• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:42
CEST 13:42
KST 20:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8319 users

The five-year-long WTL is about to come to its end - Page…

Forum Index > SC2 General
30 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 All last
SCBOY Forum post: https://www.scboy.cc/?thread-694301.htm
lechatnoir
Profile Joined November 2016
392 Posts
November 11 2024 20:45 GMT
#12
Well that sucks major ass.

Cheers to the memories, it was a good run!
Antithesis
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany1273 Posts
November 11 2024 22:34 GMT
#13
Sad news. But I'm happy to hear that there will be one or two offline tournaments in place of the team league.

Thanks to the SCBoy team for the great run and continued events!
Mutation complete.
Waxangel
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States33707 Posts
November 12 2024 00:01 GMT
#14
It's such a shame that it came to an end, but you could see the signs ever since EWC disrupted the scene.

I do hope that some level of team competition keeps going; maybe in the style of clar wars from the old War3 days.
AdministratorHey HP can you redo everything youve ever done because i have a small complaint?
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27463 Posts
November 12 2024 00:18 GMT
#15
On November 11 2024 20:10 Nakajin wrote:
Noooooooooo

I was afraid it would be happening, I hate the Saudi so much right now. Killing the best Starcraft 2 competition on top of everything...

I'll write the league a proper eulogy later, but I can just say it was the best of time.

I could barely ever follow the league live, and really relied on your sterling efforts on previews/reviews to keep on top of it. If others did a few, also props

Many thanks for that sir!
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Nakajin
Profile Blog Joined September 2014
Canada8991 Posts
November 12 2024 02:54 GMT
#16
On November 12 2024 09:18 WombaT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 11 2024 20:10 Nakajin wrote:
Noooooooooo

I was afraid it would be happening, I hate the Saudi so much right now. Killing the best Starcraft 2 competition on top of everything...

I'll write the league a proper eulogy later, but I can just say it was the best of time.

I could barely ever follow the league live, and really relied on your sterling efforts on previews/reviews to keep on top of it. If others did a few, also props

Many thanks for that sir!


Thanks, I'm glad you liked it
TheOneAboveU deserves a lot of praise, he's the one who started the week-in-week-out coverage of the league, I just picked it up when he had to stop.


Also, as a side note, I was planning to do a Balance Council/conspiracy machination spoof for the next WTL qualifier. I can't believe so much silly drama will go unused now.
Writerhttp://i.imgur.com/9p6ufcB.jpg
Mizenhauer
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
United States1968 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-11-12 10:24:19
November 12 2024 10:23 GMT
#17
On November 12 2024 11:54 Nakajin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 12 2024 09:18 WombaT wrote:
On November 11 2024 20:10 Nakajin wrote:
Noooooooooo

I was afraid it would be happening, I hate the Saudi so much right now. Killing the best Starcraft 2 competition on top of everything...

I'll write the league a proper eulogy later, but I can just say it was the best of time.

I could barely ever follow the league live, and really relied on your sterling efforts on previews/reviews to keep on top of it. If others did a few, also props

Many thanks for that sir!


Thanks, I'm glad you liked it
TheOneAboveU deserves a lot of praise, he's the one who started the week-in-week-out coverage of the league, I just picked it up when he had to stop.


Also, as a side note, I was planning to do a Balance Council/conspiracy machination spoof for the next WTL qualifier. I can't believe so much silly drama will go unused now.


Marco is GOATED. I'm glad you could pick it up after him and make it your own.
┗|∵|┓Second Place in LB 28, Third Place in LB 29 and Destined to Be a Kong
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18464 Posts
November 13 2024 00:36 GMT
#18
So much for Microsoft being good for SC2. Problems with authorization just seems like such a bullshit excuse, when the Blizzard-China deal problems were solved years ago. The answer from Microsoft to "do you allow us to continue running this awesome team tournament with sponsors" should be an immediate and resounding yes.

The other problems are clear, of course.
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27463 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-11-13 01:00:10
November 13 2024 00:58 GMT
#19
On November 13 2024 09:36 Acrofales wrote:
So much for Microsoft being good for SC2. Problems with authorization just seems like such a bullshit excuse, when the Blizzard-China deal problems were solved years ago. The answer from Microsoft to "do you allow us to continue running this awesome team tournament with sponsors" should be an immediate and resounding yes.

The other problems are clear, of course.

I doubt it’s a Microsoft problem

They might not be an improvement, but I doubt they would impede it either. It’s an ESL problem, unless I see evidence to the contrary I don’t see why Microsoft would block them unduly

WTL was ultimately killled by EWC, they said so, it’s obvious just looking at it that EWC disrupted a lot.

I already felt it sometimes hard to really get invested due to roster churn, it became harder still when the EWC basically forced a bunch of partnership teams with no history and that was half the field.

Maybe Microsoft don’t fix these problems, but I also don’t see them actively working on making them worse.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
yubo56
Profile Joined May 2014
690 Posts
November 13 2024 01:14 GMT
#20
On November 12 2024 11:54 Nakajin wrote:

Also, as a side note, I was planning to do a Balance Council/conspiracy machination spoof for the next WTL qualifier. I can't believe so much silly drama will go unused now.

Can you post a blog post? I'd love to see it for one, only if it's not too much work The memes were surely legendary
Jung Yoon Jong fighting, even after retirement! Feel better soon.
CicadaSC
Profile Joined January 2018
United States2010 Posts
November 13 2024 11:46 GMT
#21
On November 13 2024 09:36 Acrofales wrote:
So much for Microsoft being good for SC2. Problems with authorization just seems like such a bullshit excuse, when the Blizzard-China deal problems were solved years ago. The answer from Microsoft to "do you allow us to continue running this awesome team tournament with sponsors" should be an immediate and resounding yes.

