• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:08
CEST 11:08
KST 18:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7893 users

Video shows U.S. Marines urinating on bodies - Page 3

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Humanfails
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
224 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-12 01:40:12
January 12 2012 01:38 GMT
#41
On January 12 2012 10:34 zVooky wrote:
I dont really understand what people want from those guys, on 1 hand you want them to witness all the brutal stuff that comes with war and on the other hand you want them to be completely unaffected by that? It's NOT going to happen like that. Truth is those guys end up F'ed in the head. The STRONGEST of people will with enough war stuff going on.

Is it right? No, Is it wrong? well who the hell are we to judge? These guys that they're urinating on could be some guys that killed their best friends or harmed civilians.. its impossible to tell. Can't just take what the media says and go OH THATS TERRIBLE! Put yourself in those persons shoes for a min and maybe it wont completely make sense but somewhat make sense.



its called "not being psychologically fit to conduct warfare". Either they have the mentality of sociopathic monsters, or they gain one through warfare.

Arterial
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Australia1039 Posts
January 12 2012 01:40 GMT
#42
On January 12 2012 10:31 MasterBlasterCaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2012 10:24 Arterial wrote:
On January 12 2012 10:12 MasterBlasterCaster wrote:
On January 12 2012 09:58 Mohdoo wrote:
Source: http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/11/us/video-marines-urinating/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

Washington (CNN) -- A number of websites including TMZ and YouTube posted a video Wednesday showing four men dressed in U.S. Marine Corps combat gear urinating on the apparently dead bodies of three men sprawled on the ground in front of them.
One of the men says, "Have a great day, buddy." A voice asks, "You got it on the video?" to which another voice responds, "Yeah." Another jokes, "Golden, like a shower."


The US government has already commented on it and are currently investigating who did this.

If I may, I would like to do more than post the story, but also give my personal experience with a group of marines.

A friend of my girlfriend was getting married and my girlfriend was one of the bride's maids. As such, there was a get together the day before the wedding at their home for the brides maids and best men etc. As the boyfriend of a bride's maid, I had the pleasure of coming along as well. The man who she was marrying was a marine, and all of his best men were also marines who served together in Iraq or Afghanistan, I can't recall which. When I arrived, they were playing Resident Evil 4, I think. They would joke about how they pretended that the zombies were Muslims, and how they absolutely loved killing Muslims. One of them specifically mentioned how it made them feel amazing to kill Muslims, followed by the rest agreeing and talking about it. I was just kinda sitting on a chair in the living room, as they all sat on a couch. I was speechless and couldn't really wrap my mind around the fact that they meant what they were saying and really felt that way. They continued talking about how they hated Muslims and how much they miss killing them in the war. I could tell that they were being serious and saw nothing wrong with what they were saying. I know its hard to really describe, but I could tell they were being quite serious. The bride and groom were very religious, and the other marines seemed to be the same. I know that some, far from all, Christians see Muslim faith as a competitor of sorts. Nevertheless, the most disgusting behavior I've ever had the displeasure of of watching.

I don't like how just about any physically capable person can become a marine. I don't like that there are such low psychological and mental requirements. If someone is given, they need to be an outstanding person. The people shown in this video and the group of marines I described are certainly far from DECENT people. They bring shame to my country and I wish that there was more being done to prevent such people from serving.

Note: I do not feel these in the video or the ones I met in person represent Marines or the US military as a whole. However, these people were issued guns and were put in situations where they had the potential to harm civilians. This is beyond unacceptable. It shouldn't be so easy to be a marine. There have been similar incidents in the past as well.


1. What is wrong with pissing on bodies? I mean, it's unprofessional, and rude, but is there anything really morally wrong with it? It's a peace of dead meat. The person isn't inside that body any more.

2. Why include the ridiculous anecdotal story about some marines joking around while playing a game? I don't see how this connects with the article at all. Furthermore, I have heard a thousand variations of this same story a thousand times, and so that makes me wonder why you put it here even more.

3. You don't have to be nice to be a solider. On the contrary, the military would probably prefer having the nasty guy to the nice guy. The nice guy is good, but when it comes time to blow some people up and kill some people, you don't want someone who has a problem with killing. You want someone that wants to kill, likes to kill, and will kill.

