• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:44
CEST 17:44
KST 00:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War535.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7939 users

Why do you still play SCBW - Page 2

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-04 08:28:37
July 04 2011 08:27 GMT
#21
On July 04 2011 17:18 kalany wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2011 17:16 Tenhou wrote:
Others: Because it's more fun.


I don't get it though. How is it more fun? Visually, it hurts my eyes just watching BW now.


If you're one of those "good graphics = good game" kids that swallow every new EA release, it will be hard to understand why we still play this game. Ignore this if that wasn't what you meant. actually this is what you mean, lol

For me, the game is more challenging, the units have more personality, and I enjoy watching pros pull off maneuvers that I know I could never do. Also I personally hate how the SC2 units look, all 3D-ishly cartoony and smooth :|
J1.au
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Australia3596 Posts
July 04 2011 08:27 GMT
#22
On July 04 2011 17:25 kalany wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2011 17:19 Kiante wrote:
The game is more fun. Also there is noone in the foreign community playing BW professionally anymore. only in korea, and they dont need saving, they're doing fine



Dude....don't try to have this debate with me man. You can't say that SCBW isn't going to dissipate as soon as contracts expire and key star players (Flash, Jaedong, Bisu) enlist in the military. Didn't Hite and some other team get absorbed already?

I don't know man....it's not looking good for you guys.

It's clear you don't know what you're talking about. Also that last line feels pretty trollish.
Black[CAT]
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Malaysia2589 Posts
July 04 2011 08:27 GMT
#23
On July 04 2011 17:25 kalany wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2011 17:19 Kiante wrote:
The game is more fun. Also there is noone in the foreign community playing BW professionally anymore. only in korea, and they dont need saving, they're doing fine



Dude....don't try to have this debate with me man. You can't say that SCBW isn't going to dissipate as soon as contracts expire and key star players (Flash, Jaedong, Bisu) enlist in the military. Didn't Hite and some other team get absorbed already?

I don't know man....it's not looking good for you guys.


You dont really know the scene do you? I have Korean friends, and from what I observed, it is not just the TBLS that is the reason for pro-BW to still exist.
You mean ESPORTS isnt a synonym for SC2? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ -Proud owner of a Filco Majestouch 2 with Cherry Blue Switches- BW or SC2? Why not both?
kalany
Profile Joined June 2011
United States149 Posts
July 04 2011 08:29 GMT
#24
Haha, nah. I actually play SCII in lowest settings because it does get distracting. But as a watcher of pro matches, I like the graphics to be souped up. You can blame that on the 27" Samsung HDTV I purchased before I went to college which probably gives away my age too.

At this point, I feel like a Christian trying to convert a Jew
"There is no spoon."
setzer
Profile Joined March 2010
United States3284 Posts
July 04 2011 08:29 GMT
#25
Troll OP. Please close this, his only intention is to argue with people and make his points about how stupid people are to follow/play BW and not SC2.
edc
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States666 Posts
July 04 2011 08:30 GMT
#26
I play BW occasionally simply to take a break from laddering. It's also quite fun, especially with the old graphics.
“There are two kinds of people in this world, those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.” - Clint Eastwood
Spica
Profile Joined December 2010
United States5582 Posts
July 04 2011 08:31 GMT
#27
I feel that nothing good will come out of this thread... -__-
How to pronounce the name: "SPY-ka" | Proud to share the same birthday with Shin (神) Dong Won and the almighty BoxeR | 리쌍도 나무에서 떨어진다. | To YellOw: "2位じゃダメなんですか?" ㅋㅋㅋ | Rest in peace, Violet. 08/23/12
FractalsOnFire
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Australia1756 Posts
July 04 2011 08:31 GMT
#28
Yeah judging by his replies and the OP itself, seems so much like a troll...
puppykiller
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States3137 Posts
July 04 2011 08:31 GMT
#29
Nigga u high or some shit?
Why would I play sctoo when I can play BW?
Rhaegar99
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Australia1190 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-04 08:33:51
July 04 2011 08:31 GMT
#30
Coming from a spectator of both BW and SC2.

BW has more action IMO. The only real action match in SC2 is probably TvT, where both sides have plenty of opportunity to pressure, turtle, have a defenders advantage, harass, and be able to do multipronged attacks effectively. You rarely see this in any of the other match ups in SC2.
Lightwip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5497 Posts
July 04 2011 08:32 GMT
#31
Simply because it's a fun game to play and when I play any other Blizzard games, I think, "Why play this when I can just play BW?"
If you are not Bisu, chances are I hate you.
Lumire
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States607 Posts
July 04 2011 08:32 GMT
#32
This poll is an insult to everyone who still plays BW, i cant understand what was going through your mind when you posted this.
The reason we play it is because we like it better, why else...
|| o.o
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-04 08:33:18
July 04 2011 08:32 GMT
#33
because it's the better game in terms of strategic depth, graphics, sound and fun level.

13 years of developing strategy, with still new strategies and builds popping out once in a while. that goes to say something.

i honestly prefer sc:bw graphics over the sc2 3D clusterfuck that it is. it's not easily distinguishable and everything blends in way too perfectly into the background.

sound in bw is crisp. just compare a peak battle period's sound over SC2's. every attack, every unit death, every spell cast is crisp in bw. makes you feel more real and into the game.

and lastly, it's just more fun and challenging.

judging from your posts, OP, you're just out here to troll the BW community. haters gonna hate.


