• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:09
CEST 13:09
KST 20:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)76Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7970 users

Bronze-Gold Teamleague - Page 3

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 15 16 17 Next All
bittman
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia8759 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-03 01:55:08
April 03 2012 01:54 GMT
#41
Would be really interested to see someone get this going. I have a couple of mates who don't really have time for starcraft so we sit in bronze - gold leagues and very rarely play. And even then we don't play 1v1 much because it's totally about you and you alone, but team leagues would make me interested in 1v1 again.

@PlacidPanda: And no. I would totally play a decently formed and moderated league without prize money. Are you telling me there are bronze - gold players out there that expect prize money? You're crazy and you should feel crazy =P

Interest can easily be maintained in a well moderated league. FPS clans do it all the time, a large number of FPS tournaments go without prizes. And by god, there's a bunch of passionate pokemon players out there that run tonnes of tournaments and I don't think I've seen one throw money at it. Just as some examples.

EDIT: Be much cooler if starcraft had this intergrated. Or if it was run by Team Liquid itself hehe
Mvp - Leenock - Dongraegu - MC - Gumiho - Keen - Polt - Squirtle - Jjakji - Genius - Seed - Life - sC - Dream || LG-IM - MVP - FXO
zefreak
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States2731 Posts
April 03 2012 02:07 GMT
#42
The all kill format is the stupidest idea ever for a bronze-gold team league, the skill differential will be huge.

I'm in anyways!

zefreak.290
Silver
Terran
www.gosu-sc.com - Starcraft News, Strategy and Merchandise
Treetop
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States140 Posts
April 03 2012 02:18 GMT
#43
I have to agree with zefreak above me. The all-kill style would not work for this kind of tournament. You'll just get teams loaded up with Golds and Bronze and Silver folks who are on other teams would just get destroyed. PL style is the way to do it with each rank getting their own match every series.

I'd love to help out. PM in your box if you'd like Admin help!
PlacidPanda
Profile Joined September 2011
United States246 Posts
April 03 2012 18:18 GMT
#44
On April 03 2012 10:54 bittman wrote:


@PlacidPanda: And no. I would totally play a decently formed and moderated league without prize money. Are you telling me there are bronze - gold players out there that expect prize money? You're crazy and you should feel crazy =P

EDIT: Be much cooler if starcraft had this intergrated. Or if it was run by Team Liquid itself hehe


I know it sounds crazy but honestly, not that many BSG players maintain interest long enough for them to play out a teamleague. Trust me i've been part of several plat and below ones and at the end of the day only a few of the plats were around. Also the problem of league promotion is a major issue as well. If it could be run by TL that would be great! because the real problem is that there is no accountability and no shall we say punishment for just dropping out. Dont get me wrong, i want you guys to succeed but with your current plan it just isn't feasible. GL though!

p.s. KESPA format not all kill, it completely breaks the game trust me.
Squirtle Hwaitting!!
Skorbnut
Profile Joined February 2012
United States20 Posts
April 03 2012 19:10 GMT
#45
I'd totally be down.

Skorbnut.441
NA Gold
Terran
PAYBACKSkorb - More gg, More skill. Line 'em up.
Oceaniax
Profile Joined June 2010
146 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-03 19:43:06
April 03 2012 19:36 GMT
#46
An All-Kill format works great when the players on the team are roughly the same skill level. Because you're looking at a large skill gap between bronze and gold, and an even larger skill gap between these players and any smurfs, it's far more equitable to use the proleague format.

With that aside stream the games if you end up getting this going, i'm sure it would be fun to watch.
Shivvy
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada37 Posts
April 03 2012 19:50 GMT
#47
Although I voted for an all-kill after reviewing some of the arguments pro league would be much better. Each player should have to face the other team's player that is in the same league as himself. This would make for more balanced match-ups.
More GG more skill.
arleeN
Profile Joined August 2011
United Kingdom2 Posts
April 03 2012 20:24 GMT
#48
Nelra.219
Gold
Zerg
Eu Server
Sign me up!:D
Starcraft 2 Player
Hellbinn
Profile Joined August 2011
United States8 Posts
April 03 2012 20:51 GMT
#49
all kill kinda fun lol, but anyhow id be up for the idea, im in no team tho, on us.
Kiastu
Profile Joined April 2012
22 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-04 02:35:49
April 03 2012 20:55 GMT
#50
I'm in.

Kiastu (186)
Gold
Zerg
darthdiddy
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-03 22:12:37
April 03 2012 21:47 GMT
#51
In the interest of keeping this thread and idea alive I'm going to ask some organizational questions:
What kind of time frame are we looking at for this league? Is it something where the teams practice for 2 weeks and there is a tournament, or is it every week, or even longer between tournaments?
What would the season look like? All year? Summer? Winter?
How would we get the word out beyond the handful of people in this thread?
Would we consider the possibility of streaming it and getting some casters to give the players more of a feel of competing for real (for lack of a better way to say that)?