4. It isn't easy being a soldier. We need soldiers though, and they don't need to be great people. They need to be killers. Killers, often, are not the greatest people. There aren't enough nice people who are also killers to fill the shoes that we need. Life sucks, move on.

Typed from the comfort of your home, no doubt.

1) Would you be okay with people pissing on your dead relatives bodies? They're just pieces of meat anyway right?
2) Let's say for example that you're of an asian background. Would you be okay with it if those guys were talking about killing asians?
3) This kind of logic sounds like something that's been brought up by hollywood movies.
4) Look at no.3.

Way to post a ignorant and one-sided post buddy.


What does me being at home have to do with anything?

1. My dead relatives are worm food right now. They are probably currently rotting. I don't see how rotting is better than being pissed on. I would laugh in someones face if they told me they pissed on my dead relatives body. It's a body. No one is being hurt by that.


And with that, the argument is over. Thanks for playing.
savior & jaedong
Tuneful
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States327 Posts
January 12 2012 01:40 GMT
#43
On January 12 2012 10:21 FFGenerations wrote:
They got a building down New York City, it's called Whitehall Street,
where you walk in, you get injected, inspected, detected, infected,
neglected and selected. I went down to get my physical examination one
day, and I walked in, I sat down, got good and drunk the night before, so
I looked and felt my best when I went in that morning. `Cause I wanted to
look like the all-American kid from New York City, man I wanted, I wanted
to feel like the all-, I wanted to be the all American kid from New York,
and I walked in, sat down, I was hung down, brung down, hung up, and all
kinds o' mean nasty ugly things. And I waked in and sat down and they gave
me a piece of paper, said, "Kid, see the phsychiatrist, room 604."

And I went up there, I said, "Shrink, I want to kill. I mean, I wanna, I
wanna kill. Kill. I wanna, I wanna see, I wanna see blood and gore and
guts and veins in my teeth. Eat dead burnt bodies. I mean kill, Kill,
KILL, KILL." And I started jumpin up and down yelling, "KILL, KILL," and
he started jumpin up and down with me and we was both jumping up and down
yelling, "KILL, KILL." And the sargent came over, pinned a medal on me,
sent me down the hall, said, "You're our boy."

Didn't feel too good about it.


You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~
"I play this game for three years, twelve hours a day - I shouldn't lose to these people"
MasterBlasterCaster
Profile Joined October 2011
United States568 Posts
January 12 2012 01:40 GMT
#44
On January 12 2012 10:40 Arterial wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2012 10:31 MasterBlasterCaster wrote:
On January 12 2012 10:24 Arterial wrote:
On January 12 2012 10:12 MasterBlasterCaster wrote:
On January 12 2012 09:58 Mohdoo wrote:
Source: http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/11/us/video-marines-urinating/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

Washington (CNN) -- A number of websites including TMZ and YouTube posted a video Wednesday showing four men dressed in U.S. Marine Corps combat gear urinating on the apparently dead bodies of three men sprawled on the ground in front of them.
One of the men says, "Have a great day, buddy." A voice asks, "You got it on the video?" to which another voice responds, "Yeah." Another jokes, "Golden, like a shower."


The US government has already commented on it and are currently investigating who did this.

If I may, I would like to do more than post the story, but also give my personal experience with a group of marines.

A friend of my girlfriend was getting married and my girlfriend was one of the bride's maids. As such, there was a get together the day before the wedding at their home for the brides maids and best men etc. As the boyfriend of a bride's maid, I had the pleasure of coming along as well. The man who she was marrying was a marine, and all of his best men were also marines who served together in Iraq or Afghanistan, I can't recall which. When I arrived, they were playing Resident Evil 4, I think. They would joke about how they pretended that the zombies were Muslims, and how they absolutely loved killing Muslims. One of them specifically mentioned how it made them feel amazing to kill Muslims, followed by the rest agreeing and talking about it. I was just kinda sitting on a chair in the living room, as they all sat on a couch. I was speechless and couldn't really wrap my mind around the fact that they meant what they were saying and really felt that way. They continued talking about how they hated Muslims and how much they miss killing them in the war. I could tell that they were being serious and saw nothing wrong with what they were saying. I know its hard to really describe, but I could tell they were being quite serious. The bride and groom were very religious, and the other marines seemed to be the same. I know that some, far from all, Christians see Muslim faith as a competitor of sorts. Nevertheless, the most disgusting behavior I've ever had the displeasure of of watching.