On July 04 2011 17:29 kalany wrote:
At this point, I feel like a Christian trying to convert a Jew


yes you should, now someone close this blasphemy of a thread
POGGERS
kalany
Profile Joined June 2011
United States149 Posts
July 04 2011 08:32 GMT
#34
On July 04 2011 17:29 setzer wrote:
Troll OP. Please close this, his only intention is to argue with people and make his points about how stupid people are to follow/play BW and not SC2.



What the heck?

Okay, the reason I ask this is because I have a solution to protect the livelihoods of pro BW players. I think I'll reveal it now because you guys are accusing me of things.


I think KESPA should contract a really good mapmaker and get him to recreate SCBW on SCII engine. Hence, the game improves graphically but the gameplay remains the same.
"There is no spoon."
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-04 08:34:11
July 04 2011 08:33 GMT
#35
On July 04 2011 17:32 kalany wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2011 17:29 setzer wrote:
Troll OP. Please close this, his only intention is to argue with people and make his points about how stupid people are to follow/play BW and not SC2.



What the heck?

Okay, the reason I ask this is because I have a solution to protect the livelihoods of pro BW players. I think I'll reveal it now because you guys are accusing me of things.


I think KESPA should contract a really good mapmaker and get him to recreate SCBW on SCII engine. Hence, the game improves graphically but the gameplay remains the same.

lol you gotta be joking

in what way does "the livelihoods of pro BW players" need to be protected? what do you know about the BW pro scene anyway?
POGGERS
setzer
Profile Joined March 2010
United States3284 Posts
July 04 2011 08:34 GMT
#36
On July 04 2011 17:32 kalany wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2011 17:29 setzer wrote:
Troll OP. Please close this, his only intention is to argue with people and make his points about how stupid people are to follow/play BW and not SC2.



What the heck?

Okay, the reason I ask this is because I have a solution to protect the livelihoods of pro BW players. I think I'll reveal it now because you guys are accusing me of things.


I think KESPA should contract a really good mapmaker and get him to recreate SCBW on SCII engine. Hence, the game improves graphically but the gameplay remains the same.


Translation: BW pros should move over to SC2 because that is the more popular game.
zanzib
Profile Joined December 2009
China152 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-04 08:35:26
July 04 2011 08:34 GMT
#37
I play BW still because it can run on all of my computers. But more honestly I don't feel like moving onto a new game, especially since I have not to a serious degree have mastery in playing BW.

In a way it is pride, and in another way I do not feel like moving on. I still have a lot of attachments to a lot of the players in the scene. However I sometimes enjoy watching SC2 even if I do not play it.

Occasionally I will watch when old school gamers like Boxer, Nada, or July but also players like Naniwa, MC, MKP, TLO, and a bunch of other creative and enterprising players (and sometimes controversial guys like Idra just for the drama factor).
Sometimes backwards is forwards.
Black[CAT]
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Malaysia2589 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-04 08:36:16
July 04 2011 08:34 GMT
#38
On July 04 2011 17:32 kalany wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2011 17:29 setzer wrote:
Troll OP. Please close this, his only intention is to argue with people and make his points about how stupid people are to follow/play BW and not SC2.



What the heck?

Okay, the reason I ask this is because I have a solution to protect the livelihoods of pro BW players. I think I'll reveal it now because you guys are accusing me of things.


I think KESPA should contract a really good mapmaker and get him to recreate SCBW on SCII engine. Hence, the game improves graphically but the gameplay remains the same.



/Facepalm

Hard to believe you are my age....
You mean ESPORTS isnt a synonym for SC2? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ -Proud owner of a Filco Majestouch 2 with Cherry Blue Switches- BW or SC2? Why not both?
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21248 Posts
July 04 2011 08:35 GMT
#39
On July 04 2011 17:32 kalany wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2011 17:29 setzer wrote:
Troll OP. Please close this, his only intention is to argue with people and make his points about how stupid people are to follow/play BW and not SC2.



What the heck?

Okay, the reason I ask this is because I have a solution to protect the livelihoods of pro BW players. I think I'll reveal it now because you guys are accusing me of things.


I think KESPA should contract a really good mapmaker and get him to recreate SCBW on SCII engine. Hence, the game improves graphically but the gameplay remains the same.


LOOOOOOOOOOOL
TranslatorBaa!
Spica
Profile Joined December 2010
United States5582 Posts
July 04 2011 08:35 GMT
#40
Where's a mod when you need one D:
How to pronounce the name: "SPY-ka" | Proud to share the same birthday with Shin (神) Dong Won and the almighty BoxeR | 리쌍도 나무에서 떨어진다. | To YellOw: "2位じゃダメなんですか?" ㅋㅋㅋ | Rest in peace, Violet. 08/23/12
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TKL 248
CranKy Ducklings180
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 248
ProTech145
Rex 103
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 40068
Free 1536
Horang2 319
firebathero 245
Zeus 139
Trap 137
Hyun 70
Last 62
ToSsGirL 45
soO 40
[ Show more ]
Yoon 38
Aegong 21
Rock 20
Bishop 16
Noble 16
scan(afreeca) 16
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc8178
Dendi859
XaKoH 422
420jenkins194
Counter-Strike
fl0m4183
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko443
Other Games
singsing2137
Beastyqt649
Mlord361
byalli279
mouzStarbuck230
KnowMe209
Hui .182
DeMusliM152
QueenE92
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 35
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP31
• Adnapsc2 7
• Dystopia_ 3
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix15
• Michael_bg 10
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1618
Other Games
• Shiphtur451
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
1h 16m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3h 16m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
18h 16m
Patches Events
23h 16m
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
OSC
1d 7h
OSC
1d 20h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.