Those are just some questions I was thinking about. Hopefully this sparks some discussion. I think I said earlier that I will be more available at the end of April as school lets out for me, at that point I'm way more open to helping out organize this. Feel free to hit me up in game if you are wanting to discuss with me anything to do with this.

Also I'm trying my best to keep an up to date spreadsheet of everyone's ID, League, and Race who is interested and has posted in this thread.

Furtz
Reedjr
Profile Joined April 2011
United States228 Posts
April 03 2012 22:32 GMT
#52
The way I envision it is a double elim tournament with one match played a week. Teams would have all week to set up and finish their matches, and if players do not play then they are disqualified. I think a week is a pretty reasonable time frame to ensure that all matches are done. Tentatively I would like to start around mid April or early May at the latest, and then the tournament would take 8 weeks to run. We'll worry about what happens in season 2 after season 1 has started to pick up steam.

Right now I'm looking at this as a one off fun thing that the people in this tournament will enjoy, and stuff like publicity and casting don't really enter into the equation yet. If anyone wants to cast any of these games either live or on a replay, that would be awesome, but I don't see the point in worrying about any of this until we get enough players to actually have a first season. I'll have a preliminary rule set made up by the end of the day tomorrow if that will help assuage fears that this is a circle jerk.

As much as I love the all-kill format, it seems like it might be a logistical nightmare. I'm not terribly concerned about the skill gap, especially since we could easily just say each team must put out players in order of league (since most naysayers are suggesting we match league with league in the other style anyway), but the uncertainty about when one plays would cause a lot more DQs than necessary. Maybe we could have teams decide before the match which style they would rather prefer playing, and if they cannot come to an agreement we play proleague style. Not saying that will happen, just putting it out there.
ScipioAfricanus
Profile Joined May 2011
United States11 Posts
April 03 2012 22:34 GMT
#53
im down.
scipio.690
Silver
Any Race (Protoss main)
Hellbinn
Profile Joined August 2011
United States8 Posts
April 03 2012 22:46 GMT
#54
I like your plan Reed, and just keep it to what we think is most logical to start off the season, all-kill not best option but fun none the less.

I will add my contact info when i get back from class lol (I havent played placement, last time i think it was plat lol idk), probably gold though. If i dont qualify i will help in anyway i can tho.
RainSunShowers
Profile Joined August 2011
Norway152 Posts
April 03 2012 22:47 GMT
#55
Hello, I love all the intrest in this teamleague. If anyone want to take over the thread with more organizing skills and writing skills then me, for the community it would be better to have someone experienced with stuff like this so the players have less stress because someone like me having terrible organizing or something, just pm me if interested.
Founder of CTL http://choboteamleague.enjin.com/home
howLiN
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Portugal1676 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-04 00:41:25
April 03 2012 23:19 GMT
#56
I think most of all it would be pretty cool to have this league as a regular thing, with seasons and relatively stable team rosters, so people could create bonds and rivalries. I've also proposed to create team logos and banners for everyone, so each team can have its identity. As for the format, I think the all-kill format is the best in creating storylines and excitement, though a proleague format would also be cool for showcasing each team's members.

I'm gonna try to organize some ideas that are bouncing in my head:

1. Stability
- Tournaments have fixed schedules and are relatively quick (I'm guessing 4-6 weeks per season if we're talking about 8 teams)
- Fixed number of players for each team; fixed number of possible player transactions between seasons (imagine if a team would have 10 players you could only drop/acquire up to 5 players in between seasons)

2. Teams identification
- Designated logos for each team comprising of colors and symbols chosen by the team
- Specific colors in-game for each team (like if a team chooses a logo with red, they would always play as the red player in the matches)

3. League format
- First stage: two groups of 4 teams, each group has matches in the GSL Code S format (5 matches instead of the 6 for a round robin)
- Second stage: the top two teams from each group go into a Ro4 bracket

4. Match format
- Bo6 all-kill format; if it goes to match 7 we'll have a Bo3 ace match (I think this format allows for the storylines of an all-kill format while creating new stories about individual players rivalries)

I maybe will make some graphics to better illustrate my idea, but for the time being what do you guys think?

EDIT: I made a graph to illustrate everything I wrote:

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
GlintFox
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States275 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-03 23:33:48
April 03 2012 23:32 GMT
#57
This sounds really fun! I'm quite excited about the idea of this!

GlintFox.945
Silver
Zerg
"Fear. Fear attracts the fearful… the strong… the weak… the innocent… the corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally." -Darth Maul
Smoot
Profile Joined April 2011
United States128 Posts
April 03 2012 23:44 GMT
#58
Stress.965

Gold - Zerg
RainSunShowers
Profile Joined August 2011
Norway152 Posts
April 03 2012 23:54 GMT
#59
On April 04 2012 08:19 howLiN wrote:
I think most of all it would be pretty cool to have this league as a regular thing, with seasons and relatively stable team rosters, so people could create bonds and rivalries. I've also proposed to create team logos and banners for everyone, so each team can have its identity. As for the format, I think the all-kill format is the best in creating storylines and excitement, though a proleague format would also be cool for showcasing each team's members.