I don't like how just about any physically capable person can become a marine. I don't like that there are such low psychological and mental requirements. If someone is given, they need to be an outstanding person. The people shown in this video and the group of marines I described are certainly far from DECENT people. They bring shame to my country and I wish that there was more being done to prevent such people from serving.

Note: I do not feel these in the video or the ones I met in person represent Marines or the US military as a whole. However, these people were issued guns and were put in situations where they had the potential to harm civilians. This is beyond unacceptable. It shouldn't be so easy to be a marine. There have been similar incidents in the past as well.


1. What is wrong with pissing on bodies? I mean, it's unprofessional, and rude, but is there anything really morally wrong with it? It's a peace of dead meat. The person isn't inside that body any more.

2. Why include the ridiculous anecdotal story about some marines joking around while playing a game? I don't see how this connects with the article at all. Furthermore, I have heard a thousand variations of this same story a thousand times, and so that makes me wonder why you put it here even more.

3. You don't have to be nice to be a solider. On the contrary, the military would probably prefer having the nasty guy to the nice guy. The nice guy is good, but when it comes time to blow some people up and kill some people, you don't want someone who has a problem with killing. You want someone that wants to kill, likes to kill, and will kill.

4. It isn't easy being a soldier. We need soldiers though, and they don't need to be great people. They need to be killers. Killers, often, are not the greatest people. There aren't enough nice people who are also killers to fill the shoes that we need. Life sucks, move on.

Typed from the comfort of your home, no doubt.

1) Would you be okay with people pissing on your dead relatives bodies? They're just pieces of meat anyway right?
2) Let's say for example that you're of an asian background. Would you be okay with it if those guys were talking about killing asians?
3) This kind of logic sounds like something that's been brought up by hollywood movies.
4) Look at no.3.

Way to post a ignorant and one-sided post buddy.


What does me being at home have to do with anything?

1. My dead relatives are worm food right now. They are probably currently rotting. I don't see how rotting is better than being pissed on. I would laugh in someones face if they told me they pissed on my dead relatives body. It's a body. No one is being hurt by that.


And with that, the argument is over. Thanks for playing.

Why even bother posting then? I don't get the attitude...
Deleted User 183001
Profile Joined May 2011
2939 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-12 01:42:19
January 12 2012 01:41 GMT
#45
On January 12 2012 10:35 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2012 10:12 Teoman wrote:
On January 12 2012 10:00 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
These specific men are jerks (although not as detestable as the marines who threw the puppy over the cliff).

Marines, in general, are honorable men.


Soldiers in general, are brainwashed to imorality and mass murder. As OPs example shows.

I find the entire military system (at least where i come from) to be a childish, money sink.


For every 1 soldier you find pissing on a dead body, you can find a thousand more doing something honorable.

To say that they're trained to be "imoral" [sic] is just wrong. They're trained to overcome the horrors of battle, sure, but that doesn't mean they lose their morality.

If a marine pisses on a dead body, he was the type of guy who was (figuratively) pissing on dead bodies before he started fighting for our country. Don't generalize all military men as immoral jerks just because a few are.

With our society nowadays... ehh... I'd say morality on average is pretty shitty, especially when we're talking about the lower rungs of people in this regard.
zVooky
Profile Joined February 2011
United States151 Posts
January 12 2012 01:42 GMT
#46
On January 12 2012 10:38 Humanfails wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2012 10:34 zVooky wrote:
I dont really understand what people want from those guys, on 1 hand you want them to witness all the brutal stuff that comes with war and on the other hand you want them to be completely unaffected by that? It's NOT going to happen like that. Truth is those guys end up F'ed in the head. The STRONGEST of people will with enough war stuff going on.

Is it right? No, Is it wrong? well who the hell are we to judge? These guys that they're urinating on could be some guys that killed their best friends or harmed civilians.. its impossible to tell. Can't just take what the media says and go OH THATS TERRIBLE! Put yourself in those persons shoes for a min and maybe it wont completely make sense but somewhat make sense.



its called "not being psychologically fit to conduct warfare". Either they have the mentality of sociopathic monsters, or they gain one through warfare.




