 02 2012 02:56 GMT
#30
I want in on this also,

Kofee (832)
silver
zerg
Crackensan
Profile Joined August 2010
United States479 Posts
April 02 2012 03:00 GMT
#31
I'm down. Cracken.432. Gold League, Zerg
Tasteless: "Well this strategy is made of balls"--Concerning Fruitdealer Vs. BoXeR
DangerAl
Profile Joined January 2012
Australia88 Posts
April 02 2012 03:17 GMT
#32
This sounds like fun.
I'm DangerAl.839
Gold
Terran
Dr.SchoKo
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany3 Posts
April 02 2012 03:22 GMT
#33
Looks like fun, I'm on the EU server
DrSchoKo 157
Gold
Zerg
BogusBart
Profile Joined October 2011
Canada24 Posts
April 02 2012 04:06 GMT
#34
Would possibly be interested in this.


eXaBogusBart #231
Gold
Terran
MarineKingPrime Fighting! ROOT Gaming!
shadow_orc
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada52 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-02 23:55:58
April 02 2012 04:20 GMT
#35
ravenassasin.254
gold
terran
im interested
There are only patterns, patterns on top of patterns, patterns that affect other patterns. Patterns hidden by patterns. Patterns within patterns. If you watch close, history does nothing but repeat itself. What we call chaos is just patterns we haven't re
trickery
Profile Joined October 2011
United States37 Posts
April 02 2012 04:25 GMT
#36
Interested in helping start this!

tricky (265)
Gold
Protoss
"If you want peace, prepare for war" Sic transit gloria mundi
Reedjr
Profile Joined April 2011
United States228 Posts
April 03 2012 00:59 GMT
#37
We're getting up there! So far just about halfway to the 40 number! Keep on volunteering and spreading the word!
IBeyond
Profile Joined February 2012
United States1 Post
April 03 2012 01:37 GMT
#38
I'd like to sign up! My account is stuck in diamond, because my friend played my placements back when I wasn't playing, my skill level is probably around high silver or low gold.

Beyond (835)
Silver?
Terran
PlacidPanda
Profile Joined September 2011
United States246 Posts
April 03 2012 01:47 GMT
#39
Hey guys, this isn't going to work, there have been numerous attempts but it just hasn't worked. You need to get a money prize or something or else everyone loses interest. Gl though......
Squirtle Hwaitting!!
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
April 03 2012 01:53 GMT
#40
Liquid`TheTemplar
In my dreams...
TheTemplar
Gold
Protoss
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 15 16 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 50m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 746
GuemChi 588
Leta 324
BeSt 240
Soma 174
Hyun 130
firebathero 110
Mong 68
910 48
sSak 35
[ Show more ]
Bale 26
yabsab 19
ZergMaN 18
HiyA 12
Noble 8
Shine 2
Dota 2
febbydoto11
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss561
ceh9523
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King347
Other Games
summit1g8228
olofmeister845
JimRising 484
Happy336
KnowMe48
Trikslyr24
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick455
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast34
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Stunt440
• Jankos241
Other Games
• Shiphtur485
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
2h 50m
Patches Events
7h 50m
The PondCast
1d 1h
INu's Battles
1d 2h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 14h
Replay Cast
1d 14h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.