I'm gonna try to organize some ideas that are bouncing in my head:

1. Stability
- Tournaments have fixed schedules and are relatively quick (I'm guessing 4-6 weeks per season if we're talking about 8 teams)
- Fixed number of players for each team; fixed number of possible player transactions between seasons (imagine if a team would have 10 players you could only drop/acquire up to 5 players in between seasons)

2. Teams identification
- Designated logos for each team comprising of colors and symbols chosen by the team
- Specific colors in-game for each team (like if a team chooses a logo with red, they would always play as the red player in the matches)

3. League format
- First stage: two groups of 4 teams, each group has matches in the GSL Code S format (5 matches instead of the 6 for a round robin)
- Second stage: the top two teams from each group go into a Ro4 bracket

4. Match format
- Bo6 all-kill format; if it goes to match 7 we'll have a Bo3 ace match (I think this format allows for the storylines of an all-kill format while creating new stories about individual players rivalries)

I maybe will make some graphics to better illustrate my idea, but for the time being what do you guys think?


I like 1 and 2, but i would rather have it something like proleague where every team play eachother 2 times so it creates a dynamic feeling.

All-kill in this type of tournament is not a good idea imo, the gold players would just dominate everyone.
Founder of CTL http://choboteamleague.enjin.com/home
Reedjr
Profile Joined April 2011
United States228 Posts
April 03 2012 23:57 GMT
#60
@
On April 04 2012 08:19 howLiN wrote:
I think most of all it would be pretty cool to have this league as a regular thing, with seasons and relatively stable team rosters, so people could create bonds and rivalries. I've also proposed to create team logos and banners for everyone, so each team can have its identity. As for the format, I think the all-kill format is the best in creating storylines and excitement, though a proleague format would also be cool for showcasing each team's members.

I'm gonna try to organize some ideas that are bouncing in my head:

1. Stability
- Tournaments have fixed schedules and are relatively quick (I'm guessing 4-6 weeks per season if we're talking about 8 teams)
- Fixed number of players for each team; fixed number of possible player transactions between seasons (imagine if a team would have 10 players you could only drop/acquire up to 5 players in between seasons)

2. Teams identification
- Designated logos for each team comprising of colors and symbols chosen by the team
- Specific colors in-game for each team (like if a team chooses a logo with red, they would always play as the red player in the matches)

3. League format
- First stage: two groups of 4 teams, each group has matches in the GSL Code S format (5 matches instead of the 6 for a round robin)
- Second stage: the top two teams from each group go into a Ro4 bracket

4. Match format
- Bo6 all-kill format; if it goes to match 7 we'll have a Bo3 ace match (I think this format allows for the storylines of an all-kill format while creating new stories about individual players rivalries)

I maybe will make some graphics to better illustrate my idea, but for the time being what do you guys think?


I absolutely love your idea for team colors. It's a small cosmetic thing, but I would love so much to see my big pink wrecking ball team leave all the other inferior colors strewn about like trash in our wake.

About stability, I think that's a pretty solid time frame (my estimate is 5 weeks per). Assuming this gets going, each team's captain can choose let's say 2 others to stay on their team, and then others go into a draft. Captains can step down if they want to switch teams.

I'm not sold on your league format, since a team having 3 potential matches in a week could be tough to work around. I guess I'm not entirely clear on your idea for an all-kill format with ace match, and I'm also not a fan of a system that can leave 2 players out without playing anything (again, I may be misunderstanding you).
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 15 16 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 387
RotterdaM64
Rex61
TKL 23
SteadfastSC19
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko304
RotterdaM 64
Rex 61
Codebar 41
TKL 23
SteadfastSC 19
ByuN 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 3199
Shuttle 1225
Bisu 762
Soulkey 679
Horang2 570
Jaedong 552
BeSt 414
actioN 334
Mong 329
Soma 253
[ Show more ]
firebathero 250
Stork 196
Larva 166
Rush 161
Mini 126
Last 112
Hyun 103
Zeus 92
Pusan 87
PianO 74
ZerO 73
Free 69
910 68
Mind 65
Shine 57
Snow 47
hero 40
sorry 40
Shinee 39
sSak 28
Sharp 28
Bale 22
Sexy 21
ToSsGirL 20
HiyA 20
ZergMaN 19
Hm[arnc] 10
Sacsri 9
Noble 7
JYJ 6
scan(afreeca) 6
yabsab 1
Dota 2
XcaliburYe277
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1434
shoxiejesuss730
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King241
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes242
Other Games
gofns45577
singsing1937
B2W.Neo210
DeMusliM180
Pyrionflax170
KnowMe140
Livibee140
Trikslyr22
ZerO(Twitch)6
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV175
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV279
League of Legends
• Jankos1204
Other Games
• Shiphtur479
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
4h 51m
The PondCast
22h 51m
INu's Battles
23h 51m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 11h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.