Yes but its the guys they bash as "monsters" that protect the country to begin with and give it freedom. Look at some of the stories of stonings and such from other countries, ever wonder why that doesn't happen in the US like it does else where? Sorry but freedom is won with wars and these people you call monsters. I would never want to be put in the situation they are and thus I will never condemn their actions as I know not what these people have gone through.
calgar
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States1277 Posts
January 12 2012 01:43 GMT
#47
I don't like how just about any physically capable person can become a marine. I don't like that there are such low psychological and mental requirements. If someone is given, they need to be an outstanding person. The people shown in this video and the group of marines I described are certainly far from DECENT people. They bring shame to my country and I wish that there was more being done to prevent such people from serving.
Yo, just wanted to play devils advocate here and defend them. It's pretty easy to come down on their actions (its created a media shitstorm for obvious reasons, and I bet they will be caught since its already been narrowed to sniper teams) and judge them as a result. Disrespecting the dead goes against just about every culture. I think its short-sighted and naive to say that they are terrible people though. War can mess with people and their mental states in serious ways. Maybe they were upstanding and moral before and have since changed after stress and violence like seeing friends killed in front of them.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46478 Posts
January 12 2012 01:47 GMT
#48
On January 12 2012 10:41 JudicatorHammurabi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2012 10:35 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On January 12 2012 10:12 Teoman wrote:
On January 12 2012 10:00 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
These specific men are jerks (although not as detestable as the marines who threw the puppy over the cliff).

Marines, in general, are honorable men.


Soldiers in general, are brainwashed to imorality and mass murder. As OPs example shows.

I find the entire military system (at least where i come from) to be a childish, money sink.


For every 1 soldier you find pissing on a dead body, you can find a thousand more doing something honorable.

To say that they're trained to be "imoral" [sic] is just wrong. They're trained to overcome the horrors of battle, sure, but that doesn't mean they lose their morality.

If a marine pisses on a dead body, he was the type of guy who was (figuratively) pissing on dead bodies before he started fighting for our country. Don't generalize all military men as immoral jerks just because a few are.

With our society nowadays... ehh... I'd say morality on average is pretty shitty, especially when we're talking about the lower rungs of people in this regard.


I'm not saying that everyone gives away money and does selfless charity work every week, but I'd think that most people (especially military personnel, who are held up to a higher standard) don't commit tremendously heinous or immoral deeds (rather subjective, but take that however you want it- like throwing dogs off cliffs or desecrating dead bodies).
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
gosuRob
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States319 Posts
January 12 2012 01:49 GMT
#49
I'm part of the military myself (Navy) and I know quite a few marines and this does not surprise me at all LOL. The dude definitely just did this so he'd have another story to tell his unit haha, I hope he doesn't get in any trouble. Some people get so sensitive about shit like this though it's crazy.
Rules? There aren't many rules. You fight mean, you win mean. It takes a certain someone
Alryk
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States2718 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-12 01:53:03
January 12 2012 01:52 GMT
#50
Soldiers in general, are brainwashed to imorality and mass murder. As OPs example shows.

I find the entire military system (at least where i come from) to be a childish, money sink.


As somebody who has nearly been shot out of the sky, with a father who was shot at in the first gulf war, and with a son who is about to enter the Air Force Academy, I find this absolutely extraordinarily offensive.

Don't try and judge soldiers like civilians. You have no idea what the marines and soldiers on the ground go through, and what they have to suffer through every day. If you aren't haunted nightly by the memories of the faces of people that you've bombed, shot, or had shot, then judge lightly. The vast majority of soldiers, airmen, sailors, and marines fight because they believe in something. We aren't bred for mass murder.

Have some more respect (especially those of you in the United States) please. I'm not trying to condone the actions of the people in the OP (I think it is despicable), but please lump them in with the minority, and not the vast majority.
Team Liquid, IM, ViOlet!
ampson
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2355 Posts
January 12 2012 01:54 GMT
#51
Of course these idiots were dumb enough to make a video.
Mohdoo
Profile Joined August 2007
United States15743 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-12 01:56:28
January 12 2012 01:56 GMT
#52
On January 12 2012 10:43 calgar wrote:
Show nested quote +
I don't like how just about any physically capable person can become a marine. I don't like that there are such low psychological and mental requirements. If someone is given, they need to be an outstanding person. The people shown in this video and the group of marines I described are certainly far from DECENT people. They bring shame to my country and I wish that there was more being done to prevent such people from serving.
Yo, just wanted to play devils advocate here and defend them. It's pretty easy to come down on their actions (its created a media shitstorm for obvious reasons, and I bet they will be caught since its already been narrowed to sniper teams) and judge them as a result. Disrespecting the dead goes against just about every culture. I think its short-sighted and naive to say that they are terrible people though. War can mess with people and their mental states in serious ways. Maybe they were upstanding and moral before and have since changed after stress and violence like seeing friends killed in front of them.

