• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:13
CEST 08:13
KST 15:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9981 users

Why do you still play SCBW

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
kalany
Profile Joined June 2011
United States149 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-04 09:00:22
July 04 2011 08:15 GMT
#1
Poll: Why do you still play SCBW

Other (Please explain) (35)
 
58%

It requires more skills that SCII (13)
 
22%

I am a fanboy of SCBW progamers so I play the game that my idols play (6)
 
10%

My Computer is not good enough to handle SCII (4)
 
7%

I think SCII is imbalanced (2)
 
3%

60 total votes

Your vote: Why do you still play SCBW

(Vote): It requires more skills that SCII
(Vote): My Computer is not good enough to handle SCII
(Vote): I am a fanboy of SCBW progamers so I play the game that my idols play
(Vote): I think SCII is imbalanced
(Vote): Other (Please explain)


EDIT:: Please close this thread, I didn't realize I appeared as a troll to a lot of the BW members. I'll reluctantly take a ban if it was really that hurtful to you guys. I apologize if it seemed like I denigrated the game that you guys play and love.

EDIT: I came at peace but it seems that I am not liked by the BW crew, mods may definitely close this if it gets out of hand.


So it's been around a year now since the release of SCII and I see that there are still copious BW fans and a few players. From a SCII player's perspective, I don't get it and I would like to understand the reasons why you guys still play BW rather than SCII.

The reason for this is because I think I might have an ultimate solution to rescue the livelihood of those playing BW professionally but I kind of don't want to tell anyone because that would only continue to cause divisiveness in our community.

Also, I searched some keywords and it seems that we haven't had this poll before. Please don't crucify aka banhammer me if there has been. I really did try to take precautionary measures.
"There is no spoon."
Tenhou
Profile Joined April 2011
1052 Posts
July 04 2011 08:16 GMT
#2
Others: Because it's more fun.
kalany
Profile Joined June 2011
United States149 Posts
July 04 2011 08:18 GMT
#3
On July 04 2011 17:16 Tenhou wrote:
Others: Because it's more fun.


I don't get it though. How is it more fun? Visually, it hurts my eyes just watching BW now.

Honest, only if I were an ascetic, would I play BW
"There is no spoon."
J1.au
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Australia3596 Posts
July 04 2011 08:18 GMT
#4
On July 04 2011 17:15 kalany wrote:
The reason for this is because I think I might have an ultimate solution to rescue the livelihood of those playing BW professionally but I kind of don't want to tell anyone because that would only continue to cause divisiveness in our community.

The only people who play BW professionally are Koreans and they don't need your help.
moopie
Profile Joined July 2009
12605 Posts
July 04 2011 08:19 GMT
#5
More fun, clearer to see, more skill driven.
I'm going to sleep, let me get some of that carpet.
tnud
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Sweden2233 Posts
July 04 2011 08:19 GMT
#6
I like it better, more fun at the moment.
- ಠ_ಠ - | disinfect wrote: AHAHHAHAHA 2DG FUCK ME ALREADY.
rift
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
1819 Posts
July 04 2011 08:19 GMT
#7
Please, enlighten us with your ultimate solution.
Black[CAT]
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Malaysia2589 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-04 08:21:36
July 04 2011 08:19 GMT
#8
Others:
-----------
Its more fun, more epic, more balanced, requires more skills than sc2, My Computer is not good enough to handle SCII, I am a fanboy of SCBW progamers so I play the game that my idols play, I think SCII is imbalanced. Btw, its graphic is like classic cars, beautiful and timeless.

Even if I have sc2, I focus on BW. I can play both, but heart is at BW.
You mean ESPORTS isnt a synonym for SC2? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ -Proud owner of a Filco Majestouch 2 with Cherry Blue Switches- BW or SC2? Why not both?
Kiante
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7069 Posts
July 04 2011 08:19 GMT
#9
The game is more fun. Also there is noone in the foreign community playing BW professionally anymore. only in korea, and they dont need saving, they're doing fine
Writer
DoX.)
Profile Joined December 2008
Singapore6164 Posts
July 04 2011 08:22 GMT
#10
Aesthetically BW is much more vibrant than SC2, with the colours and everything. In SC2 anything short of a grassland tileset is gloomy and dark and hard to see.
Tenhou
Profile Joined April 2011
1052 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-04 08:23:27
July 04 2011 08:23 GMT
#11
On July 04 2011 17:18 kalany wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2011 17:16 Tenhou wrote:
Others: Because it's more fun.


I don't get it though. How is it more fun? Visually, it hurts my eyes just watching BW now.

Honest, only if I were an ascetic, would I play BW


We've been playing sc for a long time now so we're used to it, it doesn't hurt our eye.

