• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:54
CEST 04:54
KST 11:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Rp8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6659 users

[IEM SPOILER] Oh the IdrA hate... - Page 3

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 20 21 22 Next All
Ises
Profile Joined October 2011
131 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-04 12:38:23
October 04 2011 12:38 GMT
#41
He don't mind being "hated" AFAIK. I also think it's just pointless bashing and not "hate".
Some of his BM from his stream for instance are just for entertainment really. He can't seriously believe Minigun doesn't deserve wins when he have lost so many series to him :D

But still it's very annoying every time he lose and the idra bashers goes on gloat mode...
Mordiford
Profile Joined April 2011
4448 Posts
October 04 2011 12:38 GMT
#42
On October 04 2011 21:33 HystericaLaughter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 04 2011 21:28 eYeball wrote:
Sorry but this thread is pretty horrible, should we discuss the idra hate? Can you show some few examples of it or something? I haven't really noticed the last couple days....


http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=268904
Look at the poll for 'who doesnt deserve to be on this list'

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=271737
This is a little ridiculous but it does show what I'm talking about


So you find one conspiracy theorist moron and another poll highlighting that people don't think he should be considered one of the best foreigners? I think most of the people in the upper poll are better than IdrA, particularly when that poll was made, based on results. It's nothing mind blowing.
marttorn
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Norway5211 Posts
October 04 2011 12:39 GMT
#43
On October 04 2011 21:26 svefnleysi wrote:
He's a bad mannered egomaniac and you're surprised people don't like him?

Now that he has some results (I'm not counting IPL season 1 as "results") maybe he can afford a bit more to act the way he does.

However, a win is a win, and people shouldn't be taking away from that. Congrats to Idra.


He won MLG DC in 2010, two showmatches (against HuK and QXC respectively) and USA IeSF qualifier in addition to the first IPL. Most of the respect people have for him comes from him being one of the few foreigners to go to Korea and join a pro-team in BW.

He wasn't particularly successful in BW, staying on CJ's B-team for the longest time if I can recall, but he got further than 90% of all "good" foreigners ever did.

So there is plenty of reason to respect IdrA as a player, I didn't even mention his good GSL finish. He hasn't been performing very well recently, so people try to come up with excuses for him winning IEM now and just hate on him more, as far as I understand anyway.
memes are a dish best served dank
Sith Inquisitor
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany113 Posts
October 04 2011 12:39 GMT
#44
WoW he won a tournament against more bad players. GZ! I bet the fanboys would open threads like that even if he won CraftCup #594 for 10$

User was temp banned for this post.
♥ MVP_Keen ♥ oGs.MC ♥ LiquidTLO ♥ mouzThorZain ♥
Hider
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Denmark9448 Posts
October 04 2011 12:39 GMT
#45
On October 04 2011 21:27 tnud wrote:
Well, I can't speak for others but, as what you might call an IdrA hater I can't stand him. He's complaining way to much, which eggs on his legion of fans to bring up non-issues. He's a poor loser (to say the least), a pretty bad winner and his fighting spirit is horrible.

He IS a very good zerg, I know that. But I will forever root for the opposing player until IdrA learns how to be a winner and not just a "solid macro zerg". Cheese once in a while god damn it, something different. :/


So you dont like people who prefers to try to win becasue they have better mechanics, instead of relying on coinflips? Stupid opinion imo.
BioNova
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States598 Posts
October 04 2011 12:40 GMT
#46
I don't hate Idra. I think of him like a little brother... a lil brother i would take out back and put a whoopin on till he learned some respect for the opposition. It's the reason why i have respect for Spanishiwa. Respectful 85% of the time. Everyone slips.
I used to like trumpets, now I prefer pause. "Don't move a muscle JP!"
ThyHate
Profile Joined September 2011
240 Posts
October 04 2011 12:40 GMT
#47
this tournament was dumb, there were no good terrans (puma getting worse) and the winner almost didn't make it out of his group
HystericaLaughter
Profile Joined September 2011
Australia720 Posts
October 04 2011 12:40 GMT
#48
On October 04 2011 21:38 Mordiford wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 04 2011 21:33 HystericaLaughter wrote:
On October 04 2011 21:28 eYeball wrote:
Sorry but this thread is pretty horrible, should we discuss the idra hate? Can you show some few examples of it or something? I haven't really noticed the last couple days....


http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=268904
Look at the poll for 'who doesnt deserve to be on this list'

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=271737
This is a little ridiculous but it does show what I'm talking about


So you find one conspiracy theorist moron and another poll highlighting that people don't think he should be considered one of the best foreigners? I think most of the people in the upper poll are better than IdrA, particularly when that poll was made, based on results. It's nothing mind blowing.