Then they weren't fit for duty. My point in the OP is that soldiers who are not fit for duty are continuing to serve. I don't care who they used to be. People in their situation should be admitted to a psychiatric facility and dealt with, just as any other person would. There need to be stricter standards for when someone is considered good enough to represent our country as a solider.
Silidons
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2813 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-12 02:00:56
January 12 2012 01:57 GMT
#53
On January 12 2012 10:00 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
These specific men are jerks (although not as detestable as the marines who threw the puppy over the cliff).

Marines, in general, are honorable men.

Funny because many of the people from my High School that went into the Army/Marines were fucking assholes.

On January 12 2012 10:52 Alryk wrote:
Don't try and judge soldiers like civilians. You have no idea what the marines and soldiers on the ground go through, and what they have to suffer through every day. If you aren't haunted nightly by the memories of the faces of people that you've bombed, shot, or had shot, then judge lightly. The vast majority of soldiers, airmen, sailors, and marines fight because they believe in something. We aren't bred for mass murder.

Have some more respect (especially those of you in the United States) please. I'm not trying to condone the actions of the people in the OP (I think it is despicable), but please lump them in with the minority, and not the vast majority.


So soldiers are better than civilians? I personally don't look up to any soldiers fighting in the current middle eastern wars because they aren't actually fighting for my freedom. We actually haven't had a fight for our freedom in ages. Many soldiers have the same problem cops do - they think they are higher up than civilians. It doesn't work that way sorry.

Many people actually enjoy being in the army etc because they like guns, and get to shoot people.
"God fights on the side with the best artillery." - Napoleon Bonaparte
redviper
Profile Joined May 2010
Pakistan2333 Posts
January 12 2012 01:57 GMT
#54
On January 12 2012 10:42 zVooky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2012 10:38 Humanfails wrote:
On January 12 2012 10:34 zVooky wrote:
I dont really understand what people want from those guys, on 1 hand you want them to witness all the brutal stuff that comes with war and on the other hand you want them to be completely unaffected by that? It's NOT going to happen like that. Truth is those guys end up F'ed in the head. The STRONGEST of people will with enough war stuff going on.

Is it right? No, Is it wrong? well who the hell are we to judge? These guys that they're urinating on could be some guys that killed their best friends or harmed civilians.. its impossible to tell. Can't just take what the media says and go OH THATS TERRIBLE! Put yourself in those persons shoes for a min and maybe it wont completely make sense but somewhat make sense.



its called "not being psychologically fit to conduct warfare". Either they have the mentality of sociopathic monsters, or they gain one through warfare.




Yes but its the guys they bash as "monsters" that protect the country to begin with and give it freedom. Look at some of the stories of stonings and such from other countries, ever wonder why that doesn't happen in the US like it does else where? Sorry but freedom is won with wars and these people you call monsters. I would never want to be put in the situation they are and thus I will never condemn their actions as I know not what these people have gone through.


Pretty sure soldiers have nothing to do with not having monstrous acts like stoning happen. It is the constitution of the US that has given americans the opportunity to no longer sink to that level (though it wasn't that long ago when lynchings were happening in the south). Your founding fathers would have thrown away everything if they had relied only on war to win their freedom. Instead they relied on creating a constitution that enshrined (albeit in a bigoted way to go with the times) the freedoms that soldier could never have gotten them. That is why Washington resigned his commission after winning and why he spoke against involvement in foreign wars. This is why Hamilton spoke against standing armies in Fed 26.

Honestly even the American status as a superpower has little to do with soldiers and everything to do with the technological base and the industrial capacity.
hp.Shell
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2527 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-12 01:58:25
January 12 2012 01:58 GMT
#55
Please PM me with any songs you like that you think I haven't heard before!
reddog1999
Profile Joined June 2009
United States143 Posts
January 12 2012 01:58 GMT
#56
While I would not partake in this kind of behavior, one must look at all the facts and realize ptsd does bring out the worse in a lot of people. Remember that the enemy has also desecrated our bodies time and time again including beheading. Not saying it's right, but on a large scale these small occurring events are not that big and wide spread considering the fact of how long the war has been going on.