I played sc2 during beta up to 2 months after release, it isn't fun to me then why must I play it? I play up to 2 months thinking it might get better for me, but losing a game on iccup is more fun to be than winning a diamond game back then.
Nazza
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Australia1654 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-04 08:26:44
July 04 2011 08:23 GMT
#12
On July 04 2011 17:18 kalany wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2011 17:16 Tenhou wrote:
Others: Because it's more fun.


I don't get it though. How is it more fun? Visually, it hurts my eyes just watching BW now.

Honest, only if I were an ascetic, would I play BW


Out of curiosity, how old are you?

I grew up with these graphics, so to speak. Where I used to live we didn't have good enough computers to even run Warcraft III (well very few people did), so my friends and I used to LAN on money maps.

It's definitely more fun to play BW. The dynamics are more interesting and the fights are more epic.

And before you ask, yes I have played SC2. I got the game on the first day of release. I beat the campaign within 3 days and I played 50 games on ladder before regretting not playing on Iccup before. It has a high production value but the gameplay-wise it's not as great as BW.
No one ever remembers second place, eh? eh? GIVE ME COMMAND
Pholon
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Netherlands6142 Posts
July 04 2011 08:23 GMT
#13
It's a good game.

Why isn't this in your poll. Every gamer should want to play a game that's been actively played for 13 years. Can't believe this is one of your options.
Moderator@TLPholon // "I need a third hand to facepalm right now"
ShadeR
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7535 Posts
July 04 2011 08:24 GMT
#14
I only watch BW to see medics die. Medic death is great.
Gann1
Profile Joined July 2009
United States1575 Posts
July 04 2011 08:25 GMT
#15
it's fun

since this is clearly a bw vs sc2 thread, i'll add that bw has been fun for me for years, while i only had fun with sc2 for a couple months before i didn't want to play anymore
I drop suckas like Plinko
rift
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
1819 Posts
July 04 2011 08:25 GMT
#16
In the words of SKT T1's manager Park Young Woon, "StarCraft 2 is a simple game."
kalany
Profile Joined June 2011
United States149 Posts
July 04 2011 08:25 GMT
#17
On July 04 2011 17:19 Kiante wrote:
The game is more fun. Also there is noone in the foreign community playing BW professionally anymore. only in korea, and they dont need saving, they're doing fine



Dude....don't try to have this debate with me man. You can't say that SCBW isn't going to dissipate as soon as contracts expire and key star players (Flash, Jaedong, Bisu) enlist in the military. Didn't Hite and some other team get absorbed already?

I don't know man....it's not looking good for you guys.
"There is no spoon."
Black[CAT]
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Malaysia2589 Posts
July 04 2011 08:25 GMT
#18
On July 04 2011 17:23 Nazza wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2011 17:18 kalany wrote:
On July 04 2011 17:16 Tenhou wrote:
Others: Because it's more fun.


I don't get it though. How is it more fun? Visually, it hurts my eyes just watching BW now.

Honest, only if I were an ascetic, would I play BW


Out of curiosity, how old are you?

I grew up with these graphics, so to speak. Where I used to live we didn't have good enough computers to even run Warcraft III (well very few people did), so my friends and I used to LAN on money maps.

It's definitely more fun to play BW. The dynamics are more interesting and the fights are more epic.


Owh lol~I was about to ask this question as well
You must be those people who are all in graphics. Not that we dont appreciate good graphics, we know how to appreciate good gameplay.
You mean ESPORTS isnt a synonym for SC2? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ -Proud owner of a Filco Majestouch 2 with Cherry Blue Switches- BW or SC2? Why not both?
Tenhou
Profile Joined April 2011
1052 Posts
July 04 2011 08:27 GMT
#19
On July 04 2011 17:25 kalany wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2011 17:19 Kiante wrote:
The game is more fun. Also there is noone in the foreign community playing BW professionally anymore. only in korea, and they dont need saving, they're doing fine



Dude....don't try to have this debate with me man. You can't say that SCBW isn't going to dissipate as soon as contracts expire and key star players (Flash, Jaedong, Bisu) enlist in the military. Didn't Hite and some other team get absorbed already?

I don't know man....it's not looking good for you guys.


It seems like this is your only thought and you're here to troll the BW community, I hope you get banned.
Hero.SP
Profile Joined March 2010
Chile711 Posts
July 04 2011 08:27 GMT
#20
My PC cant handle it + I like BW a lot :D
"well you know, the hardest part is the gg, I mean you have to be aware anytime your opponent can type gg, and you have to gg just right after him." - Flash
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 301
Mind 67
sorry 56
Bale 32
ZergMaN 12
Icarus 1
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm175
League of Legends
JimRising 754
Other Games
summit1g7795
Coldzera 713
WinterStarcraft699
C9.Mang0310
Sick146
febbydoto15
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick710
BasetradeTV187
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2166
League of Legends
• Rush1379
Other Games
• Shiphtur661
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
3h 47m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
5h 47m
AI Arena Tournament
10h 47m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
12h 47m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 3h
Patches Events
1d 8h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.