Theres obviously more... I just quickly quoted you with a couple of examples.
My wife for hire! - Zealot
Ostby
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway38 Posts
October 04 2011 12:40 GMT
#49
I love Idra, he is a sick nerd baller. I see the people that dont like him as stuck up bible bashing maniacs.
Ruscour
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
5233 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-04 12:41:39
October 04 2011 12:40 GMT
#50
I don't have a problem with him, I have a problem with his fans and the way the community reacts to him...he says 'fuck' or 'bad' and 20k people jizz and run straight to Reddit. He leaves a game too early and that becomes the main event of the tournament and not the other players competing...to be honest I personally think (tinfoil hat style) that IdrA is purely a character designed to manipulate the gullible inflated ego hivemind that this community has, but that's pretty conspiracy-ish.

I'm a huge fan of EG and when IdrA isn't making ludicrous balance claims, he seems like a great guy from Inside the Game and other stuff. I just don't like the consequences of his actions in the community.

EDIT: To sum my point up, "most of my fans are pretty retarded" - Greg "IdrA" Fields
PresenceSc2
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia4032 Posts
October 04 2011 12:40 GMT
#51
On October 04 2011 21:16 HystericaLaughter wrote:
Am I the only person who is a little bit surprised by how negative the community is towards one player? I know IdrA is very outspoken on balance and how he feels Protoss is hugely overpowered versus Zerg, but is that really a good enough excuse for all the negative comments he receives?

IEM spoiler:
+ Show Spoiler +
Only a few hours ago IdrA won IEM, and in that time there has been so much de-legitimising of his series against Puma. People don't seem to recognise just how phenomenaly he played and think that Puma cannot be outplayed and every mistake he made was part of his plan to throw the series. Noticeably on the 'best foreigner poll' thread and that hilarious conspiracy theory thread that the now banned Spasticated made.


I want to hear from those who think he is a bad player exactly why they think so. Because I personally think he is a fantastic player, who has a matchup lagging significantly behind the other two. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and if they think he is overrated that is fine of course, but denying the fact that he is a top foreigner is a bit silly imo.


Umm, i think most people are happy to see IdrA win and you are taking some trolls way too seriously.....
Stephano//HerO//TaeJa//Squirtle//Bomber
Hetz
Profile Joined September 2010
196 Posts
October 04 2011 12:41 GMT
#52
Idra is a great player. Protoss indeed is way to easy being way too strong. The effort put into vs the reward, thats what he is trying to say, and he is totally right.

Besides, since the last patch, I heard zerg win rates vs protoss are dropping at an amazing rate.
sVnteen
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany2238 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-04 12:42:37
October 04 2011 12:42 GMT
#53
idra is a great player i dont think anyone non-biased will disagree with that statement

the reason he gets so much hate is because he is so emotionally and yet so good
MY LIFE STARTS NOW ♥
Capook
Profile Joined April 2010
United States122 Posts
October 04 2011 12:43 GMT
#54
I don't think idra is an egomaniac in any way. He rages when he loses and is bm, but there isn't too much else. Other than that he is just honest about his opinions of his abilities and those of others. This includes assessments of weakness in himself, as well as in strength. He said very clearly that he didn't expect to beat puma because puma is really good. I find idra to be very reasonable at all times except after losing a game.
Ruscour
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
5233 Posts
October 04 2011 12:43 GMT
#55
On October 04 2011 21:41 Hetz wrote:
Idra is a great player. Protoss indeed is way to easy being way too strong. The effort put into vs the reward, thats what he is trying to say, and he is totally right.

Besides, since the last patch, I heard zerg win rates vs protoss are dropping at an amazing rate.