As for your wedding friends, first they were playing a video game and were probably out of context having a bit "to much" fun. Racism is a huge problem that stems from war and there is nothing that can be done about that, when you are witnessing many events of death or hostile actions against you or what you must do yourself, racism just happens. It sucks.
Alryk
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States2718 Posts
January 12 2012 01:58 GMT
#57
On January 12 2012 10:38 Humanfails wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2012 10:34 zVooky wrote:
I dont really understand what people want from those guys, on 1 hand you want them to witness all the brutal stuff that comes with war and on the other hand you want them to be completely unaffected by that? It's NOT going to happen like that. Truth is those guys end up F'ed in the head. The STRONGEST of people will with enough war stuff going on.

Is it right? No, Is it wrong? well who the hell are we to judge? These guys that they're urinating on could be some guys that killed their best friends or harmed civilians.. its impossible to tell. Can't just take what the media says and go OH THATS TERRIBLE! Put yourself in those persons shoes for a min and maybe it wont completely make sense but somewhat make sense.



its called "not being psychologically fit to conduct warfare". Either they have the mentality of sociopathic monsters, or they gain one through warfare.



You know this from personal experience do you?
Team Liquid, IM, ViOlet!
ChinaRestaurant
Profile Joined May 2008
Austria324 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-12 01:59:10
January 12 2012 01:58 GMT
#58
On January 12 2012 10:31 MasterBlasterCaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2012 10:24 Arterial wrote:
On January 12 2012 10:12 MasterBlasterCaster wrote:
On January 12 2012 09:58 Mohdoo wrote:
Source: http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/11/us/video-marines-urinating/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

Washington (CNN) -- A number of websites including TMZ and YouTube posted a video Wednesday showing four men dressed in U.S. Marine Corps combat gear urinating on the apparently dead bodies of three men sprawled on the ground in front of them.
One of the men says, "Have a great day, buddy." A voice asks, "You got it on the video?" to which another voice responds, "Yeah." Another jokes, "Golden, like a shower."


The US government has already commented on it and are currently investigating who did this.

If I may, I would like to do more than post the story, but also give my personal experience with a group of marines.

A friend of my girlfriend was getting married and my girlfriend was one of the bride's maids. As such, there was a get together the day before the wedding at their home for the brides maids and best men etc. As the boyfriend of a bride's maid, I had the pleasure of coming along as well. The man who she was marrying was a marine, and all of his best men were also marines who served together in Iraq or Afghanistan, I can't recall which. When I arrived, they were playing Resident Evil 4, I think. They would joke about how they pretended that the zombies were Muslims, and how they absolutely loved killing Muslims. One of them specifically mentioned how it made them feel amazing to kill Muslims, followed by the rest agreeing and talking about it. I was just kinda sitting on a chair in the living room, as they all sat on a couch. I was speechless and couldn't really wrap my mind around the fact that they meant what they were saying and really felt that way. They continued talking about how they hated Muslims and how much they miss killing them in the war. I could tell that they were being serious and saw nothing wrong with what they were saying. I know its hard to really describe, but I could tell they were being quite serious. The bride and groom were very religious, and the other marines seemed to be the same. I know that some, far from all, Christians see Muslim faith as a competitor of sorts. Nevertheless, the most disgusting behavior I've ever had the displeasure of of watching.

I don't like how just about any physically capable person can become a marine. I don't like that there are such low psychological and mental requirements. If someone is given, they need to be an outstanding person. The people shown in this video and the group of marines I described are certainly far from DECENT people. They bring shame to my country and I wish that there was more being done to prevent such people from serving.

Note: I do not feel these in the video or the ones I met in person represent Marines or the US military as a whole. However, these people were issued guns and were put in situations where they had the potential to harm civilians. This is beyond unacceptable. It shouldn't be so easy to be a marine. There have been similar incidents in the past as well.


1. What is wrong with pissing on bodies? I mean, it's unprofessional, and rude, but is there anything really morally wrong with it? It's a peace of dead meat. The person isn't inside that body any more.