The other problems are clear, of course.

what do you mean? It was leaked WC3 is getting a 2.0 and WC2 a remake. Microsoft has a history with pushing Age of Empires content as well with remakes and sequals too. It is entirely possible they plan on making a SC3 or are already working on one. I dont know what u thought microsoft was going to do for SC2 in this scenario, invest in its esports? They are making a StarCraft shooter allegedly so i think it is entirely plausible they are using that to reignite fans interest in the ip and may plan on making a StarCraft 3 after that.
Remember that we all come from a place of passion!!
Nakajin
Profile Blog Joined September 2014
Canada8991 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-11-13 13:39:02
November 13 2024 13:37 GMT
#22
On November 13 2024 09:36 Acrofales wrote:
So much for Microsoft being good for SC2. Problems with authorization just seems like such a bullshit excuse, when the Blizzard-China deal problems were solved years ago. The answer from Microsoft to "do you allow us to continue running this awesome team tournament with sponsors" should be an immediate and resounding yes.

The other problems are clear, of course.


Microsoft has cut hundreds if not thousands of jobs at Blizzard in the last two years, so it might not even be a real issue. Sometimes things take a long time in those big companies for purely administrative/bureaucratic reasons, even more people get cut by the dozens every other day. Who knows if the ESL file is just at the bottom of a pile somewhere?

However, it sounds like SCBoy is waiting on ESL for the calendar and stuff, not the OK to run their event.
Writerhttp://i.imgur.com/9p6ufcB.jpg
ejozl
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark3555 Posts
November 13 2024 14:05 GMT
#23
Gief moar starswar plz those were great. Fighting! I cannot see china scene going away with how many promising talents are coming up.
SC2 Archon needs "Terrible, terrible damage" as one of it's quotes.
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27463 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-11-13 14:28:05
November 13 2024 14:27 GMT
#24
On November 13 2024 23:05 ejozl wrote:
Gief moar starswar plz those were great. Fighting! I cannot see china scene going away with how many promising talents are coming up.

If they change the name I’m down.

Given the cultural phenomenon of Star Wars has permeated basically my whole lifespan, at times enthused me, it is SO blooming awkward to say Stars War

I kid, it’s cool to see these events, not just in SC2 but WC3 as well
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
duckTemplar
Profile Joined February 2011
United States216 Posts
November 17 2024 17:49 GMT
#25
is there any upcoming big games in 2025 that's confirmed?
The first word Kerrigan said to Raynor was "...You Pig!", to Raynor's response "What? ... oh you're a psychic"
Kashim
Profile Joined December 2013
Poland1241 Posts
November 17 2024 19:47 GMT
#26
On November 18 2024 02:49 duckTemplar wrote:
is there any upcoming big games in 2025 that's confirmed?


Bellum Gens Elite Stara Zagora is confirmed

https://x.com/BGEStaraZagora/status/1857063947632885854
SC2 LP Staff, Aligulac Editor, Tournament Organiser and Admin @KashimSC2
Howard_Kao
Profile Joined September 2018
China261 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-11-22 15:58:31
November 22 2024 15:51 GMT
#27
"You don't need a gsl champion, you don't need a esl champion. I feel like I'm just a normal man. I just practice very hard this time, like 15hrs everyday" Oliveira 2023
Akio
Profile Blog Joined January 2019
Finland1838 Posts
November 22 2024 18:08 GMT
#28
Thank you to SCBoy and everyone in the Chinese SC scene for the contributions throughout the years. I don't claim to have been a regular follower of WTL, but the longevity was admirable and with other proleagues disbanding, it had a special role in the scene.

Can't fault the pros who get a check from EWC, but the situation does suck for sure.
Mine gas, build tanks.
hoursetl7
Profile Joined December 2024
2 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-12-10 17:40:33
December 01 2024 21:16 GMT
#29
Bot edit.

User was banned for this post.
thunder33
Profile Joined December 2024
3 Posts
December 04 2024 07:47 GMT
#30
It's sad to see a team tournament go away, but as someone who never followed WTL too well and saw StarWars 11 looking pretty good, there's still some hope anyway!
dancatara
Profile Joined December 2024
1 Post
December 04 2024 10:51 GMT
#31
--- Nuked ---
1 2 All last
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs ByuNLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings163
SHIN 78
CranKy Ducklings SOOP47
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 317
ByuN 306
OGKoka 279
SHIN 78
MindelVK 22
Railgan 16
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 69340
Calm 10875
Rain 2547
FanTaSy 1138
Bisu 1037
soO 742
Soulkey 569
Stork 414
Shuttle 372
Rush 268
[ Show more ]
Soma 224
firebathero 212
Light 165
Snow 154
Last 151
Mind 87
Pusan 69
ToSsGirL 59
Shinee 42
Bale 39
Sea.KH 37
Killer 33
Trap 33
Mong 28
Free 28
Sharp 28
Hm[arnc] 27
hero 25
Sexy 21
yabsab 19
zelot 18
Shine 16
sorry 15
HiyA 13
Aegong 12
Sacsri 11
IntoTheRainbow 10
scan(afreeca) 10
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc6708
Dendi78
League of Legends
Reynor94
Counter-Strike
x6flipin542
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King78
Other Games
gofns33988
singsing2198
byalli620
B2W.Neo296
Pyrionflax259
Chillindude12
ToD2
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV203
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 97
• Gemini_19 9
• Dystopia_ 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV505
League of Legends
• Jankos3346
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 561
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
3h 18m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 18m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 18m
OSC
11h 18m
Replay Cast
11h 18m
OSC
1d
WardiTV Weekly
1d 23h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.