I don't know what you heard, exactly. This is a catastrophically idiotic post claiming something that is not only completely irrelevant but also straight-up moronic.

"way to easy being way too strong"? You mean like PuMa's favourite build that no Protoss can hold?
zul
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Germany5427 Posts
October 04 2011 12:43 GMT
#56
On October 04 2011 21:33 HystericaLaughter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 04 2011 21:28 eYeball wrote:
Sorry but this thread is pretty horrible, should we discuss the idra hate? Can you show some few examples of it or something? I haven't really noticed the last couple days....


http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=268904
Look at the poll for 'who doesnt deserve to be on this list'

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=271737
This is a little ridiculous but it does show what I'm talking about

the thread (your 2. link) is awful and means nothing, the poll whatsoever is legit. is IdrA skilled? yes. are other people skilled too? yes. now it comes to personal preferences, but they dont count for shit, results do. It`s a poll - nothing more. If people think he is overrated, it is just that and has nothing to do with hate. there may be some people, who have strong feelings against him, but those people probably have been insulted by IdrA in the first place.
keep it deep! @zulison
Benzzro
Profile Joined August 2011
Australia167 Posts
October 04 2011 12:43 GMT
#57
On October 04 2011 21:41 Hetz wrote:
Idra is a great player. Protoss indeed is way to easy being way too strong. The effort put into vs the reward, thats what he is trying to say, and he is totally right.

Besides, since the last patch, I heard zerg win rates vs protoss are dropping at an amazing rate.


Yes that's clearly shown in the GSL and all, another sheep that sits on Idra's lap
Ucs
Profile Joined October 2010
264 Posts
October 04 2011 12:43 GMT
#58
The fact that he dosent have a proffesional attitude(he often quits games midgame) makes him fun to watch and easy to hate. I only watch Idra so I can see him lose. I do not rank him even close to the really good koreans but I guess he is one of the best foreigners even thou I hate to say that since his attitude and to be honest over all results lately show that he is not really fit to fill the role of top 5 foreigners.
Phenrock
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom132 Posts
October 04 2011 12:44 GMT
#59
I'm not sure how much we can get out of this thread.

There will always be haters on the internet, whether it's down to it being cool, jealousy, just trolling for laughs. When someone has a rather large fanbase, they'll get a lot of attention from them.

I don't see why you need to understand this....
JayJay_90
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany1632 Posts
October 04 2011 12:44 GMT
#60
Not sure if it's a good idea to post in a thread by an idra fanboy, but let's see...
This may contain IEM spoilers.
+ Show Spoiler +

I didn't see any of Idra's games at IEM except for the final so I can't comment on his game vs. Puma or any other series. On the best foreigner at the moment poll: His results in the last couple of months before this IEM simply did not justify to put him up there, nor did the way he played in that time. He was still a good player but nowhere near the best foreigner. This one event is not suddenly gonna make him the best, but he probably earned his spot in the list. We've got to see if he can be consistent from now on though. He even looked unstable in the groupstage of IEM and only started to really perform well in the RO8.

I'm not an Idra fanboy, nor am I a hater. I do like how he's not afraid to give his honest opinion. That's a great character trait imo. I don't like his attitude towards balance (whining about zerg being so weak especially vs. toss when other players don't seem to have a problem in that matchup and toss is considered to be the weakest race). Saying stuff like "Zerg is not supposed to win" is just stupid.
I'm not really sure if there's that much Idra hate as you think or if you just take every negative or just objective statement about him as "hating". I'm neutral towards Idra as a player and I acknowledge his skill, but I don't like fanatic fanboys, that's why sometimes it's nice to see him lose, just to not have to bear with 20 pages of unjustified hyping.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 20 21 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 6m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2470
NotJumperer 12
Dota 2
monkeys_forever858
NeuroSwarm219
Other Games
summit1g6293
Coldzera 773
Day[9].tv738
JimRising 678
C9.Mang0402
PiGStarcraft260
ArmadaUGS50
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick991
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream345
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo237
Other Games
• Day9tv738
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h 6m
Afreeca Starleague
7h 6m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
21h 6m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 8h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.