2. Why include the ridiculous anecdotal story about some marines joking around while playing a game? I don't see how this connects with the article at all. Furthermore, I have heard a thousand variations of this same story a thousand times, and so that makes me wonder why you put it here even more.

3. You don't have to be nice to be a solider. On the contrary, the military would probably prefer having the nasty guy to the nice guy. The nice guy is good, but when it comes time to blow some people up and kill some people, you don't want someone who has a problem with killing. You want someone that wants to kill, likes to kill, and will kill.

4. It isn't easy being a soldier. We need soldiers though, and they don't need to be great people. They need to be killers. Killers, often, are not the greatest people. There aren't enough nice people who are also killers to fill the shoes that we need. Life sucks, move on.

Typed from the comfort of your home, no doubt.

1) Would you be okay with people pissing on your dead relatives bodies? They're just pieces of meat anyway right?
2) Let's say for example that you're of an asian background. Would you be okay with it if those guys were talking about killing asians?
3) This kind of logic sounds like something that's been brought up by hollywood movies.
4) Look at no.3.

Way to post a ignorant and one-sided post buddy.


What does me being at home have to do with anything?

1. My dead relatives are worm food right now. They are probably currently rotting. I don't see how rotting is better than being pissed on. I would laugh in someones face if they told me they pissed on my dead relatives body. It's a body. No one is being hurt by that.

2. I don't believe the OP's story. I think he made it up on the spot. But even if it is true, so what? I wasn't there so I can't comment. Probably they were joking.

3. IDK what to tell you. Go join the military.

4. So you think the military isn't about killing?


What? No the military isnt about killing. Its task is defending the nation that supports it. Killing might be a side effect of that but its not the reason a military exists. Also the military has different branches as well. Humanitarian, scientific, it renders aid in case of natural or artificial disasters etc.
SPAAAAAAACE
dudeman001
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States2412 Posts
January 12 2012 01:59 GMT
#59
Has there ever been a conquering army that respected the people they invade? I can't think of one.
Sup.
MasterBlasterCaster
Profile Joined October 2011
United States568 Posts
January 12 2012 02:00 GMT
#60
On January 12 2012 10:56 Mohdoo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2012 10:43 calgar wrote:
I don't like how just about any physically capable person can become a marine. I don't like that there are such low psychological and mental requirements. If someone is given, they need to be an outstanding person. The people shown in this video and the group of marines I described are certainly far from DECENT people. They bring shame to my country and I wish that there was more being done to prevent such people from serving.
Yo, just wanted to play devils advocate here and defend them. It's pretty easy to come down on their actions (its created a media shitstorm for obvious reasons, and I bet they will be caught since its already been narrowed to sniper teams) and judge them as a result. Disrespecting the dead goes against just about every culture. I think its short-sighted and naive to say that they are terrible people though. War can mess with people and their mental states in serious ways. Maybe they were upstanding and moral before and have since changed after stress and violence like seeing friends killed in front of them.

Then they weren't fit for duty. My point in the OP is that soldiers who are not fit for duty are continuing to serve. I don't care who they used to be. People in their situation should be admitted to a psychiatric facility and dealt with, just as any other person would. There need to be stricter standards for when someone is considered good enough to represent our country as a solider.

Why are they not fit for duty? Who did they hurt?

What standards do you think the military has, and how should they be changed? Why should they be changed?
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 52m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
firebathero 1369
Hyuk 449
Bisu 260
Dewaltoss 92
Leta 79
Larva 65
Killer 63
EffOrt 45
soO 43
ZerO 41
[ Show more ]
Yoon 38
Sharp 35
ToSsGirL 35
Aegong 32
Soma 30
Sexy 30
Bale 26
Light 20
Hm[arnc] 16
Sacsri 14
NaDa 11
JulyZerg 7
Terrorterran 1
Dota 2
Fuzer 127
League of Legends
JimRising 428
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss928
byalli635
kRYSTAL_35
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor998
crisheroes266
Other Games
gofns11345
summit1g9105
singsing1380
olofmeister951
ceh9643
Mew2King90
ArmadaUGS46
ZerO(Twitch)8
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream151
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2384
League of Legends
• Rush1106
• Stunt408
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
3h 52m
OSC
12h 52m
CranKy Ducklings
1d
Online Event
1d 1h
FEL
1d 6h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 7h